March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2021(Story Progression Patch Now Available)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
November will have 2 patches according to the Livestream. The first is Next Week with Scenerios added. The 2nd is Late November with the Industrial Windows added.

I think the Late November Update will be bigger then thier letting on too. I mean new windows can't be the only thing. There has to be more and with no eps in November or December I'm betting it will be bigger. Their just not mentioning it. There is another Maxis Livestream coming before the Late November Patch. I think more will be revealed then.

Scenerios can be picked in CAS. One is a Find Love After Breakup which leads me to believe we may also be getting a new relationship type in CAS Exes or Divorced.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    That does it, if they don't feature R&B station, I would cry for good!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not bothering to get my hopes up. Without a pack, I don't care. It's probably going to be more boring swatches that I'll never notice.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    November will have 2 patches according to the Livestream. The first is Next Week with Scenerios added. The 2nd is Late November with the Industrial Windows added.

I think the Late November Update will be bigger then thier letting on too. I mean new windows can't be the only thing. There has to be more and with no eps in November or December I'm betting it will be bigger. Their just not mentioning it. There is another Maxis Livestream coming before the Late November Patch. I think more will be revealed then.

Scenerios can be picked in CAS. One is a Find Love After Breakup which leads me to believe we may also be getting a new relationship type in CAS Exes or Divorced.

Just out of curiosity, is anybody concerned with the fact that the first scenario is a Rags to Riches challenge that the community has been doing for years?

Personally, it doesn't make too much sense to me, but if I think about it, this is their way of saying that they're acknowledging the community and the challenges, and encouraging new ways to play by encouraging new people to try it.

Could this mean the birth of new challenges possibly or does this mean that we're just going to have a prompt for community challenges in game (without crediting the person who created the challenge - I mean rags to riches have been around since forever. Who created it originally? Does anyone really know?)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Isn't this rags to riches scenario already an aspiration? Did we really needed it as a scenario? It doesn't make any sense. And break-up up one is about serial romance. I just don't see what the scenarios bring to the gameplay. They just sound like a new name and nothing more.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I actually hope that the Romantic Scenario is just an input to a future update/pack/kit with romantic themed things for BB, Cas or action.

In general, I really love the idea of having challenges in game but I hope they will add more and that they'll have more depth.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think the other two scenarios and the sdx will come with the later November patch.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I prefer to play challenges unofficially. In my experience, i never play by all the rules, i always tweak them to my liking. That's what makes it fun.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Did they explicitly say there will be two patches in November? I don't recall hearing that, only that the window would come in later November.

It's possible the window will be delivered via the new express system and there will only be one patch.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Did they explicitly say there will be two patches in November? I don't recall hearing that, only that the window would come in later November.

It's possible the window will be delivered via the new express system and there will only be one patch.

Yes I'm pretty sure they said something about a patch.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

The express system isn't ready yet. It's not coming in the next patch, but "a later one" so they have to add the window in a second November patch
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Well we know two more updates are planned.
    Add dimension to your Sims' lives and
    Customize your space with color.

Probably one in November and one in December

qjRZotx.png
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade or anything, but I have a feeling this ^^ was referring to the new swatches already added.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Well we know two more updates are planned.
    Add dimension to your Sims' lives and

I thought "customize your space with color" was a reference to the free swatch update we got at the end of September.
    hymnhehim wrote: »

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade or anything, but I have a feeling this ^^ was referring to the new swatches already added.

Yeah I'm sure it was. There's only one more update after the one that should be introducing the scenarios. I guess that one should "add dimension to sims lives". And I don't think there will be an update in December.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Add dimension to your Sims' lives = scenarios
    Customize your space with color = swatches

I'm afraid we're not sitting in for much more for 2021.

That leaves us with 1 EP, 1 GP and 1 SP for 2021 (I deny to count kits). With all that is still missing, this is kind of underwhelming.

I think scenarios and the new delivery system are the "unlock new ways to play," and we're still waiting on the "add dimension" update. I could be wrong!

Also, are we all going to ignore the worldwide pandemic that impacted literally everything this year and last? I'd like to see more new content too, but it's wild to me how people are talking about this like EA/Maxis were completely unaffected and just chose to produce less. Like, we've had less new movies this year too. Books and TV shows have been delayed. Why are we talking about The Sims like it exists in a vacuum? Heck, I haven't been the most productive version of myself either because of, well... *motions vaguely at the whole world*
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

That leaves us with 1 EP, 1 GP and 1 SP for 2021 (I deny to count kits). With all that is still missing, this is kind of underwhelming.

I think scenarios and the new delivery system are the "unlock new ways to play," and we're still waiting on the "add dimension" update. I could be wrong!

Also, are we all going to ignore the worldwide pandemic that impacted literally everything this year and last? I'd like to see more new content too, but it's wild to me how people are talking about this like EA/Maxis were completely unaffected and just chose to produce less. Like, we've had less new movies this year too. Books and TV shows have been delayed. Why are we talking about The Sims like it exists in a vacuum? Heck, I haven't been the most productive version of myself either because of, well... *motions vaguely at the whole world*

Yeah, I think that last year was mostly okay in terms of releases has skewed perceptions. Everything last year was well in production already when everything went south, so the delay caused by everyone working at home wasn't as impactful.

Well, from what I've seen, they're still working from home (at least most of the time) and so the delays are still impacting things and compounding as time goes on. Kits aren't causing delays with packs, they're filler to deal with the delays caused by the pandemic.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I think we get no new packs because the game is currently so buggy that it can't handle them.

Yes it's so frustrating seeing people completely forget that omg. And yeah your right about the scenarios being unlock new ways to play. Duck specifically circled that part in the livestream.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2021

If they had been more honest and transparent with players and just told us that this year will not bring us as many content packs due to the pandemic, i think people wouldve been more accepting over the fact that we got only 3 of them this year. Instead, the team kept this all completely silent, had everyone stringed along with vague tweets on upcoming content and even said when releasing kits that ''they wont impact the release of normal content packs'', which obviously gave everyone the hope that kits will just be random small content packs and well still get the usual 4-5 content packs this year.

People wouldve still been angry and disappointed of course lmao, but i think now people are far more justified to be so because ea really made it sound all this year as if nothing will change and that we are still getting the usual amount of content packs and updates.

• GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Where is everyone getting the idea there are no more packs coming this year? They announced summer of sims before season of selves, which makes me think this is clearly the autumn season they're referring to. Doesn't the fiscal winter season start somewhere in November? I honestly don't expect them to release nothing before Christmas. I mean, come on, it's EA and TS4 is their cash cowplant. A winter EP might still be around the corner.

And since we're speculating, my guess is it's romance related. Considering they're adding a romance scenario out of all the possibilities first, it might be related to a potential new pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The devs never said no to packs, they just never hinted at it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Yes.

First Update is Next Week

Second Update is Late November.
    Laruhell wrote: »

If they had been more honest and transparent with players and just told us that this year will not bring us as many content packs due to the pandemic, i think people wouldve been more accepting over the fact that we got only 3 of them this year. Instead, the team kept this all completely silent, had everyone stringed along with vague tweets on upcoming content and even said when releasing kits that ''they wont impact the release of normal content packs'', which obviously gave everyone the hope that kits will just be random small content packs and well still get the usual 4-5 content packs this year.

People wouldve still been angry and disappointed of course lmao, but i think now people are far more justified to be so because ea really made it sound all this year as if nothing will change and that we are still getting the usual amount of content packs and updates.

To be fair they did give us a roadmap with no packs, they just didn't clarify what months it covered like they did with the summer one. But I think everyone (including me) was just hoping that we would still get an ep despite the road map.

Idk what they said about the pandemic. I'm sure they said something because a few people have been saying that the devs are still working from home.

But I don't get the idea of getting angry about a pack not coming at a time it usually does. I mean I get the dissapointment just not the anger. It's not like they said a pack is coming then it didn't. But I also don't care that much about transparency, as in always knowing everything that's going on and what's coming and what's not. It's cool to know what happens behind the scenes which is why I find the dev streams interesting and I miss when the devs did those streams where they just played the game. They never talked about upcoming content but it was a great way to get to know the devs better. But I don't really need to know everything. It's nice but I can kind of guess that this thing happened because of the pandemic without an official statement because I mean it's a pandemic, it's expected to cause delays.

I mean I was really hoping for a romance ep but I'm fine with waiting. I don't want the devs to rush an ep or work overtime or anything like that.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I now have the missing window in my Industrial Kit pack.