Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea or coffee ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Nothing
    My Sims only pay attention to any kind of time frame when it's time to harvest their garden, or when it's time to go to a festival or awards show, perhaps work or school when in a rare occasion one of them has a job or actually has a child. Otherwise, they have meals whenever they're hungry, so there is no designated 'morning' beverage for them to drink.

Regardless, I never put coffee or tea makers in my Sims homes. Coffee just makes them need to pee and I've never been much of a tea drinker, so none of my Sims are either. They'll drink orange juice if they're sick and drinks from the bar now and then, but that's about it. I micromanage my Sims so they don't have free will to run to the sink every 5 minutes to get a drink of water either.

However, I will put a coffee maker and/or tea maker in residential builds for contests. Just for aesthetic purposes since both are considered a 'standard ' small appliance in a lot of real homes.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Something else
    Water, on their own, gallons of it, as soon as they're awake. TS4 types. TS2 ones are content with breakfast, which is usually cereal with milk unless they know how to cook something without burning anything.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Nothing
    I don't usually give them drinks with their breakfast. What they get autonomously through the day is usually water or milk.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nothing
    I don't like sims getting emotional over drinks lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Nothing
    Unless they are a Coffee Fanatic. I usually get them to first build up their skills, relationships, take care of their garden or animals.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Nothing
    my sims don’t usually have anything to drink in the morning because they don’t have time. since i play with autonomy off i do sometimes put a coffee or tea maker in their houses because i don’t have to worry about them obsessing over it. i let them use it sometimes, i like the tea maker because you can get different emotions with it rather than just energized. my university students often drink coffee either at home or from the coffee stand on campus if they have a long night studying ahead of them or if they stayed up too late partying.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Tea
    My sims drink whatever they fancy, I don't micromanage this aspect of their life. Some have coffee makers, and some tea makers and will use them, but otherwise they stick to regular milk, orange juice, water. πŸ™‚
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Something else
    Plasma.

3 and 4 am is considered morning, right?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Nothing
    They don't need coffee if they've had a good night's sleep. I've given up coffee and taken away their coffee maker as it makes them too hyped up. Tea is better but mine just have cereal and that probably contains milk.
  • Options
    Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
    Tea
    I love making tea for my sims, having them drink one cup, and then just have a stinky pot hanging around for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Nothing
    My sims don't drink anything in the morning, but every once in a while they will grab a glass of orange juice or water. I also try to keep the coffee makers and tea machines out of my kitchens because sims don't know how to leave them alone.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Coffee
    I wrote coffee because I get both tea and coffee makers in my households but they only went for coffee.

But I recently I made one of my Sims go for the new Spa Day aspirations and now he's constantly making tea and everyone in his household loves it.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Tea
    It really varies according to the household but tea is the most common option.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Coffee
    mostly, but depends on sim/situation.

Tea - creatives before work
    Nothing - more frequently; ate too much at dinner
    Protein shake - fitness & wellness types
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Nothing
    Very much unlike me in real life, my sims don't have coffee in the morning. Coffee is for right after work, because even if I send my sims to work with a full green bar of energy, they always come back from work about an hour away from collapsing in exhaustion. So they have to have coffee first thing after work just to get through the evening and go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Tea is... situational. I use different kinds of tea for the moods, or to cure sickness. Depending on the time of day, I might also make coffee or tea when my sim has guests.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Tea
    speaking of tea: why is drinking coffee club activity but drinking tea is not? I wanted to make tea party club dang it.

still wish we had old school tea set though instead of that awful modern machine thing for making tea
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Nothing
    My sims in the culinary or mixology career, left to their own devices, seem to prefer Scotch, at least if their frequent visits to the home bar before work are anything to go by. I don't let them have a coffee maker or a tea brewer. They far too often waste time making but not actually drinking the stuff.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Coffee
    > @NightlyCoffee said:
    > My sims drink coffee, tea, and orange juice depending on the situation. I usually have my sims drink coffee if they didn't get a full night's rest, tea when they are sick to help recover a little faster, and orange juice is usually my default drink with their breakfast. Orange juice also helps with illnesses, and it's the only thing kids can drink when they are sick to help them recover faster.

My sim drinks coffee in the morning to help reduce the energy decay when I send him jogging (energized jog). Also the coffee seems to make him run long enough to get the "good workout" buff on 1 try instead of 2. However the tea has "Run Oolong" which may produce the same results. Let's just say that I'm biased toward coffee. LOL
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nothing
    Nothing, if they could brew individual cups of coffee, then maybe I'd let them use the coffee maker more often. But because they often brew more than one cup, drink one then let the rest go to waste I don't even bother. lmao.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Something else
    Water. From the sink. Unless I stop them.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Tea
    As a Brit a definitely say a CUPPA BREW LOVE!!!!!!