Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange - CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    It's now Gifting Time!!
  • Options
    leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Eeeeeee okay. I'm super excited and still a bit nervous xD But here goes.

@MsPrissy88 Hello there, I was your buddy this whole time! And for your gift, I have not one, but TWO houses that I think would be perfect for mid-way homes in a rags to riches challenge, or any other challenge your heart may desire! (Also, ngl, I was so glad to see you didn't want a Sim or Sims, because let me tell you, I am INEPT at CAS xD)

Here are your two lovely homes! First we have a 2 bed/2 bath two-story home.
    TFWFMe4.png

I will say, both of these homes were built with the intention of being mid-tier homes in like a Rags to Riches challenge. Nothing for JUST starting out, but a nice first or second location on the way to the BIG fancy! I followed a floor plan for the base, and then made some adjustments to get a second bedroom in here :) Ngl, I also got really worried about how much brown wood accents I had used and that's why I had to have @ADWilson ask about wooden accents xD
    Here are some more images of that particular build if you're wanting to check it out here first: And HERE is the gallery link! (Also, this is totally the one that I had to fully re-furnish due to "the accident".)
    eJ0iYkQ.png
    Kjn1QFC.png
    fknOVQ5.png
    Lmmx6e7.png
    vFFfUP1.png
    pBO4rMF.png
    038KjKn.png
    Tt4eQmp.png
    gtwZTL0.png
    ZhB8Yex.png
    jFk2MS1.png
    X9wbfdP.png

And moving on, we have the second home. This is a 2 bed/1 bath single level home that I designed to be a more spacious option, but with less overall decor and clutter, since you said you really like to decorate with CC. I figure this way, you have a good base, still totally livable, but you can throw in tons of CC, and whatever skill items you may need too! This one was also built with a floorplan, and yet again also had to be tweaked, but this one was for a totally different reason. T'was a floorplan for a single level home, just as I made... But there were stairs in the build... So you have a lovely entryway with a coatrack and shoe rack instead xD
    c4SHk0L.png

And of course, here are some more pics, and HERE is the gallery link!
    JBHGF69.png
    PAE18ah.png
    fsJOJpU.png
    s8jdlHS.png
    5WJiER8.png
    308iiGO.png
    6lUnhK2.png
    5nFzQD5.png
    cKS2Ckn.png
    GwyH3iP.png
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    Love your nervous enthusiasm @leochick123 :D
    It "made" you go first and drop off such cute homes for Prissy (and others!) to enjoy!

Both have interesting interiors that make you want to go inside and take a good look around. Great color palette and furniture/decor choices - both seem like great places for relaxing after a long day at work or out collecting, lol ... spacious kitchens where more than 1 Sim can be doing something which makes these good for a growing family and/or entertaining. Another plus is them not being overly cluttered, allowing the Sims living there to be able to add their own personality by displaying collections and whatnot.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Dear @Clousinators, I was so pleased to have you as my Spooktakular buddy, your letter really spoke to me. You said that you like modern builds, but don't feel that you are great at building them, so I built one for you. You said you like the colour blue, so I called it modern blue and it is decorated in muted blue tones throughout. I really hope that you like it. There is a small backstory to go with this build, told by the Sims I have created for you in addition to your home.

Here is the link to the home I built.

yzcVpV2.png.

You can find more pictures of Modern Blue here

Here are the two Sims I created for you, Jerrica Riley and Jacoby Finn.

ct6wS0u.png

JhqLxsB.png

You can download them as a household here

I really hope I have created something that you will use and enjoy for this Spooktacular Gift Exchange. Happy Spooky Day!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Great presentation like always @Simming_Spoonie :)

Even those who aren't into modern builds must admit this one is marvelous! It will surely stand out in the neighborhood (in a good way!), encouraging friends and neighbors to drop by in the hopes of getting a peek inside. Your use of blue and windows make this a calm oasis for Sims to come home to. Jerrica and Jacoby look like a pair who know how to have fun together! Whether they stay best of friends or become something more is yet to be determined, but either way ... I foresee countless hours of enjoyment is ahead.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yay, it's gifting day and time to reveal who our buddy is!! you are my buddy and really enjoyed making this gift for you! I wanted it to be something you wanted yet something different from what we see most of on when it comes to Victorian homes! I really hope you like it and your family has a many of a fun years living in it!

Mornington Lane
    30x20
    Base Game ONLY
    Price $206,601.00
    DOWNLOAD
    ML_1.jpg

P.S. I didn't take pictures of the inside, I wanted you to enjoy exploring it yourself!

Post edited by BreeMiles on
  • Options
    Beautiful build @BreeMiles :)

The charming exterior is elegant and really makes one want to see what's inside! Tsk tsk for not providing any sneaky peeks :D
    This is definitely a home that will be much loved (and lived in!) for generations to come!
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited October 2021
    it's gifting time and time to revel my buddy, my buddy was @leochick123 my buddy i don't know that much about you yet but i'm hoping to get know you more :) i really hope you like your gift i'm going to be real honest my game has not been able to connect for the past 2 weeks now, so i have to upload the tray files but without further or do i present Victorian goth v0cGpBb.png slide show https://imgur.com/a/PdOvsQS download here https://simfileshare.net/filedetails/2796562/ now if you've never installed a lot this way i will explain extract the files from the zip with 7 zip or win rar then move the files to your documents/ea games/sims 4/tray folder
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    also happy Halloween @everyone so far the gifts have been wonderful i really love Mornington Lane @BreeMiles going to check it out in game asap :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    This build is perfect for Spooky Day @seaben :)

The backyard is a-maze-ing, lol
    The interior is slightly spooky and makes me think a family of vampires or those who enjoy things that go bump in the night live here! Am sure Vladislaus Straud will feel right at home whenever he stops by (which seems to be rather often!)
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I almost didn't make it today, I threw my back out.... BUT I am here and I am excited to share my gifts with my buddy and look at everyone else's gifts!

The buddy I got was @BreeMiles :smile:
    She wanted a commercial/retail lot, any colors, any style.

Gift 1:Gallery Link for Lighthouse Cafe
    Gift 2:Gallery Link for the sims
    Gift 3:Gallery Link for the Wharf House

For the first (and main) gift I decided to build a café. (I don't have GTW so retail wasn't an option for me) I have been playing a lot in Brindleton Bay and decided to pick the Whiskerman's Wharf area for all of the gifts. I used the Salty Paws Saloon lot. Since the café will be located in the middle of the docks I wanted to give it a nautical theme but bright to offset all the dark woods and shipyard nearby. HERE is a slideshow of the new "Lighthouse Café" When I first started building, I was under the impression sims could own cafes ..... I have since learned they cannot lol so... you can keep this as a cafe for your sims to visit, or for an extra challenge you can make the lot a restuarant (Places as both, host stand is in storage in the office).
    HEo8HgZ.png

The second gift is a couple of sims. Helen Woods wants to be Fabulously Wealthy. She is ambitious, outgoing and a foodie. Her new roommate is Dan Watt. He has the nerd brain aspiration, and is good, self assured, and also a foodie. I didn't give them any skills so that you can build them up as you play along and see where their relationship and careers lead to.
    iFwAkAi.jpgrWNeAXO.jpg

I had some extra time after finishing those two gifts and decided to make a third. This one is a house for Helen and Dan to live in. I built it on the Catscratch Cottage lot, so that it would be close to work and for the views out on the water. The exterior of the home is similar to the restaurant with a nautical blue theme. The inside uses a similar style but not quite as obnoxious as the Café. I left the bedrooms and some of the secondary rooms a little more bare when it comes to decorations that way you can fill the rooms as your sims and their hobbies grow. A slideshow of the home can be found HERE
    R6k83H0.png
    ERcSwzG.png

I hope you like it!!!!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @leochick123 😲😲😲!!!!!!!! I absolutely lovvvvvvve my houses!! You used *just* the right amount of brown wood tones in each one. THANK YOUUUU 😁 I can’t wait til I am back home and can REALLY look at each one, up close & personal. (still at the wedding) You captured each floor plan very well. My sims will love to own either one (whenever I can get the chance to play again).
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ATTENTION @Simming_Spoonie !!!

Hiiiiiiii !!!! 👋 I was elated when I drew your name for this gift exchange 😁 Your gift did have me perplexed in the beginning. See… I had TWO floor plans ready to go. UNTIL you had told Addy (to tell me) that you had wanted ONE floor; not multiple. Ok. So… back to the drawing board I had to go. What I eventually found is what became your BIG gift. Which ultimately took a twisted turn. 😉🤨

Your gift will be uploaded - along with the backstory & images - when I return home either Monday or Tuesday, from my nephew’s wedding.

For now tho… I wanted to let you know WHO had you. 😉😎
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @BreeMiles whoa!! That is some intricate Victorian building. And you were able to do fit all that onto a 30 by 20 lot?! 👏 (claps hands) Very nice
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Simming_Spoonie I love my gifts!!! :love: I am so glad you picked a modern build, I was hoping you would. I like how simple the living room/kitchen is and the tones compliment each other well. You've fit soo many activities in the spare room, great use of space. The office will be a nice workspace free of distractions. I usually make really cluttered houses so having this one with so much open space is a really nice change. Love the plants placed throughout the build. The covered back porch is nice for entertaining and getting fresh air in all weather. Love the elation station by the pool :smile: I also like the backstory for the Sims, Jacoby and Jerrica. Its cute, and I can't wait to play as them and hopefully get a little romance bubbling between them. Now if anyone needs me I will be relaxing in one of those loungers by my new pool :relaxed:

@leochick123 I like the cool blues with the wooden accents on the first house! relaxing and inviting.
    @BreeMiles I like the exterior of the home you made, it looks like its full of all kinds of interesting rooms, I'll have to check it out
    @seaben I'm usually not a goth person but I like what you've done with this house, its dark and goth but still fun and inviting, and the backyard looks nice as well.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited November 2021
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    ATTENTION @Simming_Spoonie !!!

Hiiiiiiii !!!! 👋 I was elated when I drew your name for this gift exchange 😁 Your gift did have me perplexed in the beginning. See… I had TWO floor plans ready to go. UNTIL you had told Addy (to tell me) that you had wanted ONE floor; not multiple. Ok. So… back to the drawing board I had to go. What I eventually found is what became your BIG gift. Which ultimately took a twisted turn. 😉🤨

Your gift will be uploaded - along with the backstory & images - when I return home either Monday or Tuesday, from my nephew’s wedding.

For now tho… I wanted to let you know WHO had you. 😉😎

as someone who recieved a gift from prissy in the past i can tell you it will be worth the wait. :)

i worked again today which was slow cause who takes their kids to a
    pizza place on halloween hardly anyone. so now i'm lurking here. eveyone did amazing.
  • Options
    leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    seaben wrote: »
    it's gifting time and time to revel my buddy, my buddy was @leochick123 my buddy i don't know that much about you yet but i'm hoping to get know you more :) i really hope you like your gift i'm going to be real honest my game has not been able to connect for the past 2 weeks now, so i have to upload the tray files but without further or do i present Victorian goth v0cGpBb.png slide show https://imgur.com/a/PdOvsQS download here https://simfileshare.net/filedetails/2796562/ now if you've never installed a lot this way i will explain extract the files from the zip with 7 zip or win rar then move the files to your documents/ea games/sims 4/tray folder

It's stunning! I absolutely love it, and I can't wait to start playing in it! I've already got ideas floating around my head and I'm so excited, it's amazing!! Also thank you for the mini tutorial on tray files as I've not yet had to do that :sweat_smile: And I'm sorry you had some difficulties, but may I just say, this is absolutely stunning!
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    Sorry you threw your back out @Clousinators (as someone who's done this a time or two, *ouch!*)
    Sending healing vibes for healing as quickly and as comfortably as possible.

The Lighthouse Cafe is such a clever idea! It looks amazing and definitely catches one's eye. The location is spot on because I can't imagine it going anywhere but down at the docks of BB. I would definitely go someplace like this if it existed in rl ... our Sims are so lucky!

Easy to imagine Helen and Dan together as a couple, working to make both their dreams come true!

Wharf House is lovely! Great design & use of space! This home could easily suit a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (dual income, no kids couple) or perhaps the couple and 1 child. Plenty of possibilities down the road while playing Helen & Dan as they live here and work/own the Lighthouse Cafe.

Your gift package is well thought out and offers hours of enjoyment for your Buddy (and others!)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Loving everyone's creations super awesomeness o:)
    Thank you @seaben I hope you enjoy it lots and get plenty of use out of it!

@Clousinators You are so spoiling me and I don't mind at all not being able to run it, although I wish we could! How'd you know I loved lighthouses as well? Thank you so much for this lovely gift!
    I think I can make things happen for these two lovely sims, thank you so much for this gift!
    I'm in total love with Wharf House, I'm going to have so much fun playing with these gifts. Thank you again so much! o:)<3

P.S. I hope your back gets to feeling better
  • Options
    @Seaben, I have another gift for you! I hope you enjoy this one I couldn't resist making it for you, I had a lot of fun with it!

Seabens Nook BG
    40x30
    Base Game
    Price $189,939
    DOWNLOAD
    SB_N.jpg
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @leochick123 both houses are lovely.

@Simming_Spoonie, beautiful modern! I love your roommates.

@breemiles, I love the victorian. It's beautiful. The second gift is very lovely too

@seaben, that's a huge house! Very pretty.

@Clousinators, the cafe is amazing. I love that you added a lighthouse to it. Great couple. Your third gift is very pretty.

• Options
    Lovely family home @BreeMiles :)

Wish the Gallery images were better so we'd get a decent sneaky peek of what the inside looks like. Having used homes and business built by you, I know it will be beautifully decorated and has everything Sims need/want.
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Lovely family home @BreeMiles :)

Wish the Gallery images were better so we'd get a decent sneaky peek of what the inside looks like. Having used homes and businesses built by you, I know it will be beautifully decorated and has everything Sims need/want.

It's not working correctly for me either Addy, I've sent out some messages I hope they take a look at it! I think I have two copies of the house now on my gallery!
  • Options
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Simming_Spoonie I love my gifts!!! :love: I am so glad you picked a modern build, I was hoping you would. I like how simple the living room/kitchen is and the tones compliment each other well. You've fit soo many activities in the spare room, great use of space. The office will be a nice workspace free of distractions. I usually make really cluttered houses so having this one with so much open space is a really nice change. Love the plants placed throughout the build. The covered back porch is nice for entertaining and getting fresh air in all weather. Love the elation station by the pool :smile: I also like the backstory for the Sims, Jacoby and Jerrica. Its cute, and I can't wait to play as them and hopefully get a little romance bubbling between them. Now if anyone needs me I will be relaxing in one of those loungers by my new pool :relaxed:

@leochick123 I like the cool blues with the wooden accents on the first house! relaxing and inviting.
    @BreeMiles I like the exterior of the home you made, it looks like its full of all kinds of interesting rooms, I'll have to check it out
    @seaben I'm usually not a goth person but I like what you've done with this house, its dark and goth but still fun and inviting, and the backyard looks nice as well.

So glad you like the gifts I made for you dear @Clousinators! Have fun with Jerrica and Jacoby :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top