Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Pack is Coming

KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
I don't know how to paste in images of tweets, so I'll copy just the text over. Here's my evidence:

1.@TheSims Oct 14
between new Adele and new Summer Walker music ... Crying faceMusical note our only weekend plans:
[Picture of Cry it Out in bed]

2. The Sims Oct 15
Make your own style with BABY Hapum's SIMZY, the S-pop stars available on The Gallery AirplaneSparkles
[Video of K-Pop style Stars]

3. @TheSims Oct 18
a monday vibe Writing hand Multiple musical notes Headphone courtesy of
@taliexottv Smiling face
what is your go-to work/study playlist? Sparkles

4.@TheSims Oct 18
Check out her full lo-fi video that we are leaving on repeat for the week here Multiple musical notes:

5. @TheSims 22h
which celebrities do you think play The Sims Thinking face

6.@SimGuruSalo Oct 14
Currently listening to this, what are you all listening to?

None of the Gamechangers are talking about these tweets! Why? Because they already know about the pack and have to keep it quiet.

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    It could just be another music festival coming up. But I would like bands.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    It could just be another music festival coming up. But I would like bands.

Yes it could be more Sims Sessions. Or, Sims Sessions was also a clue (or a pilot test) related to the upcoming music Pack. The most suspicious thing is the Game Changers are picking up on this, which makes me think they know something.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The evidence does seem to be adding up! I would be pleased with an expansion like Showtime. I want one that brings back bands and a singing career. Perhaps they could bring back making music videos from Sims 1 and make them even more in depth. Showtime also had magicians and acrobats which I had loads of fun with. I really hope they announce the pack soon! There is no way they'd want to miss their holiday sales!!!!!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I want my R&B radio station back to the base game if they announce the new music pack
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I want my R&B radio station back to the base game if they announce the new music pack

I know you do! When I saw the Adele tweet and the comments included "oooh R&B" I thought of you!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I know you do! When I saw the Adele tweet and the comments included "oooh R&B" I thought of you!
    I know right!
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited October 2021
    I would be pleased with an expansion like that I want them to bring back bands Showtime also had magicians and acrobats all I can say is if they do sims 4 ShowTime I will be all to happy to buy it
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This would be a dream come true! 🥰
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    I wonder if they are going to let us form a band, more songs for playing different instruments and singing, or if it going to be bringing in MTV station and new radio stations?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hmm.. if the next pack is a new Expansion, I really wonder how they will make a complete EP about ''music''.

Wouldn't be music more a GP theme?

But then again... they love to make packs for every single feature nowadays, so who knows.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited October 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmm.. if the next pack is a new Expansion, I really wonder how they will make a complete EP about ''music''.

Wouldn't be music more a GP theme?

But then again... they love to make packs for every single feature nowadays, so who knows.

It'd be more of a GP if they just added one new instrument animation, like a drum set, repurpose the guitar animation for electric guitars and bass guitars and treat bands as clubs. But I'd be extremely disappointed, what I expect from a music EP is the ability to have Sims perform music together, to go on stage and have other Sims either dance at their music or boo them.

I'd want percussion and wind instruments to be included in the game (kids learning recorder), upright pianos, cellos, bass (upright and electric), saxophones, clarinets. I want Sims to be able to perform in a rock band, an orchestra -or at least a chamber music ensemble-, a jazz group.

I want new "hidden" venues like the ones from GtW and GF but with a stage for Sims in the musician, comedian, acting careers to perform their gigs.
    Happy simming!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If we aren’t getting a GP or EP through December (per the road map, assuming there are no surprises) then...
    Imagine if they refresh Get Famous. All these hints could mean they’re adding new types of musicians and live performances.

But... waterfront neighborhood please xoxo
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't want a Band Pack to be a GP. I want it to be a great big EP.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    They’re having a free trial of Get Famous soon. Kinda goes with my theory that a refresh is coming related to this thread. Hmmm
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    This is Sims 4 so I'm expecting at most, Sims 3 Showtime's ability to play a gig but like.....Really stripped down. Like you probably can't decorate the stage, maybe like 3 songs. Maybe if I'm really lucky, and the stars align, a leprechaun hands me his pot of gold, and a field of four leaf clovers grow where ever I step foot, maybe perhaps we'll finally get a Drum set........I don't know how lucky I have to be to get a bass guitar added in as well.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    If we aren’t getting a GP or EP through December (per the road map, assuming there are no surprises) then...
    Imagine if they refresh Get Famous I'd love that
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    edited November 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't want a Band Pack to be a GP. I want it to be a great big EP.

Same! I want it to be an EP.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I love the jpop sounding music and dancing skill from get famous. Would be cool if it tied into making your own dance / kpop group!!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Maybe. I notice a lot of my sims are playing the guitar randomly and messing with the future cube.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I think they'll make a refresh on Get To Work or Get Famous, rather than issue a new pack for music...
    They may add some new career (e.g. idols) for those EP or add some new music instruments in base game...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    A musical pack would go perfectly with Get Famous, and if you're going to have an active job as a musician of some kind, Get To Work could use a little polish too.

I can see why it would take a while. EA would need to hire muscians to create the sound needed - and pay them. All the different levels of ability as your Sim learns, and multiple songs. And if you're playing in a band... well, you have to all be skilled, right? But that's also why I'd like a whole pack dedicated to it. Why do things by halves?

It would be lovely to have more instruments. Drums, but also wind instruments.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My wish list includes drums, cello, saxophone, harp, and theremin!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A hole pack about playing in band it seems a bit empty. I have Sims who like to play instruments, a couple in the music career and one band, who plays using the group feature from "get together". But a pack where four or five Sims get togehter and plays for four five other Sims the same songs over and over again. I think I would get fed up with it pretty soon.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    Imagine if they refresh Get Famous I'd love that

If they refresh Get Famous, I want a waterfront neighborhood……
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2021
    Peral wrote: »
    A hole pack about playing in band it seems a bit empty. I have Sims who like to play instruments, a couple in the music career and one band, who plays using the group feature from "get together". But a pack where four or five Sims get togehter and plays for four five other Sims the same songs over and over again. I think I would get fed up with it pretty soon.

If we're getting a pack (as opposed to added in for a Get Famous Refresh) we'll be getting more than just "sims playing together" - we'll probably get a couple new instruments which will require new animations. Presumably some sort of "gig track" or active music career (or some variation on work from home) where the band makes money as a group.

And unlike having them play together using Get Together, they'll actually play the same song. To my ears, that right there is worth it. :wink:
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on