Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Create Your Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    For me, it's a little bit of both. Sometimes, I just randomize and play around with features until I make something I like. I do have a base sim in my tray that I often start from when I make sims. I made the base sim for convenience because I like to start with a completely blank canvas: no clothes and accessories in any outfits, no skin details, no make up, no hair.

Most of the time nowadays, I use story progression in my save so sims are just made for me.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Everyone looks more or less the same except most have polished nails now.

Prefer heavy rotational gameplay w/ townie makeovers instead of CAS/BB creation

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    me, reading the thread title: uhhh in CAS

me, reading the actual post: oh...XD

I have pretty much two ways of creating sims. One way I randomize like three times then completely alter whatever it is I've been given, and in one way I take two sims I've previously made/saved from the gallery, randomize their child, and then alter it completely.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I make my sims from scratch. There will be a random sim generated by game and I change every single thing in them. Usually I use pic of real life people as I like my sims looking more realistic than premades who are mostly very cartoonish. At first I tried to make them all super good looking which made them look like Disney characters, but now I give most of them acne, crooked teeth and I use heavily the editing of the face and they look much more like real people.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Both! But I always create my own! 😁
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Mostly I randomize a few times then edit the Sim.
    I wonder I can call it "from scratch" even though Sims I edited are completely different from its original one.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Quite often I will create a sim more-or-less from scratch, and then import an additional sim (or sims) from my library and "Play with Genetics" until I end up with something I like.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I like the process of creating a sim including their backstory
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    skovileskovile Posts: 18 Member
    I randomise a few times until i get an interesting base - and then usually pick one feature at random to make prominent (eyes, nose, cheekbones, etc) then just play around with the rest! I love choosing clothes and hairs but get a bit lazy when actually making the sims, haha.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Either/or, it depends.

I've made some nice Sims from scratch, and occasionally I'll reuse them with edits for a new save.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Typically from scratch! Randomize until I get a model I like.
    I tend to base my sims off of real people or characters, so if I've already made a sim with similar features, I'll just use that sim and tweak it.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm not much of a Sim creator, so I don't have a lot of creativity when making Sims, but I've found the randomize from gallery option to be quite useful! Many fellow Simmers are great at creating Sims! I often randomize until I get a decent looking Sim... and then I make some alterations to their facial features, bodies, etc, to how I want.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I randomize a Sim until I get a suitable base and then I change them the way I want them to look. Sometimes I end up changing them completely and sometimes less.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2021
    All 150 of my sims are actual copies of my main character/simself.
    I just changed key features, and behold they are an entirely a new sim.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif