March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
How soon do you want it, keeping in mind that more development time is usually better.
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan? 274 votes

I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
33%
SimCrazyCK213nickibitswardGoldmoldarbandit5MiataPlayAlexaiCamkatGoodywoodsuetoopxaenythDrusillaMarkooshWillowG145heiblumeMagdaleenaalexandreafriendlysimmersXBanana00CreamXCinebar 91 votes
I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
13%
Akl500PSara1010PRobyn1XPAllison18SimChic1CarmineKhrisstynejcp011c2FinvolaNomiko13ID-ChristiandeustrekTrashmagictexxx78Toadette12Lenny_OggFaerieMaricrazycat_135Sarah26CatCarpeNocheSims 36 votes
I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
28%
BluegayleGalacticGalMichelleWalan650111Monet11lisamwittFKM100leigheIsb917CaitxcatSnuffyBuckethaneulBeardedgeekkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010g01denswanluthienrisingmueller_liteashcrash19akuheikomatsu 79 votes
I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
24%
crocobauraLeGardePourpreSimmervilledanacnbrettrhaliusnualla8673SimburianshellbemeMariefoxprice83munchiepooSavorySageAeriexo11RamblineRoseFoxrox77iliekponiezBabykittyjadeFreddyFox1234APottsSindocatEnkiSchmidt 68 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    I've never been on the 5 hype train and won't be until it is announced, so I am more than content to sit here and watch what 4 does. I was the exact same with 1, 2, and 3.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I love the sims 4 but I think there is a lot of things that would never happen in this game so I look forward to a new game and a new engine and new possibilities.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I haven't had the chance yet to play with and explore all of the expansion packs and stuff packs so I'm quite happily ticking by with the Sims 4 for now.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can't even begin to pin a time frame to something that's yet unknown. I currently have no interest in Sims 5. Whether it's a matter of days, weeks, months, or years all I can say is that I'll play Sims 4 as long as it holds my interest. The end.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2021
    I bought the game in 2014 and I have played it back and forth for 7 years.

Keeping a game alive with content and updates will keep you playing until you start to get tired of it... and when the updates are not great and the content feels lacking, then I start to lose interest in playing the sims 4. Everything feels the same for me now.

I need larger changes and more game development to keep me interested. Some new clothes and chairs are not enough, even new worlds are starting to feel the same.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I've done this 4 times already and have no desire to start from scratch.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I chose an average answer cause i'm fine playing 3. I will be curious about 5 when/if it's out, but i don't think i'ld buy it. It'ld need to be devoped by a completelly different team for me to believe in it. I don't believe in this team's criativity and ability to make a game I would be interested in.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't particularily look forward to ts5 cause i have no reason to assume its any better than ts4

and also because id rather not start the waiting game over when all I want in ts4 could be added in like 4 well made packs and few bigger updates and it could be such a good game

i could have picked the last option too but i don't like thinking that far ahead cause they could still add something that butchers the whole game as well...or turn it into unsolveable buggy mess like they did with ts3
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited February 2022
    Calico45 wrote: Β»
    I've never been on the 5 hype train and won't be until it is announced, so I am more than content to sit here and watch what 4 does. I was the exact same with 1, 2, and 3.

Same. Actually whenever a new game came out, I lamented that I wanted more content/fixes. I was never quite ready to start over, so my gameplay overlapped a lot. I was still playing Sims 3 until two years ago, and Sims 2 until just a few months ago.

Edit: I've actually gone back to alternating between 2&4. So I'm set for awhile.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am in no hurry for my investment in TS4 to become obsolete. Also, I want my werewolves.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    "Tolerate"...?

I don't "tolerate" the Sims 4. I play it.

People "tolerate" things in life they have no control over. Last time I checked, playing the Sims 4 game is a choice, something we each have control over... Not an enforced thing one must "tolerate" due to a lack of any other options.

Wish I'd thought of this. πŸ˜„

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I think a better title would of been "How much longer do you think you'll be playing The Sims 4 for?"

As for my answer,I'm hoping Sims 5 will come out sometime in 2022 or 2023. I'm STILL hoping for amusement parks,multi-purpose community lots that actaully work, and an overhaul of the retail system.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Can't really vote. Personally, I played the orginal Sims 1 for 15 years without mods or cc, so I could most likely play Sims 4 offline for years.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2022
    I enjoyed the first game in this series for years after they ended, up until I could no longer play Sims 1.

I am still playing Sims 2, 17 years later and am not even close to slowing down.

I played Sims 3 off and on during its lifespan. I initially could not get used to the look of the Sims in this version. They have grown on me since then.

I was excited for Sims 4 it was first announced-until I found out toddlers were NOT even included in the base game. That was the first strike against the game (I loved creating families in Sims 2). Second strike was when I found other features, from previous versions, missing in this one. The final nail in the coffin for me was the utter disappointment that came in the form of Discover University. Took forever to get my Sim admitted to one of the colleges. Then I started coming here and hearing about the problems with the GPA, classes, skills, etc. That really shut the door on any interest I have in trying to like this game ever again. I will not be reinstalling it on this laptop.

Bring on Sims 5
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can't really vote on this because I'm not an early adopter, anyway. I stayed with Sims 3 for years before I finally bought Sims 4. I did this for several reasons: my Sims 3 game was well developed at that point and I was happy with the content I had; I wanted to let the price of 4 come down from the "buy it now, it's new!" stage; I wanted to allow the game to reach a more developed point with additional EP's and content; and I wanted to get a feel for what type of game it was before I decided to invest. As a result, I really haven't been that dissatisfied with it and have tolerated it pretty well. I'll probably follow the same pattern with Sims 5. I'll continue to build my Sims 4 game and won't jump into S5 just because it's new. I'll also try to judge it on it's own merit as a new game in an old franchise, instead of trying to shove it into the Sims 1-4 boxes.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    It's the characters that really make it for me. I'm so attached to my Sims and their families, and because of MCCC, even the townie families. Starting all that over would be really hard. I do hope that Sims 5 is awesome enough to make me want to play it, but maybe in addition to 4. I am definitely not done with these characters yet. I've said many times before that I wouldn't play 4 at all if it weren't for the modding community. At this point, I have all the mods I could want and the game is my dream game. Without the mods it would be nothing. With them, it's perfection and I want it to go on for a long time.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Where's the forever option?πŸ€”
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    It's the characters that really make it for me. I'm so attached to my Sims and their families, and because of MCCC, even the townie families. Starting all that over would be really hard. I do hope that Sims 5 is awesome enough to make me want to play it, but maybe in addition to 4. I am definitely not done with these characters yet. I've said many times before that I wouldn't play 4 at all if it weren't for the modding community. At this point, I have all the mods I could want and the game is my dream game. Without the mods it would be nothing. With them, it's perfection and I want it to go on for a long time.

I know. I'm so attached to my sims it's weird. I literally feel like I know themπŸ˜… especially since I made my novel characters into Sims. I write about them and play with them it's fantastic 😁
    I know a lot of people think they lack personality (which is a whole nother conversation for another day)
    But I think aside from what they lack, they are also charming and loveable. I love capturing all of their emotions and expressions. And just like a good movie or drama is all about the actors and how well they fit the role. I feel like the Sims themselves make the game for me.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I honestly have no interest in a sims 5 whatsoever lol.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I don't know if any of the options fit me, as I won't know if I even want Sims 5 until we find out what they actually do with it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm ready for Sims 4 to end I want to play a sandbox game where I can edit the world where my Sims can own cars and interact with each other beyond talking where a life stage is not a bassinet. Now obviously there is no promise of these things if we get Sims 5 but at least I now know better and wont purchase a Sims game that does not offer these things.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    It's not a case of toleration.

That is condescending to those who play it, isn't it? I enjoy playing it much as those who like Sims 2 and 3 don't feel it is not a case of "toleration" either. We just enjoy the version we want to.

We have to "tolerate" each other's play choices and who knows? Any Sims 5 might be a case of "jumping the shark" and no Simmer tolerating it either.
    edited October 2021
    I agree with @Simburian it's weird to assume everyone is playing but "tolerating it" makes it sound like I hate it but forcing myself to play becauseI have nothing else to do. If this game didn't bring me joy I woul even pick it up. Just like other games I'm not interested in. I don't even read about them. But I'm here today only because of how deeply I enjoy the sims 4!
    Petition to keep it going 4everπŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2021
    This game only needs a few more features and some base game overhauls before I consider it complete.
    I just want it to end so I can enjoy my mods in peace. :)

Not that I am yearning for TS5.
    I have little faith that it will be the TS2 remake with upgraded TS4 aesthetics, and TS3 styled semi open word (Open sub-'hoods)+CASt, that I want. It will probably be some kind of social, online, subscription-based nightmare.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds