Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange - CLOSED

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    ATTENTION @Simming_Spoonie !!!

Hiiiiiiii !!!! 👋 I was elated when I drew your name for this gift exchange 😁 Your gift did have me perplexed in the beginning. See… I had TWO floor plans ready to go. UNTIL you had told Addy (to tell me) that you had wanted ONE floor; not multiple. Ok. So… back to the drawing board I had to go. What I eventually found is what became your BIG gift. Which ultimately took a twisted turn. 😉🤨

Your gift will be uploaded - along with the backstory & images - when I return home either Monday or Tuesday, from my nephew’s wedding.

For now tho… I wanted to let you know WHO had you. 😉😎

I can't wait to see, you really have piqued my interest!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @seaben - such a cool house!!

@leochick - both houses are darling :)

@BreeMiles - such a wonderful Victorian <3

@Clousinators - I love the cafe, the Sims and the home you made!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm not in this exchange, and I'm only lurking, but I thought I'd comment on all of the builds. :)

@leochick123:
    Those two homes are such nice little homes! I was particularly struck with the first one; as soon as I saw it, I felt like it would be such a nice home to live in. All the inside touches just added to that feeling. This is a home I can see some of my Sims using.

The second home starts on the outside with an almost Victorian kind of feel, but once you're inside, you feel, "This is a home." So friendly and comfortable for any Sims!

@simming_spoonie:
    Well, that's an intriguing outside look at that modern home you have!

Love the two Sims. Their faces and outfits show definite personalities! I'll be looking for them in the gallery next time I log in to Sims 4. (That may be a while though. Lately I've been back on Sims 3, and until I start running into performance issues with it, I'll probably stay with it for a while. :) )

@BreeMiles:
    Your builds are always lovely; I remember that from Sims 3. I'm going to want to see this new one when I get into game again. :) I haven't gone to your Sims 4 studio yet, but I need to follow you and start putting your builds in my game. :)

Oh, TWO builds! We're doubly lucky! Another nice homey kind of house that makes you want to just move in and live there. :)

@seaben:
    What a wonderful home! Loved the slide show; the yard is beautiful as well!

It's too bad that you haven't been able to connect to the gallery lately. Does that mean you also can't download? What a bummer! :( Part of the joy of Sims 4 is the ease at which you can find a home and pop it into your world when you need it. (I always favorite anything that I download; that only seems fair to the creator.)

@Clousinators:
    I'm not familiar with your builds, but I see that I need to be! That cafe is a great replacement for the one that comes with Brindleton Bay. Love how you gave it that light house look, which fits in wonderfully with the theme of that world.

Your two Sims made me smile. I can't imagine any more opposite Sims as they are! They look like they would be fun and interesting to play, or would make great townies to add to a game.

Your "last minute" home is amazing. Again, it fits perfectly with Brindleton Bay! The soft blues, neutrals, and creams are very relaxing.

@MsPrissy88:
    Your builds are always wonderful, so I look forward to seeing this one. :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hiiiiiiiii @Simming_Spoonie !! I am home now. Exhausted as all get out. While I did get your gifts uploaded, I have been FALLING ASLEEP at my desk, trying to do the write-up. I am going to sleep the rest of the day, and WORK on everything tomorrow.

I can’t wait for you to see what I came up for you.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @ADWilson @illusie @Simming_Spoonie thanks for the compliments :blush:

@MiaSkywalker thanks to you as well, hopefully you are able to join the next giveaway!

@BreeMiles I actually had no idea you liked lighthouses, I just had an urge to use it, so I'm glad I did lol

Everyone did such an awesome job, I'm really glad I joined...
    also my back is already feeling slightly better (its just a good excuse to stay in bed and play sims all day :smile: )
    @Clousinators:
    It's not so much that I couldn't join (I've joined the Sims 3 gift exchange that Addy is also running), it's that I don't build in Sims 4 all that often. Generally I do rags-to-riches, starting them off with nothing, and I build as I go. Or, if my Sims have become too wealthy for a current lot, I download a build from the gallery, plop it down on a larger spot, and move my Sims into it directly.

If I need a community lot, it's easy to find many lovely builds on the gallery that will suit what I want exactly. There are so many builders who are much better than I am, that I never got into building, which means I just don't have the experience. I don't mind; I prefer making mods and CC. :)

So I really enjoy seeing nice builds like these, because I've been too lazy to get good at building in Sims 4. ;)
    edited November 2021
    Online web-based gallery is stoooooopid right now. CAN'T get to my ANY of my recent uploads/downloads to get the link.

SORRY @Simming_Spoonie
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Online web-based gallery is stoooooopid right now. CAN'T get to my ANY of my recent uploads/downloads to get the link.

SORRY @Simming_Spoonie

Saw your pm and answered. The links gathered on your behalf should hopefully work {fingers crossed} but please check them before adding to your gift message, thanks!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @ADWilson @illusie @Simming_Spoonie thanks for the compliments :blush:

@MiaSkywalker thanks to you as well, hopefully you are able to join the next giveaway!

@BreeMiles I actually had no idea you liked lighthouses, I just had an urge to use it, so I'm glad I did lol

Everyone did such an awesome job, I'm really glad I joined...
    also my back is already feeling slightly better (its just a good excuse to stay in bed and play sims all day :smile: )

Will be taking these in game today and playing with them! Thank you again so much for the lovely gifts
    edited November 2021
    My dear @Simming_Spoonie

Be-cauuuuuuuuse the web version of the gallery is being a ROYAL PAIN... for, trust me - i tried ALL day yesterday, *last night*, and this morning (after i got up at 4am to try again)... Ms Addy suggested I let you know that it would be better - for you and everyone else - if you went in game to the gallery there ((using my origin i d - MsPrissySim)), and downloaded your gifts. ((i will still provide the links so you can READ the descriptions; there's just NO gallery pics. especially, "outside pics" of your smaller gifts.))

So. In the meantime, let's get started with MY presentation of your MAIN gift...

Everything started out soooooo nice. I "reworked" what I had found to fit what you eventually settled on. My thinking was this... why don't I put together several "containers" to make one, BIG one? This was the house/floor plan I finally found...
    80913-b600.jpg
    80913-1l.gif

I pushed, pulled and tweaked everything when I was building it. I know I could have tweaked it a bit more. (but then, it would have taken me FOR-EVER to get it done :D ) This was your base and the OUTSIDE...
    09-30-21-11-59-09-AM.png
    10-02-21-5-05-28-PM.png
    09-30-21-11-58-42-AM.png

"The Tragic Container" (the final name it became) has three bedrooms, two adjoining bathrooms, and one bathroom that can be used FOR the 3rd bedroom and also for any "guest".

After the ORIGINAL owners died in a plane crash (their pets as well), another family had bought it & moved in. But, THEY TOO, met a tragic ending. They were victims of a head on car crash. Since those times, the house had become so run down and infested. NO Realty would go *near* the place. Some even said that the place was "HAUNTED"!!! (shocked look) Is there ANY sim willing to give this place a chance?

But! B E W A R E... Your whole gift took a horrendous turn. I mean, LOOK...
    10-25-21-1-53-57-PM.png

I tried EVERY THING to "clean it up". Nothing worked. ((cries))
    10-25-21-1-36-13-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-37-28-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-36-46-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-40-06-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-41-12-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-43-04-PM.png

What was worse... even more tragic... was... ((it's so bad, i can't even say it))

What happened to these people?!??
    10-25-21-1-34-39-PM.png

(the image above ^^ is the first of the 3 families I created for you))

"Henson Family"

Gerald & Kendall Henson fell in love with the house they bought thru #ConcreteSimRealty. They raised 3 adorable kids - their oldest, a teen, and twin toddlers - a boy & girl. They also adopted 2 pets. Things were fine until... the plane they were ALL on (coming back from a holiday vacation), crashed. Killing everyone on board. Their house remained vacant for years.

Time passed very slowly. It almost seemed that the neighborhood around the house was developing faster. ((but, i mean... can you really blame anyone for not wanting to buy this property? That was the case... until :o

The Swenson Family came along!

Philip & Celia Swenson were having one *heck* of a scream fest, one day. After picking up their son - Stewart - (who the couple had adopted a few years earlier) - from his middle school, Philip - not paying attention to the road - drove head on into another car; killing himself and everyone involved. ((they were heading BACK to the same house *they* bought from #ConcreteSimRealty. "The Tragic Container"))

10-25-21-1-35-23-PM.png

Your last, and final gift were tragic victims of Philip's inattentiveness.

Manning & Byrd

((**they are part of the same image above))

These 2 kids were hanging out with each other & having fun. Doing their typical "bar-hopping", the night was going fabulous, until... Although Vivienne swerved to *avoid* the on-coming car - and the crash was NOT her fault - the other vehicle (carrying the Swenson family) PLOWED right into Viv & Adam; instantly killing them.

And there you have it. What started out soooo sweet & innocent, took such DARK, twisted turns.

Hope you enjoy them!!! ;):DB)

(( I did snap loads more pics. Trying to set up a slideshow has been a pain, tho. ))
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Gracious @MsPrissy88 :o

Is the house cursed? The people? The realty company?
    This really is a tragic background ... the story is perfect for telling while sitting around a campfire, lol and looks like you had fun pulling everything together even with the various bumps in the road to delivery.
    edited November 2021
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Gracious @MsPrissy88 :o

Is the house cursed? The people? The realty company?
    This really is a tragic background ... the story is perfect for telling while sitting around a campfire, lol and looks like you had fun pulling everything together even with the various bumps in the road to delivery.

LOL !! Thanks. I told you everything took a tragic twist. :D;)

But, seriously. When I reread the gifting time, it ALL fell into place. (literally) :p
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    My dear @Simming_Spoonie

Be-cauuuuuuuuse the web version of the gallery is being a ROYAL PAIN... for, trust me - i tried ALL day yesterday, *last night*, and this morning (after i got up at 4am to try again)... Ms Addy suggested I let you know that it would be better - for you and everyone else - if you went in game to the gallery there ((using my origin i d - MsPrissySim)), and downloaded your gifts. ((i will still provide the links so you can READ the descriptions; there's just NO gallery pics. especially, "outside pics" of your smaller gifts.))

So. In the meantime, let's get started with MY presentation of your MAIN gift...

Everything started out soooooo nice. I "reworked" what I had found to fit what you eventually settled on. My thinking was this... why don't I put together several "containers" to make one, BIG one? This was the house/floor plan I finally found...
    80913-b600.jpg
    80913-1l.gif

I pushed, pulled and tweaked everything when I was building it. I know I could have tweaked it a bit more. (but then, it would have taken me FOR-EVER to get it done :D ) This was your base and the OUTSIDE...
    09-30-21-11-59-09-AM.png
    10-02-21-5-05-28-PM.png
    09-30-21-11-58-42-AM.png

"The Tragic Container" (the final name it became) has three bedrooms, two adjoining bathrooms, and one bathroom that can be used FOR the 3rd bedroom and also for any "guest".

After the ORIGINAL owners died in a plane crash (their pets as well), another family had bought it & moved in. But, THEY TOO, met a tragic ending. They were victims of a head on car crash. Since those times, the house had become so run down and infested. NO Realty would go *near* the place. Some even said that the place was "HAUNTED"!!! (shocked look) Is there ANY sim willing to give this place a chance?

10-25-21-1-53-57-PM.png

10-25-21-1-36-13-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-37-28-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-36-46-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-40-06-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-41-12-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-43-04-PM.png

What was worse... even more tragic... was... ((it's so bad, i can't even say it))

10-25-21-1-34-39-PM.png

"Henson Family"

Gerald & Kendall Henson fell in love with the house they bought thru #ConcreteSimRealty. They raised 3 adorable kids - their oldest, a teen, and twin toddlers - a boy & girl. They also adopted 2 pets. Things were fine until... the plane they were ALL on (coming back from a holiday vacation), crashed. Killing everyone on board. Their house remained vacant for years.

Time passed very slowly. It almost seemed that the neighborhood around the house was developing faster. ((but, i mean... can you really blame anyone for not wanting to buy this property? That was the case... until :o

Philip & Celia Swenson were having one *heck* of a scream fest, one day. After picking up their son - Stewart - (who the couple had adopted a few years earlier) - from his middle school, Philip - not paying attention to the road - drove head on into another car; killing himself and everyone involved. ((they were heading BACK to the same house *they* bought from #ConcreteSimRealty. "The Tragic Container"))

10-25-21-1-35-23-PM.png

Manning & Byrd

These 2 kids were hanging out with each other & having fun. Doing their typical "bar-hopping", the night was going fabulous, until... Although Vivienne swerved to *avoid* the on-coming car - and the crash was NOT her fault - the other vehicle (carrying the Swenson family) PLOWED right into Viv & Adam; instantly killing them.

And there you have it. What started out soooo sweet & innocent, took such DARK, twisted turns.

(( I did snap loads more pics. Trying to set up a slideshow has been a pain, tho. ))

OMGoodness @MsPrissy88 - such a huge amount of effort went into this place. The poor folks who lived there!! Thank you so much for this amazing gift!
    You are sooooo welcome, @Simming_Spoonie B) I really did have fun. I am so happy you like it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88:
    What a wonderful house! I saw the outside and thought, "How pretty!" Then I saw the inside and your comments and I had to laugh. That is so awesome! I love how the house is "cursed" by all those tragic deaths!

It's really cool that you have the families available for download. Are they ghosts, or the original - living - families? (I can't check right now because my internet is being wonky, and won't let me log on with Origin. And when I click the link, all the images are empty for me, because my internet is so bad atm. It's my computer, I think, not Origin.)

What's also cool is that the spiderwebs in the game don't have collision, so Sims will go right through them as if they aren't there, making the house completely livable with that decor. :)

This is soooo imaginative! What a great spooktacular gift!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    My dear @Simming_Spoonie

80913-b600.jpg
    80913-1l.gif

09-30-21-11-59-09-AM.png
    10-02-21-5-05-28-PM.png
    09-30-21-11-58-42-AM.png

10-25-21-1-53-57-PM.png

10-25-21-1-36-13-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-37-28-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-36-46-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-40-06-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-41-12-PM.png
    10-25-21-1-43-04-PM.png

10-25-21-1-34-39-PM.png

"Henson Family"

10-25-21-1-35-23-PM.png

Manning & Byrd

Talk about Spooktacular, you have outdone yourself Prissy!
    @MsPrissy88:
    What a wonderful house! I saw the outside and thought, "How pretty!" Then I saw the inside and your comments and I had to laugh. That is so awesome! I love how the house is "cursed" by all those tragic deaths!

It's really cool that you have the families available for download. Are they ghosts, or the original - living - families? (I can't check right now because my internet is being wonky, and won't let me log on with Origin. And when I click the link, all the images are empty for me, because my internet is so bad atm. It's my computer, I think, not Origin.)

What's also cool is that the spiderwebs in the game don't have collision, so Sims will go right through them as if they aren't there, making the house completely livable with that decor. :)

This is soooo imaginative! What a great spooktacular gift!

On the gallery - the families are the "original", beings. When I was "testing" the house, that's when I was killing off every one. But! Be-cause the kids (the toddlers and child) can't be on a lot by themselves, they kept getting whisked away before I could figure out HOW to kill them. #gaaaaaaah #grrrr And, that's why I had made the comments - on EACH of their descriptions - that SOME of their names are on the tombstones. ((and yes. BECAUSE the web version of the gallery is stoooooopid, NO images will be seen. and was why i explained to Spoonie - and the rest of y'all - to just grab everything THRU the actual gallery when you're in game))

I wasn't even thinking about whether or not sims *could* go in or out, through the webs. :D:D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    snipped

THANK YOU, Bree!!!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    snipped

THANK YOU, Bree!!!

i agree with the others you did amazing. today was my only adulting day so i lurked but i did see them. but between adulting day and mod issues i wasn't around much til now.

**snipped**

i agree with the others you did amazing. today was my only adulting day so i lurked but i did see them. but between adulting day and mod issues i wasn't around much til now.

Thanks Ali !!!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    **snipped**

Thanks Ali !!!

your welcome prissy. just realized i don't know your real name. lol
    **snipped**

Thanks Ali !!!

FF,

Some people might not want their real name known in an online area like this one. As you know, Addy is a nickname some Simmers gave me years ago because of the AD in my user-name ... I think I use Addy more than my real name, lol
    ADWilson wrote: »
    **snipped**

Thanks Ali !!!

FF,

Some people might not want their real name known in an online area like this one. As you know, Addy is a nickname some Simmers gave me years ago because of the AD in my user-name ... I think I use Addy more than my real name, lol

oh i know . i didn't expect a answer . :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    edited November 2021
    @MsPrissy88 if the web gallery is a pain try changing the language of the site. That often works.
    Awesome gifts. Such a tragic background story. Very creative :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top