Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you play TS4?

On average biweekly (every 2 weeks,not twice in a week)
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

How often do you play TS4? 106 votes

Not regular or active biweekly / only to check dlc or updates
24% 26 votes
Less than an hour biweekly
4% 5 votes
1-2 hours biweekly
6% 7 votes
3-4 hours biweekly
9% 10 votes
5-6 hours biweekly
4% 5 votes
6-8 hours biweekly
4% 5 votes
9-10 hours biweekly
4% 5 votes
11+ biweekly
40% 43 votes

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It depends.Now I am in my happy days phase so I play about 2 hours a day. Sometimes even more.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I take spurts. I have a lot of time in 4. Well over 1000 hours. However, I don't have regular enough free time to guarantee I can play a game every two weeks, and if I do it may not be 4. However, when I do play it is usually for quite a while.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited October 2021
    11+ over a two week period.

I usually play 1-2 hours during the week with longer sessions on the weekend.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I have like 10k hours into Sims 4...and probably more than that including offline time.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I usually fire it up every evening and send it to desktop when a TV programme I want to watch comes on or I need to eat something, wash up etc, etc. It's something now to build up bit by bit, slowly like a hobby. I don't knit! :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A couple times a week, on average, for roughly three to four hours at a stretch. Sometimes more, but I have other things making demands on my time - even game time.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I can't answer. Sometimes I play a lot, almost every day (this can last for months) and then there can be weeks or months when I only check for updates.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Honestly really sure how to answer, as I tend to go through long periods of not playing at all, however when I do play, it tends to be lot. So, it'll usually be something like pretty heavy usage for a month or two, and then absolutely nothing for a few months after that, and repeat, with some variation on the lengths of both periods of time.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,640 Member
    edited October 2021
    3- 4 times a week unless I’m working. Then it’s only weekends. Number of hours varies. If I’m home it can be 11+ hours every two weeks. If I’m working it can be 0 hours. I split the difference in the poll.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2021
    These last few months I have gone from playing it a couple of times a week to only play it to check out updates or new packs. These last few weeks I have barely played the game. I haven't updated the game and I have not bought any kits.

The game has become, very, boring for me sadly. Kits was probably the worst decision Maxis could have made for people like me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I do something sims related everyday (blogging, captioning screenshots for myself, drawing family trees, planning elections, writing mini challenges). As for actually playing the game, maybe four days out of seven. I could be anywhere in the 6-8, 9-10 or 11+ hours brackets (voted 9-10).
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I haven't played at all in the last months, since the release od DHD. Haven't bought the last game pack nor the last expansion pack (i have all the other packs besides JtB). I also haven't bought kits (i only have BtD, and i disabled it a few weeks after buying it). I've lost interest in sims 4. Because the game is still in development, deep down in my heart, i hope that the focus of the developers/company changes in order to make it more a game and less shallow/just looks. After all i've spent 600+ euros in it :tongue: But the truth is i don't believe it will happen. So, i happily play 3 everyday, now that it is super stable with nraas mods and a good, recent gaming pc.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'm still a "New Player" so I still have things I can discover here. So I do open the game up rather frequently and just mess around for a bit.

Sometimes it will be open all day long in the background. I work from home on a work computer and my personal PC's monitor is right behind that so I often have things up on 4 screens all at once around me - with one of those possibly containing the sims on pause while work is active.

It's a great platform for that kind of thing - short glance overs when your mind needs a tiny mini-break.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It really depends, sometimes I don't or barely play for weeks on end, and sometimes I binge play an entire weekend.
    But I haven't played much the past year and a half - and it's mostly due to the game being so incredibly bugged and needing a ton of mods to fix some of it and constantly having to update those mods. I really just want a game I can load and play, not one I need to do a lot of stuff for before I can play it the way I like.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    On good gaming weeks, I'll play both days on the weekend, 3 or more hours per session, and on great gaming weeks I'll also play one or two evenings for a couple of hours.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm confused by options but usually I play couple hours a day unless I'm taking longer break or having other stuff to do with that time

this month I've been playing much less though because I've sort of overdone my Cottage Living and it got bit overwhelming :sweat_smile: just feels bit like having too many tabs open at once but I'm sure it gets better when i start wrapping the story up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Alot of hours. :p
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm still thinking about how to cast my vote.

If reading and posting in this forum count as "playing," then I'm 11+ biweekly, easy. If having the game open so I can create Sims in CAS or browse the Gallery for cool uploads counts, then, again, I'm 11+ with hours to spare.

If I interpret "playing" in the strictest manner possible--actually controlling a household and progressing through a save--I'm probably 6-8 or 9-10 hours biweekly. There are, however, fortnights when I'm definitely averaging an hour a day.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I am a creature of habit... I play almost every day since the beginning of 2020 and even before then it was pretty often. I've been slowing down and playing less more recently. I am getting excited for the release of some new games.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited October 2021
    I could build or play out a story for about 5-8 hours a day and have done so before at intervals, but as of late I’ve become an extremely irregular player. That’s not because I don’t want to sit and play the sims or other games all day! I do. I do.

At certain times of the year I’m required to invest time in many other things and after that I spend whatever leisure time I’ve left in the great outdoors (because needing fresh air is a thing) and when that’s done I’m absolutely wrecked and too tired to play games.

My niece has this Hermione Granger Time Turner thingie hanging around her neck which I’ve been trying to steal off her so I can see if it works. So far she hasn’t been impressed with my many attempts to nick it, but she doesn’t understand that adult adults actually need double the time available to get done what needs to be done. That includes having fun! 😋
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don’t play 4 regularly. I might have a few days of playing then leave it for a while. I think it adds up biweekly when I average my plays out.

I played a lot when Oasis Courtyard Kit came out, practically every day for a fortnight as I loved the Moroccan accents and had a lot of fun mixing up the furniture in different styles of houses and community lots.

I liked Industrial Loft Kit but with only one window it was hard to get into that more. I ended up just using the bedroom furniture in regular builds. So I played less.

At the moment I haven’t loaded it in two weeks as I’m playing 3.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    I play daily unless something gets in my way. Not every two weeks. DAILY. You didn't include such an option. Or you could have listed it as how many times (or hours) a week do you play, then go to biweekly, then monthly, bimonthly, etc. But, yeah, I've got a lot going on in my Main game save and I am going to leave the forums, now, so I can start playing today! Byee.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Way too much..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • EmerySnickettEmerySnickett Posts: 42 Member
    Building and Making sims is one of my favorite things to do, so I spend A lot of time playing the sims!
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Too bad there isn't a daily option.