Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toggle for consequences in game, would you be interested?

For example with 'consequences' toggled to 'on' kids might have a higher risk of being bullied at school (with consequences such as returning home with dirty or torn clothing that needs to be washed, mended or replaced), kids might be the ones doing the bully resulting in a loss of grades or suspension, teen sims who get under a certain grade in high school would be limited as to what careers they can choose, or clumsy sims might have one of their stumbles result in a consequence where they are injured or break something of value (requiring a consequence of needing medical treatment or having to pay for damages), Sims who visit Sulani and decide to suntan risk a consequence of a serious cancer like illness that may result in death, Kleptomaniac sims who get caught risk ostracisation from the community or public shaming for a period of sims time, and so on, and so forth.

Would you be interested in a toggle like this in the game?
Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Toggle for consequences in game, would you be interested? 31 votes

Yes
54%
barracuda1574BabykittyjadebixtersMoonCrossWarrior22texxx78StrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlayMsKatieRosePeralcody6268SiggDiggitVINNIHsimopolisGrimlyFiendishACruelButLovingGodIncacore_LlamaSoggyAcre 17 votes
No
9%
Pamtastic72VeeDubJunkyPoem 3 votes
It depends (elaborate in comments)
35%
PlayerSinger2010Isb917Mariefoxprice83KhrisstyneEnkiSchmidtDaWaterRatEllupelluelluPurpleHeatherCalico45temporalgodPerti23 11 votes
Don't care either way
0%

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Heck yessssss!!! Need more drama, consequences and over bad things that can happen to balance out all the eutopia
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    Kind of against the dying of cancer from sun burns thing, I can agree with the other options, how about instead of being ostracized by their peers, Kleptomaniac Sims get arrested by Police.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    Ugh, toggles, add stuff or don’t. I haven’t time to spend an hour and a half figuring out what to turn on or turn off before I even play and if every request toggle is added to the game there will be approximately 10,000 of them and it will take hours just to set up a save. I just want to play my game and I do in fact want it to surprise me and challenge me at times and throw me off my set course because that’s the point of a game. Everything shouldn’t go 100% according to plan 100% of the time. It’s boring. So is knowing what to expect all the time because I essentially spent six hours on toggles essentially setting it up. Hard pass for me on toggles period.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Toggles and options are always a good thing, but a number of the mentioned things I am not particularly interested in playing with (or just wouldn't want the limits, such as high school limiting careers when I have DU). *shrug*

I'd only actively want features I am interested in using.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Definitely against including cancer but some of the other stuff would be good, especially if on a toggle.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I think the OP was just using the cancer as an example of an illness being added to the game. There are other illnesses that can happen.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Yes
    I think the OP was just using the cancer as an example of an illness being added to the game. There are other illnesses that can happen.

Yes, as a 'for example'. I live in a country with the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, so I automatically associate something like sun tanning with 'risk of deathly illness'. Game wise it could be something like 'Oh no, your Sim has the dreaded Sulani Sweats', just something that is going to be of consequence for an activity.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    Change my vote to It Depends.
    I like the idea of career limitations.
    Game's rating is T-Teen & the devs aren't going to do too much consequence when they've been ushering in inclusivity.

But a definite no to the bully, shaming or cancer-like thing. Lot of peeps are sensitive bout those issues.
    Besides, Sims is my escapism after chemo & I don't always wanna be reminded of what I'm trying to forget.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Just "consequences yes/no" is too broad, I wouldn't use that. I want consequences for some things (crime, violation of public peace), but not for others (Sulani Sweats), and even some consequences to apply only to certain sims.

They should instead give us a system to create our own laws. Something like minister posts (Health, Education, Law Enforcement, Economy, Environment, Youth) that sims can work towards getting voted in and then have full control over the rules.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    Just "consequences yes/no" is too broad, I wouldn't use that. I want consequences for some things (crime, violation of public peace), but not for others (Sulani Sweats), and even some consequences to apply only to certain sims.

They should instead give us a system to create our own laws. Something like minister posts (Health, Education, Law Enforcement, Economy, Environment, Youth) that sims can work towards getting voted in and then have full control over the rules.

Seems like that power could be abused, what's stopping me from being a dictator like Trudeau and Stalin.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't think I'd want consequences On/Off as a whole. What if I disagree with a particular consequence? What if my state/county/country has different consequences for a certain thing than California, USA? There are already places in Parenthood where even with a parent with Parenting 10 who can see all the options and - yes, consequences to a particular parenting problem, I disagree with all the options. Either because the Sim I'm playing wouldn't pick one of them, or because I personally parent differently than the game is designed for in that particular instance. I'm not sure I'd enjoy that problem writ large across the whole game.

That said, I would like consequences for some things, and for my criminal sims to occasionally spend the night in lock up, or my teenagers to get suspended or detention for skivvying off of school too often, or stuff like that.

So if the Consequences toggle wasn't one toggle, but say a handful - Health, criminal, school, social ... maybe Occult - that could be individually turned on or off, then maybe.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    That's how the game should have been from the start. But i'ld find a toggle ok.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I wouldn't be interested because I prefer more sandbox-style play and the freedom to make my own rules and consequences for things. I wouldn't necessarily be against having such a toggle if it were to actually be implemented correctly (that is, if it wasn't broken at the start and impinging on my preferred play style even if I have it toggled off, like some of the existing so-called toggles). But really, I have plenty of other games to play when I want my in-game actions to be limited to in-game mechanics for any and all consequences. Any game that tries to be too many things to so many different players is never going to do everything well, and this game already seems to be quickly moving toward that track.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Yes
    I support this suggestion, it would be nice to have such a feature added to the game. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here