Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diminish the Torment Legacy Challenge- Rules and LP

Comments

• AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 106 Member
    Tiipii wrote: »
    Another question about aspirations: The founder and heirs are not allowed to have a regular job/career. But if the heir rolls an aspiration that requires a certain career can you reroll the aspiration?

I really don't want to allow a reroll.
    As you pointed out, one point of randomizing the aspirations is the added challenge of trying to finish an aspiration that's not exactly supported by the life circumstances of the sims. As depressing as it sounds, this challenge is filled with broken dreams. :(
    A sim aspires to be a city native, but is stuck in Newcrest and can never own an apartment in the big city. Another sim wants to be a joke star but can't have a job as a comedian.

However, the previous heir is allowed to start a job as soon as the new one takes over.
    Depending on the age of the previous heir - maybe they still have time to finish the aspiration after that?

I guess it would be OK to allow one reroll per generation for players that prefer a slightly less depressing "easy mode" for the challenge?
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Antiqua wrote: »
    Another question about aspirations: The founder and heirs are not allowed to have a regular job/career. But if the heir rolls an aspiration that requires a certain career can you reroll the aspiration?

As you pointed out, one point of randomizing the aspirations is the added challenge of trying to finish an aspiration that's not exactly supported by the life circumstances of the sims. As depressing as it sounds, this challenge is filled with broken dreams. :(
    A sim aspires to be a city native, but is stuck in Newcrest and can never own an apartment in the big city. Another sim wants to be a joke star but can't have a job as a comedian.

However, the previous heir is allowed to start a job as soon as the new one takes over.
    Depending on the age of the previous heir - maybe they still have time to finish the aspiration after that?

I guess it would be OK to allow one reroll per generation for players that prefer a slightly less depressing "easy mode" for the challenge?

@Antiqua - So, does this mean, then, that the founder and any heirs cannot aspiration hop? It is normally the way I play. When they are fishing, I switch to the Fishing Aspiration, when they are meeting new sims, I switch to the Friend of the World Aspiration. Is this alright, or not? Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    [/i]

Ah, I missed that part of the rules before. So you mean that when an heir becomes young adult, the parent (previous heir) can then take a job? I gather they still have to roll for the job though?

Perhaps sims stuck in a job they hate could also purposely get themselves fired and then re-roll for a chance at a different job?? I am now having many visions of possible purposeful Slacklater slacking...

gen3-banner.png
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Antiqua - So, does this mean, then, that the founder and any heirs cannot aspiration hop? It is normally the way I play. When they are fishing, I switch to the Fishing Aspiration, when they are meeting new sims, I switch to the Friend of the World Aspiration. Is this alright, or not? Thanks for the clarification. :)

It's OK to hop between aspirations to collect aspiration points. But only finishing the randomized aspiration will count towards removing a lot challenge. After the original aspiration is complete you can roll for the next aspiration that would also count towards finishing the challenge (it's not very likely for a sim to complete multiple aspirations within these limitations on short lifespan, except maybe when you end up having a mermaid or vampire in the household).

I'll update the rules to make the clarification.
    Ah, I missed that part of the rules before. So you mean that when an heir becomes young adult, the parent (previous heir) can then take a job? I gather they still have to roll for the job though?

Perhaps sims stuck in a job they hate could also purposely get themselves fired and then re-roll for a chance at a different job?? I am now having many visions of possible purposeful Slacklater slacking..

Yes, previous heir can take a job after the new heir ages up to young adult and takes over. And you roll for the job just like with any other household member.
    Getting fired and then rerolling for a new job would be totally within the rules of the challenge!
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member

[/i]

Thank you, @Antiqua , for the answer and for creating such an entertaining challenge. I have also enjoyed reading the challenge stories here.

I am definitely one for the "hard mode" :) . It would not be a challenge if there were not some hardships. I'll have to see if my heir can become a joke star later in life.

I really don't want to lift the lot challenges too soon. That's why I have not removed a lot challenge after a child completes an aspiration. I think the child aspirations are easily completed even on the short lifespan (on normal, I always have time to complete all four of them).
    Gita. Chapter 10. Shifting gears.
    This morning I woke up feeling sick. I had some sort of a rash. No idea how I got it.
    I tried to just ignore it.
    I was tending the garden when everything started to feel .. Weird. I was still sick, gardening did not cure me, but to add to that I started feeling dizzy and I turned around and boom! My whole body felt old and wrinkly. Even getting up from the garden patch was tiresome.

iKz4Tba.jpg

The toddlers were asleep and the older boys at school or work, so I decided to take it easy that day.
    I took a nap.
    Woke up, feeling stiff and tired.
    Grabbed some leftovers.
    Did the dishes.

yTXfXg8.jpg

Is this what getting old is like?

The Haas Family Tree (made in the Plum Tree App).
    I'll be updating it as the story progresses, so ... possible spoilers for the next chapters ahead!!
    @Antiqua - Thank you for the clarification. In that case, all the lot challenges are on their house again. I had actually made a new sim for this challenge last night and I am thinking that I might start this challenge again with them. Going to think on it. Thanks :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I've bookmarked this and absolutely want to play it! I haven't really tried many of the lot challenges yet and this sounds like so much fun!
    @SoulGal7 - oh! I'm sorry to hear that you had to turn all the lot challenges back on. :( I was really cheering for your sims for their great progress.

I haven't had time to play much lately .. or post any new chapters (I have prepared the screenshots for 3 chapters, but they need to be written first!), but in the meantime, it's been fun to read your story and CeCe's adventures.
    I hope @mightysprite can give us an update on the Slacklater family too!

Well since you asked o:)
    it was about time for an update anyway

Getting mobbed by men while trying to write a term paper at the library be like
    getting-mobbed-by-men-while-trying-to-write-a-term-paper-be-like.png

Clarence and Becca had a wedding reception party at the Gnome's Arms following their elopement in the Bramblewood.
    wedding-party.png

That night, Becca was on her third or fourth trip to the bush when she suddenly had to head off to the hospital. Why the hospital? I'm unsure. I was planning for her to have the baby at home. But they hadn't bought a bassinet yet, and her needs were low, and she was on neighborhood terrain. I guess it was one of those. Anyway, to the hospital they went, and had little Rutherford.
    clarence-holds-baby.png

They started calling him Bruh pretty much immediately.

Little Bruh turned out to be a blond! I've never had a towhead born-in-game before. My legacy founder Ragamuffin Jones was blond, married Cameron Fletcher and became matriarch of a family of beautiful multiracial children. None of my San Myshuno sims are blond. This one is surprising because both Clarence and Becca have brown hair. I wonder if the game takes into account that many blond children's hair turns brown as they grow up? Or recessive genes? Anyway, very interesting.
    Besides being a wee towhead, Bruh is Inquisitive, and wears glasses. (In my games, if someone ages up with glasses (not sunglasses) in any of their outfits, then they need glasses or contacts from that age on. Clarence wears glasses, and Becca has glasses in her sleep outfit, suggesting that she wears contacts normally. So it makes sense.)
    bruh.png

You all will be pleased to know that Clarence did successfully bond with the flies. It had a cool animation, but I am unsure what it accomplished. Nevertheless, I feel that it fits him.
    bond-flies.png
    bond-flies-1.png

Becca's degree may be meaningless in the job market, but it has one major benefit: food that is free for her, and cheap for Clarence, at the dining hall. Also free for Bruh: as with the food stalls, if Becca orders food and then cancels the action right away, the plate disappears. But if she gets to the table, puts the plate down, and then cancels the eat action, the plate continues to exist and Bruh can go grab it while Becca orders another free helping for herself. Slacklater style fine dining at its best, folks!
    eating-at-school.png

An NAP inspector came? I've never used Upcycling Initiative before so I don't know what the inspector was looking for
    nap-inspector.png

I guess the scratching post was found wanting
    nap-inspector-2.png

Here is Clarence's favorite NAP
    naptime.png

Winterfest!
    winterfest.png

A visit to Auntie Maaike and Auntie Ulrike
    visit-to-aunties.png

Bruh loves Yogi the cat
    bruh-and-cat.png

Bruh doesn't have nesting blocks, but he builds his thinking skill by wondering "What's That?" about everything, and playing in the cabinets.
    thinking.png

Everyone is studying hard
    everyone-is-studying.png

They already pretty much have their division of labor down. Clarence is on cooking, childcare, and pet care. Becca is on wage-earning and cleaning.
    Clarence was potty-training Bruh one day, encouraging him to get good at this so one day he could use a bush like a big boy.
    Bruh thought hard and asked: "Daddy... do you know how to use a potty?"
    "Of course I do!"
    "Have you ever used a potty, Daddy?"
    "Uh..."

Becca does get to play with Bruh. Sometimes.
    b-playing-with-bruh.png

A quiet night. May you have one too.
    quiet-night.png
    gen3-banner.png
    @Antiqua @mightysprite @Tiipii - I am still here and I have decided to just go ahead and play the family I started with. Susumu is pretty close to finishing his original aspiration, so it might just work out anyway. Cece has a ways to go on her original aspiration, but we shall see if she can do it. Not worried about the childhood aspirations, as @Tiipii mentioned, they are relatively easy to achieve. I'm just going to go with the flow and continue to wing it. lol So, right now, I have put back the challenge lot traits that were removed, but I had played ahead, so they will be back on the evening of the Summer Fun Day Holiday (A holiday I made-up in-game for them to celebrate). Should be another chapter up this weekend and I will do comments on your wonderful stories as well. Have a great day/night!
    @Antiqua - CH 10 -
    Oh Gita aged to Elder, and got stripes! Oh gee! Now she's sick and tired. Oh Gita...she needs to enjoy her life with her kids. Os there a festival she can go to with them? This is why I have trouble doing legacy challenges. I get so attached to my sims, and I can't bear to see them pass away. I really like Gita.

@mightysprite -
    I had to laugh at little Bruh...where do you get that from Rutherford? lol I was like, what? haha Toddlers playing in the cupboard is funny. I also got a laugh out of Clarence's NAP. hehehe Upcycling? Oh gee, obviously the cat scratcher didn't have some eco cloth on it. lol I sure hope that Becca gets an A+ for all her hard work she is doing. And the free food! Yes! A perk for uni students. and Bruh gets free food, too! Becca was just made for this family! What a wife! She may decide to stay in school forever at this point if there's free food involved.
    Chapter 12: More Lava Bombs and Birthdays

cece-and-her-pumpkin-in-a-thunderstorm.png
    Before you say anything...yes...I am out in a thunderstorm talking to my pumpkin. Well, I'll have you know...this is NOT just any pumpkin. This is the pumpkin that I am going to enter in the Finchwick Oversized Crop Fair.The fair is only a few days away, so, I am encouraging it to become the best pumpkin it can be. It needs care, even in a thunderstorm.

Oh and did I tell you about the bills? Yes, we got some and thankfully had the simoleons to pay them. I was a bit worried because we had a few more items than when we first started. But we were fine.
    bills-with-all-the-children-born.png

And we had more lava bombs hit! Yes! After that first volcanic eruption, we continued to have earthquakes, and a few days later, more lava bombs descended on the house at night. It was even scarier than the first time. Of course, we did know that the house was on a fault line, but close to a volcano, too? I am thinking that maybe we are going to get rid of those other two lava rocks. Could it be that they are like a homing mechanism or something and lava bombs are just drawn to them? Hey! It's a theory. It could be true. But I think it might be in our best interest to just get rid of them.

another-earthquake.png

MORE-LAVA-BOMBS-AT-NIGHT.png

Of course, after all those lava bombs hit, it played havoc on the plumbing. At least Bridgette gets help with mopping from the resident ghost.

BRIDGETTE-MOPS-WITH-THE-GHOST.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The kids are doing well at school, and the other day, they all came home with a "B". I am so proud of them. It will only be a few days now until Ella and Eli age up to teens. It seems like just yesterday that I gave birth to them!

and-here-they-are-home-from-school.png
    bridgette-has-a-b.png
    ella-and-belinda-have-b.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I don't know if I told you this before, but Susumu and I are quite opposites in nature I'm an Outdoorsy sim and he prefers the indoors. In fact, you could almost say that we are attracted to each other because we are opposites.
    attracted-by-an-opposite.png

cece-really-loves-susumu.png

I am deeply in love with Susumu, but as I may have mentioned, he does tend to tell some tall tales sometimes. And because of that, I sometimes dismiss those stories. Well, the one he told me about Cowie, our cowplant is true. Because it happened to me!

i-got-the-urge-to-see-cowie-and-eat-some-cake.png

One day I was in the garden and looked over at Cowie who seemed to be offering me a piece of chocolate cake. Where he got the chocolate cake, I have no idea. But I was rather hungry and thought that this was so nice of Cowie. I mean, I never knew cows to offer cake to anyone before, but this is an unusual plant, so maybe that is what it does.

I went over to Cowie, and gee that cake looked really good. I thanked Cowie for it and went to take it from him, and do you know what he did?

cowie-was-offering-me-a-delecgable-piece-of-cake.png

That darn Cowie decided I was something to eat, and swallowed me whole!

oh-my-gosh-help-help-cowie-is-eating-me.png

Well, I beat up Cowie from the inside.

was-this-the-end-of-the-legacy.png

I had some wild thoughts when I was inside Cowie...like...was this going to be the end of me and the legacy? But, I kept beating up Cowie's insides, and finally it worked.

he-spit-me-out.png

He spit me out. I must have given him indigestion.

it-was-true-cowie-had-decoured-me.png

Anyway, the important thing is that I am alive to tell the tale.

and-then-it-wanted-me-to-milk-it.png

she-got-essence-of-flirtation.png

But that's not the end of the story. Then Cowie mooed at me. Literally mooed at me because he wanted me to milk him. It was really weird. I felt that somehow this was my life force being milked out of this strange cowplant.

susumu-and-i-quickly-constructed-a-fence-and-contained-the-beast.png

Anyway, I wasn't going to have Cowie do this to the children! So, Susumu and I quickly put a fence around Cowie, and hopefully Cowie won't harm anyone again.

This happened on the same day that Trevor and Trent were supposed to age up, and then, it just happened. They aged up to toddlers. With no birthday cake. Again. To be quite honest, after the incident with Cowie, I was in no mood for cake anyway.

trent-and-trevor-age-up-rev.png

And here they are! Trent has blonde hair, which looks almost like Susumu's hair, except it's parted on the different side. Trent is such a "Charmer", and Trevor is a bit of a "Fussy" toddler.

grup-hug-oldest-and-yhoungest.png

Eli and Ella came over right away to give their youngest siblings a hug. Now, how sweet is this? I just feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family.
    @SoulGal7 Fun! I like the huge plants of various kinds. Yes, a fence is a good idea with a cowplant. Esp if you lock the gate and unlock only to feed it.

"Bruh" is, sort of, the first syllable of Rutherford with a B in front. But, also, a funny thing to say to a baby.
    gen3-banner.png
    Gita. Chapter 11. Fire hazard
    I really thought that maybe now that I’m older, I’d get a break. The day I spent gardening and napping felt like something I might get used to.
    I guess I was wrong about what life will be like be after getting old.
    We had some of the specters acting up the very same evening. They were super angry, growling and spitting fire. Kids were scared and I was fed up. I had a talk with one of the specters, tried to convince them to calm down or perhaps choose a more quiet place for this “show”.
    I had no idea that while I was having a talk with one of the specters, the other one would be causing havoc on the porch.
    It managed to set Caleb on fire once again.

ZD8KXBW.jpg

Lucky for Caleb, Grant was on top of the situation. He grabbed an extinguisher and put out the fire while rest of the boys were getting out of the house. Samir left the house in an orderly manner, bur Gil rushed out in panic. I have no idea what Kirk was thinking or why he didn’t get out of the house like he was told to, but he just stood in the doorway and stared at Caleb burning. Maybe he was in shock? It was the most horrifying moment when I noticed that his clothes were catching fire!
    Grant managed to extinguish Kirk fast. For my relief there was no major damage to him. He had inhaled some smoke and we had to get rid of some of his clothes. After a proper shower he was well again, albeit tense.

PXh56zd.jpg

In all this mayhem we had no time to notice that Gil aged up. And no one had any time to congratulate him! The very moment Gil got back inside something mysterious happened to Greyson - he burst up in flames. I guess it were the specters again.
    This time it was Gil who grabbed an extinguisher and put out the fire. Talk about an heroic moment!
    Grant was super proud of Gil for his quick wit and reaction.

Fires should always be taken seriously, but it seemed that the boys took the situation as a great bonding moment. Grant and Gil were joking about it and later on Gil showed Greyson something in his phone. I hope it was a fire safety video and not some nasty pictures of Greyson combusting. Or maybe he had some pictures of himself putting out the fire? It would be plausible, Gil has gotten a bit self-absorbed lately.
    Whatever it was, Greyson took it well.

dS5ANjE.jpg

I was hoping that I could enjoy my days from now on, but no... I'm too old for this!! How in the world am I supposed to get any rest in my old age when we have things and people combusting all the time?

The Haas Family Tree (made in the Plum Tree App).
    I'll be updating it as the story progresses, so ... possible spoilers for the next chapters ahead!!
    @Antiqua - Is that Gil with Susumu hair? lol Love it!
    Oh my gosh! Fire in the house! And first Caleb burning and then everyone seemed to catch on fire. And super-son Grant saves the day! Thank goodness for Grant. I am sure that was exhausting for the watcher, too.
    edited November 2021
    Never mind, answered own question
    gen3-banner.png
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Antiqua - Is that Gil with Susumu hair? lol Love it!
    Oh my gosh! Fire in the house! And first Caleb burning and then everyone seemed to catch on fire. And super-son Grant saves the day! Thank goodness for Grant. I am sure that was exhausting for the watcher, too.

That would be Greyson, the second son, who has the same hair as Susumu. Gil has yellowish hair for some reason.
    Oh, yes, it was crazy
    On real life Halloween, Clarence got to play for a bar full of ghosts :) They tip! I wonder where they keep their wallets??
    bar-full-of-ghosts.png

Clarence is enjoying the company of his many cat friends. He adopted the stray Horchata, who is getting along well with the first adopted stray Yogi. But this will always be his favorite kitty
    you-are-my-favorite-kitty.png

Yogi has giant ears and cares a great deal about Bruh. When Bruh cries, Yogi goes to find him and makes this face, which cracks me up completely.
    cat-response-to-crying-toddler.png

Clarence is just a regular ol' slacker dude, but he seems to be making waves in society. I guess his chill livin' by the pond, with kindness to all, guitar playin' life is attracting some attention. He keeps getting offered unusual jobs. Can't do it, Dina.
    job-offer-astronaut.png

Still can't do it, Dina.
    job-offer-tech-guru.png

Don't have 1000 simoleons, Eva.
    dont-have-1000.png

Don't have 1000 simoleons for... whatever that is either, Bess.
    dont-have-1000-either.png

But meeting new friends is always cool
    friend1.png

Being sought after by Morgyn is definitely cool!
    friend2.png

You will all be quite relieved to know that, after spending most of his natural life relieving himself in a bush, Clarence has now added on a proper bathroom to his house.
    bathroom.png

As well as a charming entryway. Well, right now it's serving as the kitchen.

It was time for Bruh to age up. They went to Mimsy's and bought a cake. Becca chose that time to share some big news...
    big-news.png

Aw Clarence, you don't look too happy!

Bruh is a charming towheaded boy. He rolled the Social Butterfly aspiration. He inherited* the Active trait from Becca. So he'll only be the heir if no one else inherits the Lazy trait.
    I use a way of rolling for traits that gives the parents' traits a higher chance of appearing. My rule for inheritance for this legacy is the Lazy trait, unless no one gets it, in which case the eldest is heir.

Becca gave Bruh a soccer ball for his birthday!

Clarence wants to know why anyone ever does this activity on purpose.

soccer-with-dad.png

Bruh says, soccer is the best!

Even if Mom can't play with him that much because she has to study... Bruh can come find her whenever he wants a chat and a hug
    with-mom.png

Bruh chatted up Agnes Crumplebottom. Maybe they will be friends??
    bruh-and-agnes.png

Bruh discovered something you can do with trash cans OH MY GOODNESS is this from the reduce and recycle lot challenge??
    discarded-toys.png

He found a pack of Voidcritter cards in there!
    He asked for a Voidcritter battle station.
    Mom and Dad said there's no way they can afford either that or a room big enough to put it in.
    Oh well... at least it's something to talk about with his buddies at school.

(Some people enjoy talking about their favorite game almost as much as they enjoy playing it! Have you ever noticed that?)

Speaking of buddies at school, Bruh hits a snag every once in awhile.
    party1.png

Sometimes an honest question, even if awkward, is better than just playing along and having hurt feelings... Bruh has learned something about being his authentic self.
    party2.png

Speaking of Bruh's authentic self... Clarence and Becca had noticed something a little bit odd during potty training. They took Bruh to the doctor. The doctor explained that Bruh has an intersex condition and actually has XX chromosomes, despite the fact that his body appears male for now.
    Yep, he rolled 99 when I rolled for his gender identity. I roll a random number 1 to 100, where 1 to 95 is cis, 96-98 is trans, 99 is intersex and 100 is non-binary. I did choose a particular real-life intersex condition for Bruh.

Bruh's condition is found in more extreme and less extreme forms. It's possible that when he becomes a teen, he could experience some male changes along with the very likely female changes. He has female internal reproductive organs, although whether he could become pregnant depends on what his hormones do at that time. He will need to be monitored to make sure his hormone and sodium balances remain normal, regardless of whether he wishes to pursue hormone therapy for gender identity or fertility reasons.

Bruh was horrified at any suggestion that he might be, even partially, a girl. "I'm a boy!" he protested.
    Becca tried to assure him that any way he wanted to identify when he was older would be fine--
    "NOT A GIRL!" said Bruh.

Meanwhile, Becca tried to cope with late-night pregnancy appetite in the general chaos of their lives... life is hard
    life-is-hard.png

But the dining hall served steak when she was in her third trimester! Yes!!
    dining-hall-steak-third-trimester.png

Bruh, gathering water with a bucket, decides to tell his descendants about this when they complain about the difficulties of THEIR lives
    life-is-hard-bruh-gathering-water.png

Becca and Clarence went out for New Year's Eve! Their first time out since Bruh was born. Got to time these things well because, you know, another little one is on the way.
    nye.png

Doing homework together
    homework-together.png

Becca's got to get in the guest lectures for her aspiration... she brought Julia and then discovered if you bring a friend you have to pay twice the price (oops)
    guest-lectures.png

She's getting good grades though! Go Becca!
    grades.png
    And she's only doing the homework for the Research & Debate classes ;)

Bruh met a young friend Ishaan! But he is evil
    ishaan.png

Bruh met a somewhat less young friend Braycen! But he is extraterrestrial
    "D'ya mind, kid? I'm trying to pose for the Art Society here."
    trying-to-pose.png

Braycen also works as a food vendor at the dining hall, so they cross paths regularly. Bruh is very curious.

It was time to say goodbye to Yogi. (She is smelly because she got sprayed by a skunk, as her last act on earth)
    goodbye-yogi.png

And time to say hello to a new arrival.
    "I'm in labor! And I just threw up! Can you clean it? I'm a bit busy right now"
    "You are doing great, sweetheart! I'll make breakfast!"
    "Thanks! Please never mention breakfast again."
    youre-doing-great.png

And they welcomed Clark (named for Mom)
    clark.png

Here is Clark as a toddler. Awww.
    clark-toddler.png
    gen3-banner.png
    edited November 2021
    @mightysprite - Woot! An update!
    Love that ghost photo of Clarence playing for the ghosts. As an aside, I actually had that happen at a wedding once which I had at the Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg. My sim (the groom) was playing a song on his guitar to his bride as she was walking down the aisle, and Lord Shallot came over and tipped him and then left. It was a hoot! On with the comments now. Yogi and Bruh have the same ears! lol And Yogi is wondering what the heck that sound is coming out of Bruh's mouth. hehe I love all the job offers and other things that Clarence gets. And congrats on the bathroom. The tub selection for off-the-grid is limited. Nice you got the tub/shower combo. Geez! Clarence has better stuff than Cece does, as I just have the debug cheap bath. Hopefully they will upgrade soon, and I am keeping the tub to bathe dogs in. Oh gee! Bruh ages up and Becca tells Clarence she's expecting. Quite the shock for poor Clarence. It's funny how differently the sims react to the news. Susumu was always looking puzzled. Of course he has the erratic trait, so that could explain things. Bruh is a good-looking kid, and likes to play soccer. Oh, that is interesting how you decide the gender of the child. I never thought of doing that before. Sounds cool. And way to go Becca on your grades! Dang! Just short of that A+ you needed to remove a lot trait. Ahhh...poor Yogi has now gone to doggie heaven. And a new little one arrives...Clark. Very nice. I also didn't know about the "look for discarded toys" option with the trash can.
    @SoulGal7 Thanks :) He actually found that shower/bath in the dumpster some time ago. It was broken so he had to fix it. (And I made them wait until they had an actual room to put it in before using it-- they had to stick to the outdoor shower when showering outdoors.)
    That's funny about Lord Shallot tipping at your wedding!
    gen3-banner.png
    edited November 2021
    Chapter 13: Ella & Eli Age Up To Teen & Summer Fun Day

SUMMER-FUN-DAY-HOLIDAY.png
    It was Summer Fun Day and also the day that Ella and Eli were aging up to teens. The only childhood aspiration completed was the Artistic Prodigy by Ella. (Note: They don't have a computer, a science table or a chess set, and they never really travelled anywhere to do some things for the aspirations. Oh well.)

First off, Susumu made a birthday cake for the occasion. Without a fire! (Note: Since I had played ahead, the cursed lot trait had been removed at this time.)

Ella aged up first. She was excited. They had never had a birthday cake before!

FINALLY-A-CAKE-ELLA-CHILD-TO-TEEN.png
    img

Ella rolled the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration, and random traits are Outgoing and Childish.

ELI-AGES-UP-TO-TEEN.png
    ELI-AGE-TO-TEEN-STATS-FOODIE-AND-ATHLETIC.png

Eli rolled the Bodybuilder Aspiration, and random traits are Dog Lover and Foodie.

ELLA-AND-ELI-AGED-UP-TO-TEEN.png

And here they are! (Note: I did go into CAS to fix some of their outfits and chose a different hairstyle for Ella. I love the expression on their faces in this photo! Mr. Confident Eli and Ella is just rolling her eyes! lol)

GIFTS-THEY-GOT-AS-TEENS-ELI-AND-ELLA.png

And of course they received some gifts. Although Eli wasn't quite thrilled at getting a carrot for a gift, and I am just not sure who wrapped that up for a gift anyway. But the good news is that we also bought Ella an easel, since she had always been so artistic as a child. And we bought Eli a punching bag, as he was very athletic and spent most of the time on those climbers at the park next door. They were both thrilled with those gifts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As soon as Ella and Eli aged up, we packed up some picnic items, and travelled to Oasis Springs to Desert Bloom Park for Summer Fun Day. And what a surprise it was when we saw a waterslide set up in the park. I even had someone take a photo of our family as a keepsake. Look at how our family has grown!

FAMILY-DAY-OASIS-SPRINGS-PARK.png

Everyone was so excited to have a day off and to go somewhere together. Eli headed off towards the chess tables and ended up playing a game of chess with Bjorn Bjergsen.

ELI-CHATTING-WITH-BJORN-IN-THE-PARK.png

And Ella headed towards some easels to use her paints for the first time.

PAINTING-IN-THE-PARK.png
    A-PAINTERLY-CALLING-ELLA-LIKES-PAITING.png

And Ella got a pop-up and of course she likes painting.

Belinda and Bridgette made a beeline for the space invaders play area and soon some other children joined in to play.

BELINDA-AND-BRIDGETTE-AY-SPACE-INVADERS.png

belinda-chatting-with-lucas-and-pierce.png

Belinda met Lucas Munch, and they got on quite well.

Trent and Trevor decided that they wanted to have some fun in the water, and Susumu and I were only too happy to change them into their swimsuits and splash in the water with them. The day was hot and everyone was having a good time.

both-trent-and-trevor-in-the-pool.png

Susumu went over and grilled up some burgers and soon the air was filled with the wonderful smell of veggie burgers and beef burgers.

SUSUMU-MAKING-SOME-BURGERS.png

they-were-soi-excited-to-be-here.png

eli-bringing-the-kids-to-the-bathroom.png

Eli brought some of the kids to the bathroom.

After lunch, we all headed to the water slide for some more water fun.

ELLA-SUSUMU-AND-ELI.png

THERE-WAS-A-WATER-SLIDE-SET-UP-IN-THE-PARK.png

THEY-DIDNT-ALL-DO-TOO-WELL.png

We didn't all do so well, though. Oops...Bridgette!

Afterwards, everyone had some free time and Eli made his way into a small building. He found a guitar and picked it up and started plucking a tune. Eli played for a bit and then left the building to see what everyone else was doing.

eli-found-a-guitar-in-the-building-and-started-plaung.png

A bit later, Ella had gone into the building looking for her brother, Eli, but he wasn't there. Instead, there was a teen named Kiyoshi Ito sitting there, and he quickly introduced himself.

she-had-come-looking-for-her-brother-but-he-wasnt-here-met-kiyoshi.png

Ella had never met anyone like Kiyoshi before, and when she looked up, she caught him looking intently at her. Of course, she was sneaking peeks of him, too. Dang! He was HOT and single!

they-were-quite-drawn-to-each-other.png

susumu-of-course-was-supervising.png

Of course, just then, a group of sims and her father entered the building. Susumu sat down to read a book, and even Eli came back in just then. Ella had hoped that she could have been alone a bit longer with Kiyoshi, but...well...she was alright with it.

Kiyoshi had to leave, and it was time to light some fireworks.

they-lit-some-fireworks-and-sag-together.png

fireworks.png

what-a-great-show.png

and-the-last-of-the-fireworks.png

What a fantastic fireworks show!

While I grilled some fruit kebobs, the children chatted with their newfound friends.

such-a-great-time-together.png

CHATTING-WITH-ELSA.png

Ella saw someone she knew from school, Sofia Bjergson, and Ella chatted with her for awhile. Eli sat down and introduced himself to Sofia and found out she played the guitar. It looked like Eli wanted to get to know her more, but Sofia had to go.

It was getting late and Susumu and I sat down and enjoyed the fruit kebobs together. He looked at me while I was sitting there and told me that I looked lovely. Even with our busy schedules and the hustle and bustle of family life, Susumu still makes me feel special. We are still very much in love with each other.

JUST-SUCH-A-WONDERFUL-TIME.png

ELLA-LOOKED-AT-HER-PARENTS-AND-HOPED-THAT-SHE-TOO-WOULD-FIND-LOVE-LIKE-THEIRS.png

Unseen by Cece and Susumu, Ella looked at her parents and hoped that one day, she, too, would find a love like her parents had.

Note:

Summer Fun Day is a holiday I created, so they could spend some time together as a family and they would also get a day off. I added a few items to the Desert Bloom park, like some toddler toys, toddler potty, toddler pool and a water slide.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7 that Summer Fun Day looked like a really fun day indeed :)
    Chapter 14: A Trip To Willow Creek Archives

eli-and-ellas-new-room.png
    A few days had passed since Eli and Ella's birthdays and Susumu and I had a chance to redecorate their room for them. It was a nice surprise and all their pictures from babyhood to now were hanging on the wall. Even though they were teens, they still didn't mind sharing a room together, which was a good thing, since we didn't really have any spare bedrooms in the house.

eli-doing-a-morning-run.png

ella-going-for-a-jog.png

Eli had seriously taken up working out and had started a fitness routine where he went on a morning jog before school. Ella, too, had decided to join in and together they would jog around the neighborhood together. I was quite proud of them setting these goals for themselves.

hrlping-eli-and-ella-with-high-school-homework.png

Eli and Ella had been studying hard and doing their homework every night, but they still had a C grade. They had asked us if it was possible to head to a place where they could use computers. All their friends seemed to have a computer in their house, except us. And so, I decided to make a trip to the Willow Creek Archives when the children came home from school and while Susumu was at work.

returning-home-from-school.png

AT-THE-WILLOW-CREEK-LIBRARY.png

ELI-HEADED-TO-THE-COMPUTERS-RIGHT-AWAY.png

Eli went to the computers right away. And, of course, he wanted to finish his one badge for Scouts and become a Lllamacorn Scout.

eli-becomes-a-llamacorn-scout.png
    llamacorn-scout-eli.png

And he did it. Congratulations to Eli for completing the Scouting career.

BELINDA-AND-BRIDGETTE-PLAYED-PIRATES.png

Bridgette and Belinda had asked if they could go play pirates at the playground next door, and I said it would be fine.

TREVOR-AND-TRENT-WERE-HAPPILY-PLAYING-DOLLS.png

Trevor and Trent were happily playing dolls in the Kids area.

ELLA-AND-CECE-CHATTED-TO-THE-LIBRARIAN.png

Ella and I spoke to the librarian, and he told Ella about some Art programs at the nearby university. Ella seemed rather excited about this and started searching the universities he spoke about.

Bridgette and Belinda had come inside, briefly, to use the facilities and then asked if they could go to the roller skating rink that had been set up near the library. These two were just not content sitting in a library, but at least they had checked in with me, and so I agreed.

BRIGETTE-AND-BELINDA-THEN-WENT-OVER-TO-ROLLER-SKATE.png

Once Ella was done completing the requirements of her Scout badge, she, too, went over to rollerskate.

ella-heads-over-to-rollerskate.png

And even Eli tried it, although he wasn't too steady on his feet.

eli-tried-it-too.png

He did seem right at home, though, on an outdoor grill, where he made some dinner for everyone. Susumu would be so proud if he saw him now.

eli-makes-some-food-for-everyone.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The following day was a regular day, but Susumu came home with a promotion from work. Congratulations Susumu!

susumu-promo-to-mixologist-thurs.png

After school, Ella had invited Sofia Bjergsen over.

SOME-FRIENDS-CAME-OVER.png

Sofia was not in a very good mood when she came over, but surprisingly, Eli went over to her to chat with her and calm her down. He told her about some deep-breathing exercises he had learned, and they seemed to work.

TRYING-TO-CALM-SOFIA-DOWN.png

And if I didn't know any better, I would say that Eli had a bit of a crush on Sofia. And I think Sofia might have a crush on Eli, too. Oh my gosh! My Eli is growing up so fast!

OH-IT-LOOKS-LIKE-ELI-MAY-LIKE-SOFIA.png

I must say, though, that Sofia was very talented. She had told us that she was a musical prodigy, and actually played the guitar, but that she liked all musical instruments.

Maybe I was inspired after Sofia left, and decided to pick up the violin. Although, I didn't sound very much like Sofia did when she played. I think I even heard some dogs howling from my violin practice.

cece-always-wanted-to-oplay-violibn.png

susumu-and-eli-making-dinner.png

It was Eli's turn to help with dinner tonight, and he did such a wonderful job.

Afterwards, it was volunteer time, and we all headed off to the Newcrest Nursing Home to help volunteer with the seniors. It was something that Belinda's teacher had arranged, and we thought it would be a good idea to help out as a family.
    volunteer-with-family.png

Of course, while we were there, Belinda had to settle an argument between some seniors.
    at-the-nursing-home-volunteering.png
    resdolved-nursing-home.png

In all, it turned out to be a very positive volunteering experience.
    volunteer-moodlet.png

Tomorrow was the Finchwick Fair and Trent and Trevor's birthdays.
    Clarence and Becca have both had their dreams crushed.

But not Clark. Clark is having a great time. Who needs toys when you have a pond?
    who-needs-toys-when-you-have-a-pond.png

And yes we still have lots of love.
    becca-reads-to-kids.png

So what happened? Well....
    Current cat population: 2 living (Horchata and Hazley), 1 ghost (Yogi).
    Current sim population: 4 (Clarence and Becca and their sons Bruh and Clark).
    Conversations in bathroom: too many. You are all probably familiar with this phenomenon
    everyone-in-bathroom.png

Becca has been struggling with 4 university courses and back-to-back toddlers, the younger of whom is Clingy. She's managed to turn in a good presentation and paper, but not much beyond that. I actually forgot to have her Take Notes during class for a couple of days.

Clarence is the same. Just a little bit more gray.

Hazley finds the toddler bed upside-down-in-ecstasy comfy.
    cat-nap.png

Love Day was lovely. The parents enjoyed their free daycare as they had a date at the café
    love-day-date.png

Bruh enjoyed the reaction of his crush to the valentine he sent
    bruh-love-day.png

Bruh aged up to teen. He is a chip off the old block, Becca that is-- he has now inherited both the Active and Bookworm traits. He rolled the Bestselling Author aspiration.

Bruh experienced some female puberty changes, but he was relieved when his voice dropped. Doc says he has all the female internal equipment and could become pregnant, but might need hormonal treatment to help out with fertility. Bruh says, that's ok, he never wants to be pregnant and he is 100% a boy.
    bruh-teen.png

Bruh has been having this problem with inviting friends over. They always get Very Angry. I can't tell if that's the fault of the lot curses, or Horchata the cat, who likes to attack strangers. Maybe we just shouldn't try to have friends over anymore. (Bruh never did manage to have a BFF in childhood so didn't complete that aspiration)
    ashaan-angry.png

The dining hall is still a blessing. Lobster tortellini! And no one suffered nausea!
    dining-hall.png

Clark aged up to child! He rolled the Proper trait. I gave him a bowtie because well of course I did. Clark loves to listen to Dad play guitar.
    clark-enjoys-hearing-guitar.png

Horchata the cat died. Everyone was too busy reading to notice. Except Bruh.
    cat-dies-everyone-is-reading-except-bruh.png

Clark eventually came over and tried to engage Death in conversation.
    cat-dies-clark-tries-to-engage-death-in-conversation.png

All right. So now the dream-crushing.

Becca didn't do so well this term.
    grades.png

But, she did well enough to graduate.
    dreams-crushed.png

This means she will never fulfill her aspiration. She needed to earn a B or higher one term in university. But that option wasn't available last term, when she earned an A, because she was on the previous milestone of the aspiration then. So now she is stuck on this milestone forever.

Clarence has been playing with many wonderful kitties but I don't think he's going to have time to befriend 12 of them before, well... time runs out...

noooo.png

Noooooooooo

But when our dreams are crushed, one way we respond is by trying to help out the next generation. I think that will be their focus now.

gen3-banner.png