The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Talking Toilet (EP03 City Living) ?

Hi,

Do you use the Talking Toilet (EP03 City Living) ?

upgrad10.jpg

Do you use the Talking Toilet (EP03 City Living) ? 198 votes

Yes
32%
BluegayleCK213bshag4lvSara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfIceyJTheSpotted_ChaneulinvisiblgirlBoergeAarg61simgirl1010JestTruluthienrisingRochertalanmichael1MindofyDarkLady2788ldmarkogreydonn 64 votes
No
66%
crocobauraauroraael14SimCrazyFrn0731LeGardePourpredjacquelynstewalexspoom13OolonglongOmri147AlexaiSikoahGraceJueJuelisamwittoveronBreeNillaAnnie2008PlayerSinger2010xoJessiAngela1000babajayne 131 votes
What is it ?
1%
PuddinroyVINNIHmanicobsessive 3 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    Though I get the humor, my sims are not going to talk to a toilet🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    No because sims are obsessed with it and can't behave normally when one is on the lot.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    I used to find them amusing, but I rarely use them in my game anymore. Sims tend to obsess too much over them, as sims are wont to do.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    No
    After you've seen your Sim's date get up from the dinner table to go talk to a toilet a few times it's just not that funny anymore.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    No
    I tried to use it, stuck it on a community lot. Turns out, Sims are far more interested in talking to a toilet than each other and they were bunching up in the bathroom stall rather than actually sitting down to eat like they were supposed to so I deleted it.

I always felt like the best place for it was Geek con. Unfortunately, we can't control what appears at festivals. I wish there had been a normal chair version of it so I might actually have a use for it. :/
    #Team Occult
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    No
    Nope. It does nothing but annoy me. I’m not even sure exactly what all it does—just that I don’t like clicking and feeling confused by all of the options.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    No
    Nope, I have replaced it at every premade lot and never use it at any of my builds. I don't get what's supposed to be funny about it, because all it does is annoy me as yet another stupid object sims would get obsessed with.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    Nope, never have and I am 100% positive I never will.
    • I don't care for the look of it for one thing, it doesn't fit the aesthetics of any of the houses my played sims live in and my sims hardly ever go to community lots..
    • That type of humor I don't find funny so it doesn't amuse me
    • And I've read wayyyyy too many posts about sims being obsessed with it, which I don't need one more thing that does that.

So yeah, not for me.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I haven't really played any household that fits the vibe yet (my sims usually live in old houses with not much tech)

but I do have little bit use for it actually cause i feel it would go with neon east urbz thing i want to eventually play and it would also go in crazy robo inventors house and yes thats on play list one day as well perhaps

just my save isn't quite ready for techy vibes yet :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,818 Member
    Yes
    My sims rarely talk to it but I just like the way it looks.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    Some people put magazines, newspaper or books in the toilets, it's another thing that I will never understand.

thats for when you have stomach bug and end up spending half the day sitting in toilet

though i do think they should at least be contained in something if you plan to casually keep them there open shelves right above toilet... are yikes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No
    I don’t like how strongly they’re drawn to it. It’s also kind of annoying how mysterious the options are until they “learn” what the features are (Use & ?) like why wouldn’t they know how to use their own toilet?

Plus there was one incident where I kept hearing a noise and finally realized it was coming from the talking toilet. I zoomed in and it got really loud. It was like a buzzing noise. I sold the thing and I had to reload the game for the noise to stop. That kinda made me hate it.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    Yes
    I use it in my aliens' high-tech homes.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes
    I sure do, but only in public venues, and out in the open---people freak out when it starts talking
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    Nope. I have no use for it in any game save.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,127 Member
    No
    I may have put them in a karaoke bar once or twice. I don't like them. Never have. Never will. I think instead of talking toilets we could have gotten something more useful.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    Mostly in community lots and my richest sims.
    The toilet has a nice hygiene feature.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but mostly no. Have it in a few households living in San Myshuno.

I'll never forget when the game listed my talking toilet as a one star celebrity. Clearly much more of an influencer than the politician sim it shared an apartment with.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    Yes
    I use it in alot of community lots, and some rich Sims homes. Mostly no though.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    Yes
    I don't usually use it in residential builds unless there's a good reason (Sim is an inventor, aliens, etc). I do use it in some funky themed commercial lots, like clubs.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    It’s my favorite toilet! 😄👍
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only in places in-game where it's already installed, like the luxury apartments uptown and a couple of the karaoke venues. I don't buy my sims a new talking toilet. Most of them have Steel Bladder anyway, and if they want to talk, they can go out and say hi to the horde of NPCs in the neighborhood.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    In high-tech homes, yes. I have one sim in particular who is obsessed with technology, he's a mechanical engineer with robots taking care of everything in his house, his cat is also a robot, his wife is a Servo he built himself, he has an Alexa (or whatever the Sims equivalent is called again) and, of course, a talking toilet.

I haven't noticed sims being particularly obsessed with it, but then again, I always keep them busy, rarely receive guests, and have never placed a talking toilet on a public lot as far as I can remember, so that could be the reason.

HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I'll never forget when the game listed my talking toilet as a one star celebrity. Clearly much more of an influencer than the politician sim it shared an apartment with.
    That's funny! One of my wannabe celebrities had a Patchy who was more famous than him. The game moves in mysterious ways sometimes. :D