Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I can't answer this yet. Paralives looks pretty great so far. If anything it will be a great building similar, but hopefully the gameplay will turn out just as good.

The Sims 5 hasn't been revealed, so no solid answer on it yet. Although the rumors of it being an always online, service game certainly turns me off.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Did they 'borrow' Maxis Sims to be placeholders? Because these two move around and grunt and act tired or frustrated (seen in the video) like our Sims do when they want to go on into a house. He rubs his neck, shrugs etc. She moves around and puts her hands on her hips etc. I thought there were no animations for characters that early on. Did they borrow Maxis animations, too? I know Maxis uses placeholders (objects etc.) from their older games while developing their newer games, but I don't understand how placeholders of characters from other games work. They sure act like The Sims to me. The animations these two do look a whole lot like TS2 or TS3 Sims' animations while standing idle waiting to be let loose to live.

I believe the game is being made in Unity or Unreal, which both of them have Asset stores where you can purchase hundreds of ready to use assets for use in your game from characters, animals, animations, sounds, fx, environment assets, world maps, etc.

You can purchase characters and animations from either store to use as placeholders.

So it's possible that is what they did for these characters.

Wow, thank you for the information. So, someone could show a trailer with characters in them that we would think was an actual game but were just doing purchased animations like when I download for free FX sounds for my Sim videos from those who share those things. Which I had nothing to do with actually creating the FX sounds. Interesting how things are working out these days. It's almost like someone wouldn't even need an animator would they. I didn't need a FX sound person to have some sounds so I guess these days something can look like a game and not really be one can't it. Just rambling. I'm going to wait to see what happens with TS5 and Paralives because at this point I'm almost convinced neither are real. lol Almost like smoke and mirrors. I actually believed both games would be real but after more and more digging, I've almost convinced myself I see a lot of smoke for both. The job openings for TS5 or what fansites said would be TS5 may have all been smoke, too. Maybe there isn't a TS5, either. Maybe it's a totally different IP and we all wanted to believe it was going to be the next in the series.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2021
    Other
    The truth is TS5, Paralives, People of Newberry, Rod Humble's game, none of them exist as a playable game.
    We speculated about Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077 but none of them are the games that everybody was expected.

A lot of promises, hope and early disappointment are never the reality.

I'm sure these games won't be as fun as The Sims 2, nobody can defeat Will Wright.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Other
    There are 2 things that are very important to me: cost of product and my computer system's hardware.
    That said, I can't play most modern games because most modern games have much more demanding requirements. So, I probably can't play Paralives on this computer, until I choose to upgrade the hardware (the graphics card) or get a real gaming PC.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Other
    @LeGardePourpre Will Wright never really worked on The Sims 2. He was still at Maxis at the time, but mainly for consultation. But the real engineers of The Sims 2 were not Will Wright.

Though, I would say that The Sims 2 has a very similar playstyle to The Sims 1; it's just far more expanded than The Sims 1. You can still get that Sims 1 feel in the Sims 2, if you choose not to concentrate on the wants/fears that are so central to The Sims 2.
    edited October 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    The truth is TS5, Paralives, People of Newberry, Rod Humble's game, none of them exist as a playable game.
    We speculated about Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077 but none of them are the games that everybody was expected.

A lot of promises, hope and early disappointment are never the reality.

I'm sure these games won't be as fun as The Sims 2, nobody can defeat Will Wright.

Well, I don't know, but his vision of what a life simulator should be is probably still the best way to go if you want to build a life simulator. I know there are many things about TS3 and TS4 he would have probably thrown out of the game, and or a lot of things he would have said to expand. Like he said, a game is not the place to tell stories but let the player tell their own stories. (that would eliminate a lot of the rpgness of TS3 and TS4 right there, lol) and he felt the player should have all the tools to create whatever they want...we haven't heard a peep about world editors, world builder, CAS tools and or anything else about those things from Maxis in TS4 or even TS5 nor much about those type things either from Paralives other than a long list of promises I doubt they can fill. Unless they take another seven years to build their game at this pace. The one thing Maxis has forgotten is how much fun the failure state can be which he thought and said so, was the most interesting about playing with life. Sims failing at anything and everything was built into TS1 and TS2 maybe because he thought it was reflecting that life is not perfect. TS4 seems to have forgotten all about that. I can only hope TS5 or Paralives remember it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Did they 'borrow' Maxis Sims to be placeholders? Because these two move around and grunt and act tired or frustrated (seen in the video) like our Sims do when they want to go on into a house. He rubs his neck, shrugs etc. She moves around and puts her hands on her hips etc. I thought there were no animations for characters that early on. Did they borrow Maxis animations, too? I know Maxis uses placeholders (objects etc.) from their older games while developing their newer games, but I don't understand how placeholders of characters from other games work. They sure act like The Sims to me. The animations these two do look a whole lot like TS2 or TS3 Sims' animations while standing idle waiting to be let loose to live.

I believe the game is being made in Unity or Unreal, which both of them have Asset stores where you can purchase hundreds of ready to use assets for use in your game from characters, animals, animations, sounds, fx, environment assets, world maps, etc.

You can purchase characters and animations from either store to use as placeholders.

Wow, thank you for the information. So, someone could show a trailer with characters in them that we would think was an actual game but were just doing purchased animations like when I download for free FX sounds for my Sim videos from those who share those things. Which I had nothing to do with actually creating the FX sounds. Interesting how things are working out these days. It's almost like someone wouldn't even need an animator would they. I didn't need a FX sound person to have some sounds so I guess these days something can look like a game and not really be one can't it. Just rambling. I'm going to wait to see what happens with TS5 and Paralives because at this point I'm almost convinced neither are real. lol Almost like smoke and mirrors. I actually believed both games would be real but after more and more digging, I've almost convinced myself I see a lot of smoke for both. The job openings for TS5 or what fansites said would be TS5 may have all been smoke, too. Maybe there isn't a TS5, either. Maybe it's a totally different IP and we all wanted to believe it was going to be the next in the series.

Except everything shown so far was made from scratch by their modelers, animators, and programmers, even if they're using Unity
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I honestly wait for a new Life Simulator. Which includes really immersive Gameplay and realistic Graphics.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Except everything shown so far was made from scratch by their modelers, animators, and programmers, even if they're using Unity

Well, that's not exactly true. The two Sims standing in a vacant lot are not created by them, they are borrowed. The lot they are standing in (the world) is not created by them, it's borrowed. The animations those two Sims do in that same video are not theirs, they are borrowed. Anyone who isn't on Discord or even a patron etc. wouldn't know any of that and would just assume, wow, that game looks great look at those Sims and the world and the animations..but they are very much Maxis familiar.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Well, that's not exactly true. The two Sims standing in a vacant lot are not created by them, they are borrowed. The lot they are standing in (the world) is not created by them, it's borrowed. The animations those two Sims do in that same video are not theirs, they are borrowed. Anyone who isn't on Discord or even a patron etc. wouldn't know any of that and would just assume, wow, that game looks great look at those Sims and the world and the animations..but they are very much Maxis familiar.

And where exactly is your source for that? Sure, Unity and other engines have asset stores, but Alex hired a bunch of talented people who made all these things from scratch, and here you are just 💩ing on all the effort they've put into these things in the last few months.

It seems like you're just here to throw around baseless accusations because things look a certain way to you. FPS games like COD and Medal of Honor look similar to each other. Does that mean one of them ripped off animations or assets from the other, even in their marketing materials?

Do you even realize that taking assets from an existing property and using them in your marketing is copyright infringement? No developer is going to be unwise enough to rip off from a huge company, because that'll open them to a huge lawsuit
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I am all in got any new life simulator, something to give me hope like Monster Hunter Stories did for me after Pokemon burned me out of monster collecting games.

Will paralives be that? Now... That is the trick question. I am of the opinion they should have aimed lower, made things more manageable for an indie team, avoid promising too much and deliver a game that add things in an incremental manner, get involved in the actual industry and so on.

But if it works out for them, hey I will be happy with whatever game we get really.
    edited October 2021

And where exactly is your source for that? Sure, Unity and other engines have asset stores, but Alex hired a bunch of talented people who made all these things from scratch, and here you are just 💩ing on all the effort they've put into these things in the last few months.

It seems like you're just here to throw around baseless accusations because things look a certain way to you. FPS games like COD and Medal of Honor look similar to each other. Does that mean one of them ripped off animations or assets from the other, even in their marketing materials?

Do you even realize that taking assets from an existing property and using them in your marketing is copyright infringement? No developer is going to be unwise enough to rip off from a huge company, because that'll open them to a huge lawsuit

I was specifically speaking about the two Sims in the video a page back or so. Those are placeholders. Developers use placeholders all the time. Even Maxis. Maxis uses some of their previous things from older games as placeholders while they develop a game. They aren't part of the new game. You haven't read the entire thread and I can't blame you for not reading the entire thread but just on a page back from this one, it was stated Paralives said those were placeholders. They are not their work.

Logically speaking ( just a page back) some of us discussed how could height sliders be doing so great when at the time Alex stated it (over a year ago) because the truth is they didn't have the person on the team that worked on height sliders just recently this year and showed patron their work and problems with animations concerning height differences while using objects such as a chair.

I'm not here to dispute whether the game is real or not I originally started this thread because I believed the game was real (I saw the videos last year) and I thought TS5 was real (I read the fansites) but I have come to the conclusion neither TS5 nor Paralives are the games people think they are going to be and if they are ever released. Yes, Paralives 'hired' some people but two have already left. They didn't have an office you know this is a funded project of over 45,000 a month for over a year when they joined Patreon.

They only recently hired a programming and an animator. Or let's say two joined. The person over their new music score stated they had no idea what they were doing when they created a sound track but that is what they came up with. Talented yes, but still they had never done it before and stated they didn't know how to or what to do they shared that with people. I'm no longer believing either game is real. They probably are more than not, but there are known things like vaporware. And though I was all hyped for this game because I saw the videos and the gamechangers who are hyping it, I'm not so sure anymore, especially about the funding and other matters. I believed the two Sims in the video were Paralives game..it is not. There is something that bothers me greatly, and it's the comment 'after all we are building a house building game' that doesn't inspire confidence that it is a life simulator like The Sims.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited October 2021

I was specifically speaking about the two Sims in the video a page back or so. Those are placeholders. Developers use placeholders all the time. Even Maxis. Maxis uses some of their previous things from older games as placeholders while they develop a game. They aren't part of the new game. You haven't read the entire thread and I can't blame you for not reading the entire thread but just on a page back from this one, it was stated Paralives said those were placeholders. They are not their work.

Logically speaking ( just a page back) some of us discussed how could height sliders be doing so great when at the time Alex stated it (over a year ago) because the truth is they didn't have the person on the team that worked on height sliders just recently this year and showed patron their work and problems with animations concerning height differences while using objects such as a chair.

I'm not here to dispute whether the game is real or not I originally started this thread because I believed the game was real (I saw the videos last year) and I thought TS5 was real (I read the fansites) but I have come to the conclusion neither TS5 nor Paralives are the games people think they are going to be and if they are ever released. Yes, Paralives 'hired' some people but two have already left. They didn't have an office you know this is a funded project of over 45,000 a month for over a year when they joined Patreon.

They only recently hired a programming and an animator. Or let's say two joined. The person over their new music score stated they had no idea what they were doing when they created a sound track but that is what they came up with. Talented yes, but still they had never done it before and stated they didn't know how to or what to do they shared that with people. I'm no longer believing either game is real. They probably are more than not, but there are known things like vaporware. And though I was all hyped for this game because I saw the videos and the gamechangers who are hyping it, I'm not so sure anymore, especially about the funding and other matters. I believed the two Sims in the video were Paralives game..it is not. There is something that bothers me greatly, and it's the comment 'after all we are building a house building game' that doesn't inspire confidence that it is a life simulator like The Sims.

Ok. 1)the characters in the building video are place holders and 2)they're Dev's works not from the Unity store. But I have to agree with @icmnfrsh that you're throwing around accusations. Just because it's been over 3 years don't mean it's not real. I would love to see the improved Sebby but I can't because he's Pateron locked. I also would like to see what the other option on polls for brainstorming for the last several months which are also locked for non-Paterons. Games take time, and just because you think it's easy doesn't make it easy. Maybe you should actually go to the paralives community and not throw around accusations?

PS: There's a major difference between mobile game and dekstop PC games. Sure they might seen same but they aren't.

6adMCGP.gif
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited October 2021

@Cinebar you raise interesting questions for me.

I think it’s more how they’re managing budgets. You’re right, they are getting donations which means they have an account. The problem maybe stemming from how the money is allocated. A small indie company wouldn’t have that many departments but more people looking after a sector. Programming, graphics, music, animations etc.

If the focus is currently on the building then it makes sense to me that’s where most of the budget is being directed. This means other areas are delayed until the money is allocated there.
    Unless they have volunteers?

Another problem I envisage is that that they might have the right people but in the wrong place. It’s happened to me. I’m great on the phone but more often than not I’m stuck filing because that’s what’s needed on a particular day.
    There could be animators doing other stuff whilst they wait for the budget. They must only be able to do so much before more money is required 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I wonder if that’s why they had to use placeholders rather than actual Parafolk in the trailer.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    edited October 2021
    MadameLee wrote: »

Ok. 1)the characters in the building video are place holders and 2)they're Dev's works not from the Unity store. But I have to agree with @icmnfrsh that you're throwing around accusations. Just because it's been over 3 years don't mean it's not real. I would love to see the improved Sebby but I can't because he's Pateron locked. I also would like to see what the other option on polls for brainstorming for the last several months which are also locked for non-Paterons. Games take time, and just because you think it's easy doesn't make it easy. Maybe you should actually go to the paralives community and not throw around accusations?

PS: There's a major difference between mobile game and dekstop PC games. Sure they might seen same but they aren't.

I was part of the funders. I did get to find out things. I no longer have confidence this is a game I will want to play until they actually start showing real characters, gameplay and the 'world' they created. I love finding out how things are made, anything. I'm a history buff, I love information. While other people do other things in their life I might be researching something of how things were created. It's amazing no matter what it is. As I have said before if you want to find out some inside things it's only $3 a month and quit any time. That's hardly a bank roll if you really want to know things. And as I said those characters in the video would not be known to be placeholders if the average searcher didn't go on Discord so that's a bit misleading in the least. I want this game to be real. I want TS5= to be real. But I'm having my doubts as things pile up in one hand and less on the other.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm gonna give Sims 5 ONE chance... so, I'll likely purchase the base game at least. However, if they fail to meet my expectations for what a Sims game should be, I'm planning on dropping it entirely and moving on to another competitor. Just as I did with Rollercoaster Tycoon and SimCity. Planet Coaster and Cities Skylines are both far superior to the most recent iterations in those franchises.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited October 2021

@Cinebar you raise interesting questions for me.

I think it’s more how they’re managing budgets. You’re right, they are getting donations which means they have an account. The problem maybe stemming from how the money is allocated. A small indie company wouldn’t have that many departments but more people looking after a sector. Programming, graphics, music, animations etc.

If the focus is currently on the building then it makes sense to me that’s where most of the budget is being directed. This means other areas are delayed until the money is allocated there.
    Unless they have volunteers?

Another problem I envisage is that that they might have the right people but in the wrong place. It’s happened to me. I’m great on the phone but more often than not I’m stuck filing because that’s what’s needed on a particular day.
    There could be animators doing other stuff whilst they wait for the budget. They must only be able to do so much before more money is required 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I wonder if that’s why they had to use placeholders rather than actual Parafolk in the trailer.

To the best of my knowledge there have been no animations created for the Parafolk, yet, not even path finding for one to walk through a world on sidewalk or in a field. The concentration has been buildmode for about three years granted he didn't have a 'team' until this past year but still buildmode has been a reason some say (who were on the team at one time) is the only thing focused on for many, many months. They have stated they haven't worked on any animations for Parafolk only a few animations and some polishing on ParaMaker animations. I would prefer characters stand still in any CAS or Paramaker, myself, lol, but that is what has been told to patrons, only a few animations (but we haven't seen them) in the Paramaker because according to their updates they still have much, much more improvements to do on the 3D models.

I will add, brainstorming with those who support them is great, however, when is anyone going to see any of that monthly brainstorm ideas come to fruition? Because there is a huge, very huge backlog of ideas people shared.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2021
    In regards to the video it kinda made me laugh how everyone is screaming over the way she's moving but sims 4 sims move in such ways all the time?
    They are very expressive and make all kind of movements. Infact the hand on the chest movement looks exactly like sims 4 move.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited October 2021
    In regards to the video it kinda made me laugh how everyone is screaming over the way she's moving but sims 4 sims move in such ways all the time?
    They are very expressive and make all kind of movements. Infact the hand on the chest movement looks exactly like sims 4 move.

The problem for me is those are probably just Paramaker animations. They still haven't gotten to what they say they are working on next which would be pathfinding, interactions (animations) and gameplay. Those type of things keep getting pushed further down the line with every passing month. Being the big dreamer that I am, I would have expected more movements in that video since they dressed her up like a scare crow. Yes, they look like 'placeholder' animations, too. Also, that 'Maggie' doesn't look anything like their 'Maggie' but a placeholder prototype. A created Sim with a different cc skin is what it looks like to me. I may have been excited before, but now I'm already jaded. lol Sorry everyone, I really wanted this game to be 'real'. But I am starting to think it's a teaching, learning experiment of what's possible to do with the engine they are using. Anyone can play around with it. And lot's of people put up videos of things that are possible with it. But it never equals out to an actual game so to speak. I can only hope this will all be a game some day. ETA: Yes, the hand movement, also looks exactly like TS2 Sims' movements. Very smooth and well polished but I have seen them before somewhere else. It's great if they have learned how to animate that smoothly if they aren't also borrowed. But I want to see gameplay already. lol I just remembered! The scarecrow (pumpkin head) scary stick guy in TS2. He stands there breathing like that once the 'gameplay' kicks in. Very familiar, object animation. Hmm
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2021
    The graphics are too basic for me, like going back to Sims 1. I'm not holding out for the launch because they mention Sims too much in their ads and that means EA can sue them and stop it launching. It's all "unlike Sims games you can do this". Me, I'll buy whatever looks good to me at the time. I do think this Paralives might never happen though die to legal issues and if the graphics stay as bad as they look, I don't see them outselling EA and Maxis any time soon.

That's really petty if they actually market it that way considering it's Sims fans that are funding their entire operation lol.

I see nothing petty about my comment, I gave my opinion like everyone else.
    edited October 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.

I don't think Maxis is worried about Paralives.

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D

I wasn't going to comment. But 1)Alex said he will never "sell out" to any big companies. and 2)the only people they're protyping for is VIEWERS LIKE YOU who can pay to see the stuff that the rest of us would like to see. 3)you do know it takes more then 3 years to make a game espically a game as advance as Alex and 7 other Devs are making? When they're going to be combing 2 parts of Sims 3 (Open World+CreateAstyle), plus stuff from the Sims 2 (family relationships) plus the fact they're going to make it easy to MOD the game unlike the headache of the Sims games and there's 4) you do know there's several different types of players? There's people who will spend hours in CAS (or Paramaker), then there's those who spend ages building. And I bet Paralives' will be the best they'll even be able to have walk-out basements-when has the sim ever had that? Not to mention we get: seasons/holidays, pets (er only cats&dogs and horses) in the base game and we knew with the sims that those are EPs

You do know that if parts of sims 3 and parts of sims 2 are combined that EA will have them shut down in court for plagiarism, right? I had walk out basements in Sims 3 before they had the actual basement tool.
    edited October 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.

I don't think Maxis is worried about Paralives.

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D

I wasn't going to comment. But 1)Alex said he will never "sell out" to any big companies. and 2)the only people they're protyping for is VIEWERS LIKE YOU who can pay to see the stuff that the rest of us would like to see. 3)you do know it takes more then 3 years to make a game espically a game as advance as Alex and 7 other Devs are making? When they're going to be combing 2 parts of Sims 3 (Open World+CreateAstyle), plus stuff from the Sims 2 (family relationships) plus the fact they're going to make it easy to MOD the game unlike the headache of the Sims games and there's 4) you do know there's several different types of players? There's people who will spend hours in CAS (or Paramaker), then there's those who spend ages building. And I bet Paralives' will be the best they'll even be able to have walk-out basements-when has the sim ever had that? Not to mention we get: seasons/holidays, pets (er only cats&dogs and horses) in the base game and we knew with the sims that those are EPs

You do know that if parts of sims 3 and parts of sims 2 are combined that EA will have them shut down in court for plagiarism, right? I had walk out basements in Sims 3 before they had the actual basement tool.

There is nothing to sue over, yet. Big companies also sell their own animations to others. Unity has animations for sale which developers of any type of game can buy and add to their codes/development. The Unity community is an interesting place to visit and read about sharing things. It's free to anyone who wants to use their engine. I went over to see what can be purchased in animations. Interesting. EA can't sue over life simulation if it's not their Sims, their objects, their worlds. But one company did 'borrow' EA's property and they did get sued. But they counter sued because EA had 'borrowed' some of their games, too. A back and forth court case. Both had to end whatever they were doing, which is a very long story. Maxis isn't worried about Paralives, because there is nothing to worry about. Para means alongside .. tools to work alongside something? Maybe. I would be interested in knowing why they named their 'game' Paralives. It has many meanings but in my opinion I think it means 'Alongside'.
    I am very pleased with the progress that Paralives is making. Paterons do get more news, so maybe more public announcements would help?!

I don’t see why they have to rush something out. Today’s world is so much about getting things so quickly. It’s great to see something take time to develop. Even if the launch date is 2022, that’s not far off.

I’m trying hard not to compare it to Sims. They both must be different games.

I think most of us in this thread want another life simulator from different companies rather than just one from Maxis. Nothing wrong with that. People could have several and play them all from different companies.

I don't think fans thought it would be another Sim game but Paralives are the people who made a very long, long list of things that would be in their game which is exactly like The Sims franchise if they include all those things.

They made those promises and said confirmed on their website. Patrons who support them have yet to actually see much at all of that list. It's no wonder people think their game will be like The Sims since they made those confirmations months and months ago.

Yes, I can see from the updates they send to patrons they are a different game, which is good but they said all those things on their list were confirmed. The recent update only gave a laundry list of things they had been working on recently and it has nothing to do with live mode nor anytime soon. It's great they are taking their time but if you only stay in one lane and don't start to focus on gameplay at some point people will wonder are they building a game and or are people just paying for news of what they do. That is what the site is about over there. People pay creators to give them some news about what they did. They can charge in advance, monthly and or for each Post. It makes some feel maybe they are just paying for a post every week rather than seeing actual progress. I can tell someone I did this and this and this these past few months but until I show them, they might not believe me. I really wanted this game when I watched the game changer talk about all the build mode possibilities and did support them. However, after understanding what we pay (it does not fund a game it funds posts) I might have to reconsider. If they have worked on any live mode gameplay they aren't telling patrons nor showing them (maybe top tier supporters get to see that?) and aren't working on it according to their own updates..so, I think I will just wait until I see a finished game now that I understand funding. I really want them to succeed and I want Maxis to build a super TS5 we can all love but I'm at the point I don't think either are going to happen. It's like when I sweep a floor, if I only stay on that part of cleaning my house, nothing else is going to get done. Focus matters. People working on different disciplines matter. If people only stay on one thing (with many sub things) then a game never gets formed.

But like in Maxis case if I was supposed to sweep a floor but decided I needed to do something that would get me praise but no floor swept, then that is just as bad. I don't think either are going to fill a slot for a new life simulator more in style with the old The Sims. (About the Sim) If people play all four games they know but may no longer care, The Sims was about the Sim and it's experience with life. Good or bad. The later games though many great things in all four are more about goals for the player rather than the Sim, and more in recent years about the player rather than the game. So, in a bad analogy it's like one game is sweeping a floor to death, until there is a hole in it, and the other is not sweeping at all and only working on the 'player' and how to manipulate for money by playing to emotions of the player and by doing that they (player) will miss the floor isn't swept or be so distracted they won't even see it, or so emotionally intune they won't even mind anymore.

Well said, this is exactly what I've been thinking from the start, glad you woke up to the pay thing. Game developers look for proper funding not ask people on a website to chip in and I did have a look at this game and I wasn't that impressed. I don't care if their arms and ears can be stretched, that can be done in Sims 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top