Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspirations you'd like to see in future refreshes

ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The Spa Day refresh has brought us three! new aspirations, so I think there might be many more. What packs would you add aspirations to and what would those aspirations be? Personally, I'd like to see aspirations added to Get to Work, maybe a Business Owner aspiration or a Dream Job aspiration, for those whose childhood dream was to be a doctor.

I'd also like to see more childhood aspirations, like a mischief aspiration, or, in a refresh of the Kids stuff pack, a Voidcritter Keeper aspiration. Kids who complete the aspiration can continue to play voidcritters as adults.
nZLbne1.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think they could split the Artistic Prodigy / Creative kid aspiration into: Art / Music / Handicraft (Woodworking / Embroidery / Knitting / Sculpting), that would make more sense (Completing ex. Art aspiration would give a boost to Painting / Photo skill instead of all creative skills). I would also like to see more challenging tasks / milestones to all aspirations (not just 1 milestone).
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'd like more deviant aspirations.
    I liked the Gold Digger Aspiration in the Sims 3, where your sim had to marry rich old sims, wait for them to die, and then marry more rich sims, all the while become richer.
    A Thief Aspiration would be cool to go with the Kleptomaniac trait.
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I liked the Gold Digger Aspiration in the Sims 3, where your sim had to marry rich old sims, wait for them to die, and then marry more rich sims, all the while become richer.

Gold digger was an actual aspiration in the sims 3? tbf I played sims 3 a lot but didn't pay much attention to the aspirations.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    ghilie wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

Gold digger was an actual aspiration in the sims 3? tbf I played sims 3 a lot but didn't pay much attention to the aspirations.

I looked it up, and it looks like it was a Lifetime Wish. I remember it being fun, like you had to view the ghost of your dead spouse and get married a certain number of times.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I've probably gone on about this before, but I think that, for one thing, every time they introduce a new skill there should be an aspiration to go with it--so I was very happy they finally included some wellness aspirations!--and I also agree that additions like a business owner aspiration to go with Get To Work would be a welcome addition. I also think GTW would be a great place add some kind of "space explorer/alien contact" aspiration, maybe along with some updates to aliens and the alien world as well, and then in a similar vein, a restaurant owning aspiration for Dine Out would be great too.
    I really have a whole list of aspirations I'd like to have, that I kind of think should have come with the packs to begin with, and at risk of repeating myself yet again (lol) they include things like:

A Master Baker aspiration, so there's actually motive to explore the cupcake machine and baking skill

Bowling King/Queen, to go with the bowling pack

A dance/dj aspiration to go with get to work (I mean, I really want a whole dance expansion/revamp, but that's another topic)

Flower arranging aspiration, since that skill is quite distinct from gardening actually

Pet Trainer, so there's something to get us into the pet training skill more (this could be a good career addition as well)

Same for veterinarian. Friend Of the Animals is quite nice, but it doesn't really do anything to get you to explore the skills that came with Cats & Dogs at all, so actual pet training and veterinarian skill based ones would be very welcome, imo.

A Photographic Artist aspiration, especially now that there's a proper freelance photographer career

Robot maker aspiration! I've played with University so much, and never once made a robot, cause none of my sims's aspirations push them in that direction, it's such a bummer

Karaoke star aspiration focused on singing--yes, the city living aspiration DOES require you mam the singing skill, but honestly that feels kinda tacked on, and I love to see a proper singing aspiration (and career too maybe) added

Speaking of city living, I also think it'd be neat to have a "collect and cook all the stall foods" aspiration or somehting like that. I actually love all the distinct foods, and adding them to my sim's "recipe book", but it'd be cool to actually have an aspiration to encourgae and keep track of that

Vampire Hunter--this is a big one. It's awesome that we have 3 vampire aspirations, but they're all about BEOCOMING a vampire; what about something focused on making garlic braids, finding cures, and slaying/curing vampires? Plus, it'd actually give a reason for a non-vampire to explore to vampire lore skill.

An "extreme explore Sulani" type aspiration--the way snowy escape has the more low key explore Komorebi aspiration, and then the Extreme Sports one, Island Living could have a counter to Beach Life that's about exploring the volcano and doing lots of deep diving, that kind of thing.

There's probably more that I may or may not have mentioned previously, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head!
  • BriettaniMichaelBriettaniMichael Posts: 18 Member
    A military aspiration and a political aspiration
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Aspirations for each of the current full time careers, perhaps an aspiration for part-timers as well. More family and romance aspirations - for example, Sims 2 had "have six grandchildren" or "have golden wedding anniversary." Of course this time the game is somewhat different but there could be different levels. We could also have a woohoo aspiration where sims want to woohoo with a set number of sims but don't necessarily want to be partners with them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I'd like to see aspirations for aliens and mermaids. The conservationist career also seems like it would go well with an aspiration.
  • MEAKA1STLADY719MEAKA1STLADY719 Posts: 7 New Member
    Id like to see an Aspiration for the Medical and Science Careers from the get to work pack. If you can own and operate your own vet clinic and restaurant why not a private practice drs office for sick sims or a mad scientist secret underground lab to experiment on unsuspecting sims or create weird creature. I think mad scientists would go great with the strangerville mystery add a new story line.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Gotten accustomed to easy-ish aspirations, so it'd be kinda fun to have a Wedding one & get some points too. My current game gave me the idea since it's taking me forever to plan the perfect one.

Wedding Aspiration
    -get engaged

While engaged:
    -change into formal wear at least once a day; 5 times max
    -eat a salad at least once a day; 5 times max
    -jog or exercise at least 1hr a day; 5 hrs max
    -take 3 Thoughtful Showers
    -have a bubble bath
    -go on date with fiance
    -have 10 Friendly interactions with fiance
    -have cake with fiance before wedding
    -have traditional wedding