Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many times do you not bother to report a bug if Reset Object works as a mitigator?

If I was to report all the bugs in my game I would genuinely, without exaggeration, report on average two bugs a day after every expansion comes out.
"Luckily" Shift-Click + Reset solves a vast majority of problems both with Sims and objects (It's more a matter of figuring out what I need to reset; like the notorious bug with washing machines being unusable that turns out is fixed by resetting the laundry HAMPER, not the washing machine).

So, how many times do you not bother to report a bug but live with it?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

How many times do you not bother to report a bug if Reset Object works as a mitigator? 15 votes

Several bugs a week
46%
Beardedgeek83bienchenFanPhorianetney52Flikka_FlikkaImagebearJimmartin 7 votes
Once a week
0%
Several a month
6%
AngeliqueAdelaide 1 vote
Once a month
0%
Less
46%
simgirl1010BabykittyjadeChicklet453681SERVERFRAWildIrishBansheeSeashoreLiviaCalico45 7 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Less
    Depends. I don't report things I consider long term save game jank. It is always very weird and often impossible to reproduce, much less understand the bug conditions. I usually just put the save out to pasture, and I've done this far longer than 4 has been a thing.

Something in my face enough that I can reproduce and understand, I absolutely report. Especially if it is getting one my nerves. If I have to keep resetting, it is definitely getting reported. Once and it is gone? Probably not.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Less
    Never. I don't experience very many bugs but when I do I always report them or hit that 'me too' button.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    Several bugs a week
    Never. I don't experience very many bugs but when I do I always report them or hit that 'me too' button.

Well you're lucky. I find the game literally unplayable without the reset option handy. It solves so many annoyances that never have been fixed, like Sims walking past each other before being able to talk and then having to walk all the way back. Just reset both Sims so they stop in front of each other then que up interactions like they're supposed to work.

Or a Cottage Living (actually Bramblewood specific) similar problem: The Creature Keeper constantly jogging back and forth between his fake cottage and the fishing spot in the mountains on the other side of the map. Since I live there, I can't "invite to hang out at current lot" since it always counts as if he is on the played lot since he doesn't have a proper home (big mistake by the creators, I think).
    Anyway, this means he is constantly running past me... so just get near him, reset both Sims and then you can talk to him.

And then the standard bugs like "Standing still humming for two full Sim Days unless reset", "Deciding to walk half way across the map to eat / do dishes", "Chef or other personnel at restaurant stuck humming until reset", "Climbing wall locked in 'trial mode' by NPC Sim that left / despawned" so it can't be used until Reset, and simply used as both the quickest, and only, way to end a lot of autonomous actions such as leaving a conversation to go work in the garden or refuse to wait for a holiday Feast meal and instead digging thru the fridge for food. That's a typical example of where the Reset is necessary to stop the Sim in time.

...I really feel we all SHOULD click the "Me too" button every time things like this happens so the devs realize how common it is. I have a feeling they don't realize how buggy the game and especially behaviors, actually are.
    Several bugs a week
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Depends. I don't report things I consider long term save game jank.

That IS a bug in itself, tho.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    Less
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Depends. I don't report things I consider long term save game jank.

That IS a bug in itself, tho.

In general discourse I do refer to it as such, and agree, but for example my last major thing I can think of in 4 was a bugged out fire. I have no idea how it started, but it kept me locked for a genuine half hour as it raged in a staircase. It had a bunch more odd stuff, too, but this was years ago.

Anyway, I couldn't fill out the general report with the information they require. What is the trigger? No idea. Can you reproduce it? No. Vanilla? Yes. I didn't see anything similar to lend my experience to either. In that sort of situation, I do not have any valuable insight to something that most players would probably never see.

One I am trying to figure out recently is in 3. My visitors are spontaneously combusting. Seriously. Everyone that visits catches fire and dies. I would assume it isn't the haunted door bell chime, but it occurred to me that maybe it was something intentional because the Sims 4 specters do the exact same thing when enraged.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Less
    Rarely do a I have non mod related bugs. Only had to reset sim a few times since 2016 and it turned out the be mod or cc related 95% of the time. Vanilla game is super smooth for me.
    I research every single thing I can before bug reporting. I only ever made one report because 9out of 10 I find the answer myself or either notice that something was a reported bug already and I can just hit me too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Less
    I usually wait until it's eventually fixed or report it if it's been many, many months.
    Several bugs a week
    Rarely do a I have non mod related bugs. Only had to reset sim a few times since 2016 and it turned out the be mod or cc related 95% of the time. Vanilla game is super smooth for me.
    I research every single thing I can before bug reporting. I only ever made one report because 9out of 10 I find the answer myself or either notice that something was a reported bug already and I can just hit me too.

Well, maybe I am unlucky? I literally only have MCCC installed, have never used CC, and as I said I have to use Reset several times an hour to get a functional good flowing game play. And this is not a computer issue either, it has been like this since I started using the game at launch 2014 four computers ago.

(As a sidenote I consider MCCC mandatory, I would uninstall the entire game if I could not use it since the game lacks so many features and controls I deem... neccesary, such as story progression, ability to block certain behaviors such as bar nights, and so on).
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nowadays when I see bugs I just roll my eyes and think "another one"
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well I mean...you only need to report a bug once or in almost all cases, just press "me too" because someone else have reported it already...so I don't need to report bugs several times in a week or month...

I think if a bug destroys your game experience so you have to shift click and reset all the time you should try to visit Answer HQ and look up if what you are experiencing is a bug and in that case, press "me too" and also read up on it, sometimes people have found workarounds or it just helps to know it's a bug.

But what I would also recommend is to check if someone have made a mod that fixes it, because bugs take way too long to be fixed and can sometimes completely ruin your experience.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Less
    I agree, MCCC is absolutely required. I don't usually get many bugs tbh, and any resetting is usually me being impatient or the AI is being stupid. I find the longer a save file lasts, and the more sims in it, the dumber the AI gets. A save as usually mitigates a lot of that, and if not, I migrate my sims over. All programs accumulate "junk" including games. I'm assuming you clear your deletable files regularly? Even the Resource file in Mods can get janky.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Several bugs a week
    Given that the most common feedback when reporting a bug is "have you tried un-installing and re-installing and resetting your whole system?" I usually only report bugs when I have tried literally every other solution on my own and it's still a problem that is consistently negatively impacting my game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have had to let this sit & really think about this, to give an honest response.

If a "reset object" fixes it, I go with that and move on.

The bugs I report are the ones that I can't find a solution to, which send me googling for solutions, and then I either "Me Too" a report on EA Answers HQ, or make a report there.

I have to be stuck to the degree that I am hunting for solutions, before I feel a problem worth taking the time to report.

My play time varies. Sometimes I am playing a lot. Sometimes very infrequently. I can go for weeks without a bug worth reporting. When I do have an issue, it's usually just one at a time. But since my schedule is erratic, it's hard to quantify in terms of the poll.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited October 2021
    I only report things that can't be solved and keep bugging me to ends of earth

then again i don't tend to run into many
    and most of the time someone already reported so i can just add to their report
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Several bugs a week
    I think I may have read the question wrong. I rarely encounter bugs but I’m shift clicking a lot on sims when they get stuck in a lag. My game lags quite a bit (not as bad as sims 3 did) but that is due to me always playing on a low end laptop not the game itself so I don’t consider it a bug worth reporting. I’ve only reported the bigger bugs the main one was last year before snowy escape and the game constantly cutting out. Others I’ll only report if they are affecting my game but it’s not often.
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    Several bugs a week
    I reset sims daily , but bugs can be solved by doing that are just simulation lag / action queue related . There are many types of bug that are being reported .
    For example , features they provide not working like [ New Year Resolution: 'Loose Weight' not fulfilling ] or not working properly like [Mannequins free restocking ] or things that don't make sense like [Toddlers cannot interact with extended family] , etc . Also there's features that worked half of the time and some uncompassionate people will tell you , weird they never encountered that .