Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenerios- Yes or No?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    They are optional, @ncisGibbs02 , if you don't want to play them then just don't click on the New Scenario button
    So there’s a button you have to click? Well that’s good. Thanks for letting me know. 😊

I thought they were going to be annoying pop ups during gameplay or if you entered CAS.

@ncisGibbs02 this is what you'll see on the main menu.

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    For anyone that may be curious, I just completed the Making Money scenario in 27 in-game days. "As a reward, each Sim in this household has earned Satisfaction Points which you can spend at the Rewards Store." I failed to see exactly how many points were received, based on my fuzzy memory of what I had before I'm guessing it's 5000.

So the scenario thing set my sim's account to zero at the start, kept track of number of days to complete the scenario, and gave some Satisfaction Points. Didn't notice anything else from it.
    The cake is a lie
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    For anyone that may be curious, I just completed the Making Money scenario in 27 in-game days. "As a reward, each Sim in this household has earned Satisfaction Points which you can spend at the Rewards Store." I failed to see exactly how many points were received, based on my fuzzy memory of what I had before I'm guessing it's 5000.

So the scenario thing set my sim's account to zero at the start, kept track of number of days to complete the scenario, and gave some Satisfaction Points. Didn't notice anything else from it.

That's all I noticed getting for finishing the toddler one. It didn't even tell me what I got. I had to look for it.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Why the time limited access. I played sims freeplay for a while but stopped because of all the time limited tasks. I paid real money for the sims 4 so I can play how and when I want. At least in sims freeplay the challenges (or whatever they were called) were repeated after a few months. I have never got a chance for the plantsims challenge because I started playing just after that one.

I was willing to give scenarios a try but now I really don't know any more. Let's say I like a scenario and want to start it again, I can't because it's no longer available. At least they give us more than just a 3 day window to start because it is impossible for me to play for the next few days.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    For games like Sims mobile time limited events make sense. You can earn a lot of xp to level up and usually you get nice rewards. The intension of such events is to make the players buy stuff in the ingame shop to finish the event in time. This is how they make money in games like this.
    In Sims 4 it makes no sense. We don't have an ingame shop and we don't need XP to level up. Aspiration Points are a nice reward but they are not very special. And they are restricted to one Sim. All that makes me feel like there is coming something different. Maybe the next time limited scenario is joined to a kit that makes it easier to finish the scenario? Or Sims 5 will be more like a game like sims mobile with an ingame shop and XP and the scenarios are a test? If Sims 5 will be like this I'm not sure if I would like it. The time limited events were one reason I stopped playing Sims mobile.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    So these scenarios is not in the game permanently ?
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    beville wrote: »
    So these scenarios is not in the game permanently ?

Some are permanently, like the first two, and some are not, like the too many toddlers. Who knows what Maxis decides to do next?
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Thanks @Melisendre
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    As a concept, it's interesting. But what I would like to see eventually, is being able to create a custom scenario, and upload it to the gallery for others. As it is right now, I've only used the R2R so far, but I've been playing that style for years. All this does is take away the money without a cheat, and pop up the notification constantly telling my my goal is to get 1M simoleons. It would be great if it kept track, like the wealth aspiration does. But as it is now, it's just an annoyance.

It is interesting though, that finally the devs are seeing that the community should drive development. This year they added the furniture to the base game that was originally custom content, and now the scenarios are making their way into the game. It's a good thing, but maybe too little too late.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I am playing the broke sim, and I was hoping for it to last a long, long time because it's going to take a long, long time to play. I normally hate challenges because of the rules but this one is made for me...make a million.

I usually cheat when I play, they made them to be used. :D My sim is lvl 8 in painting with the reward of Creative Visionary and he is painting...normal paintings with normal rates. Yikes! So for me, this is going to be a REAL challenge to my gameplay, and I'm looking forward to it!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

I'm one that has never played any challenges in TS2/3 or even 4 but I think it's a good idea for us players who has never done challenges due to fear of not being able to finish them due to either getting bored or deviating from what the goal is. By adding this, it gives us a chance to try something that doesn't require a lot of rules to follow. In other words, it's something that hopefully simple enough for us newbies to do before we decide to take on a much more involved challenges in my opinion. I, myself will try to do all of them even the time limited ones even if I just start a new game or 2 to be able to play them even after they go away since I don't play my Sims games all of the time as I also play World of Warcraft when I'm in the mood. But since the holiday event for WoW is over and I got bored playing, I've played both, TS3 and TS4 this week.

Of course I should say that I only have the base game of TS4 that I got for free when EA offered it back in the Spring of 2019, so I'm hoping that most of the scenarios that they do are all base game scenarios and if not, then that's okay.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I'm one that has never played any challenges in TS2/3 or even 4 but I think it's a good idea for us players who has never done challenges due to fear of not being able to finish them due to either getting bored or deviating from what the goal is. By adding this, it gives us a chance to try something that doesn't require a lot of rules to follow. In other words, it's something that hopefully simple enough for us newbies to do before we decide to take on a much more involved challenges in my opinion. I, myself will try to do all of them even the time limited ones even if I just start a new game or 2 to be able to play them even after they go away since I don't play my Sims games all of the time as I also play World of Warcraft when I'm in the mood. But since the holiday event for WoW is over and I got bored playing, I've played both, TS3 and TS4 this week.

Of course I should say that I only have the base game of TS4 that I got for free when EA offered it back in the Spring of 2019, so I'm hoping that most of the scenarios that they do are all base game scenarios and if not, then that's okay.

They have only released base game scenarios so far but I'm hoping they release some based on certain packs. But for now it looks like most will be Base game
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

They have only released base game scenarios so far but I'm hoping they release some based on certain packs. But for now it looks like most will be Base game

Yeah that's what I'm wondering. I saw over on another thread that there was 2 more to try out besides the money one, the bad break-up and the toddler one which makes 5 but I only have the 3 that I just mentioned. The other 2 that I saw in another thread are Surviving the Holidays and Perfectly Well Rounded. So now I'm just wondering that since I don't see those listed on my list when I click on the scenario button that maybe they are for other packs as well since I only have the base game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995142/too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-nov-3/p2
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yeah that's what I'm wondering. I saw over on another thread that there was 2 more to try out besides the money one, the bad break-up and the toddler one which makes 5 but I only have the 3 that I just mentioned. The other 2 that I saw in another thread are Surviving the Holidays and Perfectly Well Rounded. So now I'm just wondering that since I don't see those listed on my list when I click on the scenario button that maybe they are for other packs as well since I only have the base game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995142/too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-nov-3/p2

No the other ones are just not available yet
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I may or may not try a scenario someday. I think it’s great for those not aware of challenges that are out there as someone mentioned above.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

No the other ones are just not available yet

Okay. Just wondering. Thank you @kaiwrysims...😀
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Scenarios? Maybe. Temporary scenarios? NO WAY.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've started all three and surprisingly (for me) I'm really enjoying the couples one. I don't do couples often.
    They really are at odds with one another and I've played them about 3 or 4 days in... made them into a couple with interests that don't merge .. yet. Given them ways to earn an income and their own goals. I'm telling my own story to myself in the background also of course but will be happy when they simmer down enough to talk without disliking each other further. I'm going to try to get them back together eventually through a shared interest.
    I liked the idea of scenarios initially as a springboard to start new households when I'm not feeling very creative... but I appreciate it a lot more after smiling and playing with my couple for hours. I've gotten close to my couple and that makes the gameplay satisfying. It really pushed their story on me, rather than me doing all the leg work to set it up. So that chaotic beginning is nice.
    I'm interested to see what else they come up with. I've decided to make a scenario save and just populate it with these sims and other scenarios that pop up.
    I'm not fond of the idea of temporary scenarios either... but I've got one started and at least the time frame to start it in is long. I'll probably be bummed if I miss starting one for whatever reason.
    egTcBMc.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2021
    After giving it some thought, they are No, for me. I want to see improvements with the game itself. A scenario doesn't change how the game works or add anything new to it. But I can see how they can be fun for people, I think they will work for people that are looking for something quick to play and return to it from time to time.

I think that Maxis could have worked more on them though, they could be more advanced, have more options, rules that actually restrict you in the game, sub-goals, more different outcomes and also that they could have given us the ability to create our own challenges.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Will there be a scenario creator? Ya know what, as unimpressive as Maxis can definitely be, the community can take this system and make it something worthwhile. I look forward to that.

I doubt they would give the community the tools to do their own scenario sharing on the gallery. That would sort of defeat the purpose of them being able to say they created new gameplay and gave it away for free (per their contract).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Still a no. The ones presented are way to shallow and really DO NOT enhance my gameplay. It must be because I play more difficult multi-generational challenges.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    logion wrote: »
    After giving it some thought, they are No, for me. I want to see improvements with the game itself. A scenario doesn't change how the game works or add anything new to it. But I can see how they can be fun for people, I think they will work for people that are looking for something quick to play and return to it from time to time.

I think that Maxis could have worked more on them though, they could be more advanced, have more options, rules that actually restrict you in the game, sub-goals, more different outcomes and also that they could have given us the ability to create our own challenges.

If they had been like the 'stories' from TS2 there might have been a better reaction from me, I guess. Such as when you load one of the premade families in that game they are already mad and fighting. And or in love and or breaking up or whatever. They have already been coded to behave a particular way with one another. Those are actually fun to play because the player doesn't have to go the route of letting Casandra get left at the alter by Don, nor allow the fighting and hatred to continue between the two teen sisters or the maid to stay over and romance the dad etc. There are no rules there, either, but at least they have a back story you can see by actually playing them and see they are upset and mad and or cheating and or broke and breaking down over it.

This just seems like some backdoor way to make TS4 more like a mobile game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Will there be a scenario creator? Ya know what, as unimpressive as Maxis can definitely be, the community can take this system and make it something worthwhile. I look forward to that.

I doubt they would give the community the tools to do their own scenario sharing on the gallery. That would sort of defeat the purpose of them being able to say they created new gameplay and gave it away for free (per their contract).

Just like taking the tools that allowed me to create my own world and now it is an paywall except they use the tools and what you see is what you get. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I’m playing through finding love after break up and right now I really like this scenario. My sims slowly got back to being friends. It wasn’t as easy as I thought, because of the harsh sentiments game is giving them. Some of them are short term like furious, but others are the grudge one or hurt which takes long to die out. But apologizing made it fade quicker. Both sims are good so it could also contribute as I saw video on YT with hot headed sims and apologizing didn’t work for them.
    Still the romantic relationship is full red and anything romantic in normal conversation is a big no. I see that it will take much much longer than friendship to be positive and if all fails I consider getting beguiling for one of them as I’m determinate to get them back as soulmates. But this is exactly the level of stress I expect bad romantic relationship should give me in the sims. I think this scenario is really well done. The only minus is my game became a little more glitchy.

I know that many says you can break up in the game, then try get them back together and that’s the same, but I’m one of those players that can’t handle breaking up love between sims lol, so for me this scenario does the dirty work.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    I got bored with the millionaire one pretty quickly.

(Also, I really wish there were a way to keep the UI minimized in the top left corner. Currently it pops open every time you travel to another lot. Even if you stay home and keep it minimized, every time you earn any money the little scenario flag gets animated flashing rays coming out of it, and keeps flashing at you until you open and then close the UI again. We know the scenario goal is "earn a million simoleons", we won't forget and need to be reminded just because we traveled lots or earned some money. Even if we forget, we can always open the UI panel ourselves.)