Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    October - Day 26: "Honeymoon in Batuu - Part 3"

October-Day-26-Post-Pic.png

Notes
    10-25-21-6-11-15-PM.png
    Josh and Essa headed back to the outpost as the three suns of Batuu rose into the sky. They were both hungry and ordered a Ronto Wrap from Ronto Roasters. Looks pretty good!

10-25-21-6-11-35-PM.png
    "Should we try to find that lightsaber workshop now?"
    "Sounds good to me."

10-25-21-6-30-34-PM.png
    I learned from doing some research online that there is no such thing as a workshop to construct lightsabers, Sims just put them together themselves. However, there is a 'workshop' to construct Droids in the First Order area. I think I just got confused since I've never played in Batuu before.

"Ohhh Yeahhh!"

10-25-21-6-31-20-PM.png
    "I feel like a Jedi Knight! Do I look like one Beautiful?"

10-25-21-6-45-44-PM.png
    "I don't know much about Jedi, but you do look like a fierce warrior...and HOT!"
    "Ooo, it's so pretty!"

10-25-21-6-46-48-PM.png
    "How do I look? I feel dangerous!"
    "Fierce, dangerous, sexy, HOT and Beautiful!"

Josh showed Essa a few standard moves when using the lightsaber and then he challenged her to a fight. I was excited to see how they'd do against each other since they're both Level 10 in Fitness. Josh may have an advantage over Essa though since he's completed the Body Builder aspiration. We'll see...

10-25-21-6-56-27-PM.png
    "May the Force be with you!"
    "And also with you!"

I took a gazillion screenshots of their fight, but chose just a few of my favorites for the update. No order really to this since they fought about three different rounds with no winner until the last one.

10-25-21-6-52-18-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-52-26-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-53-31-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-54-05-PM.png
    "Are you having fun Beautiful? Ready to give up yet?"
    "Oh yeah, and nope, bring it!"

10-25-21-6-56-07-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-56-30-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-56-58-PM.png
    10-25-21-6-57-58-PM.png
    "Gawd, this is so fun! You're really good Beautiful! Are you loving this as much as I am?"
    "YES! It's dangerous, but so thrilling. So exciting, it's turning me on! You!?"

10-25-21-7-00-25-PM.png
    "Ohhh Yeahhh! Alright, give it your all and let's see who's stronger. Say your prayers Beautiful because I'm not holding back."
    "Ha! YOU say your prayers! I'm the strongest! Get ready, here I come Babe!"
    "Gawd, that is so dang HOT! You can try, but you won't win!"

10-25-21-7-03-01-PM.png
    "YES.I.WILL! Ahhhhhh!"

10-25-21-7-03-11-PM.png
    "Give up!"
    "NEVER!"

10-25-21-7-04-28-PM.png
    Essa used all her strength, determination and just plain stubbornness to push Josh back, spin around and knocked his lightsaber out of his grasp to fly away as he landed on his butt in defeat.
    "Wow, I don't believe it, I won!"

10-25-21-7-04-58-PM.png
    "You didn't let me win did you?"
    "No way, I wanted to win! You beat me fair and square. You're magnificent, my Beautiful Jedi Knight!"

10-25-21-7-05-55-PM.png
    "That was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again!"
    "We will, lots of times. What a blast!"

10-25-21-7-06-15-PM.png
    "Oh Josh, I love you so much! I love it here, I wish we could stay."

10-25-21-7-07-23-PM.png
    "I love you more Beautiful. I wish we could too, but we can always come back. As many times as we want."
    "Let's make the most of our last night and day here this time. Want to head over to Olga's and see if Hondo will play some more Sabacc with us?"

"I'd love to. Let's go."

10-25-21-7-24-24-PM.png
    As night fell over the Blackspire Outpost, Essa and Josh did find Hondo at Olga's. He was dancing so they decided to join him for a bit. They then did indeed play some Sabacc with him. Both had figured out he was a cheater and if they wanted to win, they would need to cheat too. A lot! It paid off though with Essa winning a big pot of over 500 credits!

Tomorrow will be their last day here. They'll most likely go to the First Order area and build themselves some Droids, maybe do a little more shopping for trinkets to bring home and perhaps they'll go back to the woods and find Vi Moradi again. Why? Well, you know Josh has to challenge her to at least one lightsaber fight before they leave. That's it for this update! :)

I'll get started on comments/replies next! One question for everyone, are you having any trouble with Imgur? I had to use Postimages for yesterday and today's updates because I kept getting a pop-up message on Imgur. It said my connection wasn't private and wouldn't let me go to the site. I guess there is some kind of certificate issue not being valid with the site? Supposedly, it's not safe to go there, my password could be stolen if I do if it's just someone trying to hack my account.

There was a link to bypass that and go to the site anyway, but it said it was unsafe so I didn't want to take the chance. Hopefully, Imgur's security certificate just expired and they'll update it soon. Otherwise, I don't know what to do. o.O
    @lilypadmeulin
    Thank you for commenting. I love them so much, they'll always be completely and utterly in love with each other and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

@permanentrose
    Looks like they all had a very fun Winterfest together. Boy, Robin sure is a wild child! I'm surprised she wasn't freezing! How could she sleep out there in the snow? This game is so weird sometimes. :D Good idea placing the skating rink with T.O.O.L. Such a great mod eh? I love it! So nice Mario showed up with a gift for Ruby!

@Ellupelluellu
    Nope, I was not offended at all, not one bit! You had told me they were twins awhile ago, but I forgot about that fact and missed it in your spoiler. So I'm glad you reminded me again. Thank you! Oh man, that side bug sure makes for some awkward screenshots eh? I knew Josh meant it for Essa, but they were both facing Hondo. So funny! :D Thanks about the update daily pic of the forest. The Resistance area is so, so pretty! Love those waterfalls.

Thanks for the tip about the lightsabers too. I already figured that out for myself, but I'm glad you posted it just in case I hadn't. Anyway, it was great seeing Bella with a red lightsaber, she's so pretty! She looks like a bad butt how you dressed her too! ;) hehe Of course Josh would never trade Essa for Vi. He's just got celebrity stars in his eyes since he's such a geek. hehe Oh man, that last screenshot cracked me up so much when he turned and looked at me like that. He's just so dang happy to be there. I love it! :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 296 - Humor & Hijinks Again

zUVOOM2.jpg
    The H&H Festival was later in the evening, so I needed to kill some time during the day. Ruby and Rowan had school, but Jules had a work from home day, so she and Emmett took Robin to San Myshuno Meadows.
    Wx9qyub.png

Jules stopped in the middle of building a snowpal with Robin so she could autonomously kiss Emmett. Robin does not look pleased :D
    PJ5JnO8.png

Emmett helped her finish up the snowpal. The snow had begun to fall heavily by now.
    2NhnT0W.png
    w6sIapG.png

The final product.
    GgAtAYr.png

They wandered inside to warm up a bit after that.
    We8AvWg.jpg

Robin needed some food STAT, and one of the simplest ways to do that was ordering food at the bar, but I needed to hire a bar tender. I had the option to hire a specific bar tender, and Essa showed up on the list of options so I picked her :)
    fAKLygQ.jpg

Typical Essa (in my game haha), looking irritated about something.
    Z3r55v4.jpg

Let's feed the child.
    JcRzrNa.png

Jules ordered drinks for their group and I guess Robin got counted as well lol.
    fsIqAl9.png

I was curious to see what Jules' favorite drink was too. Of course she's enjoying both beverages.
    ygSlhyB.png

And Emmett's favorite drink is so fun!
    DVphjEs.png

I decided to focus on Jules' work tasks after that. She had to brighten someone's day in the Fashion District, so she found Skeilah.
    5E3aKep.png

Looks like Essa followed her here :D
    yN27OJF.png

Humor and Hijinks time - Jules set off her three fireworks immediately just so I wouldn't miss that milestone haha. Yay, finally moving on...
    COrTa0S.png

They both joined the Jokesters this time.
    vMgPiyO.png

Yay, the Jokesters won! The fireworks looked pretty cool in the snow too :)
    tVk8TmC.jpg

Ruby's final grades came in to and somehow she managed to do worse :D To be fair, I forgot her term was ending so that probably played a role in that.
    XNiZMRd.png

Comments coming eventually. Hopefully sometime today :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member

Melody Connors

September, day 6, part 1.

l0DZDNd.png
    The one pretty morning.

69eF6xZ.png
    I could of sworn she had completed painter aspiration long time ago, but she was missing 2 masterpieces.. o.O.
    But now she did finish it, anyway :)

Outside..
    zk9IlGE.png
    Greg: "Nikolas, I have decided to accept the offer. But I need one honest answer to something."
    Nikolas Sr: "That is great! Sure, all in it's time. And first you have to do something to you appearance!"
    hRhcjOH.png
    Greg: "What? What is wrong with that??"
    kkdcAOM.png
    Nikolas Sr: "Ehh.. how to say it.."
    WiwUK57.png
    Greg: "Just spit it out, you old snob!"
    Nikolas Sr: "Well who would take seriously Grimm Reaper , who looks like librarian?"
    fJU9J7s.png
    Greg: "Hmmph! Fine , I guess. But now, we have talked about this, but this was not supposed to happen now, not even at near future. Why sudden change of mind?"
    HR0nmqS.png
    Nikolas Sr: "It has something to do with my wife. Hard to put it in words, but something is not right. I am monitoring her these next couple of days, I might be just imagining things."

Melody walked by them..
    ckFgd8t.png
    Greg: "Pumpkin, where are you going?"
    Melody: "School, dad, it is early, but I need to walk a bit.."
    sgxWeXR.png
    But Greg didn't let her go yet, and she told him that she felt horrible, she had lost her temper and turned 2 sims to vampires just cause they were like that in her dream..
    GJxIUvC.png
    Greg: "All will be fine, Pumpkin. I have something to tell all of you tonight too."
    z5sWPX4.png
    Melody: "Mmmh, like that you are gonna be the Grimm ? "
    Greg: "How did you..."
    Melody: "I just overheard you and Nikolas, that's okay, I know.. I feel that you are gonna be great at it, dad"

BVnvdPP.png
    V9JH3Fk.png
    But there was someone else who also heard.. and became very worried..

PYgbmsp.png
    Nikolas Sr : "Hmm.. I wonder where she is going.. so in hurry "
    qqc92qn.png
    Nikolas Sr: "ohh.. I see, there are two.. "

hYaGSMR.png
    TJ4d1p6.png

Commenting later :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Karababy52 ,
    I have not had any troubles with imgur lately, but I do not know might it be that I am in Europe? As often when it is down to me, it has been running fine with you :)
    -- Love the first pic!! <3 Suns and all. Lighting and graphics in Batuu are so much better than in any other world :)
    Haha, Ronto stuff! Malcolm loved the steak :p
    Great that you figured out that light saber thing :)
    Nice pics of the fight!! Some part of me wants to take my custom graphic rules out, to see the background blur again, but the other benefits of the file still make me to keep it :)
    YAY Essa! That's the spirit!
    And yes indeed, you have to cheat yourself to win Hondo :D

@permanentrose ,
    -- Oh how nice day they had at the park :) And even Robin did not want to take clothing off now :smiley: Lots of snow indeed, that fileplace looks cozy there :)
    Essa, well I hope she is not still mad at Emmett for turning her down? But at least she seemed happier in karaoke :)
    I love the snowy pic of the neighborhood!
    Nice fireworks, indeed!
    Ehh, well at least she made it, even with not all A+ :p

edited October 2021
    October - Day 27: "Goodbye Batuu!"

WaGziGb.png

Notes
    64p0MbR.png
    After playing a few rounds of Sabacc with Hondo, the couple went to the First Order area to see if they could find the Droids shop. Up to this point, I haven't cheated for credits at all. They've been earning them by selling upgrade parts scavenged from trash piles, searching for scrap metal, breaking into storage boxes and from playing Sabacc with Hondo. They had a good number of credits by doing this, but no where near enough to buy a couple Droids and all the other souvenirs they wanted to take home with them.

I decided since their trip here had nothing to do with progressing any aspirations associated with worlds in the challenge, it would be acceptable to cheat for credits. Only one problem with that. The code I had didn't work! It's the right code, I minimized and checked online. Every place I checked had the exact same code I did. I don't know why it didn't work for me.

Anyway, luckily, I figured out another way to get the credits I wanted for them. If you turn on testingcheats and shift click on a Sim, there is an option for Batuu cheats. One of them gives your Sim a variety of Batuu items. I just sold those items for credits and voila! All the credits they needed and more.

Josh went in the shop and built two BB Droids for them. I wanted one of the R variety, but for some reason the only option for the head, was a red one. The game would not let me choose another color. I wanted a black/white or black one, with the same color body for Josh. The same thing happened with the BB Droids too, but it 'looked' like the heads were black/white. I could live with that and a different colored body.

wN9epSQ.png
    They went back to the Outpost after that and bought a few more things from the shop there. Both were hungry by this time, so went back to Ronto Roasters for more Ronto wraps. As they were enjoying those, a Storm Trooper walked by looking very menacing.

bqtP0sf.png
    After sharing a few kisses, the inevitable autonomously happened once again...

YUbVEn3.png
    Happy Honeymoon you two!

SHW2DvJ.png
    They traveled back to the Resistance Encampment after that because I thought Josh would enjoy having a lightsaber sparring session with Vi. Sadly, there wasn't an option for that action when I clicked on her. I have a feeling she doesn't have a lightsaber would be the reason why. Dangit! So instead, I had Josh fight her! hehe

ZLtJmbZ.png
    They both put up quite a fight, but in the end, the victor was...

RN1Qulh.png
    Vi! She kicked his butt! o.O

8NWfMN1.png
    It was all just in fun though, only a practice fighting session. No hard feelings and they had a good laugh together over it.

u9GG31m.png
    "You know the only reason I'm letting you do this is because you beat me with your lightsaber."
    "I know, I'll be fine Babe. I can take care of myself."
    "I know you can. Hurry back though."
    "I will."

GbKEvMx.png
    (Don't be such an overprotective worrywart. She'll be fine. She's strong and smart.)
    (I'm trying. I just love her so much, I always want her to be safe.)
    (She knows.)

mTDI9CG.png
    Essa seemed to be in the cave a lot longer than he was expecting and Josh was fighting with himself not to go in there and look for her when she finally emerged extremely excited about something.
    "You'll never guess what happened!"
    "It must be something good since you're smiling."
    "Oh it is! I found a lost little girl who had wandered away from her Mother."
    "Was she okay? She wasn't hurt or anything was she? Where is she?"

XDYhddf.png
    "She was okay, just scared and a little dirty from falling down in the dark. I helped her search for her Mother and we found her! Thank God! The Mother wanted to give me 300 credits to thank me, but I turned it down. I don't need to be paid for just helping someone like that. She left out the back entrance, carrying her little girl who was kissing her Mother's cheek and crying she was so happy."
    "There's a back entrance? Wow, you must've went a long way in there."
    "I did, I didn't plan to, but I didn't have a choice. I'm just glad I found both of them."

0bMOQRY.png
    "I am too! I'm so proud of you Beautiful! Great job, my Beautiful Hero!"
    "I'm not a Hero, I just did what anyone else would've done."
    "Sure, but it was you that did it this time. You're still a Hero to me."

jzltnST.png
    It was such a lovely day, with lots of puffy clouds in the sky, the two decided to do some cloudgazing next to the twin waterfalls.

ftOmF26.png
    "It's so nice here. I wish we could stay longer."
    "Me too. The time went by way too fast didn't it?"
    "Time always goes too fast when we're together."
    "Hey! I see an Ewok, do you see it?"

"What's an Ewok?"
    "They look like one of those stuffed toys we bought, remember?"
    "Ohhh, yeah, I see it now!"

ogJU5bP.png
    A game generated, I guess 'townie' walked by wearing this very cool hat with goggles! Where'd she get that? I want one! Gah! I guess I should've looked at the hat selection when choosing their Batuu outfits. Maybe it's available for everyone in CAS. I hope it's not locked.

KPNcF6v.png
    The couple got up and started to walk away hand-in-hand from the encampment when Josh suddenly stopped and pulled Essa into his arms for a soft, sweet, and deeply filled with love kiss.
    "I love you so much my Beautiful Wife. The last few days here with you have been better than I could have ever imagined. I'm so happy, you make me feel like the luckiest man in the universe."

htkvxsX.png
    "You know I love you too and always will. I've loved you since the moment I turned around and saw you smiling at me after you tapped my shoulder to ask if I needed help fishing. My heart started to beat so fast and a little voice inside me said, "He's the one. I just...knew. I can't explain it."
    "You don't need to explain it, I know that feeling, now. I didn't then, but it didn't take long to understand what it meant."
    "I know, your mind tried to be realistic, but your heart and my heart, our souls recognized each other and wouldn't let reason defeat what was fated to happen. We belong together."
    "Gawd, I want you so much right now, but we have to go."
    "Who says?"

9rc5oC5.png
    "Come on, let's go find that tent."

0kQELtF.png
    (I really am the luckiest man in the universe.)
    (Stop standing there mooning over her and help her find that tent!)
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

vkvvJVw.png
    Happy Honeymoon you two!

wFN36gm.png
    "I'm really going to miss this place. It feels like home."
    "I know, I'll miss it too. We'll come back again Babe, I promise. Hopefully sooner than later."

z2uS8Rw.png
    "Thanks again for suggesting we come here, best *kiss* suggestion *kiss* ever! *kiss kiss*
    "Aww, you're always so sweet to me."
    "I can't help it, I guess I'm a bit sweet on you. Okay, A LOT sweet on you."
    *gigglesnort*

TKPloB5.png
    "I guess this is it then. Shall we?"
    "Just one more thing first."

emLWtzj.png
    Goodbye Batuu, I'm going to miss you! Keep the light on for them!

1qzUAui.png
    Here's all the stuff Josh and Essa bought to bring home with them, besides their lightsabers. I love all of it! The Droid heads are blue/white though, not black/white, but oh well...

That's it for this update, next up is GeekCon! I'll get started on comments/replies next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Myshuno Meadows looks so pretty in the snow, I don't think my Sims have ever been there in Winter. Love the Snowpal, one of my favorites. Aww, so nice you picked Essa to bartend. Even if she is grumpy again. :D Funny she made three drinks. Curious why you didn't just have them cook something or grab a quick meal for Robin. Guessing you maybe wanted to know the name of Jules' favorite drink? I wonder what EAPA stands for. Oh good, she's happily singing now, always loved that coat on Essa. Yay! Got the H&H aspiration completed and the Jokesters won! Congrats! Gorgeous screenshot of the fireworks in the snow. Ouch Ruby with the D-, but at least she passed! ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Love the Daily pic! <3 Congrats to Melody for finishing the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration! Wow, look at those two hunks! I can't get over how good Nik looks younger. I mean, he's gorgeous and distinguished older too. HAHA! 'Old snob' 'look like a librarian.' Those two are so hilarious trading barbs back and forth. :D

Aww, Greg is such a good Dad, and good cover Melody saying you just overheard them talking! hehe So weird seeing Nik with the smoke around his feet. o.O Ooo Cordelia! I bet she's really freaked out now. Oh that's right Nik can read minds, so he knows about the baby. Of course she'd go to the Realm. She wants to be with Simeon, for comfort and love. Fantastic update! I am loving this so much! <3

Thankfully Imgur is back to normal now. I'm guessing their site security certificate just expired and somebody dropped the ball to renew it. Seems to be renewed now. :) Thanks about the daily pic! I wanted to have at least one screenshot of the three suns. I LOVE the graphics and lighting in Batuu! Oh! One of those wraps is steak? Gah, I must've missed that. Josh would've picked the steak one in a heartbeat. hehe

You have custom graphics rules eh? Very cool. I always wondered why your backgrounds are always so crisp and clear. I've tried turning off Post Processing to get that, but I miss the sun rays too much. Not sure but I think turning it off affects shadows too. What are the other benefits of your custom rules? Very curious about that since you know I love great graphics. :)

hehe Out of the three actual lightsaber fights they've had together, Essa has won 2 of them! She's a bad butt! Maybe she's finally found something she's better at than Josh! :D

I apologize for being so late with these, meant to do them last night, but it got late and I kept yawning so figured I better just go to bed and do them with fresh eyes in the morning. I'm still trying to get a handle on my new schedule. I'll get there, eventually. :) Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night!
    October - Day 28: "The Geek is strong with this one!"

PlipomZ.png

Notes
    4hfaSWv.png
    Every computer was taken when Josh and Essa arrived at GeekCon. No worries though, they're Spellcasters! Sorry, Maralyn, Josh will make it up to you, somehow...maybe. I find it funny the ears of her costume aren't frozen. They look like horns to me.

Ks34XNx.png
    Essa was able to grab an empty gaming mat and immediately entered the tournament for Pros. Good luck!

SCPZTlh.png
    No way to tell who is just playing for fun or in the competition, but here are some of her potential competitors; Nik Sr., my Sim Tina Tester and Essa's Dad, Simeon.

aNN8Mpc.png
    A potential competitor for Josh in the Hackathon grabs an empty computer, my Sim Autumn Woods. She looks determined to win and she has a good chance to do it too. Autumn did one of my tries at the Room Challenge for me and I know for a fact she has maxed out Programming.

fZiev50.png
    Looking around to see who else was attending GeekCon, I saw; Ridge Everest, Jessie Harlow (in the Llama costume), Sam Murdock, acting as a vendor again, Kira Kenyon in the yellow glasses and last but not least, Inna! The Sim in the merchandise booth is just a game generated nobody. Kira looks upset with Ridge for some reason.

cbEaMoH.png
    Usually wherever you find Inna, Nik is not far away and vice versa. Looks like he was either finished with the gaming challenge, or just gave up to try the Hackathon instead. I was a little worried since I have no idea if he has any programming skills.

aUuuiy3.png
    False alarm though, he's just playing more video games. Had no idea he was such a geek for them. Go Nik!

tb9WYpx.png
    Apparently, Autumn wasn't entering the Hackathon either! Whew! Cool, that means, so far, Josh doesn't have any competition!

3TGpNvg.png
    But, then Caroline Albright, Essa's former Glimmerbrook real estate agent sat down at Autumn's abandoned computer. I checked and she's definitely entered Hackathon. I'm still not worried though, I know for a fact Caroline has zero programming skills. Unless she acquired some on her own somehow.

uOd8ED0.png
    Poor Maralyn finally broke out of her icy prison. Instead of blue colored skin, she's white! Maybe all Sims with darker skintones turn white instead of blue when they are chilled? I have no idea.

tuq9iBw.png
    Uh oh Josh, somehow she knows it was you that froze her, despite using your spectral finger to cast the spell from a distance. I hope she doesn't come after you some day for revenge. o.O

OWpgffw.png
    Okay, and here's another competitor, a game generated one. Great... I hope the game didn't decide to throw a ringer into the mix and squelch Josh's chances of winning. *crosses fingers*

Cww4Ttn.png
    Josh finished the Hackathon and since Essa was still playing on the gaming mat, he hopped into the observatory to take a look around. Maybe he'd spot Samara lurking about. I doubt she's flying above you though Joshie.

fVvdm02.png
    I got a bit of a scare when Essa finished the tournament, she lost! Oh great, now what! I doubt there's enough days in the month left for GeekCon to come around again. Fortunately, after looking at the aspiration goals a bit more closely, I realized all she really had to do was the Ultimate Gaming Test, not a tournament to fulfill the goal. D'oh! She passed that with flying colors! Josh won Hackathon too so they both have now completed the City Native aspiration! Congrats you two! Josh left the observatory to come over and give Essa a congratulatory hug after hearing the announcement.

"Great job Beautiful!"
    "You too Babe. What should we do now?"
    "I have an idea. What do we have that probably not many, if anyone else has here?"
    "Ohhh, I know what you're talking about. Perfect thing to do at GeekCon!"

RKFcDd3.png
    I had them change into their cold weather wear, just because they look more like bad butt street fighters in black and the big boots for their match. It was a bit chilly anyway for the third day of Fall. Not that they care about such things. They were standing on the path inside the festival when I clicked for Josh to challenge Essa, but I guess there wasn't enough room there and ran around outside the fence. Nobody watched them, but oh well. They still were having fun.

b0DujsP.png
    Look at Essa's face, she's determined to win, again. Good luck Essa!
    "Pfft, who needs luck when you've got MY skills."
    Okay, well she certainly has enough confidence to win anyway. Go for it Essa!

13EwVgD.png
    Look at her go! I think she's knocked Josh's lightsaber out of his hand.

3acDqNy.png
    Yup, and there it goes! Essa wins, again! Wow! Congrats!

HTIKCCP.png
    "Whoa! Hey, hey, hey, be careful with that thing Beautiful."

XV4tYBO.png
    "Oh, sorry Babe, guess I got a bit caught up in the moment. You know I wouldn't actually hurt you though."
    "I know. You are SO good at this! I'm a bit jealous! But proud of you Beautiful!"
    "Thanks Babe."

WhsZXvF.png
    "Great match! Looks like you've found something you're better at than I am."
    "Nah...maybe? You think so? I probably just got lucky."
    "No way Jose, luck is winning once, this is twice, you're good! Own it!"
    "Alright, I will! Yay for me! Honestly though, you're just as good Babe."
    "Maybe, doesn't matter. It's just fun!"
    "Would you like to head over to the Honeypot and sing together again?"
    "Sure, I'd love to, let's go!"

BaUczNG.png
    They sang another ballad together and of course sounded like pros at it. I love this screenshot so much. Mostly because of their clasped hands and sweet looks at each other, but you can also see both of their wedding rings too.

IEMvfE1.png
    Of course they shared a kiss afterward. I love these two so much! <3

wnRFgOc.png
    "There's a singing competition tonight, did you want to enter it?"
    "Do you?"
    "Not really, I just want to go home and get naked."
    "Well that's certainly right to the point, my randy Husband."
    "You were thinking the same thing, I can see it in your eyes, my equally randy Wife. Admit it."
    "Got me!"
    "I certainly do, and I'm never letting go."
    edited October 2021
    Update 297 - The Mural

TaY0Yv7.jpg
    Since they were already at the Arts Center for the H&H Festival, I decided Jules could knock off another milestone and paint a mural. wE4YlXq.png

Emmett joined her and shared some ideas for the painting.
    wQ1vK5a.png

I just thought they way they're looking at each other was cute :)
    Dbiyu5y.png
    3b99MD2.png

Angela Pleasant popped by to help paint. Emmett was not pleased.
    73oHckI.png

"Well fine, I didn't want to help anyway...."
    VX8dHYq.png

Some progress.
    tctaMEx.png

Ulrike Faust showed up and aggressively painted for a bit too.
    5nxlEU3.png

When they finished, Emmett autonomously blew her a kiss <3
    JpLZ9Bx.jpg

Sorry I'm getting behind on comments. Started a new term for school and it's busier and the work load is heavier than usual so I'm swamped :(
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited October 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    I already posted, as you now by now, the info of the graphic file I use, by message. As I knew yesterday that I had no time to make these comments :)
    -- Last Batuu part, yes, I had similar troubles with the money cheat. I tested it with Bella when she first went there, she had done nothing else. Then it worked. On her second trip, nope, not anymore :) But yes that is one way to do it, what you did :) It came to my mind too, but I did not suggested it if it would of sound too "cheaty" , BUT as you said, nothing to do with other world aspirations, so it would of been fine :) I am glad you figured it out, will do the same myself :)
    Still no Ronto steak, I see :) It was the rabbithole diner at first order area where Malcolm had that :) All those have different menus :)
    That hat with goggles, you need to be at level 4 at popularity in resistance , to unlock :)
    And lots of woohoo, naturally :smiley:
    -- HAHA, so Josh :"if I do not get a computer, I freeze the dudes who are using those!" :joy:
    Nik Sr is just getting used to computers, there were none when he was young, long , long, looooong time ago :p
    Haha, who knows, maybe she IS flying above them :D Broom, perhaps :p
    YAY! Congrats for completing the aspiration with both! :)
    Haha, Essa in on fire with those light sabers :p
    Aww, sweet ending <3

@permanentrose ,
    -- Lovely mural :) Hey give Angela a change, Emmett!! :D Tho I think she went away as there was blizzard or too cold :D
    Nice from Ulrike to help them :)

And out of spoiler, about the graphics file, in case anyone else do not have it and wants to try it, I use this:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/55891224
    If never heard of this, best IS to read the page of the older version first:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/simp4sims-01-51380490

edited October 2021
    October - Day 29: "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."

8VgDe0U.png

Notes
    XkuzoUe.png
    It was a crisp, cool Autumn day in San Myshuno. A light snow fell silently for a brief time, hinting at the coming Winter. Essa and Josh took care of their garden and a few other things before heading out to explore the city some more. There were still many areas they haven't visited yet.

wSvVxAT.png
    They found a fishing spot in the Arts Quarter fountain centerpiece and decided to see what they might catch there.

vxW5wAi.png
    "Wow, they stocked this with salmon? Well, that's cool."
    "Nice catch Beautiful."

They fished for awhile, and caught a couple more salmon, but mostly smaller fish. Josh wanted to check out the Casbah's music section so they wandered over there next.

2KpGihn.png
    Josh picked up a vintage guitar and started jamming a funky tune on it. Essa stood by cheering her delight. Essa played a very expensive violin next, a melancholy ballad piece that almost made Josh weep with the beauty of the notes Essa coaxed from the strings.

They spent some time in the music room playing around, viewed some other art and sculptures before heading over to the Spice District for some dinner.

YQGG1u3.png
    "I told you not to order that."

k3iZZf4.png
    "I've been thinking about something. I love the city and I know you do too. But, I miss forests, wide open fields, wildlife and just being surrounded by nature instead of concrete and skyscrapers. What do you think about moving back to the countryside? Maybe somewhere like where we said our vows."

K4c2OqW.png
    "I love that idea! I miss living in the country too. Did you have somewhere in mind?"
    "Not really, but we can start by giving Caroline a call and see what she has listed. She brokers more areas than just Glimmerbrook."

oQtn8HA.png
    "Great idea, we can look around online too. I think somewhere with some acreage for our garden, and I've been thinking about having a dog. Maybe you could get a real cat too, one like that statue you've had for years."
    "Oh, pets! We've never had those before, I like that idea! Somewhere on the coast or at least on a lake would be good too, don't you think?"
    "Definitely!"

vQzYSWZ.png
    "Cool. Well I guess we're moving again."
    "Are you sure you're fine with this? We really haven't l lived here very long. Seems like we're always moving."
    "Hey, I love that though, it's exciting! We get to see and do so much together. One of these days we'll settle down somewhere. Who knows, maybe this next place will be the one. But I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet, we have too much to do, see and explore yet, right?"
    "Right! I knew you'd say that. I don't think I'll ever be ready for a rocking chair, except maybe to knit."
    "Alright, we'll get started on that tomorrow. It's late and I'm sure Caroline is probably asleep by now."

gSTOr7h.png
    It may be late for some, but the city never sleeps and neither do Essa and Josh. At least not much. They'd both been curious about someone acting like a statue of an astronaut while they ate, so wandered over to check it out.

"Woo hoo! Great job whoever you are, you're a rock. I haven't seen her flinch once."
    "Eh, I bet I could make her move." *Follow my lead* Essa whispered to Josh.

Y6wYMZI.png
    "OH MY GOD JOSH! That truck's on fire! Hey, you RUN! It's right behind you! FIRE! FIRE! RUN EVERYBODY!"

The golden girl stood steadfast. She had heard it all before and wasn't fooled. Not even a little.

soasobX.png
    "Alright, good job lady, I'll give you a tip for that."
    "Let me try. Maybe I can make her laugh."

viyGs3n.png
    "Hey golden girl, have you ever heard this one?"

HIeEGUH.png
    "Booga, Booga, Booga BOO!"
    "Seriously Josh?"
    *hehehe*

7BkWvz1.png
    "Ha! It worked, she laughed...she...laughed..."

tgc7Jxa.png
    XM2RSCy.png
    "I'd know that laugh anywhere. I know it's you. Hello Maree."

FzusFZC.png
    "You always could make me laugh Josh. "

JJAQaOV.png
    "I never thought I'd ever hold you in my arms again. It feels so good."
    "Is this what you meant when you said I wouldn't recognize you in your letter?"
    "In part, but not...completely."

Ne2KTGc.png
    "You know what I have to do now, don't you Maree? I have to call my CO and turn you in."
    "Oh please Josh, no, don't do that. They'll make me go back, I don't have a green card. You wouldn't really do that to me would you? How could you do that to me. You loved me once, please, I'm begging you, just let me go. I'm not a threat to anyone, I haven't hurt anyone and I won't hurt anyone. I can't live back there anymore, I can't, I can't. They'll find me and kill me. I'll never make it out of the airport."

YqncHbY.png
    "I did love you Maree, and...a part of me always will. But I have to do this. You know I do. Please, don't worry, I turned in the letter you wrote to me, they know your story. I'm sure they'll go easy on you. None of this was your fault. Aren't you tired of living on the street? Wouldn't you like some help? Let me help you, okay?"
    "How? How can you help me? You just want to send me back."
    "No, I don't, we don't. Essa and I have talked about this, what could do to help if we could find you. If they'll allow it, and I think they will, we'd like to sponsor you. Have you come live with us. We'll do everything we can to help you make a better life for yourself than what you've had all these years. We'll help you learn a skill, find a job, your own place and anything else you need. You can stay with us as long as you need, we both want to help you, right Essa?
    "

Samara turned and looked at Essa with such hope in her eyes, especially when Essa nodded her head and smiled at the woman who once held her husband's heart. A woman who once also had the right to call him her husband. His first love.

"Okay, but, if that's true, why can't I just live with you now. Why turn me in?"
    "Maree, you're a fugitive. If they found out you've been living with us, that's harboring a fugitive, they'd throw us and you in jail and then definitely send you back. We have to do this the right way, it's the only way we can help you. I'm sorry."
    "You always were a good soldier. Alright, I'll...trust you. I guess I don't have a choice, do I?"
    "No, you don't."
    "I could run? I'm pretty fast."
    "Maree, please don't do that. We're both Spellcasters, you wouldn't get very far. Don't make me do that, this is hard enough as it is, believe me."
    "Oh..."

5p4w0Jt.png
    "Will you go with me? Can I at least go get my things?"
    "Yes, of course, we'll both go with you and take you to get your things first."
    "Thank you Josh, Essa...I'm so scared."
    "I know, it'll be okay, I promise."

ERI9WHe.png
    "Brigadier Joshua Hunter reporting Sir, I have Samara Jameel in my custody. No, no, that's not necessary. I'll bring her in myself if that is acceptable Sir. Yes Sir, Thank you Sir. We should be there by 0300. Yes Sir, Goodbye Sir."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on

Melody Connors

September, day 6 part 2.

AEr8KIR.png
    The one with the books.

FepEUFf.png
    After school, she really wanted out from Hollow.
    AEr8KIR.png
    VQYcu29.png
    She had those books her mom gave with her..
    8FtIXRZ.png
    Minerva :"I really have other things to than babysit! I need to tell Simeon I will not do this anymore!"
    Hp9kMmS.png
    She remembered that Sulani hold a festival at Wednesday.. meaning tonight.. from her dream. She texted Judith to go with her.
    Judith was fine but when she mentioned Sulani, she was so ill again.. hmm.. Weird.

ukNEul0.png
    "It's so beutiful here.."
    NYk9OzO.png
    "Why I know where to go? That dream was so real.."
    nd1Hqq9.png
    "Of course, I am too young to drink this.. I'm going elsewhere.."

Dwln5AA.png
    She went to the place were she had lived in her dream.. same place she visited fast with Judith.
    u4Pr0WJ.png
    "NO! There is nothing for me anymore! I have to accept it really was just a dream!"
    And she left.

mg0XE51.png
    She went to San Myshuno.
    oaI93Fe.png
    In her dream she was going to move in a flat in that apartment. Obviously not happening anymore.
    YETHJn9.png
    It was so quiet.. hard to believe she was in the big city..
    MJ6QJjE.png
    kOdTnBU.png
    If not counted that lonely stray, who soon took over one of the tables.
    l0qf79E.png
    Some totally random teen dude came to paint, didn't even asked if it is okay. Her mural, after all..
    XnoRVhz.png
    Then another teen dude showed up..
    SzAeJd6.png
    fWM1yIH.png
    He flirted with her, the awkward teen way, and she replied back, he was cute.
    H9Lzimw.png
    But then that dude tried to kiss her (autonomous fist kiss, mod), but there she draw a line! No, not this fast!
    uAb613u.png
    She did give him her phone number.. well, he was cute, and after all, she had nothing to lose, not anymore, not a thing, she already lost everything.
    p8o0eLc.png
    Poor dude left right after, still embarassed about the kiss fiasco.
    mcDzo97.png
    RF5vceb.png
    She continued painting, started raining.. but she finished it.
    vLXSjIK.png
    No fish left, and soon no plasma fruit either.

KJ9jtpc.png
    She arrived to San Mushuno Meadows , raining there too, but she needed some fish.
    SrKAUey.png
    Well, she ain't made of sugar.
    vsZruKE.png
    Weather cleared, and she kept fishing..
    7utLj42.png
    untill sunny morning arrived to the city.

edited October 2021
    Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. It was an utterly exhausting week so I needed to a day off from posting. I may post twice in the next few days just to catch up, we'll see! Again, sorry to be so behind. I miss having more time for this challenge :(

---

Update 298 - The Fire

5eYaoe8.jpg
    Emmett, I think you should maybe focus on extinguishing yourself instead of that dog bed that is already clearly charred to a crisp :D
    L98QDwr.png

Well, somehow he managed to escape unscathed.
    2kEt4kF.png

Delayed panic.
    yqImnVN.jpg

"Well, it seems safe to go back inside now and go about our lives."
    eXB1xIE.png

"Oh no. My bed..."
    oLbuJci.png

"Dill, did you do this??"
    "Don't look at me!"
    VuRVRWK.png

And there go the lights...well, I guess this day can't get any worse, can it? :D
    EHu2g9D.png

"It's okay, Pickle, look, I got you a new bed!"
    ECarJs2.png

And a quick payment to Malcolm's parents got their lights back on.
    2SkCvLz.png

"Let me just clean up a bit now."
    T1tQOCp.png

"And look, it's like it never happened. Happy napping, Pickle."
    dsxWCXi.png

And some super efficient baby care...
    2YIjNfx.png

And a bum nuzzle haha.
    HiXPdqP.jpg
    edited October 2021
    *Updated my October 29th post above! I apologize for not being able to update and comment this morning. I had some things that needed attention this morning and ran out of time before the MSU vs. Michigan University game started. We're BIG Spartan fans, our Son attended MSU and I used to work for the University and wanted to watch the game together. After the game, (We won!) Hubby went hunting with our Son and I went along to stay with our DIL and play with our Grandchildren until they returned. We just got home not long ago.

I'll be posting just a daily pic for today momentarily. Tomorrow I'll be building a house or renovating a download from the Gallery for Essa and Josh to live in Brindleton Bay and the first post for November will be a time jump post. I'll get started on comments after today's post, but might not be able to finish them again. I'm so sorry, I hope y'all understand. Hope you had a wonderful day/night too! <3
    October - Day 30: "Goodbye San Myshuno!"

uuLyc7W.png

Notes

I might update this tomorrow with some WIP photos of what will be their new home in Brindleton Bay, tomorrow's post will most likely be more of the same. We'll see how it goes. November sure snuck up on us fast eh? At least it did for me anyway. Hopefully have comments/replies next! <3
    @permanentrose
    Aww, how cute, flirting and painting together. Cute mural though! :)

Whew! Thought Emmett was a goner there for a second. o.O And of course the delayed panic sets in. hehe Aww, poor Pickle, hey don't blame Dill, she didn't start the fire! Uh oh, somebody forgot to pay the bills. hehe But alls well that ends well, lights back on and new bed for Pickle! Oh man, that Super Efficient Baby Care is freakin' hilarious! :D Makes me laugh every time. Especially since the baby gives out a little 'O' about it. HAHA! Bum nuzzle! :D Oh my God, I've never seen anything like that before. Even if Dill is doing something else in reality, it sure looks like she's nuzzling his butt. :D

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh good, I'm glad you thought of the same thing. And yeah, it's cheaty, but NOT cheaty in this situation. :) Ohhh, no wonder I didn't see steak on the menu for them. They only went to the First Order to get the Droids. They never ate there. I'll remember for next time! Thanks!

Thanks about the tip about the hat with goggles too! I'm getting that hat for Josh when he goes back by himself. Count on it! ;) Hey, why not use his Spellcaster skills to get what he wants? Gotta have some perks of being one, right? ;)

HAHA! Oh that's a very, very good explanation why Nik was using the computer! Oh dear, so you think Samara is a witch eh? Hmm, well I guess she could be one for all he knows. hehe Yep, Essa is a bad butt with a lightsaber! I'm so glad, she needs something Josh can't consistently beat her at every time. Go Essa! <3

Such beautiful screenshots! That graphics rules file is the best eh? I love it! <3 Minerva sure looks bored. hehe Aww man, poor Judith is still freaked out about that photo of herself. I guess I don't blame her. Bummer about the Kava. I think teens really can drink it, but I'm glad you said she can't, it's realistic.

Gah! Melody, the photo was RIGHT THERE in the bucket. How'd she not see it? I don't know if it would've helped anything, but at least she'd probably know why Judith was freaked out and have some solid proof in her hands that something weird is going on.

Oh! What an absolutely adorable kitty! Oh, don't know who the one teen guy is, but he's cute. And Hello Jon! She rejected him? o.O Whoa! Well at least he got her number. ;) Still some hope for cute teen Jon to get that kiss! hehe Love that mural, another one of those optical illusion things. Absolutely LOVE that screenshot with the moon when she's fishing. <3 I hope she got a good supply of fish. :)

And now I'm off to bed. *Yawn* G'Night everyone! <3
    Update 299 - Last minute aspirations

AKrD61M.jpg
    Wow, the end of the month really crept up on me! Can't believe it's already the last day of October!

So basically I just had to get Jules to finish up this aspiration. Thankfully she had already won a contest at GeekCon, so I was able to check that one off. Daily photo is of her getting her singing skill up. She's at a level 9 right now, I think I'll be able to get her up to a 10 next time I log in though.

And she also had to collect money from a protester, so she started her own protest which she can do in the political career.
    MQgB3Ff.png

Thankfully she was able to collect a donation even though she was the one to start the event.
    w1l4Gcs.png

She gathered a nice little crowd!
    CT2J70M.png

And yes, that's the hermit from my game. Very fitting that he chose the protest platform of "Speak for the Trees."
    P1mvjzZ.png

So much like her mother already haha.
    qHC1Q0W.png

Gotta scramble and figure out my plans for next month now haha. I think I'll be looking in the gallery for a house for sure lol.

@Karababy52 ,
    Thanks :) Yes I love the new version of that graphicrules file. Those islands in Sulani do not float anymore , and those did with one of the older versions.
    Haha, funny thing is, I almost yelled myself to that picture of Melody that "LOOK YOU DAAMMIIITTTT, IT IS IN THE BUCKET!!" :)
    Oh teens can drink kava?? Okay, I did not just said so, I assumed that was the case as Melody had no options when I tried to click to that bowl.
    --- That fish spot in the city, I would like to know who's great idea it was :p As melody has got even tunas there :D
    And lovely pictures, I bet it feels different now when nothing gets blurred :)
    Okay , they found Samara :) Well written, and I liked the point when Josh recognized her :smiley: And hey, at least she was dressed like astronaut, sooo, Josh was not so far when looking for her with that telescope , haha :smiley:

-- That is great pic of the city :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- Hehe, Emmett looks more annoyed than scared while standing there, in the middle of the fire.
    Parsley is not guilty , Pickle, this time..
    Funny dialog between pets, and laughed to that look on Pickle's face when lights went out :p
    Yep, it is all Nancy, Geoffrey would of given more time to pay the bills :)

-- She looks so mad when protesting :) Funny that hermit traveled all the way to take a part :smiley:

edited October 2021
    October - Day 31: "Chateau Raines Renovation WIP (formerly Chateau Friese)"

28MtZV2.png

This is the one and only time I ever tackled a mansion in TS4. It was owned by the Delgados in Brindleton Bay. I was playing a Rags to Riches Sim, Vivienne Raines, and for some reason let her buy a lottery ticket after only playing her for three days. She won! D'oh!

Rather than just delete her winnings, I decided to let her keep them and kicked out the Delgados to remodel their home for her. I was nice though, I made a copy of the original house and placed it elsewhere for them to live in.

It took me weeks to renovate this and by the time it came to landscaping, I did the bare minimal because I was seriously just done! I didn't want to look at it anymore. I took a serious amount of time on just the structure of the build, it was a mess! The inside was mostly gutted, but I did keep the basic layout, somewhat.

The third floor had me in tears. Unless you've tackled this house yourself, or had Sims live in it, you have no idea how bad it was up there. o.O Vivienne moved in, but never 'lived' here. When I loaded up this save to get a copy of the house, she still had the 'dazed' moodlet from winning the lottery that would last another 4 hours. No expense was spared so the final value is over 580,000! It would've been more with proper landscaping and perhaps a pool/patio area, which I will build for Josh and Essa.

This is the front of the house. I did take my time with that front landscaping. At least by the front walk and part of the front. I will most likely put some plants/flowers around the gazebo and perhaps a bit more foliage/trees.

Notes
    guZdYgI.png
    The right side needs landscaping as well, it only has that one lonely tree. The side porch has a seating area and that's it. The second floor balcony has a chess table, seating, I think windchimes and an easel. The enclosed area with the open half latticed windows is only accessible from the children's room. There is a doll house and science table out there now. Everything to do with babies, toddlers and children will be gone when I'm finished.

L0NP9oo.png
    Obviously the backyard is set-up for Vivienne's non-existent future children. The aforementioned pool/patio area will go back here, naturally, including a hot tub! All the dog training equipment will be placed out here for Josh as well. The back porch has seating, windchimes and a pet bed, all of which will most likely stay.

9i99oPq.png
    Oh boy, that chimney needs serious work. What was I thinking? Thankfully, I believe we've had more chimneys in packs since 2019 so I should be able to fix this up. I don't like that squared off corner hanging out there either. I'll try to fix that as well. I think the roof of the gazebo is too pointy or something as well. It needs something. Maybe just a finial on top. Hmm... needs landscaping too.

C5NNiGd.png
    Roof up view. Where the glass roofing is now located used to be just a flat cement piece with a low fence around it. I'll probably leave this as is or perhaps put a platform in it's place if I build a greenhouse instead of housing their plants on the third floor and a few on the second as it stands now.

7igO9s6.png
    Ground floor. Includes the living room, formal dining room, a laundry/pets supplies room, kitchen with see-thru bar, casual dining, card/gaming table behind the stairs, full bathroom, relaxation/meditation room and a second living/family recreation room.

sPLzceS.png
    Second floor contains the Master bedroom with a luxury en suite, small gardening area with glass roofing, children's bathroom, a nursery, toddler room and children's room all equipped for two, plus numerous play/skill objects in the hall area including also an aquarium and various pet objects. The only rooms that will stay as is are the Master Bedroom, en suite and the children's bathroom will be remodeled for adults.

The toddlers room will be renovated for an adult and the other two bedrooms gutted. Not sure what the nursery will be, but the children's room will probably be where all the veterinarian equipment will be placed. Not sure yet if the plant pots will stay or something else will go here, perhaps a study/computer area.

gv6jHtQ.png
    Third floor. Not sure what if anything I will do up here. Depends on a few factors. I'll at least remove the pipe organ and perhaps the DJ/Party area. I might keep it though until after the reception. However, I would replace the current DJ booth with Essa's upgraded booth.

I took screenshots of every room and areas around the house, but obviously there are too many to post on the forum. I'll include just a few of the rooms I know will stay almost as is with minor changes. All others will most likely be completely gutted and/or remodeled/updated. The majority of paintings will be replaced with their own family photos and paintings.

eDMRpgp.png
    Ground floor living room, first thing seen when entering the home. Josh and Essa will have at least one cat and one dog. Maybe two cats. Obviously I won't show every angle, but you can see most of this area anyway.

RNiEJif.png
    Here is the other side. The door on the right goes to the laundry/pet supplies room. It's too small to show, but the washer/dryer and hamper in here will be going bye-bye. It'll probably be simply a pet supplies room. On the left is a full bathroom. Too small to show as well, it's nothing special anyway.

H1fwkeo.png
    Formal dining room.

aZCIYnv.png
    View of the kitchen from the archway entrance looking toward the backyard. I'll most likely replace appliances with their upgraded versions. The coffee pot and tea maker will be going bye-bye.

YGBqvLz.png
    Here's a look at the see-thru bar area. I love how this turned out! The Family schedule board thingie on the left wall outside the kitchen will be removed.

CU7MfMY.png
    Casual dining area.

gYDhWAn.png
    The aquarium will most likely be replaced with their own since this one doesn't hold enough fish. The door goes to the back porch. I find it ironic the cat is the same as the one Essa's had for months, and the dog looks like Josh' childhood pet, Buster! It's almost as if this home was meant for them eh?

r5yEGsx.png
    Across from the casual dining area is the relaxation/meditation room. Here's a view of the left side.

jIqAxPO.png
    And the right side. The door goes to another porch.

YYNFc46.png
    Looking through one of the twin arches for the second living/family recreation room.

TOrjtk2.png
    And through the other arch.

y8xtJCy.png
    Seating area. Some items in here will be removed and/or replaced.

B6nOBOP.png
    Looking from the Master Bedroom door. Love that fireplace sitting area. There IS a column on the right side, I guess it disappeared because I was too close to it.

LuSq8RI.png
    Personal home gym is located in here.

lwYr62p.png
    This bedroom is HUGE! I love it!

Zmer2vn.png
    A few peeks at the luxurious en suite black, white and gold bathroom including a make-up table for Essa.

5vxqkpE.png
    Behind that door and mirrors is a shower and toilet on either side.

X3dMvCH.png
    On the other side of the wall where the sink is located is a romantic and relaxing tub area.

ndhjxW6.png
    Third floor has a music area with all instruments available in the game plus a karaoke machine and microphone.

gYriLuI.png
    Across from that is a gardening area with a glass roof.

X7EDNvn.png
    The DJ booth/dance floor area. Not shown is a plant wall and door to a covered open air area with seating and the coffee table with the faux fire pit.

And that's it for this preview of the build I have in mind to renovate for Essa and Josh. My first post for November will either include screenshots of their updated home or a time jump story part. It depends on how fast I can get this renovated.

Just a note about what Essa will be doing this month. I was under the impression there were no aspirations associated with Brindleton Bay and/or Pets, but there IS one, Friend of the Animals! So she will be doing that aspiration and complete the Veterinarian skill, most likely at home. However, she MAY also own and practice in a Veterinarian clinic as well. Josh will be doing the dog training skill.

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope everyone has a wonderful day/night and a Happy Halloween! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited October 2021
    Update 300 - Duplantier Dwelling

OUJmXtJ.jpg
    "So, I have some bad news..."
    ZMZfE5T.jpg

"After that little fire we had the other day, the landlord looked more into the infrastructure of this building since it's been ages since it's had a proper inspection. His father used to own the building, but he recently passed away, so he's taken over for his father and it turns out his father wasn't up to code on many things. Turns out this building has a plethora of code violations, and we're being evicted immediately for our own safety..."
    HfwmEBy.jpg

"Oh no. Emmett, what are we going to do?"
    TGHTSHg.jpg

"Well, I've been looking into some places we can stay. Since our family is pretty big, I figured a hotel might be a tight squeeze, so I found this house in Brindleton Bay that was pretty cheap to rent, just until we figure out where we want to relocate to next. It's called Duplantier Dwelling. Looks pretty quaint...might do us some good to get away from the city anyway. The kids and pets do need more space than this apartment can provide."
    tBvEKHd.jpg

"Well, life's always been an adventure for us. Thanks for finding us somewhere to stay. As long as we stick together as a family, I'm sure we can handle anything..."
    7X2TTk5.jpg

Just a little update to segue into tomorrow, since I was a day behind anyway. Jules did max the singing skill and finished this aspiration in the knick of time haha.
    @Karababy52 and @Ellupelluellu

Sorry that I have not been commenting lately. Your updates have been great though - Kara, the rest of their honeymoon was lovely and I'm glad Josh and Essa were able to have such a memorable trip together. I love seeing your builds/renos each month, so as always I'm looking forward to seeing what you ultimately do with the house you're working on. It looks great so far! I'm also excited to see what kinds of pets might be joining your household this month too :) Ellu - I'm still super intrigued by your story and can't wait to get more answers! Great updates, both of you :)
    Today , a bit boring update, but I had to work the aspirations too, not just the story :) And for the story , I also need her to be out of home, for couple of simdays :) As lots of things have happened in Hollow in the meantime :)

Melody Connors

September, day 7 part 1.

5yMPz7p.png
    The one with the boring stuff.

uCYpGoq.png
    She called school and used one of her free days, and text her mother that she will be reading on her own peace for couple of days.
    KFo4wei.png
    SV was not the ideal place.. sure, very silent.. obviously the happenings in the lab has not happened yet. Lab was there, but no explosion yet, for a long time.. But, it was way too sunny for her.
    ru0Cqsb.png
    She went to library.. what did not looked at all as like she remembered.. well, not a surprise anymore..
    "Why is that spellcaster lady here? I just saw her in Windenburg.. oh and she was at Oasis Springs too.. "
    boVB0p3.png
    Melody: "oh hey Kat!"
    Kat: "Hi Melody! How are you? You have had some rough time? "
    Melody: "Oh, of course, everyone think I am crazy.. no, I just had a dream what felt too real."
    UEVztxk.png
    After some time, she found herself telling Kat all, she listened silently.
    5yMPz7p.png
    Not letting Kat to answer the same answers all others have done, she spooked her!
    ySBaI6U.png
    Y8P6wvd.png
    Naturally Kat found that super funny!
    Melody, thinking: "She has not changed at all! First time I can say this about someone!"
    FHh07SP.png
    "Oh yep, not changed AT all, she still leaves without saying even bye.."

yT6e9kj.png
    Ah! Always rainy Brindleton Bay !
    qssaj3i.png
    Bartender: "Do you have age for this?"
    Melody: "I bet I have, I want Plasma Jane, thank you? "
    548GVDJ.png
    Bartender: "Oh.. okay. coming."
    There was some famous sim (again someone random I downloaded) and paparazzi too.
    tQYsoHR.png
    "Hmm.. there is one place I need to go still, I used to have a plate in that boulevard... But not today."
    K5CxcEZ.png
    She kept reading..
    Cuzhdfg.png
    Even the bad weather was gone after some hours.
    BbIVMC1.png
    OH!!! YAY!!! Josh is turning to a vampire!
    jwwCXoJ.png
    bMdy3ja.png
    Okay.. hehe, small tuning on clothing department, okay otherwise.
    gvy5Bhi.png
    Yes, sorry!! I cheat you away :)

Then we are waiting for Jules to show up :)

Extra:
    cEdpydp.png

I did not post this with my update yesterday, but it was funny. That librarian lady showed up right behind drinking Melody , and then ran away like that. (Naturally she ran cause of weather, but it would fit that she ran because of she saw thirsty Melody :p

@permanentrose
    Gah! It did sneak up on us fast eh? o.O Oh that's good to know those in the political career can start a protest! Good job! :) Aww, yup, like Mommy like daughter. :) Good luck getting her aspiration finished, I'm confident you can do it! And yeah, if I didn't already have that monster mansion, I'd be looking on the Gallery myself! :)

Ohh, nice segue into next month, the building isn't safe, or up to code, I like it! :) And I love that build, I have it in Willow Creek next to the Goths since it has the Paranormal lot trait if you have the pack. :) Oh and congrats to Jules for finishing the aspiration! Yay! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my updates! Hope things slow down for you soon! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    I LOVE that Graphics Rules file, makes my game look so much better! I'm loving it! <3 Thanks very much again for the suggestion! :) So unless Melody looked at the bucket herself, without your help, she would not notice it. That's very cool! I don't know if teens can drink Kava for sure. I just assumed they could since they can drink the 'juice' at bars, right? I've never had a teen try it, but thought I saw a Let's Play where they could. Not 100% sure though. That fishing spot is just ridiculous! It's not even deep enough for salmon, should just be little fish. Oh well. YES! It does feel different, but I love it without the blur. I didn't think I would, but I do! HAHA! Oh, I didn't even think of that with Samara dressed as an astronaut! That's hilarious! hehe

Pfft, no way was this update boring! I loved it! :) She's following you Melody by orders of Simeon! Hi Kat! Such a pretty Sim, I always forget about that until I see her again. Aww, Melody told her what's going on and then scared Kat to cover for herself like it was just a scary story. :( Glad Kat laughed though, until she just freakin' left! Sheesh Kat! Rude much?

Melody looks so happy about rain! I get it, for her, no owwie sun! But it's been raining for days and days and days here and I'm sick of rain. :D Send that sun my way Melody! ;) Oh good, so teens can drink 'juice' drinks from the bar, I wondered. Josh! This is it! Oh Wow, that's probably the best transition I've ever seen! No hat, no glasses, no jewelry! The clothes leave a bit to be desired though but I'm sure you'll fix that. I love his red eyes, glad you're keeping his facial dark mode look. Aww, poor baby, almost burned up immediately! Quick, Run Josh Run for cover! ;) Gawd, yes I'm biased, but he's such a cute teen! <3

HAHA! Love the extra screenshot, even if she is just freaking out over the weather, I like your explanation better. hehe *Hugs* :)

Hope those that celebrate the holiday had a Spooktacular Halloween! BOO! <3

@permanentrose ,
    thank you :)
    -- That will be interesting house to live at :) I still haven't even tried haunted house yet :D I am so slow at gameplay :)
    Also a good reason for them to move :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes, as if free will on, sims can and very often will admire the celeb pics :) Judith indeed was so bold that she on her own admired her own pic :D
    Haha yes it came to my mind instantly after I saw she was Samara :p That Josh was not far :D
    Kat is indeed , with Inna, my favorite Maxis made vampires, I am not gonna even mention who are the ones I dislike the most :D
    -- House looks great! very lovely reno so far, and cannot wait to see it finished :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top