Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Almost InvisiShower 2.0 and Steamy Times Shower cannot be put into a room if you raise or lower the floor level.
  • Softie_heartSoftie_heart Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a suggestion for a new expansion-, game- or stuffpack. I would love to have a dance package! Imagine being able to learn hip-hop, ballet, breakdance, tap dance or other dance styles as a skill. The package would also come with carreer updates so your sim would be able to become a dancer. They can attend classes as kids and teenagers after school, and practise at home too. I would love it!!!!!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would love if some basic disabilities were added to the game. I am a physically disabled player of this franchise and ever since Sims 2, this is something I have wanted. But make it a toggle so people could choose if they wanted this or not. I think this would really open some eyes to the fact that not all the players are able-bodied. I also said in another thread that I would like more occults, updated babies, hobbies/hobby enthusiasm, chemistry, attraction, more romantic interactions, jealousy, Aspirations, Wants/Fears, etc.

I also would love for the next generation of the game to be MOBILE. I know Sims FreePlay and Sims Mobile exist for phones and tablets. But am I the ONLY player here who wants a game for the Nintendo Switch (the OG Switch, new OLED or the Lite)???? I miss the games we had for the GameCube, GameBoy Advance/SP, Micro, DS and Wii systems. I sold most of my older games and gaming systems thinking we were going to get a game for the Switch.
  • Step24Step24 Posts: 1 New Member
    I play on xbox and although it isn't possible to create cc, would it be possible to add option to download others cc?
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited November 2021
    The brokeness of toddlers! X)

They can't walk straight, they can't sit in the high chair, they cannot walk across a room, they cannot climb off some furniture, they climb off and on furniture for some interactions, skills get jammed, interactions fail...!
    WHY oh WHY does emptying the potty build fitness skill??? What does the dev team feed their children that they have to be an Olympiad to dispose of the poop? X)

Is there any chance toddlers can be... fixed?
  • LynyeldLynyeld Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a suggestion for a new expansion. A possibility of making a Medieval expansion, traveling back in time to a medieval time and world for example, and including the gameplay (as in "The Sims Medieval").
  • zekrayneaszekrayneas Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello EA team i would love to see a expansion or stuff pack sports related. I would see variety of sports like Football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, boxing and much more careers, events like olympic games icluding gymnastic, skiing, cycling, swimming, sort of the way of city living
  • PhoenexxPhoenexx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. I'd like to see a real life non-profit partnership with one (or more) state foster programs that results in a free US update that allows sims to foster children (perhaps even foster to adopt) in a sim-ified process that resembles the real life process. Not only would it be fun, add depth, and overall just be a nifty addition to the game; but it would also be helpful in teaching US players how the foster system works and would give EA a chance for a non-profit partnership (good for hearts, minds, funding, and PR).

Just a thought.
  • Louk72Louk72 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this game. One thing I found very unfair and it would be interesting to have, is that children cannot get infected from bizarre fruit. Ok for toddlers I understand it, but children? Furthermore, it would be nice if there were preteens in the game. It so unrealistic that teens look too much with young adults. I hope EA games will take this into consideration.
  • LigeaLigea Posts: 7 New Member
    This is just a small problem I noticed with the Myshuno lot, there is a lot titled 888 spire, now I had redited plenty of apartment buildings and saved them to my gallery (as I did with fountainview). But for some reason it says I cannot save this lot, and I'm thinking, 'um why'? I had this pretty neat design that I wanted to upload but currently it will not let me save that particular lot. This might be something that could use some looking into, I doubt it's only in my game only. Eventually, I would like to be able to upload my design to the gallery, usually it's just so I don't have to redo things if for whatever reason a save gets corrupted (it doesn't usually happen, but that's one reason why saving all your designs becomes a little important). So, this is sorta a minor thing but it's a little annoying to me and I didn't know if anyone else had problems saving this particular lot. Thanks for listening, and yeah it's kinda minor but it is something specific I noticed recently.
  • LigeaLigea Posts: 7 New Member
    > @EricasFreePlay said:
    >" I would love if some basic disabilities were added to the game. > I also would love for the next generation of the game to be MOBILE. I know Sims FreePlay and Sims Mobile exist for phones and tablets. But am I the ONLY player here who wants a game for the Nintendo Switch"

I will try to be as sensitive as I can be regarding this topic and ideas. As a person with a temporary disability that eventually resolved, well I was lucky let's say to be walking again, so there was a 6 month period of time I was in a wheel chair (but there's alot of ppl who may never improve and that's a sad thing), and I don't like to romanticize disability and while game inclusivity can be a good thing, there is such a thing as offending people by doing it 'too' much. Now, might it be somewhat realistic to have a character on crutches or a wheelchair, ugh maybe but why really do this. The whole point of a game, besides some realism, is to 'enjoy' yourself and personally I don't want to be reminded of the time I couldn't walk, that was a dark period in my life and I was lucky to get that mobility back, though somewhat limited. I broke my leg in two places due to a rare vitamin issue (my doctor thought it was a mystery why my vitamin D would be so low, it was the lowest she had ever seen in a patient young or old, if that tells you anything), but some things will defy medical training for whatever reason. Though, I will admit I'm not a rich person, sometimes my diet suffers from not being able to have everything I really need to get my vitamins, so now I just buy vitamin C and D in as large a dose as is healthy 1000 BDU of vitamin D are normal for most, if you can get the 2000 or 5000 tablets, well having more will usually not hurt you if you have a bad diet, 500 to 1000 Vitamin C BDU I feel is enough. Normally, too much D is bad, though you can rarely get too much C, but I know that low vitamin D can weaken bones if the D is not as present and C absorbs calcium which in turn, fuels the D, so they both work in tandem;together with each other basically. I'm no nurse or doctor, but my mom was a nurse, so I picked up a few things and also because I was pretty good in biology. But anyway, I am very sympathetic with people with disabilities, and my dad has diabetes even though most of his life he was pretty skinny up until he hit 50 or so, so anyway...I've known alot of people with vary disabilities, either mental or physical and honestly...I don't think most of us want to be reminded that bad things can happen to good people and sometimes for 'mysterious' reasons or things that go outside the medical scope of what most normal doctors know, sometimes you can do everything right as a doctor and things might still go wrong, sometimes a patient will temporarily improve only for them to do worse later. A miraculous recovery is rare but always hoped for. Anyway, I'm not saying perfect characters in games need to exist, but sometimes I think people like the 'illusion' that they can be a (at the risk of alienating someone) just a personal opinion that our characters in some ways, live the lives we maybe wish we could have.

Would a person in a wheelchair, love the idea of flying in a game, absolutely, because they are so stuck in their reality, and I guess that's the sad part about life. So, I don't wish to be indelicate,but there can be a thing as being 'too PC' 'but to me there is a difference between omitting something versus, like intentionally being cruel about a disability or something, to please a crowd or just an individual by catering to these needs really just highlights imperfection, rather than it seeming inclusive, if that makes sense. It might make the game more real, but...I'm not sure things like that are needed or even very fun (at least to me), unless you just 'really' want realism, but personally I play games to have fun, not to remind me of how 'temperamental' life can be and that's the nice way to put it really.

As to your question about like a sim game being on the Switch. Well, the only console game of the sims I played was the sims busting out for the playstation 2, way long ago now it seems (and it did have limitations which took getting used to, going from someone who played PC to a console game, and realizing freeplay still had building limits, but some of the story progress was fun to challenging (but things like having to make X amount of friends in order to complete a goal, could be a tad annoying at times). I have also played a bit of the 'free play' mobile, though not as good as the PC honestly, and having to get like 'energy' in any game in order to progress is sort of a stupid mechanic to try to reel you into playing everyday, it's just useless fluff, but I did have a little fun with the mobile, but nowhere near the fun I have with sims PC versions. I never played the tablet version, but I know it was set up like a 'story' mode sort of, so I am aware of that (I was surprised I never bought the sims online, but I think I was worried at the time other people would taint my 'game play' rather than just having fun with it), but maybe that was a silly fear (I have a pretty extensive grasp on reasons why most online games turn into trainwrecks, even if the intentions are good, trolls always ruin what could be an otherwise fun game online, so maybe I'm partial to campaign modes or things where I can make my own story or play single-player and play the way I want, in online play, people always want you to play the way 'they do' and other 'one true wayisms' that often exist online. I think a Switch version could be fun, but I just can do so much more with the PC, but I do like that consoles have their own stable frame rate (most of the time, not barring big bugs or drops in frame rate with some games, but I never noticed the sims having a huge frame drop except in sims 2, but console wise it's usually pretty stable, generally.
  • brownsara222brownsara222 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be awesome if there was a farming kit. It could add some new produce, like oranges and sweet potatoes (or the grapes from sims 3), a freelance Farmer career, and recipes that actually use the canned goods introduced in cottage living.
  • MegaMarieMegaMarie Posts: 1 New Member
    When asked on a date can you guys give an option of times rather than leaving at that exact moment. The Sim can be doing an activity and will be asked on a date and most times I have to refuse the date because of the inconvenience.
  • SulafricanSulafrican Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the game and its update even though I use mods mostly from black modders to expand my sim world. Anyways, I am wondering when we get the High School expansion, Singer expansion and the Sims 4 Medieval. I am interested in these three expansions especially since I want an immersive experience for my teenage sims and want to see singer sims go on tour, sell albums, and singles and win awards. Last but not least I am thinking that like the previous sims medieval, I can be separate from the main game but operate differently. Like creating a family crest, setting up your dynasty marrying peasants, nobles, priest or other royals from other worlds/ kingdoms, customizing the castle (size, shape, architecture, etc), have duels, tourneys, banquets, weddings etc but expand it and have extra pets like dragons and unicorns. I also suggest that like sims 3 we add in elves especially for another kingdom and we can also get orcs. What ya'll think?
  • PinejuicyPinejuicy Posts: 3 New Member
    Stuff Pack/Kit Idea: LED Lighting Kit
    Should have:

LED Light Strip: A room/external light that can be applied manually, or to the entire room/outside walls (with shift held down, like you would with wall paint or exterior trims) near the ceiling, floor, middle of the room, etc. This light is a neon LED light strip. How do we not have something like this already? C'mon! Can be customized like regular lights for color, intensity, dimmer, etc - but we'll need some more color options, even a rainbow option. If you've seen a gamer's dream room, there are LED light strips all over the place!

Backlit Electronics: Illuminated keyboards, mice, PC towers, PC screens, backlit TVs. Should at least be able to select what color the lights give off.

Curtains or Curtain accessories: LED stars, dots, moons, etc for that elegant Simstagram look to your room of choice.

Blackout Curtains: For the sim who likes their gaming den to stay dark. Good for vampires, too! Should come in every size for every window type.

Decor Floor Lights (square/round/rectangular): Can be placed under beds, sofas, chairs, etc for the Sim who wants to take their LED glow to the next level: comfort! These lights should also double as a nightlight for kids to keep the monster under the bed away.

Decor Wall Lights (square/round/rectangular): Can be placed behind mirrors and other wall decorations.
    ~*~*~
    A lot of builders use bb.moveobjects to be able to place the existing light strips from Spa Day in tedious positions to achieve everything I'm suggesting. So why not just give it to us already? Let us Light Up The Night to our hearts' content! Glow For It, EA! Please??? :*

Also, please give us the ability to modify our towel and bath/nude outfits in CAS. I play fantasy-themed sims 90% of the time and I am tired of their horns, gills, and webbed ears vanishing. We are able to edit Sim career outfits, so why not all the others? :(

Thank you for your consideration.
  • VNetVNet Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love to see an arcade - game pack - an arcade hangout.
    ticket gift shop
    color changes game variation

Furniture would be arcade cabinets.
    - arcade cabinet stick with 2 buttons.
    - skee ball ( ball role to target )
    - pin ball
    - dance stage ( dance dance revolution for example )
    - hoops basketball cabinet
    - punch strength ball ( boxer rates punch )
    - generic point shooter. ( squirt gun, balloon popper, digital shooter)
    - car racer
    - cycle racer
    - cyclone light machine
    - claw game gift machine
    - wack a mole
    - air hockey

extreme arcades
    - mini golf course
    - laser tag
    - trampoline basketball
    - bumper cars / race way
  • JuliusNovachronoJuliusNovachrono Posts: 1 New Member
    Please add ultralight tents like those in nemo and big agness
  • JasbeenbarbJasbeenbarb Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!
    >
    > For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.
    >
    > Share:* What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?
    >
    >
    > If you are experiencing issues, they are best posted here:
    > http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4
    >
    > Or here:
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-post-before-posting#latest

Firstly I’d like to thank you for this game and congratulate you guys for a job well done. I am an avid player of Sims 4, I own several expansion packs… I love the new idea of game updates as you play. I am very satisfied overall. I’ve read a many suggestions reviews and such. After several I got tired of reading. Out of all the things to complain about, it’s funny to me that I’ve seen literally NO ONE speak on the buying interface when you’re on the internet or buying in a flea market, bookshelf (in game instead of build/buy mode) etc. I would love to see you guys update that from clicking arrows to typing in the quantity. It can be a little tiring to the hand to have to click ten different items 100 times, or click 200 items once. Maybe a select all option too that you can check, for the times when you want to buy all things one time? Otherwise I love the game, and I love the direction you’re going with it. I have faith that you will keep it innovative and interesting. It’s just disheartening that after all the expansion packs and updates that I still have to click the arrows repetitively to buy items.

Sincerely, an avid sims player trying not to suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • Lady_AfriLady_Afri Posts: 3 New Member
    It would be great if there was a lot more appreciation of objects versus depreciation. Get Famous added a slight bit to that with autographs of dead sims being worth more(or at least that's what I've noticed in my game. Assuming it's with the unmodded game.)

It would be great if after a few cycles expensive furniture gain in value over losing. I have an old victorian home I'm remodeling and it's weird that I can sell the couch they've had in their family for over 4 generations for far less than I bought it. I also think maybe by setting up the furniture that appreciate by their Styles would make it easier in tagging them, for example, the Mission, Victorian, Queen Anne etc. . . Styles would appreciate in value over things like Patio or Boho that would depreciate.
  • nikolesimmynikolesimmy Posts: 1 New Member
    I have two suggestion that i think will make the game much more realistic

1. Funerals. Been able to say goodbye for the last time to those close to you will be sadly AMAZING. Why? cuz now we only get to see them die and getting a new buff. Imagine having an activity call "Plan a Funeral", where you can select the person that passed away (or the game can just identify it automatically ;) ) Invite those close to them, even people that really didnt like them when they were alive. This will take a new lot type called "Graveyard".

2. Story Telling Challenge (Different from escenarios), where a random situation happens (not up to the player) and you have to do certain things to reach a goal.
    Example, i was recently playing under this story:

Two sims just got married, they are living the time of their lives, so in love, full of youth and blablabla, all of a sudden, sadly one of them die of laughter (this has to happen randomly, wheather the game mode of "Story challenge is selected". The other sim sank in his depression, cause it wasnt easy for him to lose the love of his life. His friends take him to a bar in Glimmerbrook where he met this wierd girl who told him there was a way to get his wife back to life. She told him to go to the magic realm where he can find the way, and so he did. There, he met this dude that tought him all he needed to know of magic so he can pull her wife out of the darkness, and that he only had 7 days to get her back, so the sim prepared himself, becoming a magician and learned the ultimate spell to bring his late wife back to life. He did, and there were a bunch of boring interations that im sure if you do this kind of "Story Challenges" they can be expanded to much more powerful interactions based on the scenario.
  • merlin_theidiotmerlin_theidiot Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to suggest a hobby-based stuff pack! I know that we already have Nifty Knitting, but I was thinking of things like more instruments (ex: flute, bass guitar, drums) and more fine crafts (ex: jewelry making, woodburning). Maybe even more board game/sport/tabletop game options!
  • molitors512molitors512 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I have an idea for a pack!
    I've always thought it would be fun if there would be different decades represented in the game. What if when you started a game, you picked a decade to play in? I don't know how far back you could play, but it would be cool to see the game in the 1700s-1900s. I think it would be fun for your family to age along with the decade you set, so each generation would get closer and closer to modern day. And it would be cool if the townies all dressed and acted like they were in the same period as your active household. I don't know, but it sounds really fun to me! Sometimes I play around with saying my sims are from a certain time, but then they have cellphones and tvs and it doesn't make it realistic enough.
  • ShasimsimShasimsim Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing sims since it first came out with the original one. I love it completely. have played for years. I know that sims is branching out trying to include many things and be completely inclusive. I really like this. But I would love to have a Pride filter. It's hard to remember which items have the rainbow pride theme.
    That would be awesome.
  • simsmplayidksimsmplayidk Posts: 1 New Member
    So I doubt this would happen but maybe add a pack where you can get diseases and have to take meds also just being able to be an addict and smoking stuff I think it would be cool for the adults of the sims players
  • AfterHours14AfterHours14 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a few ideas that I think would make the Sims 4 gameplay more realistic, I think it would be fun if sims were able to revive packages like they are ordering online and they have packages delivered to their house that would seem cool! My other idea is it would be fun if a rice cooker was added and also you would be able to add things to your rice so it’s kinda like a quick and simple meal for sims. I hope your will read this suggestion. Thank you!