Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Can you pollute the magic realm?

IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
What it says on the title. Can you pollute the magic realm from realm of magic? (I assume not, but am willing to be pleasantly surprised).
Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2020
    misread. deleted.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Ivyeyed the gurus said all worlds except the destination ones & strangerville will be affected. So who knows, maybe it will.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    More than likely no, the magic realm is technically a destination world.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I’m also curious if the instance locations (like active career lots) will have pollution/smog or not.

I guess we’ll find out.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It was my understanding that any "special" lots will not be affected, only residential, but I could be mistaken.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    My guess is no since it's floating in a magical dimension, but glimmerbrooke will probably have eco/pollution options
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    While I somewhat understand why it won't affect the magic realm (even if it's a bummer), I don't understand why they couldn't add it on vacation worlds.They did add seasons in them so I don't see why not an eco footprint as well. Or give us at least a few toggles to let us choose how to play in them.
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    While I somewhat understand why it won't affect the magic realm (even if it's a bummer), I don't understand why they couldn't add it on vacation worlds.They did add seasons in them so I don't see why not an eco footprint as well. Or give us at least a few toggles to let us choose how to play in them.

One reason could be that nobody lives there. The associated gameplay all revolves around long-term residence, and vacations don't last a week.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    sennawales wrote: »

One reason could be that nobody lives there. The associated gameplay all revolves around long-term residence, and vacations don't last a week.

I haven't played much in the destination worlds but my guess was that it was similar to Strangerville where your actions already have an effect on them? The few times I've been camping the world looks like it almost resets though so I'm not sure...
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i doubt that it would include the magic ream. you cant even live on the lot so there probably wont be in neighbor votes happening there. plus i imagine that magic would be a seperate thing and wouldnt have polution but i dont know for sure of course.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Pollution - or, more accurately, Green vs. Industrial footprints - isn't based on voting though. Or at least not just voting. It's also influenced by construction materials, usage of green energy vs. industrial energy and so on.

So, in theory, you could redesign the Magic HQ to use more green materials or more industrial materials and have it affected that way (requires using the bb.enablefreebuild cheat)

I mean, in the examples I've seen, While most of Oasis Springs and Willow Creek are neutral, the parks are both green (which makes sense) and the only lots in their respective "neighborhoods" So this may be a way to get the green vs. industrial effects in hidden lots.

This may require actual investigation once the pack is available.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Never thought of magic as giving off industrial pollution.

Just a thought.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think hidden worlds won't be effected as they aren't by weather. But i don't have rom, so i don't know if the Realm of Magic is a hidden world...
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I think hidden worlds won't be effected as they aren't by weather. But i don't have rom, so i don't know if the Realm of Magic is a hidden world...

It doesn't really have weather, but it does have temperature effects. If the sim is dressed for winter when you go there they can overheat (I think the calendar reads warm and cloudy for all days)
  • Options
    verfensverfens Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Ivyeyed said:
    > What it says on the title. Can you pollute the magic realm from realm of magic? (I assume not, but am willing to be pleasantly surprised).

I don't think it will be impacted, due to the fact it's technically a 'hidden' location that you can't normally access from the map. If you can access it though, I'd hope that the forgotten grotto, the Sylvan glade and Sixam would be impacted as well, the first two more than the last. The main issue though I think is wondering how you'd 'change' the eco footprint of these locations, bearing in mind that they are all locked by default to disallow building- which seems to me to be the only way to change those lots one way or another for pollution or cleanliness.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2020

Confirmation that you have to live in a neighbourhood to get an eco footprint. So I assume this does not only apply to the magic realm but also other hidden lots.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Well, hidden lots don't have weather, so............................ probably not.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hidden lots are probably not included. But I'd imagine you can pollute Glimmerbrook.

edit: i spoke too soon, this was literally answered two posts above me

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can't witches just magic pollution away? It wouldn't make sense in the first place.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Well, hidden lots don't have weather, so............................ probably not.

Well, except the hermit's home in Granite Falls and career lots in Get to Work and Get Famous. These have weather. Seems like career lots also won't have eco footprint thing as sims can't live there.

On live streams, it seems like parks are in green eco footprint. And the thing with park neighborhoods in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs is that you can change the lot to residential. Though I am thinking about how the eco footprint would look like in Magnolia Promenade (the neighborhood that came in Get to Work) map. Would the pollution clouds or sunrays show up on the entire map or only near lots?

Though on that topic, I also wonder how the eco footprint would work in neighborhoods with only a special lot whose lot type can't be changed (Chalet Gardens, The Ruins, and The Bluffs in Windenburg, the central park in San Myshuno). With My Library and the Gallery, it is possible to change it to residential. But will they even have a eco footprint?
    You know what would be awesome? If Windenburg's special lots shared the eco footprint with nearby neighborhood. For example, if old town is polluted, the ruins is too.
  • Options
    Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member
    Yes you can, and it’s annoying.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    You can and its pretty easy too. Its because of the cauldrons are always on.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    No, you can't!

Just read this:
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Confirmation that you have to live in a neighbourhood to get an eco footprint. So I assume this does not only apply to the magic realm but also other hidden lots.

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    My realm of magic got polluted once. I swear. Maybe it takes a lot of time staying there. Can you see the eco footprint in your game when in the realm of magic.