Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Talking Toilet (EP03 City Living) ?

13...Next

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    This ^^^. I love the talking toilet! And for just this reason! :D

Actually only my sims who can afford it will have a talking potty. Curious, I haven't had the problem of the sims' obsessive behavior with the talking toilet, only with the decor I chose. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Yes
    I always love the reactions...

m8zlspv.png

I'm afraid to ask what the bee boxes are for. 😄
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    No, like most objects in the sims 4, sims are almost hardwired to interact with it multiple times a day, dropping their already qued up "to do" actions just to talk to a toilet...I wouldn't mind so much if it was an occasional thing, but sims have tiny attention spans these days, I don't allow them to own many novelty items, for my sanity ofc.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes
    I actually put it in a lot of my community lots. But I don't use it in my sims home.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Yes
    Darling Walsh and Diego Lobo like it. Darling has an ongoing feud with hers. Diego sometimes feels that his talking toilet is the only one who understands him.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    No
    I like it but I find it being in the sims relationship panel after a sim talks to it too weird to use it.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    No
    My sims aren’t that lonely
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    No
    my sims are way too obsessed with that thing lol
    // take me back to 2018.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    No
    I don't use it. Think it is available on a karaoke lot that came with the game, but I don't use it in my builds. Loner sims that need conversation usually find a plant in their gardens to talk to.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    No
    I don't think I've ever used it in any of my builds and have replaced it in the EA lots that are in my game.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    No
    I also remove it from the EA builds that use it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No
    I want my sims to socialize with each other not the toilet. It's fun for a bit but got old real quick.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    No
    I don't put it in a build no, if it's already in a build I download, I keep it in. I never specifically pick out that toilet if I need to buy another one.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    Certain sim types have it in their homes, scientists usually, techy types, loners ect.. Sometimes I put it in modern looking builds cause it fits the theme and yes now and then I have my sims talk to it...
    Basically I use it when it suits the style and story. I like the HAL overtones.
    egTcBMc.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Certain sim types have it in their homes, scientists usually, techy types, loners ect.. Sometimes I put it in modern looking builds cause it fits the theme and yes now and then I have my sims talk to it...

I wish they'd added a line that sounded Simlishly close to this this classic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4QDge_uz0
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    No
    I would if my Sims didn’t constantly stop to react to the darned toilet!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No
    haha no because the one time I used it the toilet got stuck with the sound of running water on and I couldn't get the sound out of the game even when I deleted the toilet. I had to move to a new apartment. That toilet scares me now.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Nah. The fact that they post the talking toilet on a EA Blog where they explained that they went to different places in Japan for this toilets, conceptualized them from prototype to the final product is an insult (in myself only I am still happy at the game) that I felt during that time especially since they announced that apartments are not buildable, and Elevators acts just like "stairs" so they are not worth it.

I guess that is why I rarely use it and only on community lots from CL.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes my Sims will use it autonomously so...
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes
    I have a vampire in my legacy family. She sometimes talks to the toilet when everyone else is alseep. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Same. A mad scientist might keep one in the basement. All doors locked.

Our sims can’t really learn anything from a talking toilet, can they? It’s not as if a sim gets enlightened from sitting and talking to it, like in real life. It’s not as if a talking toilet can boost a sim’s cooking skill either. Our sims should be able to meditate while sitting on a talking toilet. Or can they? 🤔

How about two talking toilets talking to each other? TT01 & TT02.

TT01: “How are you TT02? You lookin’ a bit flushed this evening.”
    TT02: “Really? I met another b - hole who talked louder than me. How about you TT01? You lookin’ a bit drained yerself.”
    TT01: “Meh. Cute little kitten wanted a drink but fell in.”
    TT02: “Ah. So what did you do TT01?”
    TT01: “I’d rather not talk about it.”

End of convo.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    No
    It seems to be a friend like Lin-Z and Invention Constructor, a way to satisfy the Social need without talking to a sim.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Yes
    Yes, and I very much enjoy being friends with a toilet. It always has a way of relieving me, HAHAHA
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Yes
    I put the fancier model of talking toilet in the basement of a mansion I built. The place was huge, taking up most of the space on a 64x64 lot, and it had four above-ground stories. On every floor I placed multiple bathrooms; every bedroom has it's own, and there are a bunch in the entrance hall to the house, where the stairs to the basement are located. One time I watched a sim get up in the morning with a desperate need to go. She did the potty-walk past no fewer than 11 fully equipped restroom facilities, including one that was maybe 5 tiles away from her bed, on her way down two flights of stairs to the basement to use the talking toilet. She almost made it, but not quite.

Maxis has suggested with the "Use and ?" options on the toilet that it might be difficult for the average user to determine what the different functions are. A co-worker of mine brought back a picture from his visit to Japan, showing the control panel of the toilet in his hotel bathroom. It had about 20 different buttons, with pictograms on each showing what they did. Most of the options were fairly clear, but a few were definitely in the "?" category.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12