Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What premade would make a good therapist?

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
The situation: I need a therapist as permanent member of my backstabbing and now also supernaturally active cops. Since Psychology is linked to the detective career, the new team member could enter that career and naturally spawn as a co-worker.

I'm only attached to some few premades, of most, especially the newer ones, I have no clear picture. Is there anybody you could recommend for that job?

Already used premades (either dead or already part of the story in fixed roles):
Tina Tinker, Betty Sterling, Julia Wright, Erwin Pries, George Cahill, the Renegades, the Behr sisters, the BFF, Johnny Zest, Miko Ojo, Penny Pizzazz, Raj Rasoya, Catarina Lynx, Morgyn Ember, everyone from Sims 2 and maybe others I cannot think of on top of my head.

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited October 2021
    Ask Bob Pancakes. He’s probably been though a few therapists in his day.

Maybe give the job to Dennis Kim. He kind of looks the type and isn’t employed.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I nominate Gunther Munch. There’s a lot of writing that goes with psychology, and he’s a Renaissance Sim, so I imagine he’s contemplative and has done well academically.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I like the two above. If you haven’t already used Mortimer Goth, I think he would make a good one. I currently have him as a politician.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I think Bella Goth would be kind and understanding
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I think Bella Goth would be kind and understanding

I agree. And with the job she starts with, I'd say she's probably meant to be pretty observant and perceptive in general.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    bluedanube wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »
    Ask Bob Pancakes. He’s probably been though a few therapists in his day.

Maybe give the job to Dennis Kim. He kind of looks the type and isn’t employed.

Why? Because he has an uncanny resemblance to Dr. Phil? :D

Oh. So you noticed that too,eh? 😂

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,875 Member
    I was going to say Lana McKinnon, but Bella Goth wins immediately @Nate_Whiplash1

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Siobhan? She believes she knows what’s best for everyone and is happy telling them what to do.

Angela Pleasant might be a nice choice. But she does seem slightly codependent.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Argh, I knew I missed mentioning some more already used sims. "Renegades" in my mind already included Siobhan (city planner), Gunther (journalist) and Luna (Knight of the Hedge/Investor). Otherwise Luna and Siobhan would have been high up on my list for the job @imhappy and @bluedanube ! @babajayne I never looked at Gunther from this angle, he is pretty much locked into the investigative journalist/reluctant but competent adventurer role in my saves. But I will definitely keep this in mind for sometime later!

Of the remaining sims I admit I was sceptic about Bob (currently unplayed stay at home dad and hobby gardener) at first, but the more I think about it, the more fun he sounds in this role. @cyncie you mentioned he's probably been through several shrinks already, and in my headcanon that's also true for my cops. They might expect the next tie-wearing, stickler to protocol trying to put them back in line, and won't be prepared in the least for Bob shambling in, leaving coffee pots all over the place and generally being unfazed, giving the aura of a man who's heard and seen everything already. Heck, they may really listen to him and start growing.

I'll play Bob through the police career tutorial later today and report back how it went. If this for some reason doesn't click, Bella will get a tryout next.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Geoffrey Landgraab. Was a doctor in TS3, manages to stay surprisingly normal while being married to Nancy.

I think he's sort of a cop already in basegame TS4 ? Lead detective or something.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I was going to say Ulrike Faust but I think most available sims would work.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    I don't know how but I immediately thought of spencer kim lewis family

maybe Vivian?

or if it needs to be occult...
    someone from Sulani sims perhaps?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Caterina Lynx, she strikes me as the type who has so many cats because she's tired of people, maybe having seen the gritty underbelly of the criminal world is the reason. Plus she looks the part.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Victor Feng is smart and perfectionistic, so he might make a good psychologist. He could come up with brilliant insights and always remember everything a client tells him.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would go with Eva Capricciosa she has never failed me in a career
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Nancy Landgraab always wanted to control other sims' mind, I bet she would be good at it too :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Johnny zest. I’d like to think he was one of the those people who needed therapy as a young adult and then in later life realise that is his calling to help others after the landgraabs messed him up
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Moira Fyres. She always seems so nice.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    You all are making me want to hire them all, but there is only a single open spot and I'm proud to announce that Bob snagged that position with a fanfare.

I was a bit disappointed that (except for the Chief) none of my main characters spawned as his co-workers when I sent Bob to the police station. Like the vampire who hadn't known he was one, until he had went into thirst desperation at work and slurped on poor June Kay. But okay, the vampire is most likely suspended for this week and June is still recovering.

Bob got sent to a crime scene with an officer by name of Lena Kreitz, a known alien. Lena is a townie who only ever gets played during work outings or challenges that require the whole staff to participate.

That's her:

24.10.21_00-28-486wj91.png

Later Bob met Lena again when he was helping out in the evidence lab. Her skin color was a bit off, but the bodyshape, hairstyle and -color fit, so everyone had assumed that Lena had just not eaten properly that day and therefore her disguise was a little slacking. It happened, especially in their profession.

But Bob wasn't fooled by the apperance. He alone had noticed a slight difference in stance and mimic that told him this person wasn't Lena Kreitz. Not Lena without breakfast, not Lena after a bad coffee and neither Lena having a bad hair day, but NOT LENA period.

24.10.21_00-23-46otkqi.png

And indeed, when Bob confronted the woman about his suspicions, it came to light that she didn't even speak simlish (Language barriers mod had assinged her Komorebi).

24.10.21_00-24-34xrjyf.png

For paying attention and unmasking the imposter, Bob got welcomed into the team. He now enjoys my sims' respect and they will actually listen to his advice.

(I got fooled for a minute, too. First I thought it was a trick of the light, or a glitch with the skins, but then I mouse over'd her name and realized she wasn't Lena. And then the real Lena entered the lab - the first screenshot with both of them was taken last.)
    You all are making me want to hire them all, but there is only a single open spot and I'm proud to announce that Bob snagged that position with a fanfare.

I was a bit disappointed that (except for the Chief) none of my main characters spawned as his co-workers when I sent Bob to the police station. Like the vampire who hadn't known he was one, until he had went into thirst desperation at work and slurped on poor June Kay. But okay, the vampire is most likely suspended for this week and June is still recovering.

Bob got sent to a crime scene with an officer by name of Lena Kreitz, a known alien. Lena is a townie who only ever gets played during work outings or challenges that require the whole staff to participate.

That's her:

24.10.21_00-28-486wj91.png

Later Bob met Lena again when he was helping out in the evidence lab. Her skin color was a bit off, but the bodyshape, hairstyle and -color fit, so everyone had assumed that Lena had just not eaten properly that day and therefore her disguise was a little slacking. It happened, especially in their profession.

But Bob wasn't fooled by the apperance. He alone had noticed a slight difference in stance and mimic that told him this person wasn't Lena Kreitz. Not Lena without breakfast, not Lena after a bad coffee and neither Lena having a bad hair day, but NOT LENA period.

24.10.21_00-23-46otkqi.png

And indeed, when Bob confronted the woman about his suspicions, it came to light that she didn't even speak simlish (Language barriers mod had assinged her Komorebi).

24.10.21_00-24-34xrjyf.png

For paying attention and unmasking the imposter, Bob got welcomed into the team. He now enjoys my sims' respect and they will actually listen to his advice.

(I got fooled for a minute, too. First I thought it was a trick of the light, or a glitch with the skins, but then I mouse over'd her name and realized she wasn't Lena. And then the real Lena entered the lab - the first screenshot with both of them was taken last.)

Go Bob! Glad to give him a good referral. Meanwhile, this is what his wife was doing in my game. He might want to sleep with one eye open for a while.

OAhbkOk.png