The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did you start playing to The Sims ?

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    2002 - 2003
    Since early in 😎
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,181 Member
    2000 - 2001 : The Sims era
    From the beginning. It got me through my divorce. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    2006 - 2008 (Packs developed by The Sims Studio)
    Around late 2008 to 2009 ish. We had a PS2 and my brothers came home from the game store with a Sims 2 Pets CD saying "we think you'd love this" and I, in fact, did love it. Never knew about the Sims before that. Since then I've been hooked to this game :smile: I'm thankful to them for introducing me to this game.
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • justcheriejustcherie Posts: 3 New Member
    2002 - 2003
    My first Sims game was a copy of the Sims Complete Collection that I bought marked down at CompUSA or some such store in the early 2000s. Later I played Sims 2 but stopped playing for about 14 years. My husband just built me a shiny new computer and I wanted to test it. I just installed Sims 4, just the base game so far, and I'm afraid I'm already hooked...again!
  • SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    I am shocked at the amount of long timers there are here! My now-ex-husband had read something about the Sims in a gaming magazine and said it looked interesting, so I bought it for him as a gift. He never even cut the plastic. My oldest had just started kindergarten that year and my younger child was a really good napper so I installed it one day when I was bored. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    From the beginning. I watched the loading screens and went through the tutorial with great interest. As soon as Bob Newbie burped or farted or something, I knew this was not going to be like anything I'd ever experienced.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2021
    2017 - 2018 (Toddler patch and TS4 for console)
    2018 or 2019? Honestly can't recall anymore. Feels longer than that for sure. The passage of time has been strange since covid started.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    Was addicted to the Sims 1 as a kid. My favourite packs were Superstar and Making Magic. I also loved the potion laboratory kit in Livin It Up. You never knew what colour you were going to get!
    Sims 2 also gave me years of enjoyment.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    2021 and later
    I'm in the 1%. I don't know how to feel about that lol
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    2014 - 2016 : The Sims 4 era
    Saw my favorite youtuber at the time, DanTDM playing it, and I saved up my money to get it. Still happily playing to this day.
  • Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I was in High School at the time and one of the people that used to ride the bus with me mentioned the game to me because he thought I would appreciate it because of my controlling personality and I really did. I have never looked back, we aren't in contact anymore but I wish that I could go back in time to 1999 and thank him in hind sight because The Sims has been my saving Grace in all aspects! <3
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I met my husband in 1998, but I knew his sister way before that...and when we would go over to her apartment she had the original game on her computer...I tried it once...instantly hooked. :p
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    2000 I remember is was in primary school and about 9/10years old and played sims 1 up until 2013 then bought sims 3 and finally bought sims 4 just as get famous came out
  • EllaJMcGavinEllaJMcGavin Posts: 2 New Member
    I started in 2008, technically, through a friends game. But, didn't start really playing it I believe until 2009 or 2010 and it was Sims 2.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    2006 - 2008 (Packs developed by The Sims Studio)
    December 2006 - Early 2007 (when the computer broke down and couldn't find the graphics card for some reason)
    Summer 2008 - present (on and off, but the off-times were never as long as that computer-breaking-down hiatus)
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I started playing The Sims in 2000. I had the Sam's Club big box. I didn't know The Sims existed before I saw it at Sam's Club.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • BellaKarnsteinBellaKarnstein Posts: 7 New Member
    2004 - 2005 : The Sims 2 era
    I didn't oww an xbox or computer back then, I remember going to one of those places where you paid /hour. I remember being absolutely fascinated by the genetics option and also by the aliens' skin
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    2011 - 2013 (Premium content added to TS3 Store)
    I actually started out with TS2 because everything's kind of late where I live. Whatever is popular right now in the western world, I'll get to enjoy it in 5 years. My best friend at the time had it installed on her PC and I used to come over and we played for a really long time. Sweet memories.
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    2014 - 2016 : The Sims 4 era
    I started playing Sims 3 at 10 years old in 2015 on Xbox 360, I'm 16 now and I have all of the ps2 versions of the Sims, which I started collecting at 12 years old, for my 16 birthday I got Sims 2 pc
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    2002 - 2003
    I first played The Sims on the GCN back in 2003. I didn't fully get into The Sims until early 2004 when I began playing it on the PC (I know right before TS2 came out lol), but I did begin back in 2003 so that's how I voted.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited October 2021
    2002 - 2003
    I think around Vacation ep for ts1
    because my sister had ts1 +Vacation
    and I would play it with sister

I best remember though when Makin' Magic released and I was at store and I was begging mom to buy it for me cause it was so cool

it still is tbh.
    nothing beats Makin' Magic to this day :disappointed:
    keep trying EA keep trying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I was seven year old at the time and I tried the sims on a friend computer. :) It's been a long time since then.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    2011 - 2013 (Premium content added to TS3 Store)
    I started playing the Sims in 2011 but with TS2 first before buying TS3.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    2002 - 2003
    Sims 1 Hot Date had just been released and a friend on AOL was talking about it. I went out and got it (along with the base game and all packs before it). I also had a Nintendo DS and was playing the handheld version that was out at the time. I went out and bought a GameCube and those games. I have been hooked since then all the way through Sims 3 on PC. I have some of Sims 4 on PC but not into it that much.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    2002 - 2003
    I like to pretend I was there from the beginning, but truthfully, my family didn't get a second computer AKA, a computer that we were allowed to install games on, until 2001. On that same note, my sister didn't even let me touch the game until 2002 because she kept saying I was too young for it. At least I can say I was playing back before Sims 2 was a thing.