Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2021(Story Progression Patch Now Available)

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2021
    @SERVERFRA What do you mean? I thought they said the window was coming to base game in the upcoming patch :o
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

But I don't get the idea of getting angry about a pack not coming at a time it usually does. I mean I get the dissapointment just not the anger. It's not like they said a pack is coming then it didn't. But I also don't care that much about transparency, as in always knowing everything that's going on and what's coming and what's not. It's cool to know what happens behind the scenes which is why I find the dev streams interesting and I miss when the devs did those streams where they just played the game. They never talked about upcoming content but it was a great way to get to know the devs better. But I don't really need to know everything. It's nice but I can kind of guess that this thing happened because of the pandemic without an official statement because I mean it's a pandemic, it's expected to cause delays.

I mean I was really hoping for a romance ep but I'm fine with waiting. I don't want the devs to rush an ep or work overtime or anything like that.

Its not exactly ''anger'' about not having a pack release when theyve usually been released, its a culmination of this whole year (and tbh past years) of the devs not being transparent about whats to come and what to expect, in this case be honest and tell us this year wont have as frequent pack releases. Its pretty obvious theres a dozen of requested pack ideas and updates that players have asked for for many years now (babies, cars, generation, romance, more occults, any form of story progression or gameplay changes that make sims feel less like blank slate puppets) but this year the devs instead give us...kits? and other redundant base game updates that while not fundamentally bad, arent really anything that will affect the core gameplay of sims.

I dunno, i just think the constant repetition of the devs saying ''we hear you, we always have this and that wanted feature/game pack in our minds'' and then just not giving players any of those features or expansion packs is a bad move and its pretty understandable players are frustrated or hell, angry even lol.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Laruhell wrote: »

But I don't get the idea of getting angry about a pack not coming at a time it usually does. I mean I get the dissapointment just not the anger. It's not like they said a pack is coming then it didn't. But I also don't care that much about transparency, as in always knowing everything that's going on and what's coming and what's not. It's cool to know what happens behind the scenes which is why I find the dev streams interesting and I miss when the devs did those streams where they just played the game. They never talked about upcoming content but it was a great way to get to know the devs better. But I don't really need to know everything. It's nice but I can kind of guess that this thing happened because of the pandemic without an official statement because I mean it's a pandemic, it's expected to cause delays.

I mean I was really hoping for a romance ep but I'm fine with waiting. I don't want the devs to rush an ep or work overtime or anything like that.

Its not exactly ''anger'' about not having a pack release when theyve usually been released, its a culmination of this whole year (and tbh past years) of the devs not being transparent about whats to come and what to expect, in this case be honest and tell us this year wont have as frequent pack releases. Its pretty obvious theres a dozen of requested pack ideas and updates that players have asked for for many years now (babies, cars, generation, romance, more occults, any form of story progression or gameplay changes that make sims feel less like blank slate puppets) but this year the devs instead give us...kits? and other redundant base game updates that while not fundamentally bad, arent really anything that will affect the core gameplay of sims.

I dunno, i just think the constant repetition of the devs saying ''we hear you, we always have this and that wanted feature/game pack in our minds'' and then just not giving players any of those features or expansion packs is a bad move and its pretty understandable players are frustrated or hell, angry even lol.

I think they maybe can't say like at the beginning of the year if they would have been able to release a pack by the end of the year. So the closest they can say is (I guess) three months, when they release a road map.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited October 2021
    I’m pretty sure “unlocking new ways to play” = scenarios, so “adding dimension” should come next.

And is anyone else starting to suspect that EA left the window out on purpose so they could save it for an express update? It does sound like a good way to hype up the new system. 🤔
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Maybe they made a second window, because my Industrial Kit has the 1st window in it now.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure “unlocking new ways to play” = scenarios, so “adding dimension” should come next.

And is anyone else starting to suspect that EA left the window out on purpose so they could save it for an express update? It does sound like a good way to hype up the new system. 🤔

Or

customize your space with color = swatches
    adding dimensions = scenarios
    unlocking new ways to play = SDX

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Also, are we all going to ignore the worldwide pandemic that impacted literally everything this year and last? I'd like to see more new content too, but it's wild to me how people are talking about this like EA/Maxis were completely unaffected and just chose to produce less. Like, we've had less new movies this year too. Books and TV shows have been delayed. Why are we talking about The Sims like it exists in a vacuum? Heck, I haven't been the most productive version of myself either because of, well... *motions vaguely at the whole world*

If they had been more honest and transparent with players and just told us that this year will not bring us as many content packs due to the pandemic, i think people wouldve been more accepting over the fact that we got only 3 of them this year. Instead, the team kept this all completely silent, had everyone stringed along with vague tweets on upcoming content and even said when releasing kits that ''they wont impact the release of normal content packs'', which obviously gave everyone the hope that kits will just be random small content packs and well still get the usual 4-5 content packs this year.

People wouldve still been angry and disappointed of course lmao, but i think now people are far more justified to be so because ea really made it sound all this year as if nothing will change and that we are still getting the usual amount of content packs and updates.

Idk what they said about the pandemic. I'm sure they said something because a few people have been saying that the devs are still working from home.

They haven't said much officially, but if you follow some of the SimGuru's on twitter, they make references to still working from home, GrimSuruDoi does his crossword streams from his house at times when, if he weren't working from home, he should be either at work or on the road to or from work (and he said he had like a two hour commute), and when they do the Inside Maxis streams, they're still in individual and what look to be home offices, while pre-pandemic streams had everyone crowded into one office or a conference room or something.

So from that, I'm guessing they're still more at home than in the office.

As for why they haven't said anything... as I said, last year when the pandemic was new, they still managed to keep on time. They probably hoped that the same would happen this year, but it didn't. They probably didn't know back in March that they wouldn't have anything ready for fall. And that's probably also why they didn't say for certain that there wasn't going to be an EP this winter. They're probably still trying to pull it together in time for a Christmas release, but they don't want to promise that unless they know they can deliver.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Maybe they made a second window, because my Industrial Kit has the 1st window in it now.

The Industrial Loft Kit had a window from the very beginning. This is a screenshot from my game from August:
    ZRgRWHJ.jpg

The problem was, that the window shown in this gif The Sims first posted on Twitter did not actually exist.

These two windows neither have the same design nor size and that's why Simmers complained and called it false advertising. I'm glad it will be added it soon, it's a cool looking window even though I also like the one in the kit.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    They said in stream that add new ways to play = scenarios

and the color was the swatch thing

so only untouched part on update list after these is the dimension one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Also, are we all going to ignore the worldwide pandemic that impacted literally everything this year and last? I'd like to see more new content too, but it's wild to me how people are talking about this like EA/Maxis were completely unaffected and just chose to produce less. Like, we've had less new movies this year too. Books and TV shows have been delayed. Why are we talking about The Sims like it exists in a vacuum? Heck, I haven't been the most productive version of myself either because of, well... *motions vaguely at the whole world*

If they had been more honest and transparent with players and just told us that this year will not bring us as many content packs due to the pandemic, i think people wouldve been more accepting over the fact that we got only 3 of them this year. Instead, the team kept this all completely silent, had everyone stringed along with vague tweets on upcoming content and even said when releasing kits that ''they wont impact the release of normal content packs'', which obviously gave everyone the hope that kits will just be random small content packs and well still get the usual 4-5 content packs this year.

People wouldve still been angry and disappointed of course lmao, but i think now people are far more justified to be so because ea really made it sound all this year as if nothing will change and that we are still getting the usual amount of content packs and updates.

Idk what they said about the pandemic. I'm sure they said something because a few people have been saying that the devs are still working from home.

As for why they haven't said anything... as I said, last year when the pandemic was new, they still managed to keep on time. They probably hoped that the same would happen this year, but it didn't. They probably didn't know back in March that they wouldn't have anything ready for fall. And that's probably also why they didn't say for certain that there wasn't going to be an EP this winter. They're probably still trying to pull it together in time for a Christmas release, but they don't want to promise that unless they know they can deliver.

Yeah I think the delays is just starting to catch up. It probably didn't affect them last year because they work on packs a year before I think.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah I think the delays is just starting to catch up. It probably didn't affect them last year because they work on packs a year before I think.

Sounds about right. Delays/shortages don't happen overnight, they take a while to reach that point. Less man hours worked today, means less productivity results further down the road. And depending on a company's turnaround time, that could mean weeks and/or months down the road before the impact hits. For Maxis, that turnaround time is probably 1-2 years from project start to project finish, so any delays/hiccups could throw the whole schedule off kilter by many months.

Speaking of the pandemic domino effect... Supply/inventory shortages are just now starting to catch up on retail businesses around the world as they've now finally dwindled down their inventory stocks. It's been in the news in many countries over the past several weeks... many different types of supply shortages are finally starting to hit everywhere. All the temporary shutdowns (manufacturing, mining, etc) has slowed the output of products and shipments going to retail/sellers.

As a side note: I would advise anyone looking to do their holiday shopping this year, should do so much much sooner rather than later... I just finished up all of my Xmas gift shopping last week to make sure I would still be able to buy any specific items I was looking for. I've already encountered a few items that I can't even get directly from the manufacturer right now unless I'm willing to wait several months before they can ship it to me.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Where is everyone getting the idea there are no more packs coming this year? They announced summer of sims before season of selves, which makes me think this is clearly the autumn season they're referring to. Doesn't the fiscal winter season start somewhere in November? I honestly don't expect them to release nothing before Christmas. I mean, come on, it's EA and TS4 is their cash cowplant. A winter EP might still be around the corner.

And since we're speculating, my guess is it's romance related. Considering they're adding a romance scenario out of all the possibilities first, it might be related to a potential new pack.

One of the gurus tweeted that the season of selves covers Oct, Nov and Dec which is the last fiscal quarter for this year.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Having anticipated barely anything at all and STILL being disappointed. I suspect we'll have nothing. And I'm guessing I'll still be disappointed. It just seems the game is really fizzling out this year, and I know it's probably pandemic related, but I still wouldn't have said this even three months ago.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I guess the patch will prepare the game for the new "Blooming Rooms" kit and bring some bug fixes, hopefully.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm torn between feeling relieved and feeling a little disappointed there won't be a new EP to look forward to this year. But if that's true, I can skip all the base game updates and just play without the need to wait for my mods to be updated. And even with the pandemic still going strong, one would think the teams could have put together a new game pack at some point. I know so many people who work remotely and their deadlines and productivity expectations haven't changed much at all because of their working environments. And, yes, many of those folks work in the creative departments at the companies they work for. Personally, I feel using the pandemic as an excuse for doing less is a bit extreme since we have a viable vaccine and new treatments for people who have had the misfortune of contracting COVID. I am not immune to the fact we live in a very different world right now. But if one is cautious and takes the time and effort to follow a few simple guidelines, we don't need to be as fearful as we were last year. And as soon as the new anti-viral pills are readily available, which looks to be happening around the end of December, COVID infections can be treated at home, which is the same treatment option we've had for the flu for the last few years.

So with all of that in mind, I find it very hard to believe the pandemic is at fault here. With all the technology out there that can be used to bring people together and functioning as if they were in an office rather than their homes, I cannot believe a corporation a large as EA lacks the skills and resources that would allow it's employees to do their jobs. None of the blame is placed on the teams, the gurus or anyone else working on Sims4. This is EA's fault. Plain and simple.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would love for them to add more relationships. Maybe they'll even bring in more romantic interactions like slow dancing together.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I would love for them to add more relationships. Maybe they'll even bring in more romantic interactions like slow dancing together.

More dances would be lovely. They don't seem to have a large budget or priority at least for new animations. Maybe they can't do do proper work from home and coordinate the different teams required to implement new behaviours and such. Island living badly needed a hoola dance interaction.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2021
    AyKooChao wrote: »

Or

customize your space with color = swatches
    adding dimensions = scenarios
    unlocking new ways to play = SDX

Almost agree, but after reviewing Season of Selves...

Food Preferences - add dimension to your sims lives - possible Dec update that kinda coordinates w/ holiday season
    BG Color Swatch - customize your space with color - update rcv'd in late Sept
    Scenarios - unlock new ways to play - Nov update

SDX - industrial window; not a full patch

Probably all we'll see until next year.
    Post edited by JunkyPoem on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    First Patch is Tomorrow with Scenrios.

And hopefully a lot of bug fixes
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't think we got a Laundry List for October? (Unless I missed it).

I would like some bug fixes too. I'll be disappointed if the patch is only the Scenarios. Lots of players are interested in Scenarios which is great, but it shouldn't be the priority in my opinion.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »
    Where is everyone getting the idea there are no more packs coming this year? They announced summer of sims before season of selves, which makes me think this is clearly the autumn season they're referring to. Doesn't the fiscal winter season start somewhere in November? I honestly don't expect them to release nothing before Christmas. I mean, come on, it's EA and TS4 is their cash cowplant. A winter EP might still be around the corner.

And since we're speculating, my guess is it's romance related. Considering they're adding a romance scenario out of all the possibilities first, it might be related to a potential new pack.

One of the gurus tweeted that the season of selves covers Oct, Nov and Dec which is the last fiscal quarter for this year.

Oh, that's a bummer. I still think it'd weird if there was no release before Christmas, though.

And hopefully a lot of bug fixes

Yes.

I hope the Hot Springs get fixed so sims can do romantic interactions in them.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I'm just wondering when we'd be getting the patch that was supposed to fix the premade sims; making them consistent with the lore we're given. Adjusting their starting relationships, etc.

I've been waiting to start a new savefile for that. Didn't they mention it was happening sometime this fall? I don't know if it has already happened yet.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I'm just wondering when we'd be getting the patch that was supposed to fix the premade sims; making them consistent with the lore we're given. Adjusting their starting relationships, etc.

I've been waiting to start a new savefile for that. Didn't they mention it was happening sometime this fall? I don't know if it has already happened yet.

It hasn't happened. Possibly in the 2nd Patch this month.