Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SCANDINAVIAN / NORDIC PACK - AURORA SKIIES 2.0 - Do you want something like this to sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    YES I'm interested
    Viking related decorations would be great, perhaps they could even add in lutefisk (I am of Scandinavian ancestry, and have actually eaten the stuff), pickled herring, and lingonberry jam or pancakes with lingonberry syrup. I love, love, love the crafting ideas. Pickling, canning, and making freezer jams would be great new skills.
    Igloos, additional hiking trails (at least 2 packs have hiking trails so far), and ice sculpting (or even sculpting in general) would be great!
    Archery with shooting targets for the arrows would also be good. Hunting though...may go too far and gather too many complaints/protests/boycotts from radical animal rights activists (the same ones who eventually stopped all the circuses here in the US from using any animals in their performances). Some of those would even say there should be no zoos, but if there were no zoos, young people who never went to a zoo would not learn how to appreciate the variety of wildlife and the dangers of extinction, let alone have any clue how to rehabilitate injured wildlife. (After all, they can only take a certain amount of electives, and often must choose between things like psychology, sociology, art, drama, and music).

Sledding and werewolves would fit in perfectly here, as would say, ice fairies, and mining dwarves. Speaking of mines, a nice underground maze would be perfect about now. Maybe I'll go build one in my game. Too bad there aren't enough stalactite/stalagmite and crystal decorations, let alone ancient cave drawings, runes, and the like. Treehouses would be a fantastic feature as well. I haven't yet been able to construct a credible treehouse using the current build tools available in the vanilla game. There is, for instance, no leaf roofs (straw roofs yes, leaf and branch roofs no), no wall decorations of branches sticking out, and no bark wallpaper.

Or, they could even go for the Siberian version of Area 51, and add a fortified area around a crashed UFO. And there could even be an area around the UFO inside the borders of the fence (which has caution signs on each side) where there is a very light radiation leak - enough to make Sims in the area nauseous, but not enough to invite the Grim Reaper, or else 100% curable with treatment in the hospital, leaving them bald but well (something the player can manually change back in CAS editing).
    (Besides, those of us with custom hairs often have ended up with bald Sims after the mods were all disabled by a patch.)

@SimsILikeSims
    Wow you eaten Lutfisk, That’s brave!

Another player in this comment section had a creative idea for hunting with moving bushes that you could shoot arrows (Archery skill) on. I think they can come up with an idea that’s not to morbid.

I don’t eat meat myself, but I’m very happy they included trade for meat option in CoL (meat from animals come from animals).

Lingonberry jam / syrup and Pickled Herrings would be great. Maybe some pickled cucumber, and they could add harvestable Cucumber plants. 🤔

I appreciate the brainstorming and all the creative ideas!
    And feel free to leave a vote in the Poll above if you haven’t done that.
    :)
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    YES I'm interested
    So much good ideas... wood cutting would be so good, same for hunting... and well Wild Bears Lot challenge got me here! I know this so much, where I am from, that happen to someone on the neighborhood almost every summer lol... I would love to see this.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2021
    Maybe
    Lived next door to a Scandinavian ice sculptor artist once. I never knew there was a career in it before I met him!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    YES I'm interested
    Simburian wrote: »
    Lived next door to a Scandinavian ice sculptor artist once. I never knew there was a career in it before I met him!

They have ice hotels in those countries and they build them back every year. Would love an ice pack, they should bring back the igloo, loved it in TS3, and the ice furniture.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    YES I'm interested
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They have ice hotels in those countries and they build them back every year. Would love an ice pack, they should bring back the igloo, loved it in TS3, and the ice furniture.
    @crocobaura
    @Simburian That's sounds cool 😉, did you see his art?

It's a famous Ice Hotel in the very north of Sweden (The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi ) where they sculpt everything out of ice. They redo it every year. They have concert with musicians playing on instruments made out of ice sometimes, that's really cool.
    ?file=ICEHOTEL-Foto-Asaf-Kliger_505602206.jpg&dh=419&dw=630&w=760&h=426
    Main_hall_ICEHOTEL_Sweden.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maybe
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    @crocobaura
    @Simburian That's sounds cool 😉, did you see his art?

It's a famous Ice Hotel in the very north of Sweden (The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi ) where they sculpt everything out of ice. They redo it every year. They have concert with musicians playing on instruments made out of ice sometimes, that's really cool.
    ?file=ICEHOTEL-Foto-Asaf-Kliger_505602206.jpg&dh=419&dw=630&w=760&h=426
    Main_hall_ICEHOTEL_Sweden.jpg

He sent me postcards which I've archived somewhere! He got homesick and went home after a year in Scotland. He went all over the world doing sculptures and competitions.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    YES I'm interested
    Vikings! Bears! Geyser Deaths! Sign me up for this pack.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    YES I'm interested
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Vikings! Bears! Geyser Deaths! Sign me up for this pack.

Ice fishing, seals and polar bears. 🙂 Big igloos.