March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Talking Toilet (EP03 City Living) ?

Comments

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Yes
    I love the talking toilet, it’s the kind of classic quirky object I wish we had more of in TS4. Honestly I would even love a stuff pack or game pack with like a full on tech/talking house setup like out of a sci-fi movie. Maybe the house could even become jealous and murderous like out of that episode of the simpsons haha I think this could be really different and fun. But I guess the “realism players” would have beef with it lol
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    I like that sims don't have to wash their hands after using it. Saves time and time is money.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes
    I like that sims don't have to wash their hands after using it. Saves time and time is money.

Yes, I like it for the same reason: not having to cancel the hand-washing on the way to the shower. (Mind you, in real life, this would be gross, but I'm willing to suspend real life to move my Sims along a bit faster in the morning. I don't let them brush their teeth, either, because I don't want them 'confident'.)

I haven't used it in a while because it doesn't quite fit the aesthetic of Cottage Living, but I used to use it a lot.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes
    For me it is a status symbol in the game, only the riches and scientist get to have one. All other is deleted.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    What is it ?
    I never even knew about the talking toilet :D
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Yes
    Sims basically started with a toilet so for me it has to appear in some way or other on my lots. Generally community only but on occasion in a wealthy Sims home as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I like it although I do tend to forget about it. Thanks for reminding me. Of course, not all Sims or community buildings get it though.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes
    Only in community places. Not in residential
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I'm still trying to figure out how and why a talking toilet was chosen over something like murphy beds... :|

Then again, if murphy beds were included in City Living, then we'd probably have gotten "My First Talking Toilet Stuff Pack", instead of the murphy bed pack, which would've been much more cringe worthy! :s

However, I'm also speaking from a very biased standpoint... because City Living is my absolute least favorite expansion pack. So many missed opportunities... and everything we did get was done wrong, in my opinion. For example, apartments... I mean, why couldn't we just have the option to make our own? Also, why do we need a loading screen to simply visit the next apartment!? Even Sims 2: Apartment Life didn't do that! Also, since Eco Lifestyle also includes two apartment buildings, City Living itself doesn't have a major selling point.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    It's way to weird even for me.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Really, only in homes where my sims are being especially ostentatious, but I have it on a few lots. Cade, the YA bachelor son of my Batuu save founders, has one in his en suite, for instance. It has occasionally been semi-helpful in topping off other motives than bladder.

But in general, neither talking commode really suits my build style. I do use it, but not often.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    No, but just because it's ugly.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I've let my Sims use it in public once, but never use it in builds or place it myself. There are less expensive toilets with a higher rating.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Why in the bloody world would you like to talk to a toilet?

That toliet is a dirty bugger
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Yes
    Yes. For the household of a single sim in the Engineering or Tech Guru carriers, or with the Nerd Brain aspiration as one of roleplay.
    I think it is convenient my Sim fill the Social need if only talking with the toilet.
    At the same time, it can recover the Hygiene need a little.
    But I want sims to get out a bathroom as soon as their needs have been fulfilled. I have to admit it is certainly annoying that sims are so obsessed with the toilet that they occupy the bathroom for a long time.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • BassenheimZBassenheimZ Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    Yes. I gave my Sims Potty Mouth 2.0. I want them to use it, however they don't need to. "Sims with a Steel Bladder rarely have to pay attention to their Bladder need."
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Yes
    I've used it more since SE released. It's a cultural thing best suited to Japan.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    No, simply because its presence overpowers any other object on the lot. Sims will even get up while on it to look and laugh and as a result pee themselves. The idea to befriend the toilet is cool, but sims should chill about it after seeing the toilet once.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    No
    I delete it on sight T_T. Sims are obsessed with them. You're at a karaoke club, please do not talk to the toilet lol.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    One of my sim's best friend was her toilet and when she moved away it kinda broke their relationship, though she did visit her old apartment once just to talk with the toilet again, but I think the toilet had forgotten her. It was sad.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes
    A lot.
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    No
    I remember using it once only to have my sims cancel out the interaction and stand up to talk to it.

I now use the standard toilet lol

So my answer is no.

However, for fun, I may place one down on the lot and more in commercial venues... But for now, it is no. (=
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Yes
    Going to add that they are also an extra techie thing to have for geeks/scientists and company for loners.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Yes
    I have used it exactly once. I put it in the two bathrooms in the Karaoke Lounge I built ages ago. Was funnier than all get out, when the Erratic mother of my would be singer Sim used the restroom and ended up using the talking feature, as well. Hey, this Sim has been known to talk to a coat rack on her own …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yes
    I always love the reactions...

m8zlspv.png