Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bands Game Pack is coming?

13...Next

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I hope so.
    I have some custom supernaturals in my game that are so weird that they are in hiding from normal sims.
    They have been in my game since being toddlers and are now young adults.

Leaping into the spotlight as entertainers performing live would be a perfect story option for me.
    Catgirl band, basically, making use of their strangeness as a career and being accepted by human society. :D
    02-03-16_1-34-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I too have weird alien sims that would make a perfect band. I hope a band pack comes soon. I've been waiting forever.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    . I hope a band pack comes soon. I've been waiting forever me to i have so many Ida's for band's I want to make
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I loved the way they did bands back in Sims 3. It'd be great to be able to do that again.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Bands and new instruments. Busking is all very well, but I wanna play at CONCERTS.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2021
    I loved the bands in Sims 3. I have a 5 person rock band for my supernatural save called Guitar Noir. I would love for them to actually perform concerts in Mooncrest, um…Newcrest
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    I would absolutely love a pack like this. Providing the Reggae radio station makes a long-awaited return, I would purchase it straight away.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't know about bands but I did enjoy the classical music that came with learning the piano in the early games. Beethoven even! Is it still there? I've never tried getting to the top with that.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I would be SO up for a bands pack! I definitley feel like it should have been a thing in Get Famous.
  • Silence_Silence_ Posts: 3 New Member
    It's been 7 YEARS and we still haven't seen an actual functioning electric guitar in the vanilla game! I was hoping with city living we'd get bands reintroduced into the game. Can we just get an expansion pack surrounding music, performing and more instruments? Maybe an actual Bass guitar as opposed to just a standup bass? (I'm a bass player myself so not seeing that in any of the games has been devastating).
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I would be SO up for a bands pack! I definitley feel like it should have been a thing in Get Famous.

Should have also had a ukulele in Island Living.

• KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

Should have also had a ukulele in Island Living.

Ooh! Can we imagine "what if" they had added a new instrument for each EP?

Get to Work: Bass
    Get Together: Drums 🥁
    City Living: Saxophone 🎷
    Cats & Dogs: Accordion
    Seasons: Trumpet
    Get Famous: Harp
    Island Living: Ukulele
    Discover University: Clarinet
    Eco Lifestyle: Marimba made from recycling
    Snowy Escape: Hotchiko (bamboo flute)
    Cottage Living: Bagpipes

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    If there's not a woodwind and/or brass instrument I would be soooo mad. As I already am at EA for NEVER giving us one. The leaked promo images for The Sims 4 even showed a Jazzy ensemble with a trumpet, trombone and saxophone but it never became a reality, because of course it didn't. :'( We just got the violin again. *yawn*
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    If there's not a woodwind and/or brass instrument I would be soooo mad. As I already am at EA for NEVER giving us one. The leaked promo images for The Sims 4 even showed a Jazzy ensemble with a trumpet, trombone and saxophone but it never became a reality, because of course it didn't. :'( We just got the violin again. *yawn*

I would kill for a jazz ensemble in my game!!!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    It all makes sense :)

I foresee a battle coming up between band enthusiasts and hotel enthusiasts... :)

You're probably right, but I hope not, both features would be really great additions to the game, and hopefully it won't take forever to get both.

I mean, in theory we could even get both in one pack. Just imagine, your band based in DSV books a tour in another world and you have the option to check into a hotel before the gig... which could be a fancy hotel, or a lot that looks like a big Airstream trailer. You could even have a new mischief interaction for "trash the hotel room."

Also, I'm going to really lose my head here and suggest that Bands + Hotels+ Romance could totally be an EP.

No, no, wait, hear me out: what do most people hire for their wedding? A band.

And where do most people stay for their honeymoons? A hotel.

Also, as in my previous post, bands tend to stay in hotels while on tour.

Now tell me this doesn't all tie together neatly? And it would have the additional virtue of both containing old fan-favorite features that people have been begging for, but at the same time being a new, unique reformulation that might keep our friendly local devs from being bored with old content.

Maxis, I am available if you would like to make me an offer. (Actually, I'm not, but we could talk.)
    Maybe I am being unduly pessimistic but I don't think they would ever put bands, romance and hotels all in one pack when they could put them in 3 separate packs and generate more revenue.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I don't think they would put all of those things in one pack. I just think they should, because it would be a cohesive and compelling theme.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    It all makes sense :)

I foresee a battle coming up between band enthusiasts and hotel enthusiasts... :)

You're probably right, but I hope not, both features would be really great additions to the game, and hopefully it won't take forever to get both.

I mean, in theory we could even get both in one pack. Just imagine, your band based in DSV books a tour in another world and you have the option to check into a hotel before the gig... which could be a fancy hotel, or a lot that looks like a big Airstream trailer. You could even have a new mischief interaction for "trash the hotel room."

Also, I'm going to really lose my head here and suggest that Bands + Hotels+ Romance could totally be an EP.

No, no, wait, hear me out: what do most people hire for their wedding? A band.

And where do most people stay for their honeymoons? A hotel.

Also, as in my previous post, bands tend to stay in hotels while on tour.

Now tell me this doesn't all tie together neatly? And it would have the additional virtue of both containing old fan-favorite features that people have been begging for, but at the same time being a new, unique reformulation that might keep our friendly local devs from being bored with old content.

Maxis, I am available if you would like to make me an offer. (Actually, I'm not, but we could talk.)

How about adding Zombies to that mix? Touring with a Zombie band playing up to romantic slow dance at hotels. Hotels could arrange Zombie nights with a focus on romancing, Award to best slow dancing human+zombie couple of the night? Sounds like an interesting twist to me ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I wonder if hotels will be the new patch?