Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have to choose ONE occult for 2022, which and why?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2021
    Zombies
    It's just one of those MUST HAVES in my gameplay. I just built the coolest underground ice cave in mt komorebi. Finally finished it. Only thing missing is zombies 🥲🥲 it would be the perfect survivors hideout!! Then imagine if sims had to be back inside and barricade doors and windows before nightfall and the rise of the zombies 😁😁😁
    Gives me tingles and jingles to think about it😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I chose werewolves because I have gameplay in mind with werewolves, witches and vampires. But I really want them all!
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Better aliens
    As much as I want to say fairies, I think aliens need some love.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Better aliens
    Upgraded aliens with psi powers, please! The powers could be available for everyone who puts effort into unlocking them, but aliens would have an easier time learning them and also have access to several exclusive ones plus crystal-based technology.

I'd also welcome werewolves, fairies, superheroes/-villains and Bigfoot. Just not zombies (except if they gave us Voodoo zombies instead of the infected/brain eating variant).
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited October 2021
    Fairies
    Wow. Looks like I hit a nerve. Seriously folks. I assure you that I don’t associate vampires and werewolves with Twilight. I personally found that series to be pretty dull and vapid and the supernatural aspect was just a vehicle for teen angst. YMMV. And, I am very familiar with older movie and fiction crossovers. But I also don’t associate vampires and werewolves with each other. Both of these legends can stand alone. They have their own histories in folklore that are unrelated to each other outside of pop culture. But I have seen some people on the forum express disappointment because these two supernaturals NEED each other, making the Vampire pack incomplete because they are rivals, which to me is the Twilight influence. I don’t think they need each other, but if you need them both in your game, that’s perfectly fine.

I want elves and fairies. That’s fine, too.
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves first, because I'm so tired of my fake "Werewolves" being Vampires & drinking plasma. I want Werewolves to hunt the rabbits & foxes for food. I want them to be different types of Werewolves & to howl at the moon & have lunar cycles. Also, I so want Moonlight Falls to be in Sims 4.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Werewolves
    Oh boy, this is a hard question. Especially between fairies and werewolves. I chose werewolves since they're the last of the "big three" (alongside vampires and witches/spellcasters) and I feel they're more likely to get made first. But honestly, I'd be excited about any occult at this point. I'm so starved for occults, literally any kind would be welcome at this point.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Werewolves
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Werewolves first, because I'm so tired of my fake "Werewolves" being Vampires & drinking plasma. I want Werewolves to hunt the rabbits & foxes for food.
    They don't even need to hunt, just eating raw steak, and raw fish would be ok.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Better aliens
    I’d love werewolves and fairies but I went with improved aliens (and mermaids) because I want these occults fixed first before we get any new ones. Aliens mean so much to the franchise in general and they have a long history and I believe they deserve better.

I genuinely think we’re going to get werewolves &/or fairies sometime next year though or maybe in the last quarter of this year.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    Another
    I want a new type of occult. A medusa! Or the big foot from Sims 2. Or a yeti. A minotaur, or centaurs, or fauns. Something that is creative and novel for the game. Lizard people! A cupid. An imp. A goblin. An elf. Black panther the marvel hero. A were-kangaroo.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Werewolves
    I would very much like werewolves to work with two transformations like vampires. A humanoid form and a wolf form. An update with a wide variety of body hair would also be very welcome.
    But I think more important than appearance would be gameplay. I really wanted werewolves to be introduced in a creative and really scary way. Imagine being a farmer and having to worry about "something else" besides foxes on your farm.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves.

One, I think it will be a great excuse to bring body hair to base-game in the pre-patch.

But two, I can re-introduce my favorite Witch / Werewolf couple from TS3.

AkkWL4L.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Another
    I'd like to start by saying I want improved Occults states from consequences for Spellcasters using majik to improved aliens with a spaceship, buildable alien world, more CAS items for aliens build/buy alien items, alien foods etc and improved mermaids with different songs affecting and controlling other non-mermaid sims and better vampires.

I would also like Mummies, Jin, Zombies (not Hollywood and TV show Zombies but Zombies as a form of punishment in some sects of Voudou), Faeries, Trolls, The Fair Folk both Seelie and Unseelie Courts, Werewolves both cursed and not cursed things like eating meat and woohoo would help with the negative side effects for being a werewolf, Yokai, Red Caps, Otherkin, Shadowkin (as a part of Otherkin), Voidwalker (as a part of Otherkin), "angels" and "demons", gargoyles, Minotaur, Centaurs, Dragonkin including Dragon King, my list goes on.

Whatever they choose to do the devs should binge-watch Supernatural and ask for Enchantments in NYC and Pan's Apothecary formally known as Panpipes Magickal Marketplace as consultants.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2021
    Fairies
    I chose fairies but it's a tie between fairies and werewolves. I'd really like all the classics to be added before new occults. (That being said I'm really not all that picky, so long as we get occults, lol).
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Werewolves
    cyncie wrote: »
    Wow. Looks like I hit a nerve. Seriously folks. I assure you that I don’t associate vampires and werewolves with Twilight. I personally found that series to be pretty dull and vapid and the supernatural aspect was just a vehicle for teen angst. YMMV. And, I am very familiar with older movie and fiction crossovers. But I also don’t associate vampires and werewolves with each other. Both of these legends can stand alone. They have their own histories in folklore that are unrelated to each other outside of pop culture. But I have seen some people on the forum express disappointment because these two supernaturals NEED each other, making the Vampire pack incomplete because they are rivals, which to me is the Twilight influence. I don’t think they need each other, but if you need them both in your game, that’s perfectly fine.

I want elves and fairies. That’s fine, too.

While the rivalry is an influence from Pop Culture just like the Vampire's sunlight weakness, Werewolves and Vampires are still connected in Folklore, in some Romanian folklore when a werewolf dies they return as a vampire and vice versa.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No occult for 2022
    None. I'd suffer through werewolves for them to finally add body hair though I'd prefer that be added in Generations.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Better mermaids
    Oh wow, I'm the only one who's voted better mermaids. Embarrassing. :D I would love a whole underwater world, more powers, more things to explore, and a better animation for their transformation. It's such a shame that they became a bit of a sideline thing. Changing the weather is a pretty cool power though.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Fairies
    I enjoyed fairies in Sims 3 so I'd love to see them given the same treatment as vampires and spellcasters. Improved mermaids would be my 2nd choice.

I go back and forth on werewolves, despise zombies and can't see myself using mummies.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2021
    Werewolves

We should have both! Werewolves AND fairies. They are both very fun occults that would change up gameplay.
    I would love an Expansion pack like Sims 3 Supernatural, but focused on Fairies & Werewolves. There could be so much new stuff and those occults could be the best yet.
    We really need a bigger magical world for all occults. Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow aren‘t enough.
    How about a swamp themed world?
    a256aFi.gif
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member

Whoa, how do werewolves rank behind fairies? this is shady sorry, but werewolves are way more interesting, & have a lot more to work with, right up there with vampires. Unless you make fairies more than just these pretty fluttery little human butterflies, maybe a dullahan or better yet.. a selection of these https://listverse.com/2013/12/06/10-frightening-fairies-you-dont-want-to-mess-with/
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Werewolves

Whoa, how do werewolves rank behind fairies? this is shady sorry, but werewolves are way more interesting, & have a lot more to work with, right up there with vampires. Unless you make fairies more than just these pretty fluttery little human butterflies, maybe a dullahan or better yet.. a selection of these https://listverse.com/2013/12/06/10-frightening-fairies-you-dont-want-to-mess-with/

Oh, believe me, if Faeries were coming based on real fae - or even the Fae in movies like Maleficent or Labyrinth - I'd change my preference in a heartbeat. The post Victorian Tinkerbelle/Thumbelina model is cute and pretty, but I like Fae with teeth (in the case of Redcaps, literally.)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Werewolves

Whoa, how do werewolves rank behind fairies?
    It says a lot a bout twitter users.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Werewolves

I have a theory that occult haters would choose fairies because, 'pretty' and more easily hidden. There is no none option.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves get my vote right off the bat, though if fairies came first that wont be a deal breaker. I just need a new occult. When is that happening???
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Werewolves
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Oh, believe me, if Faeries were coming based on real fae - or even the Fae in movies like Maleficent or Labyrinth - I'd change my preference in a heartbeat. The post Victorian Tinkerbelle/Thumbelina model is cute and pretty, but I like Fae with teeth (in the case of Redcaps, literally.)
    This is what the deciding factor for werewolves vs fae was for me too, really. Real fae vs Tinkerbell basically.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'd give us in depth powers to represent all of the different types of fae, but I would hope they at least give us a good selection of "parts" that we can pick and choose to create an array of real fae to some degree. And some darkly-inclined powers too, though they'd probably have to be toned down to keep the rating of Sims. Still, I'd at least like to have something like curses that are unique to fae. (to separate them from spellcasters) and powers that give them some control over regular Sims. Both mischievous in nature (ie send them in a cleaning frenzy regardless if they have the neat trait) that lasts a long while, and some more malevolent things that may lead to a Sim's death. Vamps can already drain life spirit, so making fae able to kill Sims in some way shouldn't be too "out there." Basically, I would want some form of or reference to classification (especially Seelie and Unseelie) even if we don't get a full blown court system. For me at least, some darker powers, curses, and/or ways for fae to both torment and help Sims would be "close enough" for me since I can use my imagination for the rest.