Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios Coming To Base Game

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

2 weeks is better than 3 days, but why do they have to limit the time at all?

I hate timed events in game. Still seems a little sketchy to me.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hope they don't take the Sims mobile as a model for for TS4 cause going by some recent tweets, Sims mobile is in some big trouble. 😭
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have a feeling that's exactly what they do.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Remaining scenarios are now available.

s8HO863.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    The limited time thing (even to begin the scenario) really bothers me, too. I don’t even care about playing this way but it’s a control issue for me. We are used to having ultimate control, we are used to the freedom of playing whenever and however we want and now EA thinks it’s cool to control when we have access to something. Not cool.

That has been all of TS4 for me.

I don't know about you guys, but Paralives is looking like the game I'm moving onto in the future. It's sad that they are turning TS4 and probably TS5 into a mobile style game.
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Timed scenarios sound so lame! I hate feeling pressured to do something because I feel like I'm missing out. I pre-ordered SimCity and Sims 4 for $70 USD because of that. No thanks.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have all of the scenarios available. Strange that they are all here a day after. I hate how limiting it is to set them up. For the "Perfectly Well Rounded" it won't let me select another sim to be the one for the scenario. Instead it forces the scenario upon the first sim that is generated in CAS! They really need to let us select the exact sims partaking in the scenario!!!
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2021
    @simgirl1010 I only have the 3 first ones and it's said for the ''Too many toddlers'' is available until 17/11/2021??? :'(
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 I only have the 3 first ones and it's said for the ''Too many toddlers'' is available until 17/11/2021??? :'(

@Skyrryx I can't go back and double check as I've already started a scenario. I should have clicked on the view button for the last two. Maybe someone else can verify?
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    As someone who was excited for scenarios, I was kind of disappointed in the money making challenge. You can literally just use a money cheat & be done with it in a matter of seconds, lol, & all you get is a notification saying that you completed the challenge. Idk. I’m excited to try the other challenges, but I don’t get why they have to be time restricted. I don’t get much time to play these days.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I figured what is happening. I started the game offline and the 5 scenarios appeared without the limited counter on the toddlers scenario.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I was waiting until I had more information to make up my mind about scenarios. I don't have any strong feelings about this new feature, but I do think that the scenario 'Surviving the Holidays' sounds like it could turn into a fun story and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try this one out.

L6Aoyhhl.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don't even know if there's a way to get enemies with benefits without cheating. Anyhow, EA seems of the opinion there is.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I was waiting until I had more information to make up my mind about scenarios. I don't have any strong feelings about this new feature, but I do think that the scenario 'Surviving the Holidays' sounds like it could turn into a fun story and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try this one out.

L6Aoyhhl.jpg

This challenge kind of gives me Hallmark channel movies vibes, & I love it. 😂
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

L6Aoyhhl.jpg

Yeah I'm interested in this one too but I have a feeling this one would be limited time as well. Because it mentions "the spirit of the holidays".

I think the limited time thing is something the team is "trying out". Like they did with mfps and then probably never will do again after the negative reaction. I don't really care that much with the toddler one as you don't really need to cheat to play out that scenario (without actually playing the scenario) except with the addition of reward points as a prize. Which I don't really care for.

But with the more interesting ones like "surviving the holidays" I am more interested in trying that one out and I would want to probably play out more than once.

Scenarios are a good way to start a household instead of the usual just starting with one or two sims that are in good relationship with each other. I could still play out any story I have in mind but the starting point can make it a lot more interesting.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    And it's gone ... :D

Q1lpr5hl.jpg

Now that the game is back online I only have those 3 scenarios left. I guess it will come back at some point (closer to the holidays).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    They should add a "Not Interested" button on each Scenario. That way they'd know whether people aren't playing them because they haven't got to them yet (or ran out of time to start one in the case of limited ones) or if they don't plan to do them at all. Then again, maybe they don't want to know that. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

L6Aoyhhl.jpg

This challenge kind of gives me Hallmark channel movies vibes, & I love it. 😂

I thought the same thing!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    All of these romance scenarios are quite pointless without a Attraction/ Chemistry system. Right now, romance is too easy in the game.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I can understand where the team was trying to go with this feature however I think it could've been better if you could use scenarios on families you already have, not everyone likes to start new households all the time, perhaps some in game events could trigger a pop up to ask you, anyways it's free at the end of the day so..... lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    All of these romance scenarios are quite pointless without a Attraction/ Chemistry system. Right now, romance is too easy in the game.

So is the money scenario. I just read where someone just bulldozed a house and got the money from that. I mean so they added zero money ability in the UI but then just bulldoze a house. As I stated before we already have the money aspiration in the base game. Too many toddlers might have been a challenge, play it in TS2 if someone wants to have a hard challenge. lol I had two three toddlers in the game often when I played them when they were first released in TS4. Been there done it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    I have a new save, only for scenarios.

Asit is, currently I am not interested doing any, BUT I know myself well, that I may have sudden interest after all :D

So I have a new save, making new family (or sim or sim plus todds, what ever each needs) , putting the family with scenario to a house.. and that is it.. for every scenario. Limited time or not.

If I have sudden interest to play one, after all, what most likely happens, those are there :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2021
    I saw the tweet, I agree scenarios have potential and can be great. I really don't care about Too Many Toddlers, it's so meaningless. From what I see, it's just let you make 3 toddlers in cas. The other two atleast save your some work from breaking up or typing cheats. I couldn't bother to play it even it's limited time event.