Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    ill start: caleb vatore is not hot
    Agree 1000%!!!
    I don’t like when players put too much clutter to make a room or place look realistic, sure it works but it’s just tooo much clutter imo

I agree. Just makes the Sims' house messy looking.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited October 2021
    The sims team doesnt actually care about representation, they just want to follow trends and buy peoples loyalty by preaching inclusivity now, but let cc-ers provide content for minorities and locked ethnic clothing, hair behind paid dlc. They target young simmers whos just getting politically and socially motivated in the world because they're easier to manipulate into purchasing from brands because the company has now turned 'progressive'. Now that politically the choice of having cultural content be paid dlc or having to use cc isnt looking so moral anymore, they're trying to backtrack and give us content to customize our sims we shouldve had years ago. I hate it and it grosses me out.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    The sims team doesnt actually care about representation, they just want to follow trends and buy peoples loyalty by preaching inclusivity now, but let cc-ers provide content for minorities and locked ethnic clothing, hair behind paid dlc. They target young simmers whos just getting politically and socially motivated in the world because they're easier to manipulate into purchasing from brands because the company has now turned 'progressive'. Now that politically the choice of having cultural content be paid dlc or having to use cc isnt looking so moral anymore, they're trying to backtrack and give us content to customize our sims we shouldve had years ago. I hate it and it grosses me out.

It's nothing new in the world. During the pride month "pride" companies forgets to be "inclusive" in some parts of the world.

3bd.jpg

What is worse, in some of countries, companies censores some people (for example in China, people with a darker skin tone are censored):

pjimage.jpg

But the most of TS4 customers live in America (especially USA) and Europe and the most of them are teenagers. This people literally live in social media and huge companies has big influence on them. Fortunately this days "progressivism" is on trend but I afraid that if another views were popular, the companies would follow a negative trends for money.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    The sims team doesnt actually care about representation, they just want to follow trends and buy peoples loyalty by preaching inclusivity now, but let cc-ers provide content for minorities and locked ethnic clothing, hair behind paid dlc. They target young simmers whos just getting politically and socially motivated in the world because they're easier to manipulate into purchasing from brands because the company has now turned 'progressive'. Now that politically the choice of having cultural content be paid dlc or having to use cc isnt looking so moral anymore, they're trying to backtrack and give us content to customize our sims we shouldve had years ago. I hate
    it and it grosses me out.

Yet you're still here. 🤔

Call me naive but I prefer to think the focus on inclusivity is sincere.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The sims team doesnt actually care about representation, they just want to follow trends and buy peoples loyalty by preaching inclusivity now, but let cc-ers provide content for minorities and locked ethnic clothing, hair behind paid dlc. They target young simmers whos just getting politically and socially motivated in the world because they're easier to manipulate into purchasing from brands because the company has now turned 'progressive'. Now that politically the choice of having cultural content be paid dlc or having to use cc isnt looking so moral anymore, they're trying to backtrack and give us content to customize our sims we shouldve had years ago. I hate

Yet you're still here. 🤔

I mean they do miss sometimed but overall the sims 4 is the one if the most inclusive game there is. And I mean in the livestream the two gurus along with other Latin players where speaking in Spanish (with English subtitles) and people were complaining in the comments, being bigots, and saying they don't care about Latin culture. It was very interesting because I find this community a lot better than other gaming communities but it's still very toxic with people very against inclusiveness.

But anyways, I was glad to see that they had gurus who are Latino and that is very important to consider when talking about representation. Actually having people from different backgrounds working on the game.

The conversation about performative activism or capitalizing off of movements is more about companies changing their profile picture to a rainbow for pride month and selling a bunch of rainbow themed items just to profit off of a movement.

I mean I don't think the top at EA cares about inclusivity. But the gurus, it seems like they are trying and it gives more hope seeing some gurus apart of underrepresented groups because it's more likely that representation is more personal for them.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I also noticet this comments yesterday. I think that the biggest problem is the fact that for the most of people "inclusivity" = black representation and LGBTQIA+ representation but our world is huge and full of cultures and appearances. Even in globalisation era. I think (from european point of view) that TS4 is very americanized and USA-centric and unfortunately community also behaves this way because of EA/social media influence. Can you imagine if there were black people instead of people from South America and such comments would be sending on the chat?
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    Pets have been som of my least favourite expansion packs for TS2, TS3 and TS4, I just don't care for them

Yet you're still here. 🤔

Yes, I am here on the unpopular opinion thread to post my unpopular opinion. Im not "here" for some of the sims team choices, but im "here" for simulation games in general and the sims series. I too am a simmer 😇

I think its safe to doubt corporate sincerity lol;;; the motive is always going to be money at the end of the day. Not specific individuals, but the company itself and the general direction it follows will always be money, especially for huge companies like EA.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt, understood. I just don't support companies if I find their business practices deplorable.
    @StrawberryYogurt, understood. I just don't support companies if I find their business practices deplorable.

Thats a good point. 🤔🤔🤔👍🏾

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    I like when older content, like the calendar, gets added to the Base Game for others to enjoy.

It's like saying 'Welcome' to the newbies or showing appreciation for players unable to buy all the packs or use mods to enhance gameplay.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I'm excited about the scenarios.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims 3
    - Generations is overhyped. A few interactions are interesting but meh. I like flooding the school and throwing eggs on my neighbors' doors.
    - Seasons makes the game feel more alive but that doesn't mean it's THE best pack out there. A must-have for more realistic gameplay but it's also not all that.
    - Showtime is an amazing pack and so is Into The Future. They get too much flack and are overlooked imo.
    - Making your pet pee on other Sims is the best feature from Sims 3: Pets

The Sims 4
    - Like in The Sims 3, Seasons is overhyped. A good pack but I don't think it deserves the hype it gets.
    - Realm of Magic and Get Famous are some of the best packs I've played. Alongside City Living.
    - Cats & Dogs gives the player more gameplay, and most of us know Sims 4 is lacking a good chunk of it, so I recommend this pack. Make your animals rebellious if you want more chaos.
    - Vampires is nice, but it gets boring after a while. The Build & Buy items are nice. The CAS items are great, I love them, especially the female boots - I use them when I want to give my Sims the "Gaslight Gatekeep Girlboss" vibe. I'm not interested in playing them 24/7 either, and I don't even use the world that much. So... it's not all that.
    - I love the Tragic Clown and making my Sims wear the outfit. I feel bad for him :(
    - Considering Cottage Living is the most expensive pack while on sale, I'm good with using Eco Lifestyle, Seasons and base game gardening and Off-The-Grid trait if I want to make my Sims farm and live a natural life. And maybe some mods too. In my opinion, while the pack looks nice, it's not worth buying it.
    - Get Together can be boring if you make a club like "Homework Club" or "Summer Activites Club" and then not make them do much or there's not a plot/story behind them. What I do like about it are the items, CAS, dancing stuff and if I want to gather more Sims in a place, I can just make a club for them. I like the fact you can make chaotic clubs. I know this isn't really a chaotic club but I made 4 clowns clean, cook and tend bars for a rich man and that's quite fun. Another fun club I like to do is the WooHoo club - they basically kiss and have woohoo. I also use the club feature if I want to organize my Sims in certain groups.
    - Extreme Violence Mod is pure chaos and I'm living for it. Turns my gameplay into mayhem.
    - Packs make the game better and playable. That, if you buy DLC with gameplay in it -not Island Living or Perfect Patio-. You know there's a problem when a game needs DLC in order to be playable and fun. Base game is boring.
    Post edited by sulfurstyless on
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love playing:
    Sims 3 Werewolves, Fairies & Genies
    Sims 3 Coloring everything.
    Sims 4 Aliens with the Batuu World
    Sims 4 Having being able to delete all the lots of my worlds & making them in a certain timeline era that's not in the present
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    bluedanube wrote: »
    Unpopular? Oh boy, this is right up my alley.

1.) I didn't get the appeal of Cottage Living when they first announced it. I still don't.
    2.) The Landgraabs have overstayed their presence at the top of the chain and deserve to go into poverty by Sims 5.
    3.) That glitch many of us experienced where the surgeon penetrates through the expectant mom as they are giving birth? I don't want that fixed. That's Sims 4 at its peak.

Cottage Living still looks boring and uninteresting me months later. I’ll probably get it when it’s on sale or not at all.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't mind that we aren't getting any new packs (not including kits) this year, in fact I'm more than okay with it.
    I'm having a really good time with my game at the moment and don't need any more packs to enhance my enjoyment right now.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I have zero interest for Cottage Living. Don't really know why that is. I grew up in a countryside, in a farm dedicated to crops, and I do like that sort of lifestyle, yet the Sims iteration just doesn't pique my interest at all.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I was hesitant to buy parenthood, because I thought kids making messes would be annoying, but I have realised I actually like that feature :joy:
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited November 2021
    While none of them interest me personally enough to go out and buy them, I'm not that offended by the presence of kits, nor do I think they are replacing other packs or being pulled from packs. To me it really seems like if these packs didn't exist, nothing would have filled this gap and the timetable to the next full pack would be unchanged.

All but one of these kits contain only assets, not gameplay and presumably use artists and not developers or programmers, who are presumably working on other stuff (whether it's updates or packs), because the last time there was a huge gap in releases, people were complaining that there was no new content, and were speculating that the Sims 4 was at its end.

I'm also confused by the people who were surprised that we are getting a 4th Kit and no new pack, even though when autumn began, we were literally told we would be getting 4 kits, updates, no new pack, and that autumn covers October, November and December.

Essentially the kits are like getting some drinks at the bar while you wait for your table to be ready.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think kits should have gameplay in them. It causes too many bug issues releasing gameplay that fast which causes a lot of stress for playtesters and the QA team. I much rather have gameplay focused in Game Packs and Expansion Packs only and throw all the clutter stuff and CAS mass in the small kits.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't think kits should have gameplay in them. It causes too many bug issues releasing gameplay that fast which causes a lot of stress for playtesters and the QA team. I much rather have gameplay focused in Game Packs and Expansion Packs only and throw all the clutter stuff and CAS mass in the small kits.

I do agree but if kits don't have any gameplay then it seems like live mode doesn't really get much of anything anymore. We've had nothing but kits since Cottage Living with only one having gameplay in it. It's really starting to feel like the Sims 4 is all just about creating and that live mode is just a side show that they don't really care to develop or improve upon.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

I do agree but if kits don't have any gameplay then it seems like live mode doesn't really get much of anything anymore. We've had nothing but kits since Cottage Living with only one having gameplay in it. It's really starting to feel like the Sims 4 is all just about creating and that live mode is just a side show that they don't really care to develop or improve upon.
    Sometimes it feels like Stuff packs and Kits have replaced all the other packs at this point. I feel like they are just running out of ideas with the Sims 4 at this point they are just repeating them with the tiny packs instead of focusing on the larger gameplay ones. Cottage Living was an Expansion pack so yep of course it had larger asset limit than the small packs. I feel as if that as soon as the kits came out the live service kind of ended like how it was supposed to be like here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2016/07/14/simgurugraham-explains-the-sims-4s-live-service/

Pretty much there could be 10 kits to come out that won't even come close to the gameplay that an expansion pack can offer. I just wish they would use less assets on clutter and YA female outfits that the game already has on vast amount of especially on big meshes for EPs that really could use more gameplay resources and time and bug fixing. I also think Cottage Living has probably more gameplay in it than other expansion packs do and that they did a really nice job on the pack. Sims 4 is just unbalanced and I agree focuses too much on CAS than anything else. I do think it is interesting that people are open to a lawn mower pack however. If people want kits for gameplay boring chores, then honestly nothing wrong with that. That way maybe some supernatural and fun activities can be done for the larger packs too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I want more bassinets.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited November 2021
    So, Eliza committed a taboo and forced a restart because she interjected herself into a scene she didn't belong in. Consequently, she was unceremoniously deleted from the game. I really hate sims that force themselves into stuff that I don't want them a part of. I won't miss her.

I wasted an entire sim day trying to get rid of her, but she wouldn't leave. I wish there was a toggle to make sims leave like how you can make them leave your house. If two sims are having a friendly conversation, I don't want someone they don't know approaching them.

I made her tense, I was rude to her, I made it thunderstorm, and I tried to sing a Siren's Call to screw up her needs, and she was determined to stick around.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top