Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you play TS4?

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Ever since I started my new job 3 weeks ago, not at all anymore. πŸ™ˆ
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I play daily unless something gets in my way. Not every two weeks. DAILY. You didn't include such an option. Or you could have listed it as how many times (or hours) a week do you play, then go to biweekly, then monthly, bimonthly, etc. But, yeah, I've got a lot going on in my Main game save and I am going to leave the forums, now, so I can start playing today! Byee.

Yeah i overthought how to frame the time period 🀣🀣 i was thinking weekly at first, then i thought that may be too much then i thought biweekly but actually sounded more complicated than i realized...now i wish i could just delete the poll and reword it πŸ˜…
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Right now I'm not really playing but probably in a few weeks, it'll be daily. I have ebbs and flows, as I have with all of the Sims games.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited October 2021
    It really depends if I get on to play. I think I have only gotten on once in the last two weeks, but was on several hours when I did get on.

I used to play a lot, but not as much anymore, even though I own all content. Bugs are starting to bug me.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Irregularly. I have to be in the mood to play sims. I'm not a huge gamer.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    By "play" do you mean the Sims themselves, or does building count? Those are two different answers.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    By "play" do you mean the Sims themselves, or does building count? Those are two different answers.

Maybe how much time spent building and how much time in live mode? Guess you'd have to also add CAS unless you consider that gameplay.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I would think they are the same, as long as you have the game open and running, you are playing the game. Playing in Build mode and creating Sims, is still considered playing just as much as playing in live mode
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    It's one of my favorite games, and I play it almost daily.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Varies with mood and time available. Am here more than in the game.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2021
    Wow. So first... it is biweekly and not weekly.
    Also... are talking about actually playing the game? or are you talking about building as well?

I mean if you count building then then it is somewhere between 3-6 per week so that would be somewhere between 6-12 hours bi-weekly. Of course, there has been a substantial amount of being flustered in recent months too over trying to get some builds fixed up and things removed from my gallery to be tweaked and re-added but none of that is caught up.

Oh! And I had to go be a groomsman in my best friend's wedding recently. Also been working on a couple of writing projects and other creative production projects a bit more than usual the past month or so. All of those things and other activities have impacted that time period so the 3-6 per week is really an average at best under less than average circumstances.

Were you trying to prove something with the poll? Am I not updating my gallery and builds fast enough for you? Did you put this pole up as opposition research for...

[EDIT] Yes, I was trying to poke some fun at the poll. Because... reasons. [/EDIT]
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

β€œI have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    When I'm playing it actively, I play it a lot. It's my "weekend project" game. But sometimes I'll put it down for a long while so I can play something elseβ€”spent September playing Witcher 3 and most of the past week playing Fallout 4. So it's either "not at all" or "20 hours in a weekend across Saturday and Sunday."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2021
    When I did play TS4, I played the game itself for less than an hour because I just had no interest in the game. I spent most of my time in CAS. So, in a 2 week period, I played less than 2 hours, only to check for updates or to add new packs to see if anything would draw me back into the game.

Need to edit this since I finally tried to play Sims 4 and it won't even let me in the game. It's asking me to disable/remove mods I do not even have installed so I can say that I no longer play Sims 3 or 4 on this laptop and it will be at least 2 more years until I can afford another one. So right now I am playing Sims 2.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I play at least once a day, every day unless I can't because I'm not home or am sick. A few times, pre-covid, I've had pneumonia where it was impossible to get out of bed or care about anything. BUT my back goes out often and TS4 saves me from complete boredom.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    I usually go through a cycle of playing nothing for a couple of weeks and then a week or two of 40+ hours.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I play less than an hour when I do play and I'm really trying to play at least once a week for 15-30 minutes, just depends on what is going on in the game. I'm trying to blog my legacy because I want to keep playing it for as long as I can, so I have to play in small spurts and update monthly.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm another one who will play a lot at once and then take breaks. Usually, I play more in the winter and fall but it just depends. This year, I had a quieter summer and a busy fall so it flipped around. I tend to play in the winter and then whenever I have time but sometimes I get really into it and play a whole lot for an extended period of time.

It probably depends on how busy my life is but sometimes I get wrapped up in a particular plot. Lately I have a lot going on and I may be replacing my gaming computer so I'm on a bit of a break.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't play it anymore. It's not even installed on my new laptop. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @DeKay are you playing 2 or 3?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited October 2021
    DeKay are you playing 2 or 3?

Nope. Honestly, I'm not someone who plays video games anymore. πŸ˜‚ And deep down, I always am waiting for The Sims 5 to see how that will be like if it were to happen; but at this rate, I think when it does come out, I might not even be bothered. 🀧
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Wow. So first... it is biweekly and not weekly.
    Also... are talking about actually playing the game? or are you talking about building as well?

I mean if you count building then then it is somewhere between 3-6 per week so that would be somewhere between 6-12 hours bi-weekly. Of course, there has been a substantial amount of being flustered in recent months too over trying to get some builds fixed up and things removed from my gallery to be tweaked and re-added but none of that is caught up.

Oh! And I had to go be a groomsman in my best friend's wedding recently. Also been working on a couple of writing projects and other creative production projects a bit more than usual the past month or so. All of those things and other activities have impacted that time period so the 3-6 per week is really an average at best under less than average circumstances.

Were you trying to prove something with the poll? Am I not updating my gallery and builds fast enough for you? Did you put this pole up as opposition research for...

[EDIT] Yes, I was trying to poke some fun at the poll. Because... reasons. [/EDIT]

Actually i hate the poll i wish i could delete the thread 🀣😭😭😭 but too many ppl have commented. I was going to do
    Once a week
    Twice a week
    3+ etc but i wondered if it that was too short of a time period?? So i thought biweekly?? As soon as a posted it i realized biweekly was quite dumb πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ now im cringing every time i get a notification for this thread lol;;;
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, I was struggling on how to answer the poll. XD To answer, however:

I've been known to take breaks, but when I get really into the game, into creating a story, I'll play easily 5+ hours, between creating/editing Sims and participating in actual gameplay. Haven't done that recently, though.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Not often, I'll update mods and play for a few minutes. Since I finally got Sims 2 and 3 working I'm not as invested in 4 as it's pretty boring in comparison (jmo).

Don't think scenarios will be bringing me back either.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Not nearly enough considering how much I have invested in this game. I was waiting for the new EPs that will be interesting enough to pull me back in, but I have given up now. Too few too far between... But hey we got kits :(
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I haven't played since the Discover University release (end of 2019). I play TS1-3
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464