Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Is there a mod/CC for this?" thread

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Does anyone knows if "UL Degree benefits" and/or "Fewer (or More) Credit Hours For Degrees" mods work well with Nraas careers module? I'ld like to add them to my game, but only if they don't conflict...

Ok, i tried this and it works fine 👍

One more thing: i tried to download the smooth patch but the origin link is failing constantly. I tried other downloads just to make sure it wasn't my internet connection, and it isn't... is it the only mod that makes cas and bb a little faster?
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    @texxx78 Hmm, check the instructions again? The mod works with Origin, but may need administrator privileges in some cases, depending where you have your files.
    In NRaas MasterController, you have the options to go to CAS settings and collapse the categories (all color swatches of an item in the category clothes, hair and accessories, all handled separately, are bundled in a single entry). At least for me, this makes a big difference.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Turjan once again, thank you very much for your availability and your insightful recommendations! I had no idea that master controller could do that. I'm gonna try that first.

About the smooth patch, i can't even download it. When i click in the origin download link to download it, it says "download failed - connection error", but it's not my internet connection. I've tried to download the steam one and the download worked fine. But i haven't used it, cause my game was bought through origin, although i play it offline... i don't understand much, but i think i should use the origin link...?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Can't seem to find a good looking/hq hijab cc for sims 3, anyone knows any?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Anyone know if there's a mod for doing college online? Like Uni classes?
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    On the rare occasion, I'll get random events happen at my SIms job that force them to make a decision (like taking the fall for something or not; taking money or not, etc). I'd LOVE to have a mod that increases these random events.
  • D3xt3r249D3xt3r249 Posts: 12 New Member
    Is there a tool for creating cars? Like a model importer or something as I really want some cars but they have yet to be made for the game.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited November 2021
    izecson wrote: »

@izecson: procrasimnation on Tumblr had a bunch back in the day before she deleted her blog/remade/moved to TS4/etc. but she gave me the go ahead to reupload what hijabs (and other content) of hers I had. There are a few missing but it's a start. I can vouch for their quality, she was a great TS3 creator.

She even compiled a WCIF post of other hijabs, thankfully reblogged by a blog that's still up.

ChazyBazzy also converted a hijab from candysims4.

EDIT: I think this is the last of them, but hijabs by aanhamdan converted to TS3 by carversims. These aren't Maxis Match if that matters, but it covers more styles.
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    Another mod I'd love is randomized traits. I see that the traits are only randomly selected if you haven't had a good pregnancy or if the Sims' upbringing was bad, but I'd love for that to just be automatically randomly chosen. I tend to go for the same traits so it'd be fun for that to be taken out of my hands.
  • TheSimmxrTheSimmxr Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay~ so. I am looking for any cc sites catered to children/teens specifically. I've seen sketchbookpixels, Nature Collective, and Mini outfitters already.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @TheSimmxr: more "Maxis Match" than those three and not very specific but Sweetdevil and kentconverts do a lot of clothing conversions for teens and some for children. I promised a friend of mine I'd reupload (and fix) some kids' items by All About Style and littlecat/editsim that got lost to time and never did. Take what I linked and hold that thought for later...
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Anybody know of cc "blue roses"? Need some for the garden flower box out front of the house.
    AVvXsEi06iHrm5SP7i-qNKZbiUF4upV190TYpxSWRJ-ygdPYL4XYUCgyaejfxunSubmuSUO_87e2FEXUHfSfZh_J5HPcCDX-qLVEdac3kc8WAwJuor2z5IBGqPbjFcP2UieJFOjOwmgnyhDRXZzvGpGsOm6oGfhAsWeUkqdXIjElzC1Trdy2W9UFo15oS8JzCw
    Wanted something other than pink, orange, red and white roses for a change, purple and blue would be nice.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a mod or cc for family portraits. I would love something like RAVASHEEN's Modern Family Portrait for the Sims 4 but made for the Sims 3. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 6 New Member
    Is there a mod for slower energy need decay?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Adi - NRaas Relativity can manage that, but it may be more of a mod than you are looking for. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Is there a mod that allows time to move the same in China, Egypt, France, University and Oasis Landing as your home world? Example you leave at 5am Tuesday in Spring and arrive in France at 6am on Tuesday in Spring. Your vacation is 6 days long. You leave France at 5am Monday in Spring and Arrive home at 6am Monday in Spring. Everyone is 6 days older when you return.?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @TeeSea - Not exactly. The issue there is that the TS3 game engine can only simulate one world at a time. The ones that are not being actively played in are held frozen in states of suspended animation until gameplay returns there -- you can also see this by looking at the nhd files for each foreign world within a save and noting that their modification dates/times never change while they are suspended.

NRaas Traveler allows foreign world aging to take place while gameplay in in a homeworld as a by-world option if the player wants that, but not in vacation or uni modes. In those cases, the entire aging manager is shut down and that can't really be worked around. The way Traveler manages foreign world aging is that sims in the foreign world get one sim day added to their ages each night at midnight with the pending aging data held in the TravelDB file. Once the world (or sims) are simulated again, they will catch up to their pending ages. Age stage age-ups (birthdays) and deaths from old age, when appropriate, will also begin to be processed. But again, none of this can happen during a vacation. Visits to the future by way of ITF are handled differently by the game itself, though.

Traveler also allows, again by mod option, for some minor forms of progression to have happened while homeworld (but not vacation or uni) gameplay is elsewhere. This doesn't really take place, when the option is engaged, until the world is visited again.

The day of the week/time of any world cannot be manipulated by mods without breaking gameplay in TS3. There is a mod that can do this, but it's only meant for setting up time of day photos and scene recordings that require sunlight/night time, etc. and it comes with a bazillion warnings to not save the game afterwards or try to use it to really manipulate time. Seasons can be adjusted, but for those the player only needs to do a testingchetsenabled shift-click on the ground to change the current season.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor
    Thank you so much explaining to why it doesn’t work. I already use most of NRaas’ mods.
    You’ve saved my game so many times. Thank you for all you do! :)
    Is there a cheat or mod that unlocks all locked and hidden CAS items? Just the stuff that you would unlock by completing a hidden achievement or for careers and stuff like that.
    and
    A baby shower mod that can be co-ed or all female or all male?
    Thank you in advance!
    Is there a mod that stops food and/or drinks from spoiling?
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited January 2022
    Delete. I thought this thread was about TS4.
    Post edited by dearie_blossom on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited January 2022
    Delete. I thought this thread was about TS4.
    Post edited by dearie_blossom on
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2022
    e7QUody.jpg
    Looking for a "single" door version of this...if there is one. The single door version...is going on the doctor's office door leading to the lab (inside the bunker). Got to have an infirmary.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    izecson wrote: »

@izecson I have this since a few years back, I think I got it on MTS...

tgw01-29-12.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    tgw01-29-381.jpg?w=1000&h=600

NymlADp.jpg