Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you prefer new packs or game improvements?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Other...
    There needs to be a balance. I want the packs that exist to get a 'refresh' if you will. I would enjoy them adding a true singing career, complete with the ability for singer Sims to receive Accolades without it having to be a chance thing, for instance. But, at the same time I won't scoff at new packs. Much can be added to this game. But, they should fix and add new stuff in balance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
    Really, I'm happy to wait for them to add more to the base game. I would gladly purchase new packs (if my parents say yes, that is) but my main focus are on the pack refreshes, especially Dine Out, Get Famous, Bowling Night Stuff and Outdoor Retreat. Otherwise the game will need some more gameplay elements in the base game.

(Side note: finally, I reached 15 posts and now I can create my own threads! There was some things I REALLY wanted to ask others here)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'd prefer it if they focused on new content. There are new packs I want to see more than updates
    I certainly won't say 'no' to free content, but I'm rather disappointed if we're really not getting a new EP for end of the year. The bugs don't bother me all that much.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
    The simulation is still as shallow as a puddle compared to 2 and 3 and there's a whole pile of annoying bugs that have built up over the years. They mostly aren't game breaking, but they should be fixed.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Other...
    I would like new content more so than BG updates, but am okay with the kits and refreshes in the mean time.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
    > @Brd709 said:
    > I'd like to see some building updates added to the base game such as more terrain tools and make it so the terrain blends in with the walls when risen instead of seeing a huge gap around the walls and the raised terrain.

If we keep buying these packs, EA will NEVER put out TS5. So no more packs EA. It's been 4 years since TS4 came out. Time for TS5?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I would like to see better whims, improved personalities, and more consequences for Sims' actions.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Fix the game, fix the game, FIX. THE. GAME.

There are much smaller devs with much smaller budgets with plenty-complex worlds (looks squarely at SCS Software and the Truck Simulator franchise) who balance this exceptionally well. No reason a company as big as EA can't do it and still make a dandy profit for their money-hungry shareholders.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Other...
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have to pick. They should have a team working on fixes, team working on new content, team working on quick updates, stuff pack and game pack team etc.... This is EA not some Indie dev team that we need to be patient with. Just my opinion though...

Honestly this ^

Besides I don’t see them “fixing” core issues with the game. They’ve added a few new swatches and patched in content from dlc for free. This is cosmetic and not really addressing the huge bugs and problems people actually have with the game.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    If they intend to keep the game going without Sims 5, it needs more core gameplay soul, not dlcs. The list of to-do packs every simmer expects of them is already past, so this is the time to do it. Improve the foundation before building more upon it.

Also, I played Sims 2, I have a high level of comparison for base gameplay lol Can't help it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
    Not only do I prefer seeing updates, I'd think it ought to be something they do for one quarter every two years - look back and bring things together more.

This round of it, being something they've not done much of before, will take more than a single quarter to go through if properly done. But in future it should be a regular part of the schedule. And also something Sims 5 adopts when the time comes for that.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other...
    Priority 1 - fix the bloody game already! Entirely too much is glitchy or broken altogether, much of it for years.
    Priority 2 - Periodic new meaningful content. There are a lot of things a lot of simmers have been asking for, often since launch. Surely at least some of them are doable.

Right now we seem to be getting neither, which suggests EA is weary of TS4 and is preparing to leave it - and us - behind in the dust.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
    If the updates were good then yes but a lot of the patches and updates we are getting are nothing amazing. The last decent one I think was bunk beds. Sentiments I think are rubbish and I don’t like the sound of the scenarios. I’d rather we have more packs even if it’s stuff and game packs. This year seems not that great in terms of dlc and basegame updates.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The core game needs to get fixed, otherwise anything else added will just be worthless.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
    Ashtro wrote: »
    Hii My name is Ashley, as an Astrologist and a 15 yr Sim Fanatic, I decided to have some fun and put two of my favorite things together! Here’s a brief sample, what do you guys think so far?!

Zodiac Pack!- “SIMOLOGY MEETS ASTROLOGY”

NEW CONTENT- Created by -Ashley Willis

Create-A-Sim
    -New trait options associated with each Zodiac Sign
    -Zodiac Tattoos
    -A New Shirt option with the 12 zodiac symbols
    +MORE

Build-A-Mode
    -Astrological bookshelf. -"Read About"{Gemini} [Prompts random fact about that sign]
    -Small Statues of each zodiac sign
    - Zodiac Symbols Posters
    + MORE

Interactions
    -“What’s Your Sign”
    -“Get To Know” a Libra, Pisces etc..
    -Date-A-Sim
    -Blind Dates…(Go on Date with a Leo)
    +MORE

Careers
    -Astrologer
    -Matchmaker
    +MORE

Add-ons to existing prompts
    Add Zodiac Facts on Loading Screen
    Serial Romantic- Go on date with each member of the zodiac
    +MORE

I have been working on this project for some time and have much more content to share on it.
    It would be an absolute dream to help EA and Maxis make it into an Expansion Pack!
    For All Astrology Lovers to Enjoy!
    Any suggestions or feedback on how to best go about this is greatly appreciated!
    Created by -Ashley Willis -Astrologist
    IG: Ashtro_Healing
    Email:ashtrohealing@gmail.com

Ugh, go away. "Your" ideas are not original and have already been put forward by both simmers and Maxis. There was a matchmaker and zodiac signs in TS2 and we have dates and blind dates in TS4.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If refreshing base game and older assets is needed, in order to allow stable development of future content, and address long-standing issues inherited from earlier efforts, then I am happy to be patient. In any case, we were told quite plainly earlier this year that the rest of the 2021 road-map was mostly about polishing base game and refreshing older content. This thread seems like a sneaky way of complaining about the decision that the studio has already made.
  • Options
    JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I think the Sims team needs to focus on fixing the game, because it's got bugs, bugs and more bugs. I'm also on board with base game updates and pack refreshes. It's hard to play a game that doesn't function the way it should.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Ashtro wrote: »
    Hii My name is Ashley, as an Astrologist and a 15 yr Sim Fanatic, I decided to have some fun and put two of my favorite things together! Here’s a brief sample, what do you guys think so far?!

Zodiac Pack!- “SIMOLOGY MEETS ASTROLOGY”

NEW CONTENT- Created by -Ashley Willis

Create-A-Sim
    -New trait options associated with each Zodiac Sign
    -Zodiac Tattoos
    -A New Shirt option with the 12 zodiac symbols
    +MORE

Build-A-Mode
    -Astrological bookshelf. -"Read About"{Gemini} [Prompts random fact about that sign]
    -Small Statues of each zodiac sign
    - Zodiac Symbols Posters
    + MORE

Interactions
    -“What’s Your Sign”
    -“Get To Know” a Libra, Pisces etc..
    -Date-A-Sim
    -Blind Dates…(Go on Date with a Leo)
    +MORE

Careers
    -Astrologer
    -Matchmaker
    +MORE

Add-ons to existing prompts
    Add Zodiac Facts on Loading Screen
    Serial Romantic- Go on date with each member of the zodiac
    +MORE

I have been working on this project for some time and have much more content to share on it.
    It would be an absolute dream to help EA and Maxis make it into an Expansion Pack!
    For All Astrology Lovers to Enjoy!
    Any suggestions or feedback on how to best go about this is greatly appreciated!
    Created by -Ashley Willis -Astrologist
    IG: Ashtro_Healing
    Email:ashtrohealing@gmail.com

That's not really a fully fleshed out concept to warrant a whole EP for it.
  • Options
    Lotusflower6Lotusflower6 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd prefer it if they focused on new content. There are new packs I want to see more than updates
    Is it just me that has problem with Back to work and Dine Out? They are extremely glitchy and buggy. I also miss the private detective career from Sims 3. I hope that EA will fix them. I also wonder why the nifty knitting pack didn´t include sewing and making clothes? Some new content would also be nice. But we will have to wait for that until next year.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'd love to see both. Not sure if they have a division for just the base game, and another division for new packs and kits.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    I would love to see new careers and for those that have disabilities like me if physical and mental and also illnesses and birth defects be added in the game I see a lot of comment on twitter under the sims community asking for this! im not the only one!
  • Options
    gtlgsgtlgs Posts: 1 New Member
    There are some major issues I have with the core game that I just feel are vastly more important than any new content we might get. Idk if it seems small to some but I don't know why we don't make more noise about the gallery filters being INTENTIONALLY inclusive instead of inclusive???? It means that BY DESIGN anybody who doesn't have every single pack can only find base-game only builds and sims to download. It really saddens me that I literally cannot use the gallery because I cannot find builds that use only the packs I own. This sort of thing, in my opinion, should be addressed long before any new content. There are a tonne more things tbh but that's what affects my gameplay most atm!