Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 301 - The First Night

qrL8fuH.jpg
    "Dad, it's so cold here. Why did you bring us here in the middle of the night?"
    JOKpMg2.png

"I know, little man, it was a long trip here. You must be starving."
    NUNlyP7.png

"Come on, guys, it's not that bad...we'll make it feel like home in no time."
    jsOhQob.jpg

"Let's get you sleepy kiddos to bed."
    jFSPWI9.jpg

Something's not right here...
    fgebUMJ.png

"Ugh, Zane, this place is so weird. I miss you. I can't wait until we graduate from uni and we can afford our own place..."
    Cem12ri.jpg

"Ew, what is that?!? Well, I guess this place is gonna need a little TLC..."
    whiXgic.jpg

"Emmett, I heard a weird noise outside. Gonna go check it out - I'll be right back."
    ReMZ2LO.jpg

She found herself suddenly overcome with a fit of giggles, a note of hysteria rising in her.
    W0UChY7.jpg

She soon discovered the reason why. "Who are you, little guy? You're not so scary."
    nclyyab.jpg

"I wonder if those cute little spectors are the ones leaving all this slime around the place..."
    SkRn5St.jpg

"This place is seriously so weird. It's giving me the creeps..."
    CdOBTL6.jpg

"Ugh, Robin, why are you screaming?!"
    QKAZSPO.png

"Alright, let's go get Mom. Watch your step!"
    ED9YBmK.png

"UGH I HATE THIS PLACE!"
    JHaMQ6e.png

"What's all the screaming about up here...oh. If these spectors are gonna keep leaving a mess, maybe they aren't so cute after all. Em, can you put the kiddos back to bed while I'll clean this up?"
    Dav80h8.jpg

"You got it, hon."
    kQbZMh2.png

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to them. This place isn't safe..."
    Yy8X5gR.png

Finally, these two were able to drift off to sleep, and they hoped that there would be no more unexpected surprises.
    746iJx8.png

---

So I had a copy of Duplantier Dwelling in Brindleton Bay, so while I was looking at lots to move them into for the month, I thought it might be fun to utilize the Paranormal Pack a bit this month since I haven't done much with it yet. They'll move into a normal house later this month once I have some haunted house fun though :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2021
    November - Day 1: "Meet Our New Family Members"

BlKzMw9.png

Notes

I have been building/renovating literally all day and now have a raging headache! It's not finished yet either, I still need to do the outside. Hopefully it will be finished by tomorrow and I'll be able to start the story part. However, in the meanwhile, I'd like to show you Essa and Josh's new pets! Details about them with close-ups coming up momentarily, I just wanted to at least get the daily post pic posted first. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    tlexB26.png
    Shelby - Mixed Breed Female Adult
    Traits - Territorial, Lazy, Fluffy

Shelby had a sibling named Mocca, both made by @Busufu But for some reason Mocca is glitched. When I tried to put her in the game, she was all black except her eyes. I tried downloading her again, but had the same problem. I love Shelby, but I REALLY wanted Mocca too. Oh well...

5MNfcZz.png
    Ollie - Ragdoll Male Adult
    Traits - Affectionate, Playful, Fluffy

I created Ollie in CAP. He's loosely based from the cat statue Essa has had for years.

rBsFZN7.png
    Buster - Parson Russell Terrier Male Adult
    Traits - Hunter, Smart, Friendly

I created Buster in CAP. Buster will be mostly Josh's dog. He's supposed to be similar to a dog Josh had as a child.

Oh boy, they're going to have their hands full! Well, I'M going to have my hands full this month. But oh well, it'll be a true challenge and I'm looking forward to it! If I get the renovation done tomorrow, I'll show a few pics of the finished build, and also show Essa, Josh and, as I'm sure you've already guessed, Samara will also be living them. Sooo, I'm going from a household of two to six! o.O *gulp*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    edited November 2021
    @permanentrose , looks like I do not have to do a thing to Jules :)

Commenting properly tomorrow.

Melody Connors

September, day 7 part 2.

ZzCwUAo.png
    The one with the not so good date..

WzzoUMC.png
    Melody still boringly reading that book.. that cat also seems to follow her :)
    byHjl14.png
    Jon called Melody and asked her to a date! This is what they did!
    Vg9p4U2.png
    Then this..

BUT..
    2fpJMhw.jpg
    Sorry Jon, looks like Melody really prefers blond dudes... :(

ZzCwUAo.png
    Ah well, this happened anyway.. 8 to go :D

INq0n0X.png
    Melody: "Why so sad?"
    Jon: "My brothers lied to me! They told that first kiss is the one when I see unicorns and rainbows! "
    Melody: "Yeah, sorry, they lied."

oPypSLM.png
    Oh! Hey Jules!

i5ZRb3r.png
    Okay , Jon looks happier now...

but then the camera zoomed!
    GpfbnNC.png
    TSxpFdJ.png
    z3ymK3c.png
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GAME??? Where is all the fun stuff?? Not even eyeball ring!!

Ah well, I sent her home right away too, like I did with Josh.

Okay back to Melody and Jon..
    hib0M71.png
    First jump!
    xQeJb01.png
    WOOWEEE!!! That was close!
    qnoGdgK.png
    Second jump!
    579nsbe.png
    When out of the sledge, Jon had to admit that Melody was.. too ... too much not for him! Better just be friends.
    onsUYVu.png
    Melody, to herself: "I thought so."

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited November 2021
    *Updated my November 1st post above! Comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. I can't concentrate with this headache. Hopefully it goes away soon so I can get some rest. Bye for now! <3
    Update 302 - Afternoon Seance

TWZNmZk.jpg
    "Dill, I think some of your friends are here to visit..." (I forgot I made this a cat hang out lot haha)
    vtmShV2.png

"They are NOT my friends."
    VwGsQqe.png

"Please leave."
    oFbMBtu.png

"Oh my goodness! SO MANY CATS! Who wants to play first?"
    QdZbAfg.png

"Me! Only me. All these other imposters can get the fudge out..."
    e9wNOZX.jpg

"This is MY fuzzy! No one take my fuzzy."
    PuCVlrJ.png

Emmett was trying to find some answers about this strange house, using his medium skills, when Rose suddenly arrived.
    k3ktyCm.png

Rose and Jules offered their support.
    uPXFoeo.jpg
    hT4Wwee.jpg

Oh dear, that wasn't quite what we were going for...
    33E1Mf1.jpg

Jules' lack of corporeal feet won't stop her from doing her favorite hobby :D
    5yfLnLK.jpg

"What IS that?"
    xCJ8oNR.jpg
    C7wmm5r.png
    NHR1llP.png

Pickle isn't sure he can last much longer in this house...
    veiE5DV.jpg

So before logging in, I took out my No Random mods because I was worried Guidry wouldn't spawn properly with them, and I guess the nanny request I put in like a month ago finally processed :D
    aqKXQ0o.png

More creepy things had begun to show up on the lot...
    sFDnCPr.png

Jules just wanted them gone. This place was starting to really feel unsettling...
    hffWSsq.png
    MyGWxZ6.png
    B7pjHLD.png

Things are slowing down a bit this week so I’ll comment later! Just posting this quickly before I get ready for school :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Sorry to hear about headache, I hope it gets over soon. Too much staring at the screen?
    -- Cute pets , all 3 ook great, Buster is my fav <3
    Oh, I did NOT guessed that Samara will be living with them. Ehh.. I feel sorry for Essa, I know time has passed and she and Josh are soulmates, but still, must be even a bit awkward to live with her husband's fist love and wife :)
    Looking forward to see the finished build :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- oohhh all the slime.. eww.. and anyway , I would not like to live there :D
    -- Haha, put the dog trait too, you will have really house full :D
    Haha yes I am at Parsley's side in there, not so much to call her Dill , still :p
    OH! They turned to ghosts?? JAIKS! But only temporary?
    And of course blue haired male nanny with asian eyes, like always, game!!! :smiley:

edited November 2021
    @Ellupelluellu
    hehe Not surprised Judith admired herself, but still hilarious! :D I think I can guess which vampires are your least favorite. ;) Thanks! I just have the outside, second floor landing/hallway and one empty second floor room now to figure out what to put in there. Maybe it'll be a walk-in closet for all of Essa's extra clothes or something. hehe

Cute cat! Looks like it's up to no good though. hehe Aww, a high five and a sweet hug for Jon. He looks so happy. Oh no! She finds him abhorrently ugly! o.O Well that's a bummer. But I guess easier to break it off that way. I see she still kissed him though. hehe Tsk, Jules' dark mode isn't all that bad either! What's up with that? Dangit! :D I'm so glad Jon and Melody had some fun together, and I figured they'd stay just friends. :) Absolutely LOVE your screenshots in this update, can really tell you've got that Graphics rules file, so beautiful! Especially that last one. <3 Fun update!

Headaches gone now, thank goodness! I'm positive it was from eye strain staring at the computer screen so long while renovating. I love them all, but Buster is pretty dang adorable! I can't wait to actually start playing with them all. :) You didn't guess? I thought everyone would figure it out when Josh told her how they both wanted to help her, have her live with them as long as she needed, etc. Yes, I'm sure it will be a bit awkward at first. But like you said, Josh is completely in love with Essa, they just got married, she's the only one for him now. Samara will hopefully understand that and they'll all end up good friends. We'll just have to see what happens... ;) Thanks, I can't wait until it's finished! A lot of work, but I hope worth it in the end. :)

@permanentrose
    I've always loved that Paranormal house, it's so well built and beautifully decorated. I forget who made it, but they did a phenomenal job! Poor Pickle and Dill, they don't know what to think about the strange things happening there. The green ghosties are so cute! Hope they don't get any red ones that breath fire! o.O Aww, poor Robin with the nightmare. So cute how it looks like Dill is protecting Robin. Love, love, LOVE that ending screenshot! So sweet!

hehe Oh boy, look at all the cats! And thanks for the reminder, I meant to give Essa and Josh's new home that trait as well. Easier to make friends with 12 pets that way. o.O Dill looks so annoyed! Aww love the pics of Jules playing with Dill and then seeing her walk away with the fuzzy. So, so cute! Oh man, opps! Séance backfired or something, they're all ghosts now! I'm sure it's temporary. Aww, poor Pickle, such a sweetheart. Looks like he's asking Jules if they can just leave now, he's done! Blue-haired Nanny and creepy hands, yep, things are just starting to get creepy Jules, just wait, it gets worse! :D
    *Notice - I've marked all challenge Sims to denote if they are Active or Inactive and have also removed Gallery Links for all Inactive Sims. Thanks! :)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Hi @Karababy52
    Thank you for tagging me (even though I didn't get a notification, but luckily I check the thread regularly. ;) ) Aww I was very happy to see Shelby! I recognized her right away, even though she's in cat heaven since a long time in my game.
    I'm sorry it didn't work out with Mocca. :/ There was a bug that when you downloaded pets from the gallery, they sometimes appear completely black. Here is the bug report.
    According to EA this bug should have been fixed a long time ago:
    We fixed an issue that could cause pets placed from the Gallery to have missing textures once in game.
    This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Continue to have fun with your challenge, guys! I always admire your beautiful photos and Sims. <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    @Busufu You're very welcome! :) Aww, you read our updates? That is so sweet to hear, thank you! <3 I knew it had to be a bug because it also happened with another pet I tried to get from the Gallery. Well, darn. Obviously it isn't completely fixed, or perhaps somehow one of my Mods is conflicting with the textures for some reason. I'll try to get Mocca again in the near future. Hopefully I'll be able to get her at that time. Thanks again for the information and for reading our updates, I really appreciate it! Would you like to be tagged in screenshots where Shelby appears? Or is that not necessary since you read the thread anyway. Let me know! Hope you have a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited November 2021

Melody Connors

September, day 7 part 3.

p5BLBj3.png
    The one with all the crazy stuff.

QqwUBKi.png
    TDvZYad.png
    Their date did not end romantically, but as they are buddies, she asked him, can she drink a little plasma from him. (aspiration)
    Jon agreed happily, that is what friends are for, right?
    qUvDUGJ.png
    Oh.. maybe a bad idea to do in here.. (I forgot to edit her dark form in cold weather outfit.. so pink and even a bow.. ohh..)
    8y08Qnk.png
    d1HAHEy.png
    They ended their date with a hug.

sC3HYXU.png
    She went to the Ward Park. Maybe not the best time to do anything bad??
    XJnIs9s.png
    Later, she saw both, Josh and Jules! How handy (for aspiration)
    b4EbGEH.png
    She went to ask if they would like to have some training.
    Fcma5pm.png
    JD2h8LS.png
    Jules wanted training, and Melody was successful with her training.

And then:
    m5YJsZy.png
    BInl3bh.png
    Cordelia, you should not a) be here . b) wear that outfit!!!

WnRaG83.png
    She was going to ask Josh too, did he want some training, but Josh mentioned that Melody maybe better have a break, as she looked tired after training Jules. (cooldown...DUH)
    ZB5vNur.png
    Melody started to flirt with him!
    MqXKpaR.jpg
    Most of it is Finn, but you get the main point :)
    FTlgtOW.png
    Melody gave him her number.. no harm can be done, so little chances that Josh would ever met the other guy she gave her phone number..
    (Josh: "To my original watcher, it is this easy, I don't know what went wrong in that nightclub, I am sure I was under a spell! ;)" )

owzwiiY.png
    qbnpA8F.png
    Naturally you cannot let the situation to be too romantic...

eNHbwfZ.png
    M3kmX4Y.png
    zi24GKr.png
    ... or can you?

zlkrIEK.png
    umm...
    LtRqcIB.jpg
    Just.. NO!

Z5SYWMT.png
    Finally she managed to train him, one more training to do.

It gets even more silly.. but I have too many screenies, will be continued.

@Karababy52
    Your pets are so cute!! I love them all. So excited to see them in your game! I've found that having pets isn't so hard, I used to think they were more work. I do use some bienchen mods (recommended by ellu), so my pets very rarely have to go to the vet, which I feel like was half the struggle of owning pets. Anyway, super excited to these new additions this month!

@Ellupelluellu
    Can't wait to see what other funny stuff you have to post! Fun seeing Jules be a vampire in your game too! I like the hairstyle you chose for her. Also fun to see Melody doing the serial romantic aspiration haha
    Melody Connors

September, day 7 part 4.

yCAMZZD.png
    The one with more silly stuff

EIoorDq.png
    She went to the gym.. Damon was there. She asked him to spar (aspiration+leveling up)
    r5PIy8J.png
    6lKxToj.png
    Damon is always ready for friendly sparring!
    fpexrHT.png
    HD9b95G.png
    It looks like Melody is going to win..
    q8FRBKa.png
    5h8QZ3R.png
    But it only looked that way..
    t0XBMbr.png
    9KaYyPB.png
    6Bh2i8b.png
    Melody: "I do not get how I won sages in duel..."
    Damon: "What??"
    Melody: "In my dream! if I cannot win you in reality!"

And then...
    N8dmK91.png
    54KB4B7.png
    Melody: "DAMON!!!"
    Damon: "Sorry, could not resist! So, felt anything??"
    Melody: "No!"
    Damon: "Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnn! Girls usually react differently!"
    (Damon's kiss naturally does not count as they kissed already)
    XAeD5tZ.png
    "Yeah , I wonder that too!" She said and after changing her dark for away, went to inside.

09XI9DJ.png
    Inside she met Kat. She asked if she would train her, she needs to level up.
    sKzEctY.png
    DfDPM2O.png
    Ah well...
    eHNb0O8.png
    AND she did it AGAIN...

ohh....
    yi5V7jr.png
    CORDELIA!! You.. should...not...
    1) BE HERE!
    2) WEAR THAT!!!!

e1jEjb6.png
    She went to punchbag .. "Why did I not used this before!`? Feels good!"
    S8XSen7.png
    dCbNaWZ.png
    Dude from next punchbag came over.
    Dude: "Hey there, you look okay, but you are doing it wrong for your muscles. Or do you want to be hurting when waking up in the morning?
    Melody: "No, or I don't know or care."
    Dude: "Let me show you!"
    CjVgJ0w.png
    Dude: "First, and most important, your legs, and how they support your back."
    1NpiInX.png
    Dude: "And then you punch like this!"
    5dl454H.png
    Melody: "How can I remember all that? I am not a boxer!"
    Uhm798S.png
    Dude: "Haha, well first step is to remember your back! other things comes when those come!"
    Melody: "Pffff.. I doubt!"
    U0RHzna.png
    Dude: "Anyway, my name is Joel, I train here daily. Here is my card, text me if need of a good punching :D "
    Melody: "Oh wow, ya know, I maybe will! Thank you."
    Joel: "My pleasure!"

edited November 2021
    November - Day 2: "Renovation Complete...for now!"

SOc6jdV.png

Notes
    G2YxOR2.png
    I'll show most of what I did outside first, then we'll move inside. I ADORE this pergola! Of course I had to do something special for Josh and Essa's hot tub, it's their thing. ;) I used T.O.O.L. to make a custom size for those curtains and I think it turned out gorgeous!

CjyT3EW.png
    Seating area pool side

jgvUgls.png
    BBQ Area

NB3gPV5.png
    And of course Essa has to have a picnic table outside of every home. Plus, you've already seen the dog training course Josh will use with Buster.

BzY8EGT.png
    Fixed up the chimney. It has new stone siding, new chimney top and the gazebo has a finial now. I also added trim and roof pieces around the house that were missing. Also changed the siding color in a few spots. All of the dirt areas around the house are flower/plant beds. I figured since it's almost Winter, realistically they'd wait until Spring to plant anything. Plus...I just want to play! Already took way too long on this renovation as it is. :)

UPs52tD.png
    Lastly for the outside, I put their rocking chair, cross stitch box, a table and knitting decoration on the 2nd floor balcony along with Essa's easel and supplies.

xvTKyYy.png
    Ground floor I didn't do much other than take out the laundry from this room. Now I don't know what to do with those counters. In the Family room, I swapped out objects for their own, swapped the aquarium and also swapped out appliances in the kitchen.

rlNYf5L.png
    On the Second floor I renovated the childrens' room to make a bedroom for Samara.

rblZVFa.png
    Essa made sure to put a photo of she and Josh on Samara's desk. ;)

5vQd1Cg.png
    She also has her own en suite bathroom through that door.

kyie34C.png
    And here it is...

KgA2j2M.png
    I made the extra empty room that was the nursery and I couldn't figure out what to do with into a walk-in closet for Essa.

tDqUozM.png

djGQC8v.png
    Where the small garden area used to be is now Essa's office.

3ZJ1f87.png
    I updated the computer area in their room for Josh's office.

VWbr5G2.png
    I have no idea what to put in the second floor landing, so for now it's just a photo/painting gallery.

3VRUOcL.png
    SE8pdnv.png

BVdS8Ab.png
    Third floor I put in their own upgraded DJ booth and added photos of Eight is Enough.

aEvp4RO.png
    The garden will stay inside where the other planter boxes were located. Added a bunch of their mementos collected over the months of the challenge.

aDly1nd.png
    Mostly just changed some colors here and added more stuff.

zdeKguF.png

UscVtlX.png
    Ground Floor

ONb2mfd.png
    Second Floor

KgsI7Km.png
    Third Floor

tlpUD2i.png
    Pool Area

And that's it for this update. Obviously I didn't have time to give them makeovers or start the story part. That will come with tomorrow's update. I'll get started on comments next. Hope y'all had fantastic day/night! <3
    edited November 2021
    Opps! Just realized I never showed the Veterinarian room. Oh well, it's just all the vet equipment and a few posters on the wall. Nothing special. :D You can see it, kinda, in the 2nd floor overhead view. Off to get some Zzzzs now. I'm sorry, but comments will have to wait, I didn't realize how late it is and I can feel another headache trying to come on. Hope y'all understand. See ya! :)
    Update 303 - Training

N7Fo0bk.png
    Haunted Houses aren't much fun in the day time, so Jules decided to focus on training Pickle during the daylight hours. I intentionally didn't do anything with training until now since I wanted to fully explore this feature during this month.

They started out with the obstacle course and poor Pickle was petrified during most of it.
    muAGY7x.jpg
    AwGcsp8.jpg
    xAws33X.png

We did have some success though :)
    YpCuEGo.png

Oof, poor Pickle :D
    14LxZvo.jpg

"You were such a good sport! Maybe we should start with something easier though..."
    iZkeYRs.png

So Pickle learned how to sit :)
    gS717Vd.png
    ltljfqU.jpg

Jules got her pet training skill up high enough that she was able to tell Pickle to explore dirt piles for her.
    bcIwPLi.png

That night, I decided to make things a little more interesting for them :)
    tGHPDy3.png

(Guidry still isn't showing up though, not sure what's up with that...)

"Hello sad friend..."
    WZtpXg7.png

Not sure what happened, but suddenly Jules had the option of collecting a spirit fragment.
    Tfqlvj5.png
    bm7SUu0.jpg

Let's offer our soul to this spector because WHY NOT? :D
    fXzgO9M.jpg

Oh yes, let's drink this...
    3VM9OnZ.jpg
    9Ya0vU8.png

Ending here for now, but I'm definitely enjoying exploring this pack. My plan is to spend a few more nights exploring this pack and then it will be time to age up all my children since it's way past time for that haha, and then I'll move them all into a normal house and fully explore this world :)
    @Karababy52
    Your house is so lovely! It has a great New England vibe that really fits in with this world. I like how you used the terrain tool to make a path for the obstacle course too. I'm jealous that you have the time to edit/build your houses for each month and really make them special and unique for Josh and Essa each month. Are you hiding a litterbox for your kitties somewhere in your house? I didn't notice one and I was curious. I am super excited to see your pets in your gameplay too! They are such fun and goofy additions to a family :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Nice spar with Melody and Damon! You got some cool angle and screenshots. Always fun to see so many familiar sims in your game too. And those outfits :D:D Especially the ones Cordelia is wearing are just too much lol. I love that you include all these silly moments in your updates. And I think I might have mentioned this, but you can totally use any of my sims for your serial romantic aspiration haha
    @Ellupelluellu
    Love the daily pic with the plumbbob fireworks! What were the fireworks for? Aww, so sweet he'd let her drink from him. Jon really is a good guy. Interesting dark mode cold outfit. hehe At least it matches? Guessing they're Snow Bros from the High Fives they've been doing. :) Aww, love the hug they shared, beautiful with the moon and their friendship. :)<3 Josh! Cloudgazing, not surprised. He's always loved to do that. Good the training went well with Jules. Oh boy, Cordelia's situational dark mode is...interesting. hehe At least it somewhat matches?

Gah! I can't get over how cute Josh is as a teen with no facial hair! Whoa! Looks like Melody agrees with me! Glad she finds him very attractive and not ugly like Jon. I was worried! o.O Aww, he's talking to me! It's okay Joshie, you were just having an off day. *Hugs* HAHA Of course he scares her!

*Gasp* Oh Wow, way to go Dude, that's a whopper of a kiss for Melody! And uh, yeah, looks like she thoroughly enjoyed it and wants him now? Sorry dear, as much as I would LOVE these two to get together, you belong to Malcom and Josh, my dear pretty pixels you will belong to Sandra. He wanted to do the mistletoe kiss too? Did you let them? Sheesh Josh, he's just as randy in your game as mine! hehe Glad she was able to finally train him too. What a fun update! Weeee! :D

Damon looks a lot more buff than the last time I saw him in your screenshots, he must be working out a lot, he looks fabulous! Epic spar between these two! He beat her! Wow! He looks a bit sad about it though. Or...uh, maybe he was just thinking about how he was going to kiss her. Damon! What are you doing Dude? I knew he wouldn't let her go that quickly. He's acting just like my Damon with Essa. o.O

Hello Kat! Looking good dear. Oh sure, she'll train her, or try to and then zips away, again. Maybe she was just embarrassed that she failed. And there's Damon working out in the background, I knew it! OMG! Cordelia! That outfit! Gah! My eyes! My eyes! :D Hi Joel! *waves enthusiastically* Sweet of him to try to show her how to box properly. Gawd! He looks fantastic too! "...Here is my card, text me if need of a good punching." HAHA! I get what he means, but it sounds sinister. :D Anyway, groundwork set perhaps for another possible aspiration kiss? Looks like perhaps. I wonder if she'll find him ugly or attractive too. I love this Ellu, seeing so many of my Sims in your challenge just makes me smile so BIG. Thank you! <3

@permanentrose
    Thank you, I love them too! Will finally start some gameplay later today and get to play with them, I'm excited for it! :) I have a mod by Bienchen too, the one so strays aren't sick all the time. I don't think I have any that affect owned pets though. Pets aren't hard to take care of, yes, but I've never had so many, plus three Sims to keep an eye on. So, it will be a challenge. I'm looking forward to it though. :)

Aww, Pickle looks so sad, but sweet. I love this dog so much! <3 He did pretty good with the obstacle course, except that one ring. Ouch! o.O Glad she could teach him to sit though and level up. Good job Jules! On a sidenote, I didn't know those obstacle course pieces light up! Good to know!

Uh oh, Heroic Mode. o.O Get ready for things to really get wild now. Guidry takes his sweet time showing up, sometimes 2-3+ nights before he'll manifest. If she's not on the lot, the timer stops for that, so it could even be longer. Just a couple tips about the objects she finds for paranormal. The soul scraps are good to get back what she's lost by giving her soul to one of the ghosties. Giving your soul to them always works to appease them, however, Sims lose days of their life from doing that. I know it doesn't matter since aging is off for our challenge Sims, but just thought you'd like to know if you try this aspiration in another save. :)

Thanks! The basic bones of the house was here by default, built by the Devs, so I'm sure this style of house is very New England/Coastal inspired. I tried to keep that vibe with my renovation of it and tried to use as much of the objects that came with the Cats & Dogs pack as I could. I love putting all their photos/paintings and collections/mementos they've gathered during the challenge in their home every month. It makes the home more personalized and special, like it truly is theirs and not just a generic house. It helps make it even more immersive when I play and makes me happy. :)

Oh yeah, the litter boxes, they are there. They're located in the ground floor bathroom that I haven't shown.
    gEINgTr.png
    e6Pq0fN.png

I think I might put some in the pet supplies room too, or move these in there maybe. There used to be one on the second floor too, under the staircase. Maybe it would be good to have one on each floor? Something to think about. :)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    the near future. Hopefully I'll be able to get her at that time. Thanks again for the information and for reading our updates, I really appreciate it! Would you like to be tagged in screenshots where Shelby appears? Or is that not necessary since you read the thread anyway. Let me know! Hope you have a wonderful day/night! <3
    Not necessary, as I check the thread regularly. But thanks for the kind offer! :)
    I wish you a wonderful day / night too!

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you for your comments :)
    Cordelia indeed had the most interested outfits by game so far :D
    Yes both, Lydia and Jules will be taking part of Melody's hunt for that aspiration :) She will have so mny pink bard soon that.. oh well.. we will see when sims start to be jealous :D
    --PICKLE!!! <3
    You will be good at that! #TeamPickle!!!!
    Aww, poor face when entering to the tunnel..
    And still cute even after falling from that jump <3
    Oh nice to see stuff from that pack, I have no idea when I will try it :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Thank you for your comments :)
    I have no idea why there was fireworks :) I have never seen those before, and M&M lived long there, so at least in that part where they lived I never saw those :) I have never spent all night at that tiny park, may be special for it's background :)
    Cordelia, eh.. that swimwear was.. well.. horrible :D not liking that situational much either :D
    Yes I did let them to do the mistletoe, it was after that when she had that ring in her thoughts :p
    And yes, Damon and all other teens go to gym on their own ALL THE TIME:
    -- You did awesome job with the house , all those details and personal stuff, I would never have the patience to do that :D

Melody Connors

September, day 8 part 1.

aiVzkVz.png
    The one when something is different

WgB6wYh.png
    After her "busy" night, she went back to BB, as always , it was rainy, and not many sims outside.
    She called again to school that she is not coming.
    Hqf6MIC.png
    "Are you really following me?"
    "Meowwww"

LWP2Jh3.png
    "Im getting paranoid, why I feel I am watched all the time, and not meaning Watcher.. "
    "WATCHER???"

Z13nd2G.png

17QYCJt.png
    She kept fishing at first.
    dux6F8t.png
    But wanted to take a trip with a boat to the lighthouse.
    G6tTfjV.png
    h5xENXF.png
    "Finally a place I know nothing about, cannot compare!"
    ixaeyDu.png
    NR8IuEM.png
    "Now this is beautiful!"
    EWUw4mC.png
    "Oh.. might be dangerous too."

VBOZutz.png
    She went then to Wakaba.. silent there too.
    FNVezde.png
    Continued reading, in the shadow of the small pagoda.
    Sw1RrZV.png
    She read all afternoon, evening and night.. it was going to be morning soon.
    Then she heard it.. so familiar sound of her dream.
    nH3q2D8.png

uvRJ8pN.png
    "That is Brytani Cho, in the ground.. but.. "
    MRDa0Pz.png
    "That is not Nikolas.. "
    WcCPjm7.png
    "DAD??"

O9YFXol.png
    2OkYsHz.png
    " I have to go home."

edited November 2021
    November - Day 3: "Welcome to Brindleton Bay!"

auRwn43.png

Notes
    82YKssv.png
    As luck would have it, Caroline did indeed have a house in mind for Josh and Essa. It was a bit bigger than what they were used to, and very expensive. But, they could afford it. It was located in Brindleton Bay right on the coast. It came with some furnishings, but still needed quite a few things and some renovations for their personal needs. So, while they waited to see if Samara would be allowed to stay with them, they had the house renovated and visited a local animal shelter to see if they could find some pets to live there with them.

Josh fell in love with a little dog that looked a lot like his childhood pet. It was love at first sight and he named him Buster. Essa chose an adorable ragdoll named Ollie and they also adopted another mixed breed cat named Shelby in hopes that Samara would enjoy having a pet of her own. Thankfully, just a day before they were scheduled to move into the new house, they received word that Samara would be allowed to live with them. She would have to get an education and prove she could be financially independent by securing a job and a home of her own though before she could get a green card.

Essa and Josh were allowed to pay for her needs until such time she could fulfil these requirements. Whether she paid them back or not was up to them. The three arrived in the early morning hours and settled in unpacking a few personal belongings and waited for the pets to arrive. Finally, after only a couple hours, they heard a vehicle pull up out front to deliver the pets.

Josh of course was very happy to see Buster again and immediately gave him a pet.

"Hey boy, how are you Buster? Are you excited to live here?
    "Woof woof!"
    "Oh yeah, I guess you are."

r0BkYHf.png
    While Josh played with Buster, Samara gave Shelby some love and got to know her too.
    "Aww, you are such a pretty girl, aren't you Shelby. I hope you like me."

tAzmt0l.png
    Meanwhile Essa was giving Ollie a hug as he snuggled up to her.
    "You are so, so sweet! I already love you Ollie! Such a handsome boy."

oJYiSa7.png
    Josh picked up Buster for a hug too and was getting some puppy kisses in return.
    "Aww Buster, I love you too little guy. We're going to have so much fun together."

krslhLS.png
    Samara had picked up Shelby and was getting some cuddles of her own.
    "You DO like me! I'm so glad, I like you too!"

3XLErkd.png
    *I got it!! You're not getting away from me again! Ha! Wait! What? Where'd it go!*

6bVuDQA.png
    Josh put down Buster who immediately ran over to Samara and stood on his hind legs begging for something.
    "Hey boy, what is it? What do you want?"

T4PPgwI.png
    "Do you want to dance? You do! hehe He's so adorable Josh. I think he likes me too!"

NWFLfCJ.png
    "I think he does too! That was so cute! Good boy Buster!"

SvUgP48.png
    Samara excused herself and went upstairs and Essa went in the kitchen to fix them all something to eat.

sboNizJ.png
    Josh stayed in the living room and played with the pets while he waited for Essa to finish cooking.

zM07IlV.png
    Ollie zoomed away it seemed on some kind of mission. He went outside and started running circles around the property as if he was checking everything out. He's playful and since Josh was busy playing with Shelby, perhaps he needed to work off some extra energy or something.

ec1cq1O.png
    (Will I ever get up the courage to take off this scarf? Josh and Essa have seen my face and didn't even flinch.)
    (What about everyone else though?)
    (I can't hide forever. I have to go to school or get a job soon.)
    (But...I'm scared. What if everyone calls me a monster or a freak again?)
    (Maybe just a little while longer. I'm not ready yet.)

38bNEvT.png
    Despite Josh and Essa's offer to pay for Samara's schooling, she didn't want to be obligated to them for such a large amount if she could help it. Maybe she could get a scholarship? It was a long shot since she didn't have many skills. But it was worth a look to see what was available.

Mc7un9H.png
    Downstairs, Essa finished making the meal and walked back to Josh to give him a kiss while Shelby watched.

U4ozL4q.png
    "I already love it here, it's so beautiful and peaceful. I haven't heard any car horns, just a fog horn from the light house. I love that though. Do you?"

XzpFaRz.png
    "Oh yeah, I love it. Hey, Maree's occupied at the moment, let's go upstairs and christen our new bed. It's tradition afterall, right?"

PgqzEKz.png
    "Let's break tradition or do that later. I have something else in mind we can christen."
    *whispers*
    "Ohhh yeahhh, sounds good to me, let's go!"

NJRFwKO.png
    Essa and Josh went to christen...something else besides the bed while Samara came downstairs and grabbed a bowl of Superfood Salad Essa had just made. She'd found a few possible scholarships she might quality to get. She'd applied for them and would find out in a few days.

0YmpxWq.png
    Yup, the hot tub! Autonomous too! I'm not surprised! It makes me happy since I took such a long time making this area for them. Obviously Essa loves it and I bet Josh does by now too. ;)

0NOahw9.png

vmk6vfJ.png
    Buster had been taking a nap on a pet bed in their bedroom, but suddenly woke up. I doubt he could hear them all the way up there, but who knows.

Oz3K6gQ.png
    Shelby was oblivious, taking a nap on the kitchen floor in front of the refrigerator. I don't know why she chose that spot, there's lots of pet beds around the house. Oh well...

eJEWY0K.png
    Ollie was moping around sad that no one was giving him any love. They were all too busy to pay attention to him. Aww, don't worry Ollie, you'll be getting TONS of love from everyone. I promise. Just not right at the moment. Your owners want to give each other some lovin'. You'll have to wait.

QS7USx9.png
    Samara finished her meal and went into the kitchen to take care of her dish. She heard something in the backyard and looked out the window. She saw what was going on out there and just sighed in resignation.
    (I'm happy for them, I really am. I shouldn't watch.)
    (Don't watch, it'll only make you sad.)

She stopped and walked out of the kitchen to go back to her room. Samara still loved Josh, but she knew he would never be her's again. She would just have to accept that fact. It would be hard to do. But she knew she had to. They were both being so good to her and she didn't want that to change.
    (At least we can be friends, good friends. That will have to be enough. I can live with that.)
    (I can!)

h4uBzlC.png
    And this is where I stopped my play session for today. I'll get started on comments, but might not be able to finish them until tomorrow morning. Hope y'all had a great day/night! :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Ellupelluellu
    You're welcome! Ah, okay, well it's cool anyway no matter what it's for. :) Aww, I wondered. I figured you did let them. Interesting she got the ring thought after the mistletoe kiss and not that epic passionate one. hehe Interesting about them going to the gym all the time. Could ALL of them have the active trait? I think Damon does if I remember right. Thank you! I usually don't put that much stuff in their homes, but that one is HUGE. So since they had the room, why not? ;) I just enjoy doing it though, like I said. :)

Love the daily pic! The island there is so hauntingly beautiful. I always wished our Sims could walk on that pier. Aww, the cute kitty is following her! It looks a lot like a cat we had for over 13 years, Tigger. :) Is that Maximus watching her Watcher? ;) Or some other buff gorgeous Sim? Sorry, see him so little it's hard to tell unless I can see his face close up. Such pretty views from the lighthouse! I think my Sims have only climbed it maybe twice, at most. Never looked down from it. Yeah, that does look dangerous Melody. o.O

What a pretty pond! Did you design it with T.O.O.L.? I'm guessing yes. I've never seen that pond in Wakaba before. Of course I haven't explored many areas in Mt. Komorebi though. Oh boy, seems whatever deal Nik and Greg had has begun since Greg is Grim now and looks like his current self. Definitely does NOT look like a librarian either! ;) Excited for the next update, as always! <3

@Busufu - Okay, that's cool and thanks again for reading! <3
    @Karababy52 ,
    The reason why all the teens use gym so much is maybe that there is not much sims in that save , to maximize the thing that the ones what are important do show up (like Josh and Jules at night time in that part) :) Like Kat there was actually gym trainer, and she ran off to help someone else in the gym :)
    Haha that cat is simply everywhere :) I use that mod where all scouts and some random weirdos are replaced by strays at every world :) Why I do not have scout teens or kids as walkbys at all :) As I hated the fact that game decided that ALL the kids and teens all the sudden joined scouts :)
    And yes that jogger was indeed Maximus :)
    That pond is in the lot where Melody's house used to be :) Judith and she visited that place when they visited her all old house plots :) And yep, Greg is no Librarian anymore, but he got nominated about his book to Gala, I forgot it totally when I made him a Grimm again :D Daaaaarrnnn! Ah well, I would of been curious does he win :D
    -- So awsome first pic!! <3
    Aww Buster is sooo cute <3 All the pets are so cute :) Haha it is funny, I am a cat person irl, but here, as in permanentrose's posts, I prefer the dog over the cats :D
    Oh I am very curious how Samara will look alike! Also wondering, if Josh and Essa have seen her, why not be without scarf at home? :smile: (ahem, well I also have a character in my other save... I have yet not shown his face, so who am I to say anything :D:D )
    Haha, oh, Milly never slept on her own in pet bed, only if someone invited/asked her to. She also slept in the floor, mostly in that glass floor.. maybe she liked to watch fishies before sleeping :p
    Oh yes Samara, keep it cool, they have been kind to you, do not be unkind back!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top