Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which premade townies in Sims 4 do you think should be in Sims 5?

I always see people talking about townies in previous Sims game that they want to return so it makes me wonder what townies from the Sims 4 would people be asking for when Sims 5 comes around?
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The usual Landgraabs of course also Goths, Villareals, Pancakes and Calientes
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    None. If I had my way, there would never be pre-made sims for any new packs or games. But if I can't have that, I'd rather they start with brand new sims in a brand new game.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    No premades from previous iterations.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited October 2021
    I was making a long list

until I just realized I'd want all of them
    and I be better off just playing ts4 :lol:

I have made and planned so many stories between the households that I am not willing to let go of

and itd just break my heart if for example they added vlad but they didn't add judith or something like noooo :bawling: they belong together *desperately trying to keep the ship from sinking*

I guess in that way it would be good if they just started fresh tbh with new families new lore cause then theres no lore errors or problems of having this household but not that household

and there also isn't the whole chaos of premades from 4 games trying to include everyone anyone ever loved :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited October 2021
    Apart from the classics, like the Landgraabs and the Goths and the Calientes I think they should include...

Tina Tinker and Knox Greenburg, I think these two should be included in some way, they come over and visit the player when you have problems with broken items or if your house is dirty and I like that, it creates more gameplay and events. And they seem to be pretty popular in the community.

Becca Clarke, Julia Wright and Cameron Fletcher, they could be involved with the university gameplay features if there will be any.

Penny Pizzaz, she kinda introduced you to using social media in City Living, she could have some role doing that in the future.

Miko Ojo, Akira Kibo and Darling Walsh, they could introduce you to the city life, or just hang around at clubs or at gyms.

Vlad, he seems to be popular in the community, and the sims5 will probably have vampires at some point.

I'm not sure if these count but I wouldn't mind seeing some sims from the reboot too that Maxis shared on the gallery, particularly Mia Hayes and Dela Ostrow who I think showcased freelance jobs pretty well.

I think Maxis made some great sims when they showcased some packs too: Like Hina K and Patina Wainscot.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Depends on whether they decide to continue the premades' stories or start them at the same point where we meet them in Sims 4. I don't want Maxis to come up with canon developments for my favorites, I already didn't like that in Sims 2 with Brandi Broke/Newbie.

But if we could get our favorites at the same starting point they are in Sims 4, then please give me:
    From Basegame: June Kay, Amber Stein, Armand Diaggro, Johnny Zest, maybe also the BFF
    From Windenburg: The Villareal, the Renegades (including the two from the trailer), the Behr sisters, the Good Timers (including the ones from the trailer)
    From San Myshuno: Danny Shino-Miller, Jordan Mayer
    From Strangerville: George Cahill, Erwin Pries
    From Britechester: Julia Wright

Notice a pattern? The trailer sims left much more of an impression on my than the official premades. And that is strange, because I tend to hate the trailers themselves, but the sims in them did strike a chord.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The sims in sims 4 that seem popular that (I think) are new to the series are:

The Pancakes - almost as iconic as the goths. Everyone hates Eliza and everyone loves Bob. They also seem to have a son izzy. They are always in trailers too.

Vlad - he is one of the most popular ones out of all of them.

Akira kibo

Penny pizzazz

Makoa kealoha - I've seen a lot of people gush about his looks lol.

The Vatore siblings

Dirk dreamer

The Bailey-moons - They just seem to be an interesting couple and a lot of people seem to like them

Knox greenburg - He is a unique looking sim and he is also in Sims mobile

Michael bell - He's just an interesting little hobbit/non-hobbit
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    I think the classics, definitely. It’s not The Sims without The Goths, Landgraabs, and Calientes. The only family from Sims 4 that seem to have reached that same level of iconic status are the Pancakes, so I would definitely want them in base game in Sims 5. Throw in Candy Behr and The Fengs for some spice. I’d also like to see the return of the Alto family from Sims 3.

As for packs, I would like to see Nalani return for an island/mermaid pack. Supernaturals should include Vlad, Guidry and Morgyn in some context. I don’t remember strong premade personalities in the Sims 3 Supernatural, so having that in Sims 4 has made this aspect of the game more fun to me.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    edited November 2021

Notice a pattern? The trailer sims left much more of an impression on my than the official premades. And that is strange, because I tend to hate the trailers themselves, but the sims in them did strike a chord.

I think there’s truth to this with me, too. Sims that are featured in the trailers automatically have additional personality appeal when I encounter them in game.

(Sorry for the double post)
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Don Lothario. His romantic ways should be allowed to continue.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited November 2021
    Bring back the Hatfield, McCoy, Roomies, Jones, Maximus and Snooty Patooty families from Sims 1. They completely vanished from the game after that (The last 3 were able to be downloaded from the old Sims 1 Exchange website). Also, the Brokes, Pleasants, Burbs, Goths, Calientes, etc from Sims 2. I don't remember any from Sims 3. These are just the ones I would want to continue in the series.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Peral wrote: »

The Landgraabs, Goths, Villareals, Pancakes, Calientes, Fengs, BFF's (Travis, Liberty Lee, and Summer Holiday) are not Townies. They are households. A townie is a sim that has no home. Like the mailman or maid. The most famous one is the unkillable, never will she die, immortal Alex Moyer. But it's cool that you ask the question about who should be in TS5. I'd say all of the usual suspects mentioned above including Alex Moyer who as I write this post is my eternal love buddy. Lol
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Lothario, Goths, Landgraabs, Pancakes (I guess they've become iconic too), Vlad, Morgyn, Julia Wright...
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I don‘t like any of them tbh. Maybe the good looking guys for eye candy, e.g. Akira Kibo, Salim Benali.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited March 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    I don‘t like any of them tbh. Maybe the good looking guys for eye candy, e.g. Akira Kibo, Salim Benali.

Have you played the Sims 2? I feel like it's impossible to spend time in that game and NOT feel connected to at least one of the families.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    Goth, Caliente, Lothario, Broke, Pleasant, Beaker, Specter, Smith
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    All the ones from Sims 2 is my wish in every game. I make them myself if they're not there. I also really like the Vatore Vampires and the Pancakes.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

I find it interesting that Landgraab is your first family when they were only added as recently as the Sims 3

Actually, there was a Landgraab in Sims 2, but he was introduced in an expansion pack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

I find it interesting that Landgraab is your first family when they were only added as recently as the Sims 3

Actually, there was a Landgraab in Sims 2, but he was introduced in an expansion pack.

And predates the Sims, given that Malcolm Landgraab appears in SimCity 3000 (looking completely different to later iterations) as well as the Console spinoff games where he got the most character progression.

Have you played the Sims 2? I feel like it's impossible to spend time in that game and NOT feel connected to at least one of the families.

Honestly, I never gelled with Pleasantview. I found it really disheartening they decided to essentially kill off everyone we knew and loved from TS1, and replace them with their trashy children, engaged in trashy soap opera drama (seriously the only people in a healthy relationship in Pleasantview weren't even living in Pleasantview). Not to mention they made the single most popular character from Ts1 unplayable as part of a alien mystery storyline.

Side note, but I feel Bella Goth is the Peter Parker of the Sims lore. Peter Parker (Spider-man) is Marvel's comics most popular character without a doubt - and rivals Batman in popularity in comics overall. However, it is obvious editorial does not want any meaningful change of status quote, any any change is usually reverted shortly afterwards so he feels "relatable". This means him being single, under 30, broke and living with roommates, operating anonymously as Spider-man with an ailing Aunt May in the background. This lead to what is considered the worst comic storyline ever - One Day More - where a married, successful Peter Parker sacrifices his marriage to Mary Jane, and his first born child to the devil in order to save the life of his dying Aunt May who was shot because Spider-man's identity was known - this erased decades worth of storyline and character development because parenthood and marriage was seen by the head of Marvel comics as ageing him too much and being too unrelatable to younger readers.

I sort of see this with Bella, they are always concerned with not deviating too far from status quo, she always has to be adult or younger (despite literally everyone else dying from old age, even her fresh out of college brother Michael dies of old age 25 years later - seriously why did they add a hard number of years to a game that doesn't operate in hard numbers?), so anything that "preserves" her, her appearance is prioritised. They don't want to age her up to elder, they don't want to kill her off.

However, saying that, I would personally prefer if they returned to older lore in the timeline, ie, between 1 and 2, where the family founding fathers (like Bob and Betty Newbie, Jeff and Diane Pleasant, Brad and Tiffany Burb) are still alive, and move past the era of meme boss Nancy Landgraab and return Malcolm to centre stage, perhaps with Dudley and Mimi, and an ex wife to boot, plus the drama obsessed folks can have teenage Calientes.

In terms of characters that were introduced in TS4, Judith Ward just has to return in a TS5 fame pack, along with a chain of ex husbands, lovers and maybe even an estranged child or two.

Know and his mothers would be a welcome return too, but only if we have suitable eco stuff in the game or pack they come in.

Controversial opinion, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Mother Plant again.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    4 has a lot of good townies in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pancakes, the Landgraabs (Sims 4 version not Sims 3), the Vatores, the Fengs, the Behrs, Vlad, Nalani, Miko Ojo, etc make a return. Plus the Goths and Calientes, but a version closer to the Sims 2
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    definitely not Eliza pancakes
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    All the staples of the series: Goths, Landgraabs, Calientes/Don Lothario... And maybe some other familiar faces, like the Newbies, the Curious brothers, the Pleasants, and the Beakers.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    "Should" or "shouldn't" isn't really relevant for this for me. Who I'd like to see or wouldn't like to see... I don't mind. It's not important. Whoever the creators want to put into their game is fine by me.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I just recently did a project in my current game where I choose which premade households I considered iconic/recognizable enough that I set them as "Ancestral" in MCCC so that their household lineage would be guaranteed to continue and stay in the same home no matter how long and how many generations I play in this game.
    Essentially, my choices are pretty much my answer to this because they represent the families whose family names I quickly recognize and whose back stories I immediately recall on sight of the name.

Here's the one's I picked, excluding those I chose specifically for the purpose of cultural representation only:
    • Goth
    • Pancakes
    • Caliente
    • Lothario
    • Landgraab
    • Fyres
    • Villareal
    • Behr
    • Ojo
    • Feng
    • Vatore
    • Count Vladislaus Straud IV
    • Ward
    • Cahill
    • Roswell
    • Charm
    • Pleasant
    • Tinker
    • Dreamer
    • Broke
    • Beaker
    • Summerdream

Just for the sake of completeness, here's all of the families that were in the running listed by which TS4 world they started in (if any):
    EA Premade Families:

Tartosa:
    • Laurents - Thebe Estate
    • Markovic - The Old Wood Nectary
    Willow Creek:
    • Spencer-Kim-Lewis: Cypress Terrace
    • Goth -- Ophelia Villa
    • Pancakes -- Pique Hearth
    • BFF -- Garden Essence
    Oasis Springs:
    • Caliente -- Sultry Springside
    • Landgraab -- Affluista Mansion
    • Zest -- Slipshod Mesquite
    • Roomies -- Cacti Casa
    Newcrest:
    • None – Empty World
    Magnolia Promenade:
    • No Residential
    Windenburg:
    • Munch -- Coorinberg Cottage
    • Free Spirits -- Cottage Am See
    • Fyres -- Dresden House
    • Bjergsen -- The Lighthouse
    • Bro -- Dock Den
    • Villareal -- Von-Windenburg Estate
    • Partihaus -- Factory One
    • Behr -- Waterlock Redoubt
    San Myshuno:
    • Karaoke Legends -- 701 ZenView
    • Pizzazz -- 1312 21 Chic Street
    • Lobo -- 1020 Alto Apartments
    • Feng -- IX Landgraab
    • Rasoya -- 20 Culpepper House
    • Bheeda -- 2A Jasmine Suites
    • Benali – 910 Medina Studios
    • Jang -- 121 Hakim House
    Forgotten Hollow:
    • Vatore -- Wolfsbane Manor
    • Count Vladislaus Straud IV -- Straud Mansion
    Brindleton Bay:
    • Hecking -- It's A Good House
    • Lynx -- Catscratch Cottage
    • Delgato -- Chateau Frise
    Del Sol Valley:
    • Jeong -- Upland Place
    • Bailey-Moon -- Bailey-Moon Manor
    • Ward -- The Ward Den
    Strangerville:
    • Sigworth -- Riverside Grove
    • Cahill -- Old Penelope
    • Roswell -- StrangerVille Overlook
    • Eclectic Arts Household -- Dream Weavers Way
    Sulani:
    • Ngata -- Reef Finery
    • Kahananui -- Journey's End
    • Hoapili -- Chieftain's Villa
    • Kealoha -- Kin-Ship
    Glimmerbrook:
    • Charm Family -- Rock Ridge Canyon
    • Amicable Acolytes -- Creek Side Corner
    Britechester:
    • Elderberry -- Spring Steppes
    • Pleasant -- Mossy Lane
    • Best of Friends -- Wyvern Hall
    • Fletcher -- Briny Tower
    Evergreen Harbor:
    • Harris -- Miner Mansion
    • Greenburg -- The Portsmouth Promenade
    • Tinker -- Pigulock Manor
    • Sterling Rico -- The Old Mill
    Mt. Komorebi:
    • Nishidake -- 5-6-1 Shinrinyoku
    • Akiyama -- 5-3-1 Shinrinyoku
    • Ito -- 2-5-1 Wakabamori
    Henford-On-Bagley:
    • Moody & McMillian -- 14 Nettle Lane
    • Watson Family -- Olde Mill Hill
    • New Start (Cecilia Kang) -- 4 Olde Mill Lane
    • Scott -- 3 Cobblebottom Street
    Not In Worlds:
    • Moyer
    • Jaleel
    • Soto
    • Mahi’ai
    • Iona
    • Hekekia
    • Uha
    • Bell
    • Chopra
    • Goldbloom
    • Sages
    • Cho
    • Dreamer
    • Broke
    • Alto
    • Favulous
    • Flemming
    • Baby Ariel
    • Mayor Whiskers (cat)
    • Whitaker (dog ghost)
    • Bhamra
    • Fen
    • Jabari
    • McKinnon
    • Psyded (Ghost)
    • Father Winter
    • Giordano (Gallery)
    • Bougie Duo household (Gallery)
    • Zhao (Gallery)
    • Parikh (Gallery)
    • Flynn (Gallery)
    • Peterson (Gallery)
    • Keye (Gallery)
    • Simmons (Gallery)
    • Climate (Gallery)
    • Fair-weather Friends (Gallery)
    • Frights (Gallery)
    • Beaker (Gallery)
    • Specter (Gallery)
    • Newbie (Gallery)
    • Grunt (Gallery)
    • Smith (Gallery)
    • Capp (Gallery)
    • Broke (Gallery)
    • Summerdream (Gallery)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods