Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios Coming To Base Game

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    edited November 2021

The Sims Team revealed just a week ago that they’ll delivering a new feature called Scenarios to The Sims 4. Today we got an update for the game on PC and Consoles that brought 2 Scenarios, including Making Money and Finding Love After A Breakup.

However, in the game files from the latest Sims 4 Update there are 3 more Scenarios hidden that The Sims Team said to “Unlock” over the next few weeks. Check out the details below!

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/02/preview-of-the-3-upcoming-scenarios-for-the-sims-4/
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited November 2021
    So Too Many Toddlers is basically just a watered-down take on the 100 Baby Challenge, and again offers nothing new. I guess it can be a little tough if you make them straight out of CAS, but there's no added difficulty or curve to make it interesting, like making the toddlers hate you or giving them randomized moodlets to start off. This didn't need to be a scenario at all. In fact, it'd be more challenging to have a sim get pregnant and have toddlers naturally.

Surviving the Holidays has an interesting premise, but the fact that we can only have positive outcomes really puts a damper on things. It doesn't help that relationships are infamously easy in the Sims 4. But it's the most creative one of the three.

Perfectly Well Rounded is a watered-down take on the Super Sim challenge, or aspirations like Renaissance Sim. There doesn't seem to be anything that provides an obstacle or challenge here, it just exists.

Scenarios aren't giving me a lot of faith here.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So Too Many Toddlers is basically just a watered-down take on the 100 Baby Challenge, and again offers nothing new. I guess it can be a little tough if you make them straight out of CAS, but there's no added difficulty or curve to make it interesting, like making the toddlers hate you or giving them randomized moodlets to start off. This didn't need to be a scenario at all.

Surviving the Holidays has an interesting premise, but the fact that we can only have positive outcomes really puts a damper on things. It doesn't help that relationships are infamously easy in the Sims 4. But it's the most creative one of the three.

Perfectly Well Rounded is a watered-down take on the Super Sim challenge, or aspirations like Renaissance Sim. There doesn't seem to be anything that provides an obstacle or challenge here, it just exists.

Scenarios aren't giving me a lot of faith here.

Yeah they all look pretty pointless to me.
    What happened to multiple endings? All of them look pretty linear to me. It doesn't even look like you can fail them.

And like you said, they look like copies of other Aspirations already in the game, or challenges players have been using for years now.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    What happened to multiple endings? All of them look pretty linear to me. It doesn't even look like you can fail them.
    You can probably fail Surviving the Holidays if you murder one of the sims. Which would be a way more interesting option than what they're offering us here.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    I thought there might be RPG style BE, but the fact that you can't fail is really bumping me up. I really hope that they'll make it available to exiting household, so at least it's can be tool for mid-game storytelling or challenge.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The love after a break up scenario could have potential only if the romance system was better. However I like that scenarios could give Maxis an opportunity to give townies etc better stories & relationships. Tho, they still need to address the core game issues. Which are emotions, relationships, memories etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Well, it took me all of three hours - including CAS - to get through the Finding Love after a Break Up scenario. Granted, I went for the "easy" outcome (finding love with someone else) and just focused on that rather than actually playing through the story... considering it's not a story I'd normally care to play.

I think the other two outcomes (getting back together or finding friendship with your ex) might take a day or two longer. Might also be more difficult if you start them off with only one bed (I picked an apartment with two). I also didn't check to see what happened if you started them out as married in CAS.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I just quickly went to play around with the scenarios and liked it more than I thought. I started with the "finding love" or whatever it was called and it was fun to create characters that had a situation already happening in the household. I just wish they started with a bunch more and ones that were much more long term! The preview of the new ones look relatively easy enough though I honestly have trouble focusing on my goals so these might help me. However, I really hope they add ability to have scenarios added to characters you are already playing.
  • KalonKalon Posts: 4 New Member
    Haven't gotten the chance to play just yet since the scenarios just won't load for me when clicking the button but seeing all these messages I can't wait to try the romance one! :smile:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I let everything behind, started a brand new save with one of my favourite Sims and now I'm playing the millionaire scenario. I'm already addicted :) .
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    logion wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Why haven't Whims been worked on? It's a classic Sims feature and many, many players have wanted personalized Whims. But no, let's abandon them and turn them off altogether and do a Spark'd contest instead, adding a whole new tab on the Gallery that will be abandoned in less than a year. I mean...what? Then we have Traits that have been added in a very slow crawl, and while they are improving, we still don't have another slot added or an amount that seems sufficient for a 7-year run. Aspirations got reduced to pack tutorials, Lifestyles are limited to one EP, most of the Rewards store is useless because the game is still a hand-holding Utopia, there's still no chemistry system or romantic preferences, no Fears even though we now have a Scared emotion, no day-to-day life obstacles and no real Sim enmity or general punishments, and even the Clubs system keeps getting forgotten. And my god, we still don't have a decent amount of playable Occults (like Ghosts to create in CAS?!), NPCs like police, generational play that's up to par, or small pets.

Scenarios are reminding me a bit of Spark'd... I assume that these "100 baes" challenges with Kelsey Impicciche was them trying to get people interested in challenges before they announced Scenarios. And...Kelsey was one of the judges in Spark'd as well.

I can't help but wonder if the same people are behind Scenarios, some kinda team that are responsible for increasing player activity that are taking help from Kelsey again.

Kelsey seems nice though, I liked her 100 baby challenge videos. That said, I would prefer if they would listen more to the community and what they want and increase player activity that way instead.

You might be right about that. They've always had different segments within their development teams to focus on different types of content so it's possible they have a "player engagement" team too.

I don't think Scenarios are my thing. I prefer to leave my gameplay open-ended, I'm more about the journey and "what ifs" and finding drama rather than achieving specific positive goals, so striving towards one of three happy outcomes just isn't my cup of tea. There doesn't seem to be any new challenges incorporated aside from starting out with one issue that can already be replicated in the game through player direction or cheats. Kind of mundane for my liking. Oh well.
    #Team Occult
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2021
    The ''finding love after a break up'' scenario is dull without an attraction system. :/ It's just enlight how poorly the game is in regard to gameplay.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member

Thanks for sharing that @simgirl1010 ! My worries are gone. :smiley: I can now safely patch once the mods I use are updated...
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited November 2021
    Are they going to allow custom scenarios? Otherwise... meh.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Am I the only one who does not like to make custom/my own scenarios? :D Fine :)

As to me THAT is what many say "Something we can do already" , only difference is that it may say so in UI :)

Different issue if said scenarios could be downloaded from Gallery, then of course :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »

A modder said that it‘s possible

I can't wait to see what modders do! 👀
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »

A modder said that it‘s possible
    I would of been truly surprised if modders couldn't do it. I'm shocked Maxis didn't. Seems like a missed opportunity.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Well, it took me all of three hours - including CAS - to get through the Finding Love after a Break Up scenario. Granted, I went for the "easy" outcome (finding love with someone else) and just focused on that rather than actually playing through the story... considering it's not a story I'd normally care to play.

I think the other two outcomes (getting back together or finding friendship with your ex) might take a day or two longer. Might also be more difficult if you start them off with only one bed (I picked an apartment with two). I also didn't check to see what happened if you started them out as married in CAS.

I have set up to play with a Library version of Bob and Ewwliza.

I had to make them into Household Members (unmarried) in CAS to start the scenario. They start in game as Broken Up but not Divorced because technically they were never married.

This is due to the requirements that the sims be "unrelated" - including married.

Didn't have to wait long. 😄

edited November 2021

Yesterday we reported on the 3 limited-time scenarios that are coming to The Sims 4. The Sims Team didn’t specify the exact dates of when these Scenarios will begin – up until today thanks to a report from PCGamesN.

This news site reports that The Sims 4 devs shared with them that the Too Many Toddlers Scenario will begin TODAY, and shockingly it will only last for 3 days. We’re not sure why this Scenario is being locked away again after November 6th. Either way, if you wanted to play this Scenario you should expect it to go fully live at around 10AM Pacific Time today!

The Too Many Toddlers scenario launches on November 3 and will be removed as of November 6, the devs have announced in a press release, though if you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed. There are no details yet on how that scenario will play. The devs previously announced that another limited-time scenario called Perfectly Well-Rounded would come shortly after the feature’s launch.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/03/the-sims-4-too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-today/
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member

Didn't have to wait long. 😄

This didn't take long.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited November 2021

Yesterday we reported on the 3 limited-time scenarios that are coming to The Sims 4. The Sims Team didn’t specify the exact dates of when these Scenarios will begin – up until today thanks to a report from PCGamesN.

This news site reports that The Sims 4 devs shared with them that the Too Many Toddlers Scenario will begin TODAY, and shockingly it will only last for 3 days. We’re not sure why this Scenario is being locked away again after November 6th. Either way, if you wanted to play this Scenario you should expect it to go fully live at around 10AM Pacific Time today!

The Too Many Toddlers scenario launches on November 3 and will be removed as of November 6, the devs have announced in a press release, though if you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed. There are no details yet on how that scenario will play. The devs previously announced that another limited-time scenario called Perfectly Well-Rounded would come shortly after the feature’s launch.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/03/the-sims-4-too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-today/

3 DAYS!!! Are they for real? I don't know if I even have time to log into the game before the 6th. That kind of puts me off the whole scenario thing altogether. Why should I feel so pressured?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited November 2021
    There are really zero reasons to make some of these new scenarios time limited. Just let people play at their own pace like a normal life simulator.