Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    > @Calico45 said:
    > Stranger Sims walking around my home lot. I don't like nonessential townie generation anyway, I've genuinely complained about it since launch day, but seeing randos roaming around my home just irritates me. It doesn't make my game feel alive to have random abominations made to patrol my property.

Get the NPCC mod and it removes all townies and replaces them with household sims.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Darstep0301 It's several patches out of date, though, and the most compatible version is behind a paywall. There might be another mod that does something similar, but I'm not sure.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Darstep0301 It's several patches out of date, though, and the most compatible version is behind a paywall. There might be another mod that does something similar, but I'm not sure.

There is and it's created by Zero. It can be downloaded from here https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263 or you can just google Zero No Random Townies mod and it should come up.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    edited October 2021
    When you move the household and one of the defaults is to Keep Furniture, and it stuffs the household inventory with just about everything that isn't a wall or mounts into a wall. If you don't realize you had just suck-ed everything out of the old house during the move you're in for a real heart stopper of a tax bill, and if you later move back you're looking at a gutted house.

ETA Suck isn't a censored word but the past tense is?!
    The cake is a lie
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Toddlers getting out of the high chair. I like deciding that. In the Sims3, it made a nice timeout for mean toddlers.

There use to be a run feature you can click in the Sims 3, but not 4. My Sims always ran.

Taking to long cooking, going to the bathroom, taking a shower, ect

Dropping ques. Sims3 didn't. I set all 8 sim's ques and they did what I wanted.

Chickens not being listed in the lock category, but they seem to stay near my pens most of the time.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    Something that annoys me with Strangerville, is that they can put a bugg on other Sims, listen in on them and then blackmail them. But if I do that to one of my own Sims they will always go around with that blinking effect on their back since as far as I know you can't get rid of the thing.

@Peral: There's a social interaction to remove the bugg, but it can only be done by the Sim that initially added it.

Thank you very much, I would love to do the blackmail on my own Sims, which is so much more fun then doing it on random Sims
    Sharonia wrote: »

There is and it's created by Zero. It can be downloaded from here https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263 or you can just google Zero No Random Townies mod and it should come up.

I downloaded NPCC about 3 days ago and it cost me nothing. I believe it's by Zero.

I downloaded NPCC about 3 days ago and it cost me nothing. I believe it's by Zero.

Great work Sharonia bc I just downloaded that mod about 3 days ago. It comes up "Paulson NPCCC on my file folder, and downloaded files list.
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    When you move the household and one of the defaults is to Keep Furniture, and it stuffs the household inventory with just about everything that isn't a wall or mounts into a wall. If you don't realize you had just suck-ed everything out of the old house during the move you're in for a real heart stopper of a tax bill, and if you later move back you're looking at a gutted house.

ETA Suck isn't a censored word but the past tense is?!

You knew when you left the house that you were taking everything with you JustMeAlb, so why the surprise over the tax bill that represents the items in your possession? Especially if you still have those items in your possession and bought new furniture to boot. You could have sold everything in the old house and bought new furniture for the new one. Or you could go back to the old house and refurnish it so that the game could move in another family now that you are gone. What I normally do is take my furniture with me since EVERYTHING in my house is cc. The I go back to manage worlds and select build for the house that I just left. Then I furnish every room with the cheapest furniture from the base game so that another family can move in behind me.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Too easy to make money. I wish that I could tune the economy in my game.

30,000 simoleons is considered wealthy, in the game, like what?
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2021
    Children growing up to look deformed, with no chin whatsoever, but eyes and mouth both twice the size they should be. Both parents look normal, so what went wrong there - birth deffect?
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    In San Myusho. all the thought bubbles that come through the floors.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2021
    Food stalls don't have an "order for"option.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    There's no way to arrange items neatly when placing them outside of a lot. For example, not being able to place chairs around a campfire or set up a selling table the way you want.

Little point to camping with npcs in a spot that's not attached to the active lot too because those npc will spend half of their time running to the active lot no matter how far away your campsite is. I just want to be able to camp around freely with friends game!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SimGuruRitzySimGuruRitzy Posts: 4 SimGuru (retired)
    > @Olalla1986 said:
    > My sims being targeted outside by random sims to start chatting, sometimes those sims are very far away. The most annoying is the fact that the action to talk doesn’t show up at all and my sim just randomly starts to run somewhere and at first I didn’t know why are they running to this far location. Now I immediately ask them to do something else and it usually cancels the thing, but the design is ridiculous at best. I think townies should target only sims in very close proximity not everybody in the neighborhood. Especially annoying in Britechester while doing degree as it involves a lot of running between buildings.

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message on AnswersHQ with a link to the file or if comfortable you can share it here as well.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
  • SimGuruRitzySimGuruRitzy Posts: 4 SimGuru (retired)
    > @JustMeAlb said:
    > In most careers as the sim gets higher up in level it takes increasing amount of time to get the next promotion, AND your time at work gets reduced.
    >
    > This must have been complained about a dozen times already, but it drives me up the wall when my sim gets called away by another sim. It's annoying when my sim arrives where I need them only to see them zip off somewhere else because they got called over, double annoying when in Jungle Adventure when the camera gets confused where my sim is because they answered a call over immediately after traveling through a gate making them travel back through.

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message on AnswersHQ with a link to the file or if comfortable you can share it here as well.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

We've been reading through this thread and have noticed a few issues being mentioned that actually seem to be potential bugs.

If you're noticing something not working as it should that may fall under a bug report, so please head over to the Answers HQ forums if you're reporting a bug.

For those trivial things you'd like to see working differently you're definitely in the right spot for feedback with this thread, thanks for the continued discussion and examples folks! :)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    My main annoyance is the random Sims joining in your conversation. Especially when my Sims are having a date and having a rando join the conversation instantly turns a flirty conversation into an awkward one :|:|
  • babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    So my Sim is in the acting career and paparazzi just comes inside the house and bakes cakes all the time which is annoying ,the bug for baking white cakes is back which is really annoying.
    Eco living bess illegal scheme don’t work right she keeps asking for money every minutes and nothing in return. My sim will not every wash a plate after eating,which is a little irritating. I hired a maid and they don’t clean up dust bunnies or anything , My sim girl can’t throw away Garbage even if the bin and the recycle garbage bin is outside , also I have a question for those who play with get famous if your nominated for 2 awards and you go to the show to collect them by do you only get one ?

Also not related to current title but I feel like I can’t never really decorate my house if it’s a big house ,there just seems to not be enough in the game to do ugh.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    This isn't a bug related issue, but I'm seriously annoyed with the amount of fires that the sims create. I suppose I could level up their cooking skill before they start cooking to prevent this, but never really thought of doing that until now, LOL
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Right now my big annoyance is that "likes gardening" is making my sim obsessed with checking on his garden, even in the winter. That's going to come out until summer.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Same Sims everywhere.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've noticed that getting your parent sims to complete actions for their toddlers can be very difficult at times. The toddler needs to be taken care of and sometimes I feel the game makes it impossible to do so!

Also, the townies always look and dress ridiculous!
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    Periodically having all of my saved games, library items and mods I've previously deleted suddenly show back up so that I have to redelete them.

I love being able to use the "weed all" and "water all" options in gardening, but really wish there were "fertilize all", "spray all for bugs" and "evolve all" options. It drives me nuts having to go check each plant individually for those things, especially when my Sim has a larger garden.

Not having horses!!!!!

I hate it when my witch club gets together and suddenly it seems everyone's favorite spell is "inferniate" so they keep setting fires. I eventually had to turn the "cast spells" activity option off in order to get through a club gathering without burning everything!

When witches use their cauldrons to make mac & cheese or chili - I'd LOVE to have a way to prevent them from doing that.