Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new uniforms are horrible?

The "Spiced up uniforms" seems to be just the same horrible mess as the "festival outfits"? Just random horribleness?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    What are the spiced up uniforms? 🤔
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2021
    Do you mean the career outfits they fixed in the last patch?

"Bug Fixes

The Sims 4
    Sims living that career lifestyle but their outfits were… not up to par? Were your Sims’ career wardrobe a bit stale as you moved up that career ladder? Not exactly dressing for success, right? No worries, we have fixed that issue and now all career levels should have appropriate outfits. Go you, good luck!"

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994039/update-9-21-2021-pumpkin-spice-and-everything-nice
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yeah, I'm not sure what you are talking about other than that bug fix.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Apparently specific careers, who didn't have set uniforms (like fashion designer) that used to just go to work in their everyday clothes now get a randomized wardrobe.
    Apparently specific careers, who didn't have set uniforms (like fashion designer) that used to just go to work in their everyday clothes now get a randomized wardrobe.

I know some of the career outfits were buggy (my writer used to go to work with an astronaut helmet on!) but I didn't realise that they added career outfits to careers that didn't have one previously.

Fashion Designer/Stylists shouldn't have one in my opinion, it would make more sense that they wear their own clothes.

I'm not playing any if these careers right now, I don't suppose you'd be able to post a picture so I can see what you mean please?
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

Ah...is that why my Entertainer sim at the top of the Comedian branch now goes to work wearing what looks like a baker's apron everyday? :D
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I’ve only really noticed it with some Actor Sims so far. They go off to work in these weird futuristic outfits, even if it’s nothing to do with the gigs they’re doing. They’re still quite low in the career so they’re mostly doing the commercials still. One time, the woman went to work in the costume for the Captain Sigma: Olympus Landing gig, which I recognised because I’ve played with the acting career in another save.
    I remember that my female Sims in the entertainment career used to go to work wearing a smart blazer, trousers and shirt… except the shirt was a little too short and showed a bit of their stomach, which kind of ruined the “smart outfit” vibe. I used a cheat to edit the career outfit.
    Most of my Sims are in careers where they already had uniforms, though (eg chefs, a judge, etc). I know you can apparently edit the career outfit with MCCC (don’t remember how right now).
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I know you can apparently edit the career outfit with MCCC (don’t remember how right now).

Click on the Sim -> MC Command Center -> Sim Commands -> Modify Career Outfit
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »

Ah...is that why my Entertainer sim at the top of the Comedian branch now goes to work wearing what looks like a baker's apron everyday? :D

I had a sim who wore the Strangerville Hazmat suit for that one way before the patch, so who knows.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Summer Holiday is a dishwasher and she just walked out the house to her job wearing a space helmet and fancy dress ballroom gloves.
    10-09-21_5-36-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    @CK213 , not sure should I laugh or cry :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2021
    CK213 wrote: »
    Summer Holiday is a dishwasher and she just walked out the house to her job wearing a space helmet and fancy dress ballroom gloves.

I thought this was exactly the thing they fixed?
    logion wrote: »

I thought this was exactly the thing they fixed?

Nope.
    Btw I also have one non-played Sim stuck in Festival Outfit again. Haven't had that in a year, but always nice when EA forget to not put old bugs back...

"Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

It is annoying that they claim to have fixed this issue...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Let's all be thankful our cars aren't made by EA!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2021
    Let's all be thankful our cars aren't made by EA!

Yeah, it sure would not be fun to hand in the car to the mechanic and end up with another error when you get your car back.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited October 2021
    I noticed this, too. Summer is wearing the exact same work outfit in my save. Also, the shoe choice for the politician career is more than questionable.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought I was reading a thread from years ago, because I remember these type complaints from years ago. Sigh.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    This is my Sim heading off to her job as a Gardener...

hNMfNDL.jpg

Not only did they not fix this issue, but they somehow seem to have made it worse? :lol:

It's funny, but also frustrating!
    Whatshername, the cover "girl" for Cottage Living in the jeans skirt and yellow blouse, the Indian or Pakistani woman? I love her, but she kept showing up in the pub with her work outfit that looked absolutely horrible. purple thights, turban, sun glasses, the eye ball ring (of course), the vampire leather top...

Thank god I know how to fix it in MCCC.
    Does anyone know if this has been reported (since the patch) on the Answers HQ forum? I can't find a recent one.
    I thought so but maybe not?
    Today my Sim was dressed correctly for work. Perhaps it is just an issue with certain career levels. It's unpredictable though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited October 2021
    style influencer one is horror
    I don't know of rest because I've been only playing Watsons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    style influencer one is horror
    I don't know of rest because I've been only playing Watsons

Watson. Yeah, that's the one woman I was talking about. I don't even play her, I just have her as a friend, but every time i invite her over she looks like someone was trying to make a parody of a random townie.