Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited October 2021
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Can you elaborate on what features you were hoping for that you haven't seen as of yet? I'm more than happy to pass feedback up the chain.

I know this wasn't a question directed at me, but if you're willing to hear my answer...

I really just want more occults. Superheroes/Villains is a dream pack of mine, but I'd be okay even if it's just Werewolves and Fairies. I feel those two, at least are needed before we can move onto Sims 5.

But honestly I'd love to see more types of occults/fantasy creatures as well. Dragons, unicorns (could easily come with horses) genies, even zombies. Or literally any occult lifestate.

I'd also love zodiac signs, improved romance and personality/traits, as well as some new unique (not as UK or American central) worlds too. But for me, at least a few new occults are nessecary.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    [quote="Amapola76;c-17998024"][quote="Jordan061102;c-17997956"]Well you guys don't represent every simmers. I'm sure a lot of people are ready to move on to a fresh new base game. Even the one who [i]love[/i] TS4.[/quote]

Literally no one said that we represent every simmer.

I have no problem in theory with the idea of starting over with a fresh new base game. I'm just saying, I've been here for every iteration of the game, starting with TS1, and buying nearly every pack for nearly version, including store items. So... I've spent several thousand dollars on the Sims already at this point, and will probably spend hundreds of dollars on additional content for TS4, assuming we get it.

What I am saying is that I'm not going to jump in blindly next time. I was already a few years and several hundred dollars into this version before I realized that the developers were saying that they categorically cannot do certain things that I would expect to see (e.g., open swimming in all worlds, or bigger worlds) and will never be able to do them. And frankly, I resent it. I don't resent it enough to stop playing, because there are other things that I do enjoy and think they have done well in this iteration. But they are basically still making up for lost time with TS4 (which I do appreciate!), and I still feel like I'm trying to recoup my initial investment in this version. [/quote]

I have been around for every iteration of the game as well and I 100% agree. I recognize that the system the Sims 4 was built on is aging and will not last forever but I took close to 3 years after launch before I jumped into the Sims 4 (mostly because I refused to play without toddlers) and I still don't think we have everything in the game for it to be fully realized the way I would like. I'll be very hesitant to jump to the Sims 5 if I ever decide to.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    They need time to fix this year's releases. Paranormal, Decorator and Spa Day have gamebreaking bugs, and CoL - like all EPs - broke everything else.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    I'm another long-term player. I've done all that games and packs, including mobile, medieval, and my sims.

I agree. I didn't jump to Sims 3 until after ambitions and generations. I didn't jump to Sims 4 until after toddlers.

I buy all my packs at full price, or close to. I'm definitely the demographic that makes them the most money. I'm loving Sims 4 and won't be jumping to Sim 5 anytime soon.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They said before that they don't announce paid DLC during Inside Maxis 411 podcasts. They may still announce a pack later next month.

Which make me think Sims 5 is knocking on the door, I don't think they will release a new Sims 4 pack as well as Sims 5. That would split their customers to much, they want their customers starving for something new otherwise they are just not making any money

Well, this customer will not at all starve for TS5, so if they want more o my money they will need to produce TS4 packs ;)

Agreed. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy TS5. Especially if it's heavily multiplayer-focused. But even if it's not, I bought (and bought into) TS4 with the expectation and understanding that I would ultimately see certain features. I'm too far in to TS4 to quit now, but I have learned my lesson. I'm not giving TS5 the benefit of the doubt; it will have to be out at least five years before I'm ready to give it a try, and that's only if it looks like they're doing a good job at that point. There are too many other places I can put my time and money.

Can you elaborate on what features you were hoping for that you haven't seen as of yet? I'm more than happy to pass feedback up the chain.

Updated babies, Cars, whims overhaul, more substantial traits, more family gameplay, more occults, more world editing features, attraction system, more challenging gameplay features.

Basically the same stuff we keep telling them for years now. Yet here we are... 7 years later. :#
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Amapola, say dragons. Tell them you hope to see dragons.

I... actually do? I mean, I have to be completely honest, it's not on my top ten, or probably even my top twenty list, but yes, I would greatly enjoy dragons.

@EA_Cade, I appreciate the responsiveness, truly, but I think you guys are probably pretty well aware already of the most requested items from the community that we haven't seen yet. Several have been mentioned already in this thread.

I mean, just off the top of my head, I would personally love to see at least a couple more of the main occults (werewolves and fairies), horses, more non-US worlds, open swimming in all worlds, underwater swimming/diving, a better system for college households so that our sims can go to school with friends and relatives, more options for babies, better family trees, bands/more music options, more after school options for kids, more romance options, more likes/dislikes, a better memory system, hotels, cars, bicycles for kids (along with generally more options for kids to engage in gameplay that they have been able to do in previous versions but have been locked out of in TS4), sculpting/glass blowing, open neighborhoods, slightly bigger worlds, nectar making, create a world, etc.

This is not an exhaustive list, but these are probably the bigger things that come immediately to my mind. I could go on and on with lists of individual items that I'd like to see (working tea set/table, tree house, etc.). The problem is, I expect some of these features are things we will hopefully see eventually. Others, I don't think we will ever get in this version of the game.

Hey thanks for taking the time to type that out, I appreciate it.

Part of my role here is to collate feedback for various teams who are interested in what you all have to say about features and content and it's so much easier to get a feel for what's going on when we can strike up a dialogue like this.

I obviously can't speak to unannounced content, but this is the type of feedback that really helps us find the content people want to see.

And dragons.

Oh my lord, someone on the forums we can actually give feedback to. I used to lurk here a lot, I don't remember seeing anyone like you until now. That's kind of exciting.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

I... actually do? I mean, I have to be completely honest, it's not on my top ten, or probably even my top twenty list, but yes, I would greatly enjoy dragons.

@EA_Cade, I appreciate the responsiveness, truly, but I think you guys are probably pretty well aware already of the most requested items from the community that we haven't seen yet. Several have been mentioned already in this thread.

I mean, just off the top of my head, I would personally love to see at least a couple more of the main occults (werewolves and fairies), horses, more non-US worlds, open swimming in all worlds, underwater swimming/diving, a better system for college households so that our sims can go to school with friends and relatives, more options for babies, better family trees, bands/more music options, more after school options for kids, more romance options, more likes/dislikes, a better memory system, hotels, cars, bicycles for kids (along with generally more options for kids to engage in gameplay that they have been able to do in previous versions but have been locked out of in TS4), sculpting/glass blowing, open neighborhoods, slightly bigger worlds, nectar making, create a world, etc.

This is not an exhaustive list, but these are probably the bigger things that come immediately to my mind. I could go on and on with lists of individual items that I'd like to see (working tea set/table, tree house, etc.). The problem is, I expect some of these features are things we will hopefully see eventually. Others, I don't think we will ever get in this version of the game.

Part of my role here is to collate feedback for various teams who are interested in what you all have to say about features and content and it's so much easier to get a feel for what's going on when we can strike up a dialogue like this.

I obviously can't speak to unannounced content, but this is the type of feedback that really helps us find the content people want to see.

And dragons.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this, as it's something we've discussed it often on the forums, but I don't think I've noticed it on the team's radar at all: newspapers and landlines. We really miss those. Particularly newspapers, which we thought might return with EL, as they would have been ideal for recycling. Newspapers were the perfect starter item in older versions of the game. You could increase your fun and logic with the crossword, look for a job, or just read it. For simmers who want to recycle, it's a great source of material. For slob sims, or simmers who are trying to create dark, dystopian, dirty worlds, old piled up newspapers are a great way to set the look. For those who don't want them, there could be an option to cancel newspaper service (either by calling to cancel and/or having a toggle).

Maybe they could return in a retro kit, perhaps with a couple of other old school sims items? If it also came with the option to get rid of cell phones or turn off cell phone functionality, that would be even better, since many of us still try to create historical saves.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    They said before that they don't announce paid DLC during Inside Maxis 411 podcasts. They may still announce a pack later next month.

Which make me think Sims 5 is knocking on the door, I don't think they will release a new Sims 4 pack as well as Sims 5. That would split their customers to much, they want their customers starving for something new otherwise they are just not making any money

Well, this customer will not at all starve for TS5, so if they want more o my money they will need to produce TS4 packs ;)

Agreed. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy TS5. Especially if it's heavily multiplayer-focused. But even if it's not, I bought (and bought into) TS4 with the expectation and understanding that I would ultimately see certain features. I'm too far in to TS4 to quit now, but I have learned my lesson. I'm not giving TS5 the benefit of the doubt; it will have to be out at least five years before I'm ready to give it a try, and that's only if it looks like they're doing a good job at that point. There are too many other places I can put my time and money.

For sims 5 I hope to see
    - most importantly give occults the attention they deserve. We didn't have an occult lifestate since 2019, in sims 2 and 3 we would get an occult with every EP, so one or two occults per year. I was so disappointed to find out sims 4 stopped that tradition.
    - attention for all ages (don't leave out toddlers again, babies are persons, not objects ), how about a private school in base game?
    - the freedom to edit the world/neighbourhood and add lots like we could in sims 2 and 3.
    - meaningful gameplay like traits that matter, whims/wishes and fears based on personality and a memory system (I loved the sims 2 version)
    - options. Allow us to tweak the game to our needs and allow us to choose if we want story progression, occults,...

I think the reception of the initial version of sims 4 gives a good idea of what simmers want. A new version of the base game should be an improvement on the last base game. Both sims 2 and 3 included much of the previous base games with additional features as well. They felt like a step forward. Sims 5 should be that as well.

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited October 2021
    @EA_Cade

I don't want to be that person and start to describe another wishlist, but I have to say that this forum is full of creative ideas.

Here is some of my general topics:
    Del Sol Valley - number of lots
    Which world needs to be improved the most
    Base Game textures to update
    Shells update
    Swatches
    New commertial world
    Let's talk about kitchens...

CC implementation for consoles - idea

My ideas for a new expansions:
    On The Catwalk
    Welcome to Family
    Retro

I need to add that we also need the possibility to choose how many townies we would like to have per loading screen.

On the second hand I'm surprised that people still want to have TS5. I don't want to wait for the essential packs 5th time. Maybe I'm too old but I'm fine if EA will be improving and patching TS4 for the next 10 years.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    On the second hand I'm surprised that people still want to have TS5. I don't want to wait for the essential packs 5th time. Maybe I'm too old but I'm fine if EA will be improving and patching TS4 for the next 10 years.

I bought the game back in 2014 and have played it back and forth for 7 years. Any expansions or improvements will only add to to the core base game that I have played for 7 years, it will just be small variants of the same stories that I have played with, the bigger changes that limited me when I played the game will still be there.

When you have played a game for so long, everything starts to feel the same, sims are just slightly edited models, jobs are just the same rabbit holes, houses are just the same houses with some new build items, gameplay are just the same, the worlds are the same.

I'm fine with TS4 not having every feature available, especially since I feel that some of them during these 7 years have just been slight variants of the same thing.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member

It's really what I feel myself about sims 4 and a future sims 5. Sims 4 need more bugs fixing before it end, an attraction systeme (+more cuddling animations, slow dance), whims updated to be more in tune with the current aspiration/personnality of a sim, werebeasts/werewolfs, fairies, zombies.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2021
    @EA_Cade My personal 'must haves' are: an attraction system for romance with turn ons and turn offs, and fairy and werewolf occults.

Would be nice to have also: freed babies and improvements to traits so that they actually have a deep impact on sims' personalities and behaviours (but I am guessing that this is not possible to do as it would require fundamental changes to the game).

And things-I-dream-of-but-aren't-essential-and-probably-won't-ever-happen: pet dragons, a medieval world with a royal family that your sims can be a part of and and quests like in Sims Medieval (part of a time travel pack like into the future for TS3 but here it would be 'into the past'?), and also a playable Grim Reaper career.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

For sims 5 I hope to see
    - most importantly give occults the attention they deserve. We didn't have an occult lifestate since 2019, in sims 2 and 3 we would get an occult with every EP, so one or two occults per year. I was so disappointed to find out sims 4 stopped that tradition.

This, right here, is why i quit the sims for 2 years before playing again. Because occults were missing, many still are, and they're few and far between. Ts2 and 3 basegames had occults present. Ts4 didn't and current ghosts don't count because they were patched in much later, and they're nothing but ghosts of their former selves.

It's a fantasy element that I personally need in my game and I didn't pick up the game until after vampires got released.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member

For sims 5 I hope to see

This, right here, is why i quit the sims for 2 years before playing again. Because occults were missing, many still are, and they're few and far between. Ts2 and 3 basegames had occults present. Ts4 didn't and current ghosts don't count because they were patched in much later, and they're nothing but ghosts of their former selves.

It's a fantasy element that I personally need in my game and I didn't pick up the game until after vampires got released.

Me too, I'm kind of veteren simmer, I've played Bustin Out, Medieval and Sims 3, I wasn't Interested in getting Sims 4 until Vampires came out, the more Realism you guys add, the more I move away, It's getting to the point, where I'm not playing the sims on a daily basis.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

And dragons.

one small thing I noticed today is you can't invite ghost in played households out
    I hope they can fix that @EA_Cade and Dragons to.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

For sims 5 I hope to see
    - attention for all ages (don't leave out toddlers again, babies are persons, not objects ), how about a private school in base game?
    - the freedom to edit the world/neighbourhood and add lots like we could in sims 2 and 3.
    - meaningful gameplay like traits that matter, whims/wishes and fears based on personality and a memory system (I loved the sims 2 version)
    - options. Allow us to tweak the game to our needs and allow us to choose if we want story progression, occults,...

I think the reception of the initial version of sims 4 gives a good idea of what simmers want. A new version of the base game should be an improvement on the last base game. Both sims 2 and 3 included much of the previous base games with additional features as well. They felt like a step forward. Sims 5 should be that as well.
    I very much agree. Occults aren’t really my thing, but I don’t need to buy every pack so as long as they are easy to add a la carte, I’m happy and I want the occult lovers to be happy too.

Personally I won’t buy TS5 unless it meets these standards and there’s weather and seasons. 4 Years was too long to wait for Seasons in Sims 4, and that was 4 years EA could have taken more of my money. But for me, the game wasn’t worth playing without it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot this, as it's something we've discussed it often on the forums, but I don't think I've noticed it on the team's radar at all: newspapers and landlines. We really miss those. Particularly newspapers, which we thought might return with EL, as they would have been ideal for recycling. Newspapers were the perfect starter item in older versions of the game. You could increase your fun and logic with the crossword, look for a job, or just read it. For simmers who want to recycle, it's a great source of material. For slob sims, or simmers who are trying to create dark, dystopian, dirty worlds, old piled up newspapers are a great way to set the look. For those who don't want them, there could be an option to cancel newspaper service (either by calling to cancel and/or having a toggle).

Maybe they could return in a retro kit, perhaps with a couple of other old school sims items? If it also came with the option to get rid of cell phones or turn off cell phone functionality, that would be even better, since many of us still try to create historical saves.

I loved that with newspapers, you only had access to a limited number of job offers every day if you didn't have a computer.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @EA_Cade I’m just longing for bands/orchestras!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    @Amapola76 I really agree with you on the newspaper and phone ideas. I wish our Sims did not start with a mobile. You'd always start with the newspaper and then build up from that. If you want a Luddite sim or something then you don't have them fiddling about with their mobiles when unoccupied and they can remain tech free. We have the 'back to the old days' NAP which would work well with that too. Lots of possibilities!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited October 2021
    fae_brass wrote: »
    @Amapola76 I really agree with you on the newspaper and phone ideas. I wish our Sims did not start with a mobile. You'd always start with the newspaper and then build up from that. If you want a Luddite sim or something then you don't have them fiddling about with their mobiles when unoccupied and they can remain tech free. We have the 'back to the old days' NAP which would work well with that too. Lots of possibilities!

If we ever do get something like this, I would love to see a few different options for phones, too: a couple of vintage looking older phones with rotary dials (maybe one of those really antique wall-mounted tall rectangular black phones, and then also the shorter squared off rotary desk version) as well as some distinctly 80s/90s style landlines, and of course one of those basic model wall mounted phones that literally everyone had in their kitchens from the 70s through the early 2000s.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm not sure if this is 100% true but I heard that there aren't going to be any more packs this year, we're getting 2 updates and 2 kits
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2021

Let there be dragons. Fire. Breathing. Dragons. I shall set the worlds aflame with a passion envied by lovers. I shall set fire to the rain. I shall burn the snows of Mt. Komorebi. I will lay waste to the portals of magic and bring a burning light to Forgotten Hollow. I will melt the sands of Oasis Springs and leave shards of glass in my wake.

That, and make Bob Pancakes a little sooty.

Then I could say he is just a digital representation of my true cooking ability. Or lack thereof...