Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Boring!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Same here. I can't see the reason why I would need new UI to play Rags to Reaches or any other challenges. That's what everybody are doing on their own for years already. Moreover intricate and/or random challenges won't fit into Scenarios frame probably. So I see no incentive to use this feature for now.

I may be wrong like with Story feature for generating new sims which initially I didn't appreciate but now use it from time to time. But so far this "Scenarios" seems more proper for a mobile game. The route Sims franchise seems to eagerly be taking lately.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am certain a lot of Simmers will like these scenarios, but I can't see the point of playing this get very rich scenario, they presented. I don't see any challenge in "Rags to Riches" and to reach 1 million seem like an endless save of repetative gp
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I’ve rarely played any of the challenges the community was come up with. In fact I’ve only ever played one, so I’m kinda intrigued by this feature. It will encourage me to try different styles of play that I haven’t done before. I’ll check it out for sure.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited October 2021
    I thought that if they were gonna add challenges to the game, they would at least add rules and limitations as well, and custom scenarios where sims were already created. That's what makes challenges interesting, the different ways it forces you to play the game?

This seems to be just...a goal? The "earn 1 million simoleons" challenge is just the same game with a notification while you play the game normally?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2021
    Seems pretty pointless to me. I can make my own challenges and play without promptings from the game.
    This isn't what I was thinking when we wanted challenges...
    Post edited by bixters on
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If you could set your own scenarios, and have it build that into your game, such as R2R have it allow you to buy a property then take away whatever funds you decide, and not let you "cheat" along the way, it might be fun.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hey, free is free! I'll take a look, maybe this will inspire me. :) I keep thinking they are throwing things at us to see what works and what doesn't for Sims 5. Also, they are giving us little things since we won't be getting any big packs for the rest of the year.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    No one said we are getting this instead of packs...
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Oh man, when I read this Topic Line, I thought that perhaps the screen cuts were back that they had in Sims2. Before a significant event, little clips were shown to signify it was a momentous event. Such as a Sim couple about to have woohoo for the very first time. I miss those. And if I wanted to play challenges, I would play a different game.

Cut screens? Ewwww that might put me off entirely.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited October 2021
    Idk I find it kinda meh for now
    I would have liked it better if:

• simmers can create and share scenarios on gallery

this would be nice way to bring challenges in to your game so you could track them easier

• scenario can be started in any household at any time (you don't need to start whole save over for it)

• sims had memory so they could remember having went through the scenarios

• you could do multiple scenarios with same sim

• there was more than one goal to a scenario

• scenario was linked to lore of specific household

say the way ts2 premade households all started with sort scenario ;) winkwonk id like to have that yes and with the scenes and all oh yes that'd be a bliss... so why not like that? :<

• scenario came with new gameplay
    like say your sims could be mid zombie attack or whatnot

•the scenario could sometimes start in gameplay (though you could cancel it like with the get married in 7 days thing)

• there was way to fail a scenario and have some type of failure ending to it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2021
    Oh yeah imagine if we could CREATE our own challenges with rules and all, now THAT would've been something.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Idk I find it kinda meh for now
    I would have liked it better if:

• simmers can create and share scenarios on gallery

this would be nice way to bring challenges in to your game so you could track them easier

• scenario can be started in any household at any time (you don't need to start whole save over for it)

• sims had memory so they could remember having went through the scenarios

• you could do multiple scenarios with same sim

• there was more than one goal to a scenario

• scenario was linked to lore of specific household

say the way ts2 premade households all started with sort scenario ;) winkwonk id like to have that yes and with the scenes and all oh yes that'd be a bliss... so why not like that? :<

• scenario came with new gameplay
    like say your sims could be mid zombie attack or whatnot

•the scenario could sometimes start in gameplay (though you could cancel it like with the get married in 7 days thing)

The scenario they showed off was pretty basic but they could add a lot more interesting scenarios in the future. And you are able to start a scenario in existing saves just not existing sims.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I totally didn't expect this. I am mainly interested in playing the story I have in mind, not in a set scenario. Perhaps I will try it once, but I will return to a sandbox play style afterwards.

I didn't have a chance to watch the stream but I assume this scenario thing is optional, right? I don't have to choose a scenario, I have.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    ind_01_05_020.png.....