Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 26th - Inside Maxis Livestream

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    I little bit disapointed by the news. How scenarios will work with rotational gameplay?
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. I mainly play my one rotational save and if it can't be started with an existing sim, there will be very little use for it.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited October 2021
    Making Money is basically the Rags to Riches challenge, canonized. Not even made easier or anything, it seems to be just as easy to access as simply typing in "money 0" into the cheat box. It might actually be more annoying, if that little tab on the top stays on your screen. So? I mean yeah, we get aspiration points for completing it. But those points are already way too easy to get.

The heartbreak scenario might be interesting, but I'd have to see it in action to see if it's worth it. If it's just a prompt I get after my sim has a break-up, then I could just do that myself without needing a prompt. It doesn't sound like it's actually making my sim's life more realistic or adding a new layer. But as I said, it might be more in-depth and involved than Making Money, so it could be fun.

The limited time scenarios bug me too. They sound like they're reskinned challenges, which... There's a reason why most people haven't been clamoring for their return. And I can't help but feel like there's an ulterior motive; like they want people to log in and play them for a couple of hours, so they can go to their investors and say that the game had a huge spike of player engagement.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    So, I've been playing the same save file since March 2018. I play rotationally with 57 sims all from one original couple. It's not a true legacy, it's my game.

The scenario update offers nothing for me. It makes no sense, and feels like Sims 3 where I constantly had to make different save files to play in different worlds.

I'm not impressed.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The best announcement was that small bug fixes can come without a patch now.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    They really just said no more content packs this year, and are instead giving us clothing kits and ''scenarios'', which is just a glorified UI update.

Im tired yall
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So, I've been playing the same save file since March 2018. I play rotationally with 57 sims all from one original couple. It's not a true legacy, it's my game.

The scenario update offers nothing for me. It makes no sense, and feels like Sims 3 where I constantly had to make different save files to play in different worlds.

I'm not impressed.

You can add scenarios to existing save files
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I'm not impressed.

But you can't add them to existing sims...yet.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Stream was not what I thought and they never mention the industrial loft window either. :(
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Stream was not what I thought and they never mention the industrial loft window either. :(

They did, it comes at the end of November.
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

I understood that right now you have to start a brand new save.

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

No you have the option to also add it to an existing save

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

They said in the future.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    They're putting the missing Industrial Loft Kit window in the basegame at the end of November.

good i didn't get the pack til recently then the next day found out my rent went up. i thought it was something mom told me to keep me from buying stuff. shes my payee but i live by myself.

anyone know what the sneak peek was i got bored and my new coffee maker arrived.

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

You have the option now to use them in a new or existing save. But for now you can only use scenarios on new sims, not existing sims. That's what the guru said.

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

They said in the future.

Existing sims in the future. You can add them to existing or new saves right away.

I'm not impressed.

Did they say that?

You have the option now to use them in a new or existing save. But for now you can only use scenarios on new sims, not existing sims. That's what the guru said.

Oh ok
    edited October 2021
    They're putting the missing Industrial Loft Kit window in the basegame at the end of November.

good i didn't get the pack til recently then the next day found out my rent went up. i thought it was something mom told me to keep me from buying stuff. shes my payee but i live by myself.

anyone know what the sneak peek was i got bored and my new coffee maker arrived.

The sneak peek was disappointment, only disappointment.
    Post edited by RedShoe7 on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2021

Pff, this is the type of buffoonery we have to be excited about now. It shows how starved we are with this game giving us nothing for 7 years...
    Lu4ERme.gif

Pff, this is the type of buffoonery we have to be excited about now. It shows how starved we are with this game giving us nothing for 7 years...

Well, looking at the incredible amount of bugs this is the only ray of hope.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited October 2021
    Umm... I fail to see how Scenarios unlock new ways to play. You can already do what scenarios do with the current game.
    I think I'll go play Planet Zoo for the next few years.

The sneak peek was disappoint, only disappoint.

i'm not disappointed i still don't know what it was so can't decide how i feel yet. mr coffee decied to die yesterday and my new one arrived today so i missed it cause i was setting it up.
    I think I'll go play Planet Zoo for the next few years.

i love that game just not very good at it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top