Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    Oh um... nothing going on here I suppose. ;)

Kj8UA8j.png

For some reason all I can hear is Jimmy Hendrix singing 'Foxy Lady' right now...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Oh um... nothing going on here I suppose. ;)

Kj8UA8j.png

Okay, that's bloody creepy...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    All refrigerators share an inventory, so if I want to save some oversized crops in there, there’s a risk they will be used in recipes.

All chests share an inventory (except for new chests sold in expansions - but the Discover University one is twice as big. And it’s bugged out on me before where I couldn’t take items out and ruined my family photos, so I don’t trust it.)

@babajayne: With my coolerstorefishandfood mod, you can store giant crops as well as other harvestables separately.
    @83bienchen That sounds awesome. Thanks! I will check it out. 😄
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    > @FanPhoria said:
    > Sims getting whims to or autonomously flirting with their in-laws so often.
    >
    > Like, okay, it's fine as a rare occurrence, I get the appeal of the drama, but because there's no real specific designation for that relationship the game just treat them like any other "friend", so almost inevitably a sim with any kind of good relationship with each other can get the idea to flirt with each other, and that should just be way more rare when that sim is your daughter in law.

Hello,

Does this happen when you are in a group conversation with the relative (in this case in-laws)? Have you observed this behaviour with other relatives as well or it's just happening with in-laws?

Thanks!

@SimGuruRitzy:

If you do not mind me giving some insight on this, I'll take over for @FanPhoria here.

It's just happening with in-laws. It's caused by the whimset_Friendship tuning, more precisely the whims
    32343<!--Whim_Friendship_FlirtWith-->
    and
    32344<!--Whim_Friendship_FlirtWith_Teen-->

Relatives are correctly tuned to be not available for these whims, but as in-laws do not have their own relationship set, they are not.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Standing to watch tv.
    No way to ask an NPC where their home lot is so I have to search through maps trying to figure it out.
    There's others but it was these two things today.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    That the Seasons pack gives the townies more opportunities to show off their horrendous fashions.
    The cake is a lie
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    > @FanPhoria said:
    > Sims getting whims to or autonomously flirting with their in-laws so often.
    >
    > Like, okay, it's fine as a rare occurrence, I get the appeal of the drama, but because there's no real specific designation for that relationship the game just treat them like any other "friend", so almost inevitably a sim with any kind of good relationship with each other can get the idea to flirt with each other, and that should just be way more rare when that sim is your daughter in law.

Hello,

Does this happen when you are in a group conversation with the relative (in this case in-laws)? Have you observed this behaviour with other relatives as well or it's just happening with in-laws?

Thanks!

Hi! It never happens with relatives that are designated as family members (parents, children, siblings, first cousins, grandparents, first degree aunts & uncles, ect). However, in case where there's NOT specific designation, it can happen, which basically means any connection by marriage. So, for commonly, that's the parents of the sim a sim is married to, but it could also be their grandparents or siblings, or also when they are an aunt of uncle by marriage (so, Sim 1 has an uncle, the uncle gets married, there's no real "family connection" between Sim 1 and their uncle's spouse, so romantic inclinations can arise) I've also seen it very commonly happen with "step" siblings, (2 sims that get married already each had their own children, then when those children age they become interested in each other romantically) and can happen if, say, a married couple have both been impregnated by an alien abduction (2 children that are a result of abductions have no relation to each other, if the abducted parent is different, even if those 2 parents are married and raised the 2 children together), tho that maybe bothers me less since, idk, it's aliens I guess? lol.

Tbh, I haven't noticed any specifics in terms of group conversations or who their talking to or what have you. It's just something that can come up if they have a friendly relationship (if the whim to flirt comes up it usually has the "from being near a friendly relationship" tag attached to it). And since I tend to play a lot of families to who tend ot be pretty tight-nit and spend a lot of time together, often containing large households with multiple generations living together, having friendly relations with one's in-laws is pretty common.

Another thing kinda related to this that I didn't mention in the original post is how this affect sim's with the Jealous trait in what is, in my opinion, a pretty annoying way. Like, I get that jealous sims are supposed to be, well, jealous, but do they really need to fly into a fit every Harvestfest whenever their own mother talks to their spouse over the dinner table? It just seems a bit much lol. I feel like jealousy really shouldn't come in with the jealous sim's own family members unless they see something actually romantic going on, at which point they could have an even more exaggerated response to it, or something like that. But, I feel like even the most suspicious wouldn't automatically assume the worst when their wife asks one of their family members (the jealous sim's family members that is), like their grandmother or uncle or younger sister, how their day is.
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    Told my Sim about five times to fix the toilet. No he'd rather go and stare at the spice box for hours. And both his wife and son have their bladders in the red! I ended up almost yelling at him, "FIX THE TOILET ALREADY!" as if he'd actually hear me!
  • Hiroko_samaHiroko_sama Posts: 15 Member
    ~ My Loner Sim struggling to keep the social need up. It's usually in the yellow and talking on a pc or phone takes all day just to get it in green. She's a loner, she doesn't want friends. Thanking the GrubHub guy is enough socializing for. That's the point of being a loner. I shouldn't need a trait to fix this.

~ Her dislike in Mischief and yet she autonomously chooses "Troll the Forums".

~ The standard complaints since the game's inception: musical chairs, fangirl/boying over a celeb in the middle of a date, celebs stalking other worlds/places (Judith Ward)…etc. I actually uninstalled some packs for that reason. I shouldn't see L Faba and Judith Ward in the library in Willow Creek.

~ The whole idea of requiring Modders just to make the game worth the $1000 you put in it (if you buy everything full price, it's almost if not $1000). Especially considering this is a massive company and one of the front runners in PC gaming in general. You want people to keep buying your stuff? Give them an incentive. (I love our Modders, don't get me wrong. But they shouldn't have to feel the need to fix these things).

~ Homeless Sims winning the lottery. I never win because of them. And the game generates massive amounts of homeless Sims as the save goes on.

~ The entire whim system.

~ The entire emotions system.

~ Sims getting hung up in tasks all because of some unknown stranger wanting to talk to my Sim on the far side of the map which eventually cancels out anyway.

~ Kids wanting to talk to random adults. E.g. My loner Sim was playing the chess in the library and a random kid just struck up a conversation out of nowhere. He was the only kid there too. As a kid, I wasn't really shy. But I did feel uncomfortable when an adult randomly started talking to me out of nowhere.

I can continue but I won't. You'll be here all day reading these. I don't hate the game. Just that this is a wax orange when I want a real one.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    I had to use the search function to be able to find this thread again. So lately in this one save sims have been coming into my house and brewing herbal remedies, it annoys the cea p out of me. I never had thos in any other save file ot's so strange. It seems tp happen when I play my own family who lives in Sulanin Right now a sim invited herself in and there are two pots brewing now for herbal remedies. Enough already! I get a pile putsode the grill too I have to have my sims pick them up and they put them in the fridge.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Random cars driving by all the time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Having did something that I wasn't supposed to, after finishing up the Batuu storyline (I've had Batuu for ages, but typically avoided it due to rumors that "it would unleash weird alien Sims into your worlds" which didn't happen); I moved the main NPCs into households in the regular worlds using MCCC.

I don't know if this counts as "trivial" but it bugs me when my Sim is talking to Rey, that she is mostly mute when it comes to regular dialogue; as when they recorded her British dialect; they only recorded phrases relating to the missions in Similsh; as opposed to the full Sim dialogue.

I wish these characters had been coded so their more unique features could carry over regardless of what one did with them; while they were still capable of standard Sim stuff. It's annoying that if you don't remove the hidden traits relating to their NPC status, certain normal interactions can't be done. But if you do, the unique features, like Rey and her lightsaber, are no longer done.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh god, that would be a 50 point list...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sims dropping their school and university homework all over the house. These things cost money and I would rather not buy a new one every single day just because someone lacks brain capability to put things back to where they came from.
  • SimGuruRitzySimGuruRitzy Posts: 4 SimGuru (retired)
    > @83bienchen said:
    > @SimGuruRitzy:
    >
    > If you do not mind me giving some insight on this, I'll take over for @FanPhoria here.
    >
    > It's just happening with in-laws. It's caused by the whimset_Friendship tuning, more precisely the whims
    > 32343<!--Whim_Friendship_FlirtWith-->
    > and
    > 32344<!--Whim_Friendship_FlirtWith_Teen-->
    >
    > Relatives are correctly tuned to be not available for these whims, but as in-laws do not have their own relationship set, they are not.

Thanks for the detailed information, will pass this on to the team.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Father Winter coming into my house and making white cakes during Winterfest-this never used to happen but has suddenly started to recently.
    Sims that my Sims don't even know coming into my house and making themselves at home and then not leaving despite being asked to.
    The riding bikes indoors that someone else has already mentioned.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Something that annoys me with Strangerville, is that they can put a bugg on other Sims, listen in on them and then blackmail them. But if I do that to one of my own Sims they will always go around with that blinking effect on their back since as far as I know you can't get rid of the thing.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Game generating Townies.

I have created 150 Sims in one of my saves I don’t need more Sims generating.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    When you click "plan wedding" it plans it for right then and there. I forgot the planning process does not include picking the time.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Something that annoys me with Strangerville, is that they can put a bugg on other Sims, listen in on them and then blackmail them. But if I do that to one of my own Sims they will always go around with that blinking effect on their back since as far as I know you can't get rid of the thing.

@Peral: There's a social interaction to remove the bugg, but it can only be done by the Sim that initially added it.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims getting the closer from happy memories sentiment when they have just met for the first time.
  • xkxCROWxkxxkxCROWxkx Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims randomly cooking when there’s already food on the counter or leaving meal preparation random places. Even when I hire a caterer that cooks a lot of food. One of my sims will randomly walk in and try cooking food 🤦‍♂️.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    After upgrading both coffee/tea brewing machine, the quality of coffee/tea still "Normal" quality, no improvement whatsoever. Since the upgrade the brewing pots has no effect on the quality, then what's point for upgrading option?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    When you click "plan wedding" it plans it for right then and there. I forgot the planning process does not include picking the time.

Oh - that got me the first time! Because to plan an event, to me, suggests making arrangements for it to occur at some determined time in the future. When it occurred immediately, I had to scramble. I was at the big park in Oasis Springs. I dropped into Build/Buy, placed a counter, a stove, a fridge and maybe a sink, and had my Culinary sim - one of my grooms - whip up a wedding cake on the fly.

That was such a stress-bomb that with a single exception (1st gen heir) I have never done a scored Wedding Event since - it's all been Elope, or have a few friends around when they click on the wedding arch.

But I am unlikely ever to forget that, "plan" notwithstanding, it will start right away.