Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of Stuff Pack would you like to see in The Sims 4?

Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hello!
I'm doing some research for my bachelor project and would love to hear every simmers thoughts!
So,
which type of Stuff Pack, or specific Stuff Pack, would you like to see in TS4? Please elaborate as much as you want (^_^)

Also feel free to comment if you'd like to see something that's not mentioned, like a specific room pack (bathrooms, kitchens) or anything else coming to mind.
Post edited by Jokr1929 on

Which type of Stuff Pack would you like to see in The Sims 4? 90 votes

A cultural pack representing a specifik or several cultures (and which ones?)
8%
simgirl1010friendlysimmerstaydevBlueOvaleStrawberryYogurtfiggyJALItsMeThatGuy 8 votes
A pack about a Franchise (and which one?)
1%
Lady_Ballora 1 vote
A pack with endless knickknacks to put in Sim homes
2%
AgentJuliaHeathertibb 2 votes
A rework of a pack from a previous sims game (packs from TS1, TS2, TS3)
21%
alan650111DevSims91mueller_litevcosleyFroilTeeSeamotdkChampandGirlieRenato10LatinaBunnyChadSims2EricasFreePlayabelhinha35netney52VINNIHFlikka_FlikkaamaniaaaArarineJDubtx81 19 votes
A pack about a topic that's 'popular' at the moment (Like sustainability, pride or others - I know we have Eco Lifestyle)
2%
OnverserAstro 2 votes
A decade pack (and which?)
14%
jcp011c2GracieO312texxx78OldeseadoggekappowanCharlotta11SeashoreLiviaViolettaSthenastiatemporalgodLulu29Tinker41SimsJedi 13 votes
A wedding stuff pack
10%
crocobauraCaitxcatluthienrisingloubylouloujheyjuneicePreCiiousEliteGirlihaveaplaniswearAngelbaby 9 votes
A pack for making your sim more unique (could be specific clothing or items to show personality)
4%
Allison18blackheart520musteniSiggDiggit 4 votes
A fantasy pack
34%
PlayerSinger2010Mariefoxprice83KhrisstyneDaemonPawsBabykittyjadebixtersannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieQueenMercyLiELFRedShoe7Hearts4uThriorkachingGrumpyGlowfishancaaaaaaaaAtreya33InuMiroLoverSERVERFRA 31 votes
An Orangeri pack
1%
Duskregn 1 vote

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    A fantasy pack
    A fantasy pack would be nice, perhaps pet dragons or something along those lines.
    A stuff pack with wedding dresses and wedding outfits would also be very welcome.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    A decade's pack would be really interesting. I'd love to see it come from either the Tudor or Victorian times.
    If I could vote for a fantasy pack I would and I'd like it to include fairies and werewolves.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    A pack about a Franchise (and which one?)
    I'd like to see EA collab with a franchise that isn't fashion or makeup. Here's who I'd like to see EA do collabs with:

-Six Flags Corporation(for amusement parks)

-PetSmart(for pets such as birds and reptiles,and pet products such as bird cages and dog houses)

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    @Atreya33 Dragons would be so nice! I loved them in Sims 3 even though they couldn't do much (^_^)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    A fantasy pack
    Jokr1929 wrote: »
    @Atreya33 Dragons would be so nice! I loved them in Sims 3 even though they couldn't do much (^_^)

I mostly remember them from the sims 1 days. ;) my sims had dragons before they had cats and dogs (I got that ep later on). it would be nice to have them back.
    @Lulu29 I think a tudor or victorian pack would fit in really well with some of the current items in the game, always a plus when getting new packs!
    @Lulu29 I think a tudor or victorian pack would fit in really well with some of the current items in the game, always a plus when getting new packs!

I'd really like to play some saves with that theme. I've tried in the past but unfortunately I've found it still too modern to really fit with the theme. It'd be nice if things like phones and that were optional and not having to use them or the computer to find jobs and pay the bills. Having a phone and a computer doesn't really fit in with those time periods, so if they were to make a pack with these themes it'd be nice if they could make the phones optional and not just automatically there. Computers aren't necessarily an issue as it's your choice as to whether or not you buy them.
    @Lulu29 That would be very cool! I know it's not the same but I used to be a big fan of Sims Medieval and always wanted to combine it with more of the regular options in the Sims. I also love downloading medieval or renaissance clothing but I never end up using it cause it looks like someone out of Get Famous O.o
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Wish there was an other option. I hope for more packs with new hobbies
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    A fantasy pack
    I still want:
    Centurs
    Dragons
    Elves
    Fairies
    Genies
    Hinds
    Leprecauns
    Medieval World
    Mythology Olympus World
    Superheroes & Supervillains
    Unicorns
    Underworld World
    Werewolves

That's all I can think of.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    A cultural pack representing a specifik or several cultures (and which ones?)
    Lulu29 wrote: »

I'd really like to play some saves with that theme. I've tried in the past but unfortunately I've found it still too modern to really fit with the theme. It'd be nice if things like phones and that were optional and not having to use them or the computer to find jobs and pay the bills. Having a phone and a computer doesn't really fit in with those time periods, so if they were to make a pack with these themes it'd be nice if they could make the phones optional and not just automatically there. Computers aren't necessarily an issue as it's your choice as to whether or not you buy them.

Considering how many players love to play historic periods, it would be great with a pack for a period that also allowed for a historic world (ie a world where phones, computers, cars or even bikes didn't exist). So you'd have the CAS items for everyone, but if you wanted to play full out you'd play it in this one world where everything was adapted. But then that sounds like more than a pack...
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hobbies or Free-Time but I'd also take Historic and Weddings. For historic themes, I am interested in them all.

They could give an SP with more ability to play with some of the cultures that were added with kits like Moroccan, Mumbai, S. Korea, etc.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    @Lulu29 That would be very cool! I know it's not the same but I used to be a big fan of Sims Medieval and always wanted to combine it with more of the regular options in the Sims. I also love downloading medieval or renaissance clothing but I never end up using it cause it looks like someone out of Get Famous O.o

Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play the Sims Medieval or Get Famous. A free trail of Get Famous is due to come out today so I plan on taking advantage of that. Back along I did have a go at playing on a Victorian family save the best I could using CC and the off the grid and simple living challenges to try and make it as true to life as I could. Sadly, I ended up losing the save due to broken CC and just haven't had the will power to create a new save as it was a lot of time and effort.

JAL wrote: »
    Lulu29 wrote: »

Considering how many players love to play historic periods, it would be great with a pack for a period that also allowed for a historic world (ie a world where phones, computers, cars or even bikes didn't exist). So you'd have the CAS items for everyone, but if you wanted to play full out you'd play it in this one world where everything was adapted. But then that sounds like more than a pack...

This is a great idea. I'd hope that over the next year that they would consider making something for those of us who like to play in historic periods. It doesn't seem that big of a thing to ask, really.
    @Lulu29

I've never lost a save file due to CC, but I understand how that would make you lose the motivation to start the game over. I hope you get the trial thing going, for me Get Famous is a pack I could definitely live without, having bought it at full price. But maybe there're some good costumes for a renaissance play..
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A romance pack like hot date from sims 1. FYI I thought you said pack not stuff pack as for a stuff pack I have no preference. All your ideas could be in a game or expansion pack.
    @Lulu29

I've never lost a save file due to CC, but I understand how that would make you lose the motivation to start the game over. I hope you get the trial thing going, for me Get Famous is a pack I could definitely live without, having bought it at full price. But maybe there're some good costumes for a renaissance play..

Sadly I've had it happen a couple of times. Mostly when I've downloaded CC from people's personal blogs for CC which is irritating to say the least as they have some good stuff there. I don't encounter problems when I go to mainstream sites such as The Sims Resource.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The 80s. As in 1880s. The Victorian era has lots of potential. Vampires provided a lot of CAS & BB material for the period but there is so much more that could be added to both, and across a wide range of categories. It would provide another reason for horses to be added. Functional or not, various sorts of wagons and carriages. Maybe a new world on the order of Victorian London or Paris, where with a bit of creativity there could be unique community lots and activities. This also makes the "Wild West" possible as that was in the same era. With enough of the right assets, simmers could do Charles Dickens type stories or recreate favorite westerns.

A close, but different route would be the British Regency period that preceded it. This is late 18th-early 19th centuries, and done well opens the door for Jane Austen fans. "Pride and Prejudice" sims style, anyone?
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    No franchises or RL politics in my game, please.
    The 80s. As in 1880s. The Victorian era has lots of potential. Vampires provided a lot of CAS & BB material for the period but there is so much more that could be added to both, and across a wide range of categories. It would provide another reason for horses to be added. Functional or not, various sorts of wagons and carriages. Maybe a new world on the order of Victorian London or Paris, where with a bit of creativity there could be unique community lots and activities. This also makes the "Wild West" possible as that was in the same era. With enough of the right assets, simmers could do Charles Dickens type stories or recreate favorite westerns.

A close, but different route would be the British Regency period that preceded it. This is late 18th-early 19th centuries, and done well opens the door for Jane Austen fans. "Pride and Prejudice" sims style, anyone?

I think this would be really amazing, specially with wagons and carriages. I'm very much a fan of victorian and medieval so I wouldn't mind more packs like that.
    I'm actually quite surprised by the percentage of people wanting more fantasy as their first choice, I had the understanding that a lot of people were also heavily against the occult in The Sims universe :o
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    They keep adding things like they did Sims 3 witch slows the game down, also they don't test what they put out before selling it which only adds more glitches. They need to test it with all the packs installed before putting it on the market. If you noticed when they advertise the game play, notice their screen doesn't show all the games. Just saying.
    vcosley wrote: »
    They keep adding things like they did Sims 3 witch slows the game down, also they don't test what they put out before selling it which only adds more glitches. They need to test it with all the packs installed before putting it on the market. If you noticed when they advertise the game play, notice their screen doesn't show all the games. Just saying.

That's a good point, I only have a laptop to play on so it's definitely not high performance O.o
  • blackheart520blackheart520 Posts: 7 New Member
    A pack for making your sim more unique (could be specific clothing or items to show personality)
    Since the Sims 4 CAS doesn’t have the same level of customization as the Sims 3 CAS—where I could just make everything as black or grayscale as I desired—I would greatly enjoy seeing more gothic styles. 80s, 90s, early 2000s, specialized (i.e. lolita, aristocrat, steampunk, etc.) in general. There’s so much prep style that—while yes it is all pretty/cute—I get bored of how bleh it gets to be. It’s just sad.
    Since the Sims 4 CAS doesn’t have the same level of customization as the Sims 3 CAS—where I could just make everything as black or grayscale as I desired—I would greatly enjoy seeing more gothic styles. 80s, 90s, early 2000s, specialized (i.e. lolita, aristocrat, steampunk, etc.) in general. There’s so much prep style that—while yes it is all pretty/cute—I get bored of how bleh it gets to be. It’s just sad.

Ohh I would love that! I think even though there's a lot of different clothes, they're still keeping to a general 'popular' style of clothing. I myself hate high-waisted anything and since it's so popular irl I feel like there are never any new ones, they're always at least a little high-waisted :#