Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

1234568...Next

Comments

• DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    I have made it to 14 generations in my game. I am basically playing the same save since I first bought the game. J. Huntington III is actually my family's founder. I hope to keep it going as long as I can.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    I've not played in a long time now, but looking at my family chart that I was keeping up to date quite often, I have 8 generations.

65 members are female and 45 are male, 3 are vampires(2 females and 1 male).

I was looking at the wrong data when I posted this.

At gen 9 now. That's 68 total family members, 46 females and 22 males.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I play rotation, so the furthest I've gotten is Generation 3. I've added households to the rotation because something interesting happened.

It has taken so long to get through rotations that Makoa and Lilliana Kealoha from Island Living called one of the households I was playing for the go ahead to have a kid. So, my sims are now producing the next generation before I get to them. :D
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    I've been playing my second household since I've gotten my new account and I'm currently on gen 3 after only playing the house for 2 months real-time!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    edited October 2021
    This is my Sim Self's current family tree.
    Td1sYTv.png

It bothers me that his second eldest son is at the end of the third row and should be next to the third Sim in the third row as he was born after her.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Right now I'm on generation three, lol!! I've been playing this legacy for about a year off and on (definitely more off than on), but I am challenging myself to keep it going. I started with a sim I created and Paka Uha as the founders. I am enjoying them, but I do get bored easily when I play with one set of sims for too long. I'm so glad the heir is close to going to college so I can truly focus solely on him and move him into a new place.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    I'm only on 2nd currently, but those kids are almost adults and can keep it going.
    I play on a long lifespan and often take long breaks from the sims, so it takes a while, haha.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Legacy style save I went on 4th Generation (split across 5-6 households). Rotational style I got 2nd Generation across all base game households (eight I guess)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Sablesasha sounds like you are having a very lot of fun! Good Luck on getting to 10 generations, but I'm sure you will breeze through it!!
    @Rosiieo Congrats on 8 generations, wow that's an impressive family tree!
    @DJNS congrats on 14 generations that's a wonderful accomplishment and using the one save!
    @SamDenny congrats and that is some impressive family numbers!
    @Metior_Ice congrats on your 3 generations in rotation gameplay, and congrats on the 4th generation fixing to happen!
    @Hazelly congrats on 3 generations, I play the same way it takes me a while to move on!
    @Brd709 Impressive family tree, congrats on your many generations!
    @Goth583 congrats on your 3 generations, sounds like you have a plan waiting to put in motion!
    @WritingAndSimming congrats on your second generation and I love playing on the long life span as well! Maybe that's why it takes me so long to move on!!
    @Flap Impressive generations you have there and many congrats!
    I really love coming here and reading how everyone is doing in their generation gameplay. It/you all inspire me tremendously! Many thanks for stopping by and sharing! o:)<3
    @BreeMiles Lir is my third generation Heir from my last attempt at a legacy, but I found it takes a long time to move onto the next generation when playing rotation. I created a different type of legacy in which the "heirs" are already created, and the founder has to recruit them to a club instead of producing the next generation. The founder is essentially immortal with aging turned off. So far, I'm on my first rotation for this and the way the challenge is playing out has caught me by surprise, and it hasn't been as easy as I thought. I still haven't gotten all three character values yet.

This is the link to Lir's story.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994423/the-immortal-merfolk-legacy-challenge#latest

I plan on doing a couple more legacies in the same save. I want to see how many generations I can get to.
  • d0ll_v0m1td0ll_v0m1t Posts: 23 Member
    The farthest ive ever gotten was gen 3 and it's on the current game im playing because i have a habit of starting a game, then abandoning it after a few sim days. The other time ive gotten this far was on an old savegame and then everythign just fell apart in the game, the cat died, the daughter got married, it was raining constantly and yea. Then i moved computers and lost it all.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I always get bored after the second generation, but I'm trying to stick with my current family.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Reached 10 generations. There's gonna be some changes since this is a milestone for the family.

Brandi X'th is the last Denny to bear the name Brandi.
    Catherine is the first red head born into the family(daughter of the recently revived-through-wishing-well Katrina Caliente) and gonna start a whole new branch from there.
    Most townies were removed from the game and lots emptied to make room for my growing family.

My game is also rather glitchy now..probably from having such a large family. I'll have to consider letting some family members die..
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    I've only made it to gen 2 because I get really stressed when my sims age up lol.
  • GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    Only 3 🙁
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am currently on Gen 7! Kinda bummed that the game's in-built family tree glitches out and now the furthest I can go back on the tree is to Gen 5 :( but luckily I've archived it on my own in the Plum Tree app. You can check out my signature too if you want to see the tree in closer detail or click here

IyUJvUB.png

Weird sense of achievement seeing how big the family has grown, starting from the one weird Sim I made when I was first exploring CAS to the Gen 7 heirs decked in CC :lol:
  • EmerySnickettEmerySnickett Posts: 42 Member
    I've only gotten to Gen 3, I'm so so bad at staying consistent with families
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've just got to 4th generation on my Adam and Eve challenge (sims 3). Yayy!! 😁
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Yay! @texxx78 so glad to see you're having fun with Sims 3 since 4 didn't work out for you. 🙂
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Yay! @texxx78 so glad to see you're having fun with Sims 3 since 4 didn't work out for you. 🙂

@simgirl1010 :) thank you!
    @Metior_Ice that sounds like an interesting way to do it!
    @d0ll_v0m1t congrats on three generations, I hope you can get back into the mood and it goes smoothly for you!
    @AngelEb95 congrats on two generations, hang in there I know you can do it!
    @SamDenny that is a huge accomplishment congrats on ten generations! Glitchy games and letting family members pass on are always hard!
    @beathappening congrats on two generations, I hate seeing my sims die as well. I sometimes turn aging off because of this.
    @GoldenWings16 congrats on three generations hang in there would love to hear about many more!
    @quæk that's impressive seven generations, sad to hear about the in-game tree being glitchy/broken, I love the Plum Tree App as well!
    @EmerySnickett congrats on three generations, that is pretty awesome! I do the same thing about being consistent! I play a bit then I want to build something.
    @texxx78 way to go and congrats on four generations! It's always fun and finding the best Sim version for ourselves makes it even better! I play all three of them, hence also could be why my generations don't roll out as often :)

I really enjoy stopping by and reading how everyone is getting along in their games with their generations! Thanks so much, everyone for sharing/encouraging/inspiring each other!
    @BreeMiles I plan on doing 4 different legacies .

My Immortal Merfolk Legacy comes from the realization that Merfolk get Bonus Days to live due to naturally high fitness. When I played the initial legacy, My founder was on deaths door and I was getting anxious because he stuck around more than a sim week after the notification for his time. Like, I almost couldn't produce the fourth generation because of a full house. The founder had twins and the heir had twins...

My next Legacy will be a spellcaster legacy.

After that, it will be an Alien Legacy.

Then after that, I'll attempt a Twin Legacy to experiment with whether of not twins have a genetic element to them.

I play rotation so I'll have rotation households between the Legacy Households.

For my Twin Legacy, I will probably use the Fertile Trait for the first couple generations to ensure a family history of twins. The Founder will be a CAS twin, and the heirs will be twins. I'm still building the courage to attempt such a crazy thing.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    For my Twin Legacy, I will probably use the Fertile Trait for the first couple generations to ensure a family history of twins. The Founder will be a CAS twin, and the heirs will be twins. I'm still building the courage to attempt such a crazy thing.

@Metior_Ice oh nice, can't wait to hear more about how it goes!