Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game has the best soundtrack?

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Which game has the best soundtrack? 154 votes

The Sims 1
26%
ehaught58canitbemandanacnbrettSimsILikeSimsIsb917stismheadFlashMarkerCinebaralanmichael1DarkLady2788BariSaxyTorieGalvis13Princess076duhboy2u2bixtersjazzunicornsSorak4LatinaBunnyEnkiSchmidt 41 votes
The Sims 2
43%
Mistletoe143LeGardePourpreGalacticGallisamwittLynarielaKelleygirlSimburiankeekee53DijktafonencisGibbs02CynnaAnmirlakerryemmiebethsimgirl1010ParylizzielilyySeera1024Archivistdominimpbarracuda1574 67 votes
The Sims 3
13%
mrsr99tsorudolphaMagdaleenaFroilTeeSeamariajane216ChuChuExpressLenny_Oggjames64468RedShoe7comicsforlifeTeslachick2EA_MariValeahBrandontaylorizecsonPotsaebluedanubeGamer_34567544movefan89 21 votes
The Sims 4
14%
Boondoggle1960Lesejbfriendlysimmersluthienrisinggoodcakebaker62bluelightingsimsinmysleeppammiechickcyncienanashi-simsBlueOvaleEgonVMthesimmer14MelanieScribblesGooseyVeeDubjpsulsuldagdagLiebeslottchenignominiusrexAdamBurtSims 22 votes
A Sims Spin off or console/mobile (Freeplay, My Sims, Medieval, Urbz etc)
1%
filipomelSeashoreLiviaSimmingal 3 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The Sims 4
    I didn't play the first two and only a little of the third. I don't love all the music in 4, and I actively dislike some of it, but most of it doesn't set my teeth on edge, unlike almost every sample I've ever heard from any of the older games. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    The Sims 4
    Good question...

I have played The Sims games for so long that when you play a build/buy mode, CAS, or neighborhood music, I can tell which game it's from (well, unless it's MySims or Urbz...). There is always something common in each music track in each game.

I'll try to explain it as best as I could. As I don't have musical knowledge, I can't describe it professionally. Thus here's how I would explain it.

The Sims 1 uses more of usual instruments like piano. We have an upbeat buy mode that makes me want to buy, somber build mode that makes me want to scream out crying and makes me feel guilty remodelling my sims' house, The main neighborhood theme has a jazzy thing going... Well, the interesting thing about the neighborhood screen is that the music that plays depends on the region. So you have The Sims main theme playing in US versions and jazzy themes going on in other versions.

Fun fact: Some The Sims 1 music has been remixed in The Sims Bustin' Out for GBA.

The Sims 2 uses more of electronic editing, especially those themes in NightLife expansion packs. Gives me a lot of retro vibes... Though I prefer the music from other games over this as when I build, I can get something normal, or something really booming, perhaps too much, or something really boring, I'm looking at you, "Makeover" from NightLife.

The Sims 3 music gives me cartoony vibes. As I use a lot of Create a World, I haven't heard these a lot. But still, these are still the most iconic for me, mostly because when I hear a music from The Sims in ads or TV, it's usually from The Sims 3. Some videos even get copyright claims due to them using a music from The Sims 3.

Ok, I briefly mention The Sims Medieval with its medieval music. It's a nice change...

The Sims 4 music... I like that it changes depending on what you're doing. Additionally, The Sims 4 build mode, CAS, and world map music that comes from add-ons are different. Compare base game build mode music and Vampires build mode music and they are so different. Though lately, especially in Cottage Living, I've begun seeing lack of... originality.
    But still, I like The Sims 4 music the most due to it being pleasant and it does not cause your videos to get a copyright claim (I hope at least).

So that's how I feel about music in The Sims games...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    The Sims 2
    I just turn the music off in game and put the sound down generally. It gets annoying after a while.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    The sims medieval has the best music. My favourite song is the Jacoban church music. Whenever I play that game, I’ll send my sims to the church every day just so I can listen to it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2023
    it was such a close call between urbz and sims 1 in my heart maybe because those styles are somewhat missing in ts4

But in ideal world:

Build/Buy:
    Sims 1

its calm and has that oldey shopping feel that I love

CAS:
    Sims 2

Its interestingly funky
    and makes you feel like creating fun stories and families

Neighborhood/Loading Screens:
    Urbz/ Medieval/Castaway etc.
    (depending on world)

its thematic and makes you feel like exploring a new world

be it a cool city, fun beach or full on middle ages out there

Radio:
    All games cause why not

I feel sims4 soundtrack is good but its just a little... plain and ordinary i guess needs some new vibes

sims 3 was always my least favourite
    (i don't know its just bit... stress inducing but maybe that just me)

but if i had to pick best part of it maybe the radio stations
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 1
    The music is just so iconic. I recognize it immediately every time I hear it. The others aren't bad, but they haven't stuck with me quite as much.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 base game map view music/pets ep loading screen and main menu music
    Sims 2 loading music and cas/build buy
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims 1
    I like listening to Sims 1 music when I'm doing work. I'd say for neighborhood, build mode, and buy mode, Sims 1 takes the cake. Mid-20th century Americana in buy mode, fun bossa nova and other tunes in neighborhood, and INCREDIBLE piano tracks for build (I used to go into build mode before buy mode just so I could listen to it while furnishing).

Sims 2 is a close second, but the vibe is almost a complete opposite from Sims 1 imo (which is interesting because the two games are very close together in tone and feel). I LOVE the radio music, except for salsa because well 🤪it's so early 2000s and funky.

Sims 3 (base game) is very standout. It feels so... bubbly? It's difficult to explain the exact feeling, even though it was my first sims game. I adore the World Adventures soundtrack, France for borrowing from Makin Magic, China has some great high-energy pieces, and Egypt has some of my favorite tracks from the expansion

Sims 4 music is fine. No nostalgia to it and I don't find myself ever having the urge to listen to it outside of game, but it's not muteworthy; it's actually perfectly pretty and relaxing. Just doesn't stand out as the others do.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims 1
    @Logicallyironic I only hate sims 2 salsa because its always the first station of radio turned on, theyd always blast music at 3am 😭😭

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1: it's not even close. That piano is hypnotic. Love the Bossa Nova theme
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • HedrankopalineHedrankopaline Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 1
    The sims 1, a nostalgia-driven choice.
    Still in my heart, still in my head and I sometimes search *intentionally* for the soundtrack on youtube and use it as a background music. So many hours of my youth spent wisely before that old, bulky, square monitor screen... *sigh*
    I like that they inclued the music from the first game on the retro radio station in Sims 4. It's a nice touch.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The Sims 1
    Oh gosh I can still remember Sims 1 Vacation soundtrack haha. I also hope they add the old music to the game one day
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 1 had some nice tracks for sure, but I hate that after you install the latest expansion pack, you lose the music from the previous expansion. And generally The Sims 2 had the least amount of annoying tracks, imo.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    The Sims 1
    @StrawberryYogurt (probably shoulda worded that part better) I meant that I love all the radio stations for being 2000s and funky, but I don't love salsa because without mods its what always plays (and it's pretty annoying after 15 years) xD
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1: it's not even close. That piano is hypnotic. Love the Bossa Nova theme

Yes the bossa nova doo doo doo doo doo~ doo~ dooo~ doo~ haha

https://youtu.be/sWAE2X8Jq60

The Sims 1
    The sims 1, a nostalgia-driven choice.

I like that they inclued the music from the first game on the retro radio station in Sims 4. It's a nice touch.

They also do in Sims 2! Is the "Shopping" music station when using the speaker on a community lot. Came with one of the expansions.

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1. It's no contest here. Bonus points if you include the expansions for that nice lovely music that Magic Town has. Including its own build and buy music! Vacation with that classic pineapple song with yodelling... The high glamour themes of Studio Town. And dare I say Hot Dates Jazz. They all reflect each area of the game perfectly.

...But we all know why TS1s still the most iconic... That classic base game soundtrack. It IS timeless.

How about the intro/rock station music. Used as far back as the original trailer for the game!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uubI41KUL_k

Or how about the Rave music that perfectly suits House Party and uses some soundtracks from Streets of Simcity!

Sorry Sims 2. I like your Nightlife soundtracks good, but TS1s timeless.
    Also I have to give a shout-out to Bustin Out for having an equally laid back soundtrack with some laid back hiphop feeling to it!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    Hands down TS1!! Just for the nostalgia! I only wish I could play it on my computer!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The Sims 2 PSP Soundtrack slaps too hard. It's a combination of Sims 2 and Sims 1 music with it's own unique twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEw2gmz0mXk&list=PLB-dGdMcaYyd_--N72uKRVJsf68UtKHqK&index=32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swGMn3IGlLM&list=PLB-dGdMcaYyd_--N72uKRVJsf68UtKHqK&index=5
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Intro to Sims 2 on PC. I could listen to that all day long. For some reason that's my favorite.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    The Sims 2
    For me it has to be TS2. It's the soundtrack that just seems to stick in my head. I would really have to stop and thing about what the others sounded like.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    The Sims 2
    I really loved the Sims 2 music. I grew up watching Rugrats and loved the song Whip It by Devo so having a talent of Mark Motherbaugh was a real treat.

This was one of my favourite Sims Vacation songs.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0

Some good Sims 2 music I enjoyed. There was just a nice variety of fun upbeat music.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iX2OXwlxotw

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DZFcrg5fcg4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6YLOQO3nXtU
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    The Sims 4
    The music was catchy in TS2, but they really upped their game in TS4.
    I love how it slightly changes when browsing categories in build/buy. And there's a lot more categories than previous games.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1 will always be my favourite, purely for the fact that I have some funny memories with this soundtrack. When The Sims first came out it was really popular with my friends at the time. One particular friend was obsessed with it. I remember playing it together when for some reason the building soundtrack came on and they started crying. They couldn't explain why, they just told me it made them emotional lol. We were both around 9 years old at the time.
    So for that reason and others The Sims 1 will always be my favourite soundtrack. :) I can't say that the other soundtracks have been that memorable for me really.