Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the option to Paint the Ceilings? Yea or Nay?

Comments

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Mostly to see builders rave about the feature for five hours but I’d honestly like to do it myself.

I hate the popcorn ceiling in my room and if I could fix it in a minute or ten minutes (If I want it to look good) I totally would.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Absolutely NEED this! I hate that we can't change the ceilings! It looks horrible if you're building some rustic wood cabin and then BLAM! White (or hideous grayish/purple) ceiling!

That's just one more little irritating thing that I dispise about TS4! A ceiling is nothing but a floor over head, why they took that ability away I'll never know.

I always play with my walls up, I also use the TS3 camera so I DO see the ceiling, all of the time.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    It’s not a priority, not even a want but a ‚would be nice I guess’. Same with ceiling windows.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Nay.(no)
    Yeah, I'm another TS4 camera user. :)

You can at least make roof windows which is amazing. I've done some in my game after watching this Roof Window Tips & Tricks by Marmelad. No mods or cc required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8nnEwZRFuA
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nay.(no)
    Some who like taking pictures and/or doing machinima videos might also really like the idea of painting and/or adding various ceiling styles.

I'm a builder who happens to be in the bolded category. 😂 Yet, there are those who feel this makes perfect sense for many of the reasons you listed.
    Many of you may not even notice the ceilings -good for you- but I believe there are plenty of builders and storytellers among the sim4 community that agree at some level that the white overhead ‘things’ in their builds do not make sense whatsoever, when using full Camera mode, First Person View, All Walls Up, or whichever way you would like to look at it. The ceiling that is.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yea.(yes)
    I don't remember what i answered a long time ago but yeah i want to paint ceilings. I always have to avoid certain angles in screenshots because of how the ceilings are rn...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Here’s the entrance of the Haunted Mansion I just built. Wouldn’t it look nicer with a decorated ceiling ?

zaS48Ub.png

Personally I play on TS4 camera mode, so I never see the ceilings unless I take pictures in tab mode camera. And sometimes I wish we could have a few ceiling paints or wood ceilings.

Or they could also add a few things to the ceiling decorations category : Moldings, beams, cracks, humidity stains (for creepy builds)…..
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I always loved the beautiful ceiling decors from Sims 3. It's too bad it's not back in Sims 4. Oh well :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Here’s the entrance of the Haunted Mansion I just built. Wouldn’t it look nicer with a decorated ceiling ?
    zaS48Ub.png

Personally I play on TS4 camera mode, so I never see the ceilings unless I take pictures in tab mode camera. And sometimes I wish we could have a few ceiling paints or wood ceilings.

Or they could also add a few things to the ceiling decorations category : Moldings, beams, cracks, humidity stains (for creepy builds)…..

@Dianesims your haunted mansion looks great! I’m a sucker for all things haunted. It’s haunting me. 👻

But look at those poor ceilings indeed. They deserve so much better. The mansion deserves better. We deserve better.
    For a game that wants to be so aesthetically pleasing all the time I’m extremely confused about the fact that the ceilings still behave like something that should be locked up in a bunker deep, deep, deep, oh so deep underground. 😭
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yea.(yes)
    Dianesims wrote: »

zaS48Ub.png
    yes it would and man I use the vampires wallpapers and floors so much that for a second I thought I was looking at my own game :lol:
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I always loved the beautiful ceiling decors from Sims 3. It's too bad it's not back in Sims 4. Oh well :'(

never understood how to use them in ts3 though :sweat_smile: so hopefully its easier if they add for ts4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Simmingal wrote: »
    never understood how to use them in ts3 though :sweat_smile: so hopefully its easier if they add for ts4

In 3 it's just like the floor. It's actually the floor patterns, only we have to select the ceiling instead.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I don't notice it often because I usually play with walls down but I'd like it anyway for the people who play with the camera differently than I do.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Would definitely like the option, with a wide variety. Pretty much essential if one is doing builds that are either high-class or earlier than 1950 or so..
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    One of my favorite ceiling styles are trayed ones. Slanted ceilings also make for some great designs especially if they are coupled with decorative beams.

The trayed ceiling and Slanted Ceilings.
    Trayed-Ceiling.jpg

Slanted.jpg
    I LOVE fancy ceilings like this and I’d be into that. But wouldn’t it look weird if a tray ceiling didn’t have 3D texture? Maybe it could be applied like the exterior trims. The beams can be faked now using spandrels, as far as I know.

I wouldn’t be painting the ceiling the same color as the walls because that makes rooms feel darker and smaller IRL so it’s not something I’d naturally gravitate towards. But if they did add a way to paint them, I’d use blue under porch roofs like my grandma had, and might like a blue sky with clouds for a kid’s room.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I would love to bring back the option to paint the ceilings. I would love if maybe added in new features using an paint tools to use spray tool, brush tool, stamp tool, adding layers of patterns on the ceilings like we had tools in “cats & dogs” cas for pets, & to have an option to decorating your the ceiling.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    White ceilings are easy to ignore most of the time but sometimes they're jarring. They don't always fit the style or the type of build. For example, the island style house I'm building now would look so much better with wooden beams than it does with a plaster ceiling.
    image.png
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yesssss, please let us paint those horrid blank ceilings!
  • EnnamoraEnnamora Posts: 3 New Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yes. Especially in certain builds it would come in handy that we could paint our ceilings. I don't mind the white ceilings in some builds, but with certain type of builds, white ceilings just look ugly.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Those white ceil when you build dark wood cottage is ruined mood so yes!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I don't really care either way. I'm not much of a builder. However, I do take notice of a house's decor, so yeah, why not? It's funny you should mention this. Last night I was playing and I noticed that my toddler's room had all pink walls and a white ceiling, and I started wondering if it was possible to paint ceilings but I guess not.
  • berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    Yea.(yes)
    YES this is needed... some say nay I assume because they usually don't see it in screenshots. Well there is a reason why simmers don't see the ceiling in the final shots, because the white one we have is plain and blunt. In most cases it doesn't fit the style you design so you cut out the ceiling or try to find angels where you don't see the ugly ceiling when you build houses.

Builders are aware that it doesn't look good in most cases especially if you look for the style they aim. But if we would have a selection of ceilings that would fit the different styles? I'm quite sure we would see much more nice pics with amazing ceilings. After all they are a part of the interior design.
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yes! It's so strange to have a thatched roof cottage or a log cabin or a stone structure, only to look up and the roof is plaster. Even if there are only a tiny handful of options, like one wood, one thatch, one stone, etc. it would be a huge improvement.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    100% yes. I love taking screenshots and often a lower angle is better for certain poses. I’ll do these really nice scenes in houses/community lots, but then the pictures get ruined by the white ceilings. :(