Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to open the family tree or relationship of unplayed sims in mccc?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I’m curious. ;) I googled but didn’t find any.

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I would like to know this too..

The only thing I know of is you can see a Sim's kids. Under the Pregnancy module, you can click 'List Children' and it will show a notification of their kids' names. It doesn't list who the other parent is though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am also looking for a way to do this!!
    What also bothers me a bit is when my sim asks an npc if they're single and they're just dating someone (not married), they will just say "Yes, I'm seeing someone". But I wanna know who! :)

But I play generetions only with one family at a time, and I would love to see the family tree of my sim's boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Hopefully someone knows!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2021
    At least the unplayed sims are found in the gallery. Some npcs are member of households, though.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited October 2021
    MCCC doesn't have a way to access family trees, but like @SweetieWright_84 said, you can list children through the pregnancy module. If they're married and have parents, it will list them on the top of their sim menu in MCCC.

The only guaranteed way to see their family tree is by going into their household and going to their simology tab. Unfortunately, that does mean you have to load into their household or move them into your household temporarily to look through it. If they are homeless sims, you can move them into an empty lot, load them up and take a peek, then evict them and move them back to the unplayed households tab.

There are some other ways to find out relationships, but one is a bit more tedious and the other won't always work depending on your own family tree.

You could use MCCC to log their sim relationships. This won't access their family tree BUT it can list all their relationships if you are just curious and looking for something in particular. This is a bit more tedious because you'll need to comb through the text log. To do this you need to click on the sim and MC Command Center > Sim Commands > Logging Commands > Log Sim Details > click on Relationships then Create Detail Log. The text file will be in your MCCC folder (or where you've placed it) in your Mods folder. It'll say something like MCCC_SimDetails_Name of Sim_Date log was created.log

Again, this method doesn't access the family tree like you were looking for but it will list relationships if you need to look for something.

The other method won't always work, but you can click through your own family tree to get to someone else's. For example, my sim has a stepson. If I wanted to see my sim's stepson's maternal family, I could click on his husband, click on his son, click on his mother then it'll list her family tree then I could click on her brother and it'll show his wife and kids. Well, what if his eldest son got married? I could click on him and then his wife and access her family tree too. These households are unplayed but I'm able to see their trees because they were loosely connected through mine.

This probably wasn't very helpful, and I'm sorry. :(

I do wish there was a better way to look through NPC family trees because I love looking at what my townies are getting up to. I make things a bit easier for me because I turned on notifications in MCCC to track who gets married, who gets pregnant and when they give birth, who ages up, and who dies.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I think you should ask this over in the MCCC thread. Not that I'm trying to be rude or anything, just that Bonxie is the one you need to talk to about this. I use this mod, too, but haven't fully explored all it has to offer. I just restarted a game save, fresh, due to some whacked out family trees. While there is a way to restore familial relationships via this mod, it totally broke Erik's tree. His father was his father, but his mother was unknown. I reconnected him to his four siblings, but when I went into the household of his father, mother and youngest brother and reconnected them through cas.fulleditmode, it caused Erik to be his father's step-son. :open_mouth: His youngest brother was his full brother, however. Face/palm. I tried various ways to sort this out. I should have asked over on the MCCC thread or even over at Deaderpool's Discord, but I didn't. Other things were troubling me about this game save, so it was easier for me in the long run to just start anew. The MCCC thread can be found in the Modding heading under Gameplay mods.

Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @NightlyCoffee
    Thanks for very detailed tips. Actually someone in the sims community of my country asked the way of looking through the family tree as she is using MCC. I had no idea as I'm not using this mod. :) I can tell her what you said. I appreciate you.

@GalacticGal
    Sorry but I'm not the member in that website as I'm not using this mod. Someone asked me the way, so I just asked here. If I wrote the inappropriate subject, I apologize everyone here. :)
  • Options
    SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    > @NightlyCoffee said:

> The only guaranteed way to see their family tree is by going into their household and going to their simology tab. Unfortunately, that does mean you have to load into their household or move them into your household temporarily to look through it. If they are homeless sims, you can move them into an empty lot, load them up and take a peek, then evict them and move them back to the unplayed households tab.
    >
    > I do wish there was a better way to look through NPC family trees because I love looking at what my townies are getting up to. I make things a bit easier for me because I turned on notifications in MCCC to track who gets married, who gets pregnant and when they give birth, who ages up, and who dies.

Actually if you don't mind using mods, Titan Nano Control any sim mod will allow you to temporarily add a sim to your household. You can command the sim like your regular sim, and it lets you poke around simiology, family trees, relationships, and etc. I click on the sim I want to control, click on actions, control sim. When you are done, you go through the same steps.

As far as relationships go, you can click on the relationship tab, and see who they are friends with and who they are in love with. Sometimes when clicking on an NPC even though they are working, I see they have nothing. No skills, no work, no relationships, and etc.

I love this mod. I use it alot with the wonderful whims attraction system. My sim will see someone as extremely attractive, and I always wonder what the other sim thinks of my sim. I had a couple break up one time, because the other sim thought my sim was basic looking when I used the control any sim mod.
  • Options
    > @NightlyCoffee said:

> The only guaranteed way to see their family tree is by going into their household and going to their simology tab. Unfortunately, that does mean you have to load into their household or move them into your household temporarily to look through it. If they are homeless sims, you can move them into an empty lot, load them up and take a peek, then evict them and move them back to the unplayed households tab.
    >
    > I do wish there was a better way to look through NPC family trees because I love looking at what my townies are getting up to. I make things a bit easier for me because I turned on notifications in MCCC to track who gets married, who gets pregnant and when they give birth, who ages up, and who dies.

Actually if you don't mind using mods, Titan Nano Control any sim mod will allow you to temporarily add a sim to your household. You can command the sim like your regular sim, and it lets you poke around simiology, family trees, relationships, and etc. I click on the sim I want to control, click on actions, control sim. When you are done, you go through the same steps.

As far as relationships go, you can click on the relationship tab, and see who they are friends with and who they are in love with. Sometimes when clicking on an NPC even though they are working, I see they have nothing. No skills, no work, no relationships, and etc.

I love this mod. I use it alot with the wonderful whims attraction system. My sim will see someone as extremely attractive, and I always wonder what the other sim thinks of my sim. I had a couple break up one time, because the other sim thought my sim was basic looking when I used the control any sim mod.

Thanks. The mod sounds very good. I'd like to install it. :D