Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish "owned" pack filter gallery show only "owned" pack we have

ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
There is already custom one that let you freely choose pack it use. I use "owned" pack bc I don't have many pack. Yes I could see which one I lack from icon but com'on!
Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
Post edited by Ararine on

Comments

• CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Agreed, they have the owned pack deautre to select, but then it just ignores it and shows packs you don't have anyway.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I personally don't encounter problems with this since I don't really download much (and have all the packs, quite frankly), but it is ridiculous if a feature like that doesn't work. Especially with the rise of kits and the fact that the Sims 4 is advertised as a "customizable" game.

We already have three BB kits and three CAS kits with another of each announced and on the way. Even if you can download something without the pack and the missing DLC stuff is just removed, the amount of kits out now means you can come across lots that will be next to nothing if you don't have them.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’m pretty sure this is intentional. If you select the packs only things using everything you picked show up. It’s stupid, but they probably won’t change it.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    It IS stupid. I don't know how many times I've been frustrated about this. How hard would it be to exclude builds that include objects that I don't have?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2021
    This used to bother me, too. But I’ve come across lots I enjoy that I wouldn’t have found if they were filtered out this way. Sometimes there’s a bunch of stuff missing or replaced. Sometimes it’s barely anything, or things I don’t find important. I just place the lot and look for myself. Very occasionally, the build is nearly unrecognizable. When that happens, I am expecting it because it’s clearly using stuff from packs I don’t have.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    This used to bother me, too. But I’ve come across lots I enjoy that I wouldn’t have found if they were filtered out this way. Sometimes there’s a bunch of stuff missing or replaced. Sometimes it’s barely anything, or things I don’t find important. I just place the lot and look for myself. Very occasionally, the build is nearly unrecognizable. When that happens, I am expecting it because it’s clearly using stuff from packs I don’t have.

Same here; I've found quite a few lots I like that used things from packs I didn't own, and some of those have made it to my often-used list after I'd customized them a bit. But I'd still love to have the option to find things that only use the things I do own.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited November 2021

That might be true, but then there is nothing stopping us from doing this by simply NOT clicking the "show owned packs" button. Then we'd have both depending on what we want at that time. Just like the box toggling custom content on and off. Sometimes I click it, sometimes I don't, but it's my choice.

In general, I find that the words "player's choice" should just be the guide that the developers live by. "Can we make it up to the players in an easy way? Good, then we will!"
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    JAL wrote: »

That might be true, but then there is nothing stopping us from doing this by simply NOT clicking the "show owned packs" button. Then we'd have both depending on what we want at that time. Just like the box toggling custom content on and off. Sometimes I click it, sometimes I don't, but it's my choice.

In general, I find that the words "player's choice" should just be the guide that the developers live by. "Can we make it up to the players in an easy way? Good, then we will!"

That’s a good point. More options would definitely be better. Maybe the search results would be quite low, but we could always change the search criteria.

I also wish we could search by # of beds & baths. There’s a place to input them on each lot, so why can’t we use them in a search?
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited November 2021
    I read that this was intentional as a sneaky way to try an entice players to purchase packs they may not own. So, instead of actually showing only downloads from packs you own, clicking on a pack basically is telling the system to makes sure it shows downloads that include the pack as well as any or every other pack.
    Real stupid and irritating, I agree, but it is what it is.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2021
    happyjme wrote: »
    I read that this was intentional as a sneaky way to try an entice players to purchase packs they may not own. So, instead of actually showing only downloads from packs you own, clicking on a pack basically is telling the system to makes sure it shows downloads that include the pack as well as any or every other pack.
    Real stupid and irritating, I agree, but it is what it is.

I was just about to say this and completely agree myself. It's definitely had impact on what EPs, GPs ,and kits I've purchased.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2021
    Couldn't they at least make it easier for player and less marketing. Owned pack filter more like "not" owned pack
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    New to TS4 and I was already wondering why is it not showing only the creations for the packs I have! I'm having only basegame and two kits currently. Coming from TS2 and TS3 I was willing to try TS4! But even some basic functions do not work porperly as they should and this is really frustrating. Why should I buy more packs if even such simple filters don't work properly?
  • flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member

I usually click on the icon of the pack I don't have and it will bring up the pack in a window, then you can click on "Show items used" If it's just little things that don't really matter like deco items, I will download it.