Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New woodworking you want

Handiness skill is practical and useful. I love crafting gameplay that you make something yourself but I feel there is too little woodworking that we could make in game. (OK I know some item we could make by fabritor skill but chair from wood working is differrent from fabritor one, right?)
(I wish for niffy knitting overhaul that we have more crafted item you have to unlock(or found in debug) I really want to give some simple scaft or gloves)
Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please

New woodworking you want 36 votes

Piano(piano skill lv 10/handiness lv 10)(maxis match or upright one)(we can make guitar and violin but not piano?)
25%
bixtersannaliese39EnkiSchmidtEllupelluelluquækReaganboganEternalSunshineArarineJunkyPoem 9 votes
Outdoor bench
5%
CamkatJokr1929 2 votes
Sink(?) (Like you could make bathtube and toiet but not sink? Some ea sink look like make from wood too)
8%
FanPhoriaSERVERFRAPurpleHeather 3 votes
Dresser
5%
DoloresGreysuvolta 2 votes
Coffee table
0%
Bookself
2%
bluedanube 1 vote
Desk
0%
Toy (knitting give us gameplay of make toy for our kid so why not woodworking)
30%
crocobauraIsb917Mariefoxprice83iiina95sof2106ZiafarcomicsforlifePeralRememberJoyGirlFromIpanemaflaminganakin 11 votes
Chess table(I disappiont that reward chess table in outdoor retreat can't make in woodworking after unlock too)
5%
StrawberryYogurthaisin 2 votes
Another (like bed, toddler bed, 1 tile table , ect)
16%
RochertOceancatSimmingaltemporalgodBinobotBassenheimZ 6 votes

Comments

• ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Piano(piano skill lv 10/handiness lv 10)(maxis match or upright one)(we can make guitar and violin but not piano?)
    Honestly there is a lot of thing I want to add like 2 tile table, side table, swing (yup There is only 2 type of swing in game -season one and island living one. They is my fav playground item since it is only item that adult could play too (not just play with kid)), game table, vertical garden, beebox, insect box, bird house as deco and more statue. (I don't think fridge and stove gonna work)(also light) (Give idea of gameplay that you create your own house)
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Piano, not any kind of grand piano, just basic 2 tiles piano :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Piano, not any kind of grand piano, just basic 2 tiles piano :)

Yes we have key board that work as piano but it don't suit some house deco style at all
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Honestly, all of it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    toys all the way.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    I love crafting too, and the Handiness skill is one of "must" skills for my Sims.

By the way, I vote for beds.
    Although we already have a measure to craft a bed in game, it requires:
    • the Eco Lifestyle exp
    • to collect bits and pieces to fabricate a bed using a Fabricator machine
    So, it would be wonderful if beds can be crafted with a Woodworking table.
    (Of course, it requires a high-handiness skill, though.)

Plus, it would be great for me if color variation were added to crafted furniture.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
    edited October 2021
    Rochert wrote: »

Plus, it would be great for me if color variation were added to crafted furniture.

Oh yeah, we should be able to paint the wood grain in various shades.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    @Mariefoxprice83

I forgot to mention about sculptures :'(
    It would also be fantastic to paint sculptures (and toys) your sims crafted according to your taste.
    My Gallery
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Out of all of the options I like the idea of making wooden toys most. It makes me think of little wooden dolls, doll's houses, and rocking horses!

I also agree with @Rochert about adding colour variations!

I think I'd use the woodworking/handiness skill much more if the things in this thread were added.
    Rochert wrote: »
    @Mariefoxprice83

I forgot to mention about sculptures :'(
    It would also be fantastic to paint sculptures (and toys) your sims crafted according to your taste.

Sculptures could be interesting, yeah.
    @GirlFromIpanema
    I think I'd use the woodworking/handiness skill much more if the things in this thread were added.
    Good to hear that. I personally think the Handiness skill deserves your trying even if nothing in this thread were added :D
    My Gallery
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Wooden Stakes, they're not just vampire slaying weapons, you can use them as lawn decorations to keep people off your lawn just like a certain Wallachia prince.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Every normal house item so your sim needs to buy nothing.

and id like carved wood look too not just basic blocky stuff cause whats even point of woodworking if u making ikea furniture asking for a friend

also i think it would be the cutest to make some baby/toddler/ child items like rocking horses,cribs,toys and such for my sims kiddos

also rocking chairs.

we have my grandparents old rocking chair that grandpa made to ask to marry grandma from her parents
    (as proof he is worthy :lol: )
    i think it probably was half a joke but still its a lovely family heirloom

and in similar vein my dad has made lovely carved furnitures to fill our home with

carved bed, couple dressers, wooden sofa, some chests, desk,wallart, toys...

so yeah thats probably why im so disgusted by the ikea look of 99% of game i guess... blame it on family eh. :sweat_smile: it just ain't the same
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Every normal house item so your sim needs to buy nothing.

and id like carved wood look too not just basic blocky stuff cause whats even point of woodworking if u making ikea furniture asking for a friend

also i think it would be the cutest to make some baby/toddler/ child items like rocking horses,cribs,toys and such for my sims kiddos

also rocking chairs.

we have my grandparents old rocking chair that grandpa made to ask to marry grandma from her parents
    (as proof he is worthy :lol: )
    i think it probably was half a joke but still its a lovely family heirloom

and in similar vein my dad has made lovely carved furnitures to fill our home with

carved bed, couple dressers, wooden sofa, some chests, desk,wallart, toys...

so yeah thats probably why im so disgusted by the ikea look of 99% of game i guess... blame it on family eh. :sweat_smile: it just ain't the same

I am greedy person so I want everything that have mention in this thread XD (your grandpa sound lovely. You grandma is so luckly)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it would be nice if sims could carve little deco toys or figures like woodland animals, squirrels, rabbits, owls, cardinals, crows, bears, foxes and such. I think they would make nice decorations.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Small upright piano would be ideal for decades challenge, I mean decades scenario
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    Outdoor bench
    Honestly I very mush agree that there should be a lot more to be made from the woodworking table! I'm kind of reminded about the sewing machine in Sims 2 Freetime where you could basically make everything with a high enough skill. A Sim with 10 Handiness should be able to make all of the things you've described and more
  • BassenheimZBassenheimZ Posts: 8 New Member
    • Kumiko art, divider, wall décor, box, lantern
    • Wooden jewelry box
    • Wooden fountain pen box
    • Abacus, Soroban
    • Wooden bridge
    • Wooden boat
    • Portable fence
    • Coat hanger
    • Takayama Tea whisk
    • Tree house