Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have to choose things from Animal Crossing series, which ones and why?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
In my case, 2 comes from New Horizons future free update:

Narrow spaces movement

With something like this, Sims can walk through narrow space between furniture, for example, half tiles

Wild bees or wasp encounter

Maybe for a Seasons refresh, but what if Sims should raid from wild bees or wasps from their lots in the roof or in trees? Bees can later be included in a empty beehive and wasp killed.

Garden storage shed

Besides the lack of lawn care items and gameplay, including lawn mowers and grass growing, a storage shed can also bring more realism in the series, to store for example, tools, grills or using it only for decorative propuses.

Wood chopping

A Kit with lumberjack activities can fit very well with the lack of gameplay kits after Bust the Dust.

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Probably the 48 or 49 lot vacation home DLC island. (I paused the video to count all the dots on the map.) There are a number of what looks to be biomes, too. I know we'd never get it, but Animal Crossing is getting a bigger "neighborhood" than any in the Sims 4 in a $25 DLC. Pretty funny, right?

Now, Animal Crossing is a pretty different game and there will be loading screens between them all, but I don't need an open world to to feel immersed in it. I enjoy neighbors a lot more in Animal Crossing than the Sims.

Anything else I would move over would probably be pretty small.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »

Narrow spaces movement

With something like this, Sims can walk through narrow space between furniture, for example, half tiles

This is already a feature in Sims 4
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nothing. If I wanted stuff from another game, I'd just play that game.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Looks cute, but I do not play Animal Crossing. I’m not aware of its features.
    I can however list a heap of things that Animal Crossing or other games may or may not have.
    • Yes I would love a wood chopping interaction and a variety of axes for my sims.
    • I don’t really care about being able to mow the lawn in the sims unless it comes with fairies. Bust The Overgrowth or Save The Fairy Kingdom.
    • I would love a little harvesting tractor. Just a random thought.
    • I would also like horses. Are horses in animal crossing? I would assume so…since horses are animals.
    • How about werewolves? Do they live among the crossing animals? Because I wants them.
    • And cars. Do the animals in Animal Crossing drive around in little cars? Beep beep.
    • Can the animals in Animal Crossing be in a band? To me that’s not important right now. What is important is that we should get bands in The Sims 4!
    • Official body hair. Do the animals in Animal Crossing have official body hair? A profound YES I presume, given that the animals in Animal Crossing are in fact animals. 😇
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Love Animal Crossing. It's my second favorite video game.

Terra-forming.
    One of Animal Crossing: New Horizons' biggest new features is Island Designer, an app for the in-game NookPhone that lets you terraform your island to your liking. This includes pathmaking, building water features, and building cliffs--or destroying those things, if you want. Using each of these abilities, you can rebuild your island's rivers, build waterfalls, create roads and plazas, and more. It's all up to you and your creative vision!

Shopping for clothing.
    Send and receive gifts from friends.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Easy for me: Alto Saxophone.

It may have taken Animal Crossing forever to get it, but it did eventually.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    Definitely the on the spot customization of the village, something like that in the sims would certainly be neat, maybe it will be part of Sims 5