Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help

I have a world that is downloaded but it is not on my playlist

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited October 2021
    That's not much to go on in your post :wink: . You didn't even mention whether you actually installed it, but I assume you did, given you often use custom worlds.

Some issues I can think of:
    The world didn't get a unique ID and conflicts with one of your installed ones.
    You had already installed the world sometime ago and not properly uninstalled it.
    The language setting in the file is faulty.

Do you mind telling us which world it is? Maybe, someone knows something about it.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Assuming that you installed it through the Launcher, have you checked that it is in the 'InstalledWorlds' folder in your Sims 3 folder?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    /what world is it?
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2021
    @TurjanThe world is Haunted Valley II by @Rflong7 I installed it years ago, and the other day it was no longer on my play list. I have not had any trouble with the world and do not know how it was not on my play list anymore. I checked and it said it was downloaded and installed. but somehow I cannot get it on my list now. I had no problem with the game playing and have no problems with any of my games playing. everything is working fine except this game, that has been working for years. I have now deleted everything concerting this world. but the problem I have is now I cannot download it because I do not have super natural and the bridge is not there when I install it. the version that I had I did not need supernatural and I do not know if the old one even exists now. I really liked that world and it saddens me that I cannot paly it now. actually has been one of my all time favorites.
    Post edited by Evalen on
    @wendyyi1 It was in both installed and download, but was not in my playlist.
    edited October 2021
    Sorry I didn't answer, but you said in your last post that you deleted everything, which makes any help moot at that point, even though I would have had a few suggestions to try. Do you have a backup? Did you maybe just delete it and can restore it from the Recycle Bin? Then make a backup of the file, if you don't have any yet, and uninstall the existing world via the launcher. After uninstallation, you can put the world file at the location where your Sunset Valley world file resides.

The issue I refer to is the "bad uninstall" from my first post: If the world was installed via the Installer, you need the world file to be in place in order to be able to uninstall the word. If you don't uninstall the world first, the Installer won't let you install a new copy, because for the Installer, the world is installed, even if the file isn't there. This means that, if you deleted the world file, you cannot uninstall it. You can start over with a new Sims3 folder at that point, unless someone else has a better suggestion. Putting the world file into the SV location is still something to try, as I never tried that myself with a broken installation present, although it mostly works for new files.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Whenever I have a problem with a missing world I find I need to start a fresh Sims 3 folder and install everything again.
    @Karritz @Turjan thank anyway, but I did delete everything, and no use in starting a new folder, as I downloaded this program years ago and the program was without supernatural, I do not have that, now it has supernatural and because of that when I down load it I do not have the bridge. I guess I could play with it and use a boat to go across to the other side, but maybe that is crazy. and others I am not sure would be able to do that. but I do appreciate all your help and responding. thank you
    edited October 2021
    Karritz wrote: »
    Whenever I have a problem with a missing world I find I need to start a fresh Sims 3 folder and install everything again.
    For me, uninstalling the world and then reinstalling it is usually enough. Nowadays, I just dump the world file into the SV location though.

@Evalen Well, doesn't really matter as long as you have the world file, even if it's in the recycle bin.
    But good that you are happy with how things turned out.
    @Trujan, @Karritz @Rflong7 I am a Happy camper, I got it back, don't ask me how as I do not know, I give all the tanks to God, I was just fooling around asked Him to help and all of a sudden it was downloaded and on my playlist. I am so happy, I love this world. It is not a saved world it is like I downloaded it in the beginning, but that is ok, I got it back. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I love this world. It is the one with the regular bridge. I am dancing for joy.