Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    NoWindows wrote: »
    Not me coming up with a story for a future generation while my founder isn't even with their spouse-to-be yet... halp I just wanna get to the GOOD parts!

well noel an lauren seperated so i'm stalling cause i'm not far along and the next part of the mod doesn't go public til later this month.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    OK, today I'm adding in a new regular character to Sim 66. Meet Jamie McGregor, a 17 year old guy who's just moved house with his family and is looking to make friends; specifically girls. Has he got time to do his English homework or has he got a One Track Mind? This chapter is written from the first person perspective, something I've not done before in Sim 66, and it's specific to this character.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/10/chapter-130-one-track-mind.html

KdydI5N.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Back home, and with another longish chapter of Life is Random: 4.11 An Adventure
    image.png
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm starting to wonder if I created a monster in Sim 66. On the "Sims of History" Discord today someone called me "That Sixties expert". Seriously, two years ago the 1960s was a passing interest!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I'm sick and tired of waiting to hear back from **** community funding about the special funding for me to get a *** gaming computer. I been waiting since March/May for it at least and it's already mid-October. We could have gotten one months ago. And just a few mintues ago the |*** computer froze up on me on a not hot *** day.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    A wedding update for my Fier Legacy: The Dawn of Her "Happily Ever After."
    uWZWq2P.jpg
    I'm starting to wonder if I created a monster in Sim 66. On the "Sims of History" Discord today someone called me "That Sixties expert". Seriously, two years ago the 1960s was a passing interest!
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Congrats! You are doing something unique that requires outside knowledge, and your series is memorable because of that. I hope you keep it up and learn more about the 60s while doing it. I need to catch up on your posts...
  • Options
    Two new chapters today, coincidentally also including a heir wedding!
    [url="htthttps://museurania462371994.wordpress.com/2021/10/16/peters-4-12-conquering-the-mountain/p://"]4.12 Conquering the Mountain[/url]
    4.13 The White Wedding
    image.png
  • Options
    i just yelled at joseph (legacysimmer) because of him my sim test kid saw his parents doing something he wasn't meant to se. so updating tommorrow. i have one file just for testing new things cause the benders are already a handful.

I like my new handle name you gave me. :grimace:

sorry i didn't know what you meant ril right now work was super busy this week.
  • Options
    And they keep coming two by two - this Random Legacy is on the move.

4.14 The Darkness and the Light
    4.15 The Return
    image.png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    sorry i didn't know what you meant ril right now work was super busy this week.

You can keep your typos in. That's what makes it all the more fun. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I've been away a couple of days, so haven't played. Joshua successfully completed term one of three. I can relate to people wanting to be at a certain point in their story! I have that with my 'new story', and the Mastersons. I really 'planned' my Masterson save; I created a little table that charts when marriages will take place, as well as conceptions and births of generation 3 members. Theseus being born on Love Day was very much a deliberate choice. The other events are more 'random', I just planned them so I could space things out. There are 9 planned members of gen 3, with 4 (Theseus, Athena, Sophia and Persephone aka 'Sephi') being born already, so I really wanted to map things out properly. The next couple of Sim weeks in that game will be VERY busy!
  • Options
    NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Maaan, the more I look at my story, the less I want to continue and the less proud of it I am. Deconstructing the 100 baby challenge environment's effect on one of the kids sounded fun at first, but now I don't know how to handle it in a good way... Nor can I figure out how to smoothly get her in a relationship when she's terrified of them!
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Maaan, the more I look at my story, the less I want to continue and the less proud of it I am. Deconstructing the 100 baby challenge environment's effect on one of the kids sounded fun at first, but now I don't know how to handle it in a good way... Nor can I figure out how to smoothly get her in a relationship when she's terrified of them!

I've been through a similar thing with some of my stories before. Sometimes you end up having to turn it on its head and reboot it, but sometimes, you can just pick it up and appreciate what you've done so far. It can be hard, but some things need to be said - the 100 baby challenge is tough as it is, but I've recently wanted to pick it up again, but you've picked a very interesting view point on it.
  • Options

i haven't always liked the benders either their my most realistic family even when i wasn't using mods they've always been pretty dramatic. which gets me in to situations i never lived . but somewhere between the firstime i wrote them and now they became a part of me. their a big family four years ago dad died and my family which was up to 6 because my brother got married is now down to 3 when my nieces aren
    't around brothers divorced now. so the benders is a comfort to me i have them even if everything else falls apart.

sorry for being dramatic .
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Lurker popping in, though I will post stories once I'm more consistently updating mine.

Why does she need to end up in a relationship at the end of it? Maybe her story is coming to terms that she's not the right type to have a husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a white picket fence and that that's just fine. Maybe that's what she's trying to tell you. Maybe she tries a relationship and has a kid or two, but why does she need a romantic partner at the end of the story?

Not all kids coming out of a 100 baby challenge home situation, would be able to form normal relationships. Because all they saw was their mother having one night stands with a bunch of different men.

Just something to think about.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Lurker popping in, though I will post stories once I'm more consistently updating mine.

Why does she need to end up in a relationship at the end of it? Maybe her story is coming to terms that she's not the right type to have a husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a white picket fence and that that's just fine. Maybe that's what she's trying to tell you. Maybe she tries a relationship and has a kid or two, but why does she need a romantic partner at the end of the story?

Not all kids coming out of a 100 baby challenge home situation, would be able to form normal relationships. Because all they saw was their mother having one night stands with a bunch of different men.

Good point, but she's Family-Oriented, and I personally think part of that trait is wanting a "husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a white picket fence" as you put it.

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Good point, but she's Family-Oriented, and I personally think part of that trait is wanting a "husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a white picket fence" as you put it.

I don't like to treat traits as one dimensional, this is always how it presents in Sims.

I had 2 Sims with the loner trait in a story.

One preferred to be alone, but was just fine being social and his job often had him working around others if not with them. But he rarely had an official long term partner. That was his "Loner" trait expression.

His sister had social anxiety and that's why she preferred to be alone. Family and small crowds wouldn't set her off, but get around a large crowd of strangers...

In one story, I had a Sim born with the Insane trait. I treated that as someone with my universe's version of Autism/Asperger's though it's not entirely the same.

In another story, I had a Sim who ended up with the Insane trait and well, he hears voices.

So I sometimes view Insane as really insane, but sometimes as neurodivergent.

So maybe some Family-Oriented Sims want that ideal family.

But maybe others want a stable household with a few kids, biological or adopted, and not care about marital status or if they gave birth to the kid(s) or not.

Or maybe a family full of pets.
  • Options

2.5 always makes me laugh cause its not 3 so is it 2 and akid with half a body?
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

I don't like to treat traits as one dimensional, this is always how it presents in Sims.

I had 2 Sims with the loner trait in a story.

One preferred to be alone, but was just fine being social and his job often had him working around others if not with them. But he rarely had an official long term partner. That was his "Loner" trait expression.

His sister had social anxiety and that's why she preferred to be alone. Family and small crowds wouldn't set her off, but get around a large crowd of strangers...

In one story, I had a Sim born with the Insane trait. I treated that as someone with my universe's version of Autism/Asperger's though it's not entirely the same.

In another story, I had a Sim who ended up with the Insane trait and well, he hears voices.

So I sometimes view Insane as really insane, but sometimes as neurodivergent.

So maybe some Family-Oriented Sims want that ideal family.

But maybe others want a stable household with a few kids, biological or adopted, and not care about marital status or if they gave birth to the kid(s) or not.

Or maybe a family full of pets.

I think she could also simply care a lot about the large family of extended relatives she already has. But if she really wants a romantic relationship maybe it's something she sees herself having later in life/when she's much older and ready.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

you could have her 2 kids and a dog and have her meet someone later i let my sims decide but you could have her meet someone at the park or something like that. beverly one of the sims i created once met someone at the night club. bt since i had the second part of mc it might have been a bad idea she ended up with 2 bd.baby dads just have fun trust me your sims will tell you what they want.
  • Options
    It won’t be long until I’m able to start my new story! My main character is now married and they’re expecting their first child.
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Hello everyone! Poking my head in after a long leave of absence, I hope you all are doing (and writing) well! It's so good to see the lounge as active as always, with people sharing lovely stories and making friends! <3

I've been playing a TS4 legacy (undocumented) in my spare time and am up to Gen 2, and have continued my Switch! rotation series on my blog, but on TS3 instead!

Hoping you all are well and am wishing you all the happiest of timezones! :smiley: Doughnuts and cookies for all! :cookie:
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Me: Okay, so that makes three stories you've canceled in the first generation. Don't make another, you'd just be getting people's hopes up for nothing because you've made a pattern.
    Also me, starting a new file: ok....but consider...what if... i DID make another story

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    New chapter is up:
    Chapter 13- Relocation
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    I got my family’s home neighbourhood to go Green! Never had that happen before so YAY! What helped was going into every other lot and adding wind turbines, dew collectors and solar panels. One of my Sims is a Green Fiend so she’s happy.
    No idea how long it will last though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top